Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which galleries to put uploads in?

I try to put my cards in the appropriate galleries, but most of the time, I can't find the right place to put them. (I also can't watch the video because I have very slow internet and no sound card).

Most of the categories I see are SU, but I have no SU products because we don't have any demonstrators near us. Also, most of my cards don't use stamps, and many are done with generic paper I get at the nearest craft store. Most of them also are not made for an occasion.

I use keywords for the name brand products, but sometimes my cards are moved into SU galleries even though they use no SU products. Today I got a PM about putting my cards into the appropriate gallery, even though the card I uploaded had no stamps or name brand paper, and was pretty generic.

I need help knowing where to put things that don't fit any category. I thought that the keyword thing worked, because when I search Spellbinders for instance, my cards always show up, or when I go to the gallery under the product name, they are there. It makes me hesitant to upload now because I don't know where to put things.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Kathi!

If you don't use SU products, your best bet is your Member Gallery - which appears at the top of the list. Then, use keywords to include your card in a company gallery - like MFT, SNSS, Unity, etc.

If you use one of our tutorials, we have galleries for those - so for example, an easel card might get moved into our easel card gallery.

Spellbinders is a great example - you would upload your card to your member gallery and use keyword spellbinders, and it would show up in the Spellbinders gallery.

Don't worry if your things get moved or if the mods send you a note - it's the easiest way to learn, and it's completely okay - we are here to help.

Sorry you can't see the video :( It explains a lot.

Feel free to ask us questions too
Kookie Creator

Thanks Lydia, that is what I've been trying to do, but the PM said not to put them into my member gallery because then it makes extra work, so I didn't know what to do with them. I also didn't know what to do if the card was from a tutorial from another site and not the SCS site.

Anyway, I'll try to do better. :-)

Maybe I'm just overly upset because my husband and a bunch of other people got laid off today, and living on an island, there are no jobs available. Everyone here is getting laid off. I guess we shouldn't have bought a newer truck in September, but the old one was almost dead, and the car was dead. We also just refinanced the house to pay off hospital bills, so maybe today just isn't my day.
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

It's really not a problem - they will move them to the right places and just check and see where they are and you will get the hang of it.

I'm so, so sorry about your husband. :( I know that is so stressful. I hope that something good happens soon for all of the people affected. Try not to worry. Stamping helps.

Bad days stink. We get a new one tomorrow and I hope it's better.

Hugs.
Kookie Creator

Thanks Lydia, I needed that hug. :-)