Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Edit does not work / Like Button errors/ Tab opening issues / Post Counts Incorrect (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/edit-does-not-work-like-button-errors-tab-opening-issues-post-counts-incorrect-610609/)

boobookittysgranny 06-24-2016 10:57 AM

Any idea when the edit button will be fixed for the PIF threads? Can't do additions...have to redo the complete list every time...

boobookittysgranny 06-24-2016 07:24 PM

Anyone????

UnderstandBlue 06-24-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobookittysgranny (Post 21265076)
Anyone????

Hi there -

I'm not sure if you saw my earlier posts, but unfortunately I can't give an exact time on a fix for this. And when it's late on Friday night, I can definitely tell you that our tech team is gone for the weekend.

They are trying to get it resolved, but it's taking a little while.

muscrat 06-25-2016 08:33 AM

The edit button works OK for me. Maybe its fixed?

sek111sbc 06-25-2016 10:04 AM

not fixed on the pif threads yet...

SkyNacho 06-25-2016 04:47 PM

Hey, you guys, until the edit button returns, if you want to edit your post:

In the upper right of your post is the post number. Click on it, and it will take you to a page with JUST that post. An edit button should appear there, and then you can edit!

(I am not sure if this works in forums where you normally cannot edit.)

lindac007 06-25-2016 08:36 PM

It would seem the "EDIT" problem is the swap threads is of very low priority for SCS I know for face=t many have left and many are looking at other internet swap sites (of which there are many) how much longer does it take or does anyone really care??????

swaps have been struggling for over a year now this does NOT help them at all.

SkyNacho 06-26-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac007 (Post 21265719)
It would seem the "EDIT" problem is the swap threads is of very low priority for SCS I know for face=t many have left and many are looking at other internet swap sites (of which there are many) how much longer does it take or does anyone really care??????

swaps have been struggling for over a year now this does NOT help them at all.

I don't think it's very fair to suggest that they don't care about fixing the broken edit option. But the tech team doesn't work on the weekend.

lindac007 06-26-2016 03:30 PM

I reported this almost 2 weeks ago!!!!!!! Please comment only if you know what you are talking about which you don't

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 21266047)
I don't think it's very fair to suggest that they don't care about fixing the broken edit option. But the tech team doesn't work on the weekend.

dini 06-26-2016 03:46 PM

Our Internet Brands tech team services more sites than just this one... you can take a peek here for a sampling of all the sites they are managing. This is an edit that goes beyond the realms of our site admin team - we work the weekends and we would fix it if we could - we'd love to see you getting back to those swaps and PIFs! Lydia is posting updates here as she is made aware of them. :)

UnderstandBlue 06-26-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindac007 (Post 21266125)
I reported this almost 2 weeks ago!!!!!!! Please comment only if you know what you are talking about which you don't

Hi Linda -

I'm sorry you're upset, but there's no reason to be insulting - in fact, it's a violation of our most important site posting rule, which can jeopardize your account.

Yes, some fixes take weeks - some take longer. This is part of a very complicated series of fixes which require a long (and expensive) period of work so that you can enjoy all the free resources Splitcoast has to offer.

Do we wish we could fix everything in five seconds? Yes. Is it possible? No.

You are using a website with many technical resources, hardware and software both, dozens of different pieces of software running different parts of the site, and things can be complicated.

I'm sorry for the frustration, but you will need to be respectful and kind in order to maintain an account here - it's the most important thing about our culture, and I take it extremely seriously.

UnderstandBlue 06-26-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 21266047)

Thank you Emily! :)

sek111sbc 06-26-2016 07:07 PM

yes...we all just have to be a little patient (although usually the only thing I learned patience with is my children...lol...and then sometimes not) but am sitting here anxiously awaiting the fix...lol

lindac007 06-26-2016 09:39 PM

Lydia, I was responding to a comment with 1 or 2 sentences that were added in front of what you see here in SkyNacho's comment which was very negative and uncalled for so sorry if that was wrong but I did NOT start the problem either! I was responding in like kind and I'm not sure how you can send a comment without ALL of it showing here?
But there was MORE to the comment that came to me than seen here! yes I am in patient I have 3 very active swaps open for the first time in months we actually have almost 20 swappers, I can do nothing to update with requests from swappers to please update! It's not because I won't but can't so that hurts the swap a lot!!!!!

we have been struggling for over a year in the swaps forum's to attract swappers and to keep those threads active and alive. against many problems thrown our way this one is the worse and it is creating unhappy swappers which is the very LAST thing we need in those threads. we only have a handful left now and I hate to see them
stressed as well.

I'm sure for "other" services and features in this site that things have not been as rough as it has been keeping the swap threads going and I don't want to see these last swaps go up in smoke! just over a year ago we had 20 to 30 active swaps with plenty of swap participates we are down to maybe a dozen swaps and maybe 25 swappers left. this may not seem important to those who don't participate in the swaps but to those that do it is very important. we can only do so much and this problem of all that has been tossed at us is the worse and at the worse possible time.

I've given it a lot of thought but after these open swaps close I will not be hosting any others here on SCS. I came here for the enjoyment and for a outlet to be "busy" to keep my mind off pain issues but the stress is not a good substitute. a year ago is like night to day in the swap forums and so many people have left, its like fighting an up hill battle to keep them open or active with the continuous bugs or problems thrown our way. This isn't the first :( we have lost many great hostess in past year due to issues. I'm a senior and NOT very computer savoy when it comes to technical issues but when its one after another I can't understand the problem (sorry)

especially given the size of the site. I've received several messages on this problem as I originally reported it to several people a couple weeks ago. the responses don't add up, I hear they know the problem is result of an site update and are fixing it soon then I hear they have no idea why its broke? It's not same response. One person states no idea when it will be fixed yet another says different what do I believe???? I have received 3 different responses this week alone. Can you understand? then I get that negative email from some one who knew nothing of the problem. they could have ask???? They didn't know any of the history. it is very frustrating and I feel responsible to the folks in those 3 swaps that are open where I can't make changes for them or update or anything??? we are dead in the water!

susie australia 06-26-2016 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 21266133)
Our Internet Brands tech team services more sites than just this one... you can take a peek here for a sampling of all the sites they are managing. ....

Oh my goodness I just checked this out and saw that Pprune - the aviation forum, is part of Internet Brands. When my DH was flying helicopters offshore in Nigeria, Pprune was the only way I knew he was safe at the end of each day. Lots of kidnappings were going on at the time...there was no way of communicating directly....just Pprune. I had no idea that it was part of the Internet Brands family. I can't wait to tell him!!!

I know this seems off topic, but really, if the worst thing that happens today is a delay in a repair here at SCS, no matter what forum/thread/group, then we are so very lucky.

I hope everyone has a lovely week getting creative and inky. xx

UnderstandBlue 06-27-2016 02:54 AM

Yes Susie! You'd be amazed at all the forums under the umbrella. Nearly all auto forums too - that's how they started.

And Linda - it doesn't matter what you're responding to - it's a very black & white rule, and violating it will jeopardize your account.

The fix is a high priority and will be fixed as soon as possible.

muscrat 06-27-2016 05:23 AM

The swaps aren't necessarily dying because of computer issues. I quit swapping because postage was too much for me and we have so many wonderful challenges here where you don't have to mail anything! We have some fabulous hostesses who challenge me to grow in my abilities, teach me new techniques, and add to my list of friends! This is the best site I've ever been on. I don't get called names, I get help when I'm stuck, have prayer warriors, get questions answered rather quickly, and overall, I just love love love it here! (Did I mention I love it here? LOL)

boobookittysgranny 06-27-2016 04:49 PM

The edit button is now fixed in the PIF threads. Thanks to the powers that be for fixing it.

sek111sbc 06-27-2016 05:11 PM

yes....the 10 pif swap thread and 5/10's bugs are fixed! YAY!

sek111sbc 06-27-2016 05:12 PM

btw~if anyone wants to join on the trading threads...come by and visit (can't hurt to put a plug in huh?) lol

thank you for fixing it!

UnderstandBlue 06-28-2016 09:05 AM

Awesome - thanks y'all! :)

I believe all errors in this thread are resolved so I will archive. Thanks for your patience!