Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Site Issues Archive (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/)
-   -   Chrome (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/site-issues-archive-405/chrome-533911/)

Shadow's Mom 07-26-2011 06:32 AM

Chrome

Good morning everyone! I changed my browser to Chrome last week and every time I leave comments in the gallery - they disappear. The funny thing is when you look at the number of comments it's obviously counting my comment but it just doesn't show up.

Any suggestions? I've left a message in the on-line help but thought maybe someone else has run into this issue too.

UnderstandBlue 07-26-2011 06:33 AM

Hmmm - do you have a link to a photo you've commented on? I use Chrome too.

Shadow's Mom 07-26-2011 06:37 AM

Thanks so much Lydia for getting back to me on this...here's one of the cards I left a comment on this a.m.

CC333 Silhouette with Wood Beads by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

UnderstandBlue 07-26-2011 07:18 AM

I know what it is - it's your apostrophe. :-/

I'll tell the team. This problem recurs every now and then and they have to fix it.

Sorry about that! Chrome is innocent! :)

Shadow's Mom 07-26-2011 07:29 AM

OK, now that's the last thing I would have thought of LOL! I have lots of problems with my hypenated name on different sites but this is new to me.

Thanks so much Lydia! I love commenting and just couldn't figure out what was happening to my comments!

BTW, I really appreciate all the coverage you provided at CHA! It's so cool for those of us so far away to feel like we've been there and done that! Much appreciated!

UnderstandBlue 07-26-2011 07:34 AM

I know - isn't that crazy??? If I remember right, it works if you do "Post a comment" but not if you do Quick Reply - you can test and see :)

Oh you are so welcome - thanks for virtually coming along with us!!!

Shadow's Mom 07-27-2011 05:09 AM

Good morning, Lydia!

It appears that Chrome is the culprit after all. I still can't leave any comments when I sign in with Chrome as my browser, but this morning I tried signing in with IE and it works fine.

Just call me confused :confused: LOL!

UnderstandBlue 07-27-2011 05:13 AM

Okay that is completely bizarre.

I have lots of issues with Chrome - the A/a button for HTML editing in posts doesn't show up, and some other site images appear broken.

Chrome also doesn't work right in Blogger - their own program - go figure!!

I guess it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

Have you tried Firefox?

Shadow's Mom 07-27-2011 11:16 AM

So far I haven't had any issues with my blog...but we'll see. I had tried IE9 and got rid of it because it didn't work with my blog... the button issue again, nor did it work with a lot of stuff.

No, I haven't tried Firefox and honestly I'm almost afraid too LOL. I may just keep using IE8 for here and Chrome for everything else.

Thanks for all your help, Lydia!