Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dear Daven?

I didn't know if I should figure out how to write the web master or what. I don't want to bug him with all the work he has done. Especially since they may be stupid questions. I'll ask you guys and you tell me if you feel the same.

1)I am not getting replies to my posts or seeing what others say on threads I have commented in sent automatically to my e-mail like I used to do. Is it necessary to go down and change it to instant or daily notification each and every time. Can't we just have the option back to do this automatically so we can avoid this set every time we post?

2)When you get to the bottom of page or worse yet, the bottom of a 10 page thread, you no longer see a forum link. It used to be that you didn't have to scroll all the way back up to the top, then click on forum, and then on General like you do now. There was that option right where the last post ended and you could very quickly go back to General, or change it to Every Day Chit Chat or whatever. This new way takes a lot longer.

3)Still no spell check? Shucks

4) When I hit an icon at the bottom it puts it at the top near the title and not in the post by something I said. Like if I am happy about something I want to happy face right by the comment in the middle of my post but it puts it at the top???

Oh boy, it sounds like I am complaining but PLEASE do not think that!!! These could just be me as a pretty computer illiterate person trying to figure out the new system and the things I am asking can still be done, I just have to figure out how. Didn't they say something about a daily how to for this entire week on learning to navigate the new system? I haven't seen it but there again, it could just be me.

Help please.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #2  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen

4) When I hit an icon at the bottom it puts it at the top near the title and not in the post by something I said. Like if I am happy about something I want to happy face right by the comment in the middle of my post but it puts it at the top???
I know the answer to this one! Select from the Smilies (on the right of your text box) to insert emoticons in your message like these: :confused: or :eek: . The icons on the bottom are specifically for identifying your message.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.... If you go to user CP... then to edit options then down to Misc options... you can change the way things get typed in... standard is the one you are looking for... (note: most are having problems with the smilies being a box with an x and a word... they still work if you click on them) and it is more similar to what we used to do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 09:21 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

The other one that I can help you with is the having to scrool back up... hitting the home key on your keyboard willl bring you right back to the top! it is an easily forgotten key!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

See, I knew I didn't have to bug Daven. I am so thankful to him, Tom, and Tracey and this is just going to take a little time to get used to but the changes look awesome.

Another thing you might be able to help me with is what are the quick reply post and go advanced options at the bottom of where you go to reply for? Maybe the help daily letters will address these, have you seen them? I copied and pasted this from the home page: New can be difficult so we'll be publishing a series of articles - one each day, all this week - to help you as you find your way around and discover new things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

oh geeze, I am going to sound bitchy here, don't mean to! :( But I just went and looked at some stuff and I hit Home to get me back up top. That was WAYYYY quicker than scrolling all the way back up so that was helpful. But it is still 3 more steps than before where you just clicked on General Discussions at the end of the last post and you were instantly there. Now you hit home, forums, then general discussions. If it would be super easy to have that back, should we mention it? Or should I keep my big mouth shut and appreciate this awesome site for what it is?

Last edited by stamping_jen; 04-12-2005 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Well Stampin_Jen, your not the only one with questions. Here is the one that I'm struggling the most with. I have to use my horizontal scroll bar to read every post because they are wider than my viewing area. Is there any way that I can change this? I only have a 15" screen at work. I do have a 17" at home but I haven't checked it out there yet. This is really a problem because it has become work to read on line having to do that.

Also, are the current posts going to be showing up on the home page or are there changes going on there too? I miss just reviewing the current topic of discussions instead of browsing through the whole forum listing.

There was another issue that I have been wanting to ask about long before these changes. On the Calendar of events are the "past dated" events going to be deleted or does the creator of the event have to do the deletion?

I don't want to sound picky either but this is really going to take me awhile to get used to. I read the faq but I'm sure as I use it I'll have to go back to those frequently. I really do appreciate all of your efforts but then again, change can be difficult for some of us:confused: .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK. NO SNARK INTENDED, but some of these questions have already been addressed in this forum. This is just a GENTLE reminder to do a quick search to see if your question has been asked. We're all stretched a little thin answering questions right now, so you will get faster results by doing a search.

Also-try not to ask TOO many questions at once. I understand you have questions and we are all cool with answering them. But 8 questions in one thread is overwhelming. I hope you understand.

Now-I am done lecturing you, let's see if I can help....

For stampin_jen:
1.You can change you settings to get an e-mail for every thread that you post in. Go into your user CP-then Edit Options-then under Messaging and Notifications. Set your Default Thread Subscription Mode to "Instant E-Mail Notification". To see them-go to List Subscriptions.

2. At the very bottom of the page, in a light blue bar-you should also see "forums". Click that and it will take you back to the forum index. Or just hit your back arrow on your browser.

3. Can't help you there. ;)

Stefanie-I'll work on your answers next.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Last edited by Catie; 04-12-2005 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
oh geeze, I am going to sound bitchy here, don't mean to! :( But I just went and looked at some stuff and I hit Home to get me back up top. That was WAYYYY quicker than scrolling all the way back up so that was helpful. But it is still 3 more steps than before where you just clicked on General Discussions at the end of the last post and you were instantly there. Now you hit home, forums, then general discussions. If it would be super easy to have that back, should we mention it? Or should I keep my big mouth shut and appreciate this awesome site for what it is?
There should be a spot right under the orange title bar that says... (just above the User CP) Splitcoaststampersforum>general disscussion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

For stefanie:This thread addresses the issue of your screen:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Post #10-sluman gives some advice for changing your monitor settings. There is other help there as well, if that doesn't work.

As for the homepage-Daven said that he is working on reskinning it and there are changes coming for it as well.

I don't have an immediate answer for the calendar.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 06:26 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Catie!! No Snark taken ;) It is good to tell it like it is.
Hey, how else are we going to learn to use this board the best we can without getting on other people's nerves? Got it, too many questions at once. Also, try to do searches first. Will do. Again, thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by up4stampin2
The other one that I can help you with is the having to scrool back up... hitting the home key on your keyboard willl bring you right back to the top! it is an easily forgotten key!
Well I'll be danged! There is a "homey" key on my keyboard. :o:o
Guess you can teach an old gal some new tricks. Heheheee

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:13 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

You have answered a lot of my questions but I still can't find the smilies! I see the ones after the box I'm typing in now (these add to the message title) but I don't have any smilies in the right corner of my text box. Is it a drop down? From what word?
TIA!
DD just missed her bus so gotta go wake the little one to take her to school. Hoe to check in later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimilou
You have answered a lot of my questions but I still can't find the smilies! I see the ones after the box I'm typing in now (these add to the message title) but I don't have any smilies in the right corner of my text box. Is it a drop down? From what word?
TIA!
DD just missed her bus so gotta go wake the little one to take her to school. Hoe to check in later!
You'll love WYSIWYG:
Go to
User CP> Edit Options > scroll down to Misc Options & choose
Full WYSIWYG

That will let you have lots of cool options!

WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get

Smilies are in the top bar above font formatting, etc. They show up as red X when you insert, but when you click submit, they work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 04:29 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the response.

Sorry about the duplicate questions - if you cannot spend more than an hour at a time on this site it is very easy to miss discussions. I thought I had read the whole thread.

Also, I will not ask more than one question at a time from now on. I did not realize that it would be a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Asking questions isn't the problem. Not doing a simple search to see if they have been asked is my own personal pet peeve. I don't think it is too much to ask during this busy time because while I do not mind answering questions, there are 40,000 people who have them. 40,000 questions in a day is overwhelming. A simple search for the question will give quicker results and doesn't take very much time.

That said-stampin_jen-there is another way to "go back". If you have read everything on a page and are at the bottom, there is a drop menu called "Forum Jump". You can jump to whichever forum-then click go and you are right there.

If you are looking in Site Suggestions and you just want to go back to the thread index for Site Suggestions, you don't need to do anything exept click go. Does that make any sense? Or is it just more confusing?
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 06:50 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Catie writes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oop. Should have been more clear...I wasn't addressing you Jen.
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes