Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2005, 04:08 PM   #241  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I would be willing to pay more - (now don't take me out to the woodshed girls!!) This site rocks! I have learned more here than everywhere else on the net and off - put together!!

I've had more laughs, prayed for people, cheered for people, oohed and aahhhed over the talent of more people, sweat buckets over my swaps for the SCS dinner swap at Convention, learned and CASEd and learned some more!
This site is worth more to me than cable!!! (ohoh...now it sounds like I need a life!!);)

Make a profit you guys!! Succeed!! Isn't that what this site is here to help US to do???? You started this out of the goodness of your heart, and to find stamping buddies - and look what has happened! Make a little money off it for cryin' out loud!!!

For all you do....this (((hug's)))) for you!!

Tracy, I met you over a "mocha" at Convention!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

Absolutely, make the changes! I expect to pay for my favorite stamping magazine that comes only 8 times a year, so why not this wonderful site that provides so much more than a magazine ever could. Thanks to all who make it happen! I appreciate what you do!
Dirty Dozen Alumni

While some find a "gallery for paid members only" system unacceptable, be sure you understand that this was a very difficult decision for Daven to make. He very much wants this site to remain as free as he possibly can make it - or reasonably priced to allow as many active users as possible.

I had the pleasure of meeting Daven and Tracy at convention. They are by no means "in it for $$$". On the contrary, this site for them is a "full time" responsibility. Full time meaning well over full time - most of us go to jobs 9-5:30. We come home and that is our family time. The amount of time Daven devotes to this site is WELL OVER 40 hours per week. And if something goes wrong with the site at any time of the day, holiday, etc. He is "on call" so to speak. No one else will do it for him - and if he can get someone to help, he can pay someone to help out if he doesn't know how to do something. All of this work is for US! And until now, there has been minimum cost! Unbelievable!

Daven is sincerely trying to be fair to everyone when he made this decision. He truly DOES care about how we feel about it. He is trying to figure out how to meet our needs while maintaining the infrastructure running the site so that it works properly and effectively. He does not make hasty decisions; he puts a lot of thought into any decision.

To those who will no longer be coming to SCS IF the paid gallery is permanent: You will always be welcomed back if you change your mind. You must decide what is best for you at the present time. No problem. That is how life is. I know that even $25 can be tough for someone putting food on the table. I'm sure Daven will continue providing gift subscriptions which may help those people out.

To those who are ok with the paid gallery IF is ends up permanent: I agree with you all. $25 is such a small amount to pay for the gallery at SCS compared to other paper craft magazine subscriptions. This is an incredible resource and it has an owner who truly cares about the people on SCS and cares about helping them be successful whether or not they are demonstrators.

Thanks for letting me give my .02 (Member since May 2003, when SCS was in its infancy!!!!)
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer
Hmmm 55,000 members at $20 dollars a piece is $1,100,000.00. Just exactly what IS the cost to run a website? I'd think a maiximum of $2000 a month would be asking enough and that's only 50 cents a year for each member. Most of the peole that want to pay for the site are already paying now. Once we all pay, and we are ALL now able to slow down the gallery, aren't we back to square one? Go to godaddy.com and find how much it actually cost to set up a site.
And now that I've said that-I'll be paying for it if that's what I have to do, but I definitely think that everyone wants to make money, and this should be labeled for the money maker that it is.
While everyone has a right to express their opinion, I completely oppose this viewpoint, and have to go on the record as saying so.
When was the last time you wrote to your favorite magazine and said, "well it looks like you have enough paid subscriptions now, so you need to lower all of the subscriptions to .10 a year instead of $20.00 a year?"
Gee whiz, who even can guess how many UNPAID hours Daven has put into this website? I would love to see him make a REALLY good salary for doing this. And what business is it of ours how much he makes???????? How about retroactive pay for all hours until now?
Nobody said this was a co-op. If it were, we would all have to contribute to the actual expenses of running the site. Everytime we needed a larger server, or a paid technician, we would all have to ante up. We have never had to do that.
The more I write, the madder I get at the people who question the amounts of the donations and where they go. It hurts my feelings for Daven and Tracey that they should even see those comments. SO entirely uncalled for.
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now I am MAD... and thats not too common for me to say on SCS. For those who are complaining... Its a privately run site, if you don't like it... go somewhere else. I know thats very rude to say.... but much like the Boy Scouts or costco... No one forces you to join and if you do join, you have to follow the terms/rules or leave.

There are many people here on SCS that give of their time and money to support this site. Dirty Dozen team members are not paid or compensated... we pooled our own resources.... WHY? why would people like them contribute to this site with out pay? I know that I can only speak for myself... I haven't told too many people on SCS about whats in store for the future but I feel this is appropriate now... I have some items contracted for publication right now... soon you will see the tiny trickle of my PAID for work on news stands..... BUT... I wanted to stay in the DDDT... even though it was time for someone else to have a turn..... (keep in, FOR FREE).... WHY?...I have gotten so much from being a part of SCS. The amazing amount of good people on here and the Noltas have the best hearts. So.. for me to give, to support the site in that way was/is a privilidge... I was and will continue to in any way that I am asked!

there's my 2 cents!

Last edited by Lisa Lisa; 09-22-2005 at 11:30 PM..
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

All I can say is...it's about time!! I've constantly marvelled at the fact that we can come here and get SO MUCH for free! I've been a DD gallery subscriber for almost a year now and have never regretted it for one moment! (I've jealously wanted to be a member but that's another story ) I know those who have come to love this site and contributed so much already know or will come to see that this site is an invaluable rescource. I have no qualms about this decision...WAY TO GO!!
Inking Addict

I have read a few of the comments on this thread. (Don't have time for
6 pages) But I have been a member almost a year and joined the Fan Club
shortly after. I could not believe it when I happened on to this wonderful site. I was amazed that it was FREE.
I have learned so much from all the gracious ladies who willingly share their ideas. I gave up 2 magazine subscriptions for the Fan Club and it is worth every penny and more. I know the gallery has been slow and I don't come to it as often.
I want to thank Tracy and Daven for their vision of this website and all their time and talent (and I'm sure $$$) that they have so generously given.
It is time to step up help support them and all the moderators and the DD Team.
I agree with going to a fee to access the gallery. The work will need to be done anyway and we need to face up to - We can't be takers and not give
back.
And yea for Lisa Lisa. You go girl!
Oftentimes FREE conotes NO VALUE. Whereas a dollar value says it is WORTHWHILE!!!
This is a very worthwhile service.
Thanks again
Marcie

Last edited by woodmarc; 09-22-2005 at 04:18 PM..
Crimping Master

I support your decision to do whatever you want, but there are many people on here, myself included, that cannot afford 25.00. I joined this website and recently became a Stampin up demo, but have not made one dime yet : My family had to scrape and scrimp to buy the demo kit--I don't buy any stamping magazines, or any other personal periodicals, and I have never bought a 25.00 pizza in my life. Even papa murphy's 7.99 is too much for us some weeks...I would love to be able to pay something, but 25.00 is an outfit for one of my dd's, or gas in the car (albiet, not much gas right now...), etc. I think it is pretty insensitive to have people say that 25.00 is not alot of money. For a struggling family of 4, it is... I am seriously crying at the thought of losing the gallery permanently, but as I said, I understand if you have to do it...
Thanks for listening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponygirl40
$25 is NOTHING -- it's a pizza. That the cost of one pizza will provide access to so many marvelous and creative ideas for a whole year is a wonderful thing. I'm already a Fan Club member and will continue to be so.

I fully support whatever decision is made.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer
...And this should be labeled for the money maker that it is.
*ROTFLMAO*

You don't say much, but when you do it packs quite a punch.
Cardstock Collector

Default I support the gallery for paid members only!

I agree that SCS is the best source for ideas and will happily continue my subscription.

I think that everyone should be allowed to share to the gallery regardless of membership status... I am so amazed at the creativity of others, and it seems a shame for them not to get all the positive feedback they receive from sharing.
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
I agree... SCS is PRICELESS!! I'd gladly pay. The owners/moderators deserve every penny! Thanks for all your hard work and inspiration!! Now what happens if EVERYONE joins? Won't you be back to square one???
If EVERYONE joins, I think a million plus dollars should ensure that we all zip through the gallery like we were the only one on. Isn't that the selling point?-
Stazon Splitcoast

I cannot imagine the amount of work it takes to keep this site running. I was astounded when I first found it and discovered it was free to see more inspiration than I could get from a hundred magazines.

I would gladly keep on paying a $20 per year subscription. You will send notices when they're due to expire though, right? I'm horrible at recordkeeping.
peggysue
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I never joined the fan club as my work was and still is no where near up to theirs and didn't see the point on seeing all the lovely things I could never in a zillion years case. But, I am in now. Daven, you rock, and I would pay far more if you asked. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

ETA....my mooolah goes postal on payday!! THANKS!!!!!!

Last edited by Disneywed; 09-22-2005 at 11:33 PM..
Hardware Hotshot

You know that whatever you decide, not everyone will be happy about it. You do what you need to do and we loyal fans will support you.

Thanks!!
Kookie Creator

Okay, now that I have finally finished skimming through all the comments, I'll add a couple more thoughts.

I know a lot of people will not agree with me, but I think that the paid membership should be permanent, and I think that Daven should be able to make a living off this site to support his family. He and Tracy have sacrificed a lot of time and money to get this site where it is now. Why on earth should they not make money from it? Also, I think the moderators and others who contribute sooooooo much time to the site should be compensated somehow.

I haven't visited the site much in the past few months because of the slowness and I would be back a lot more if I could just zip around the gallery for 15 minutes or so at high speed!

Only one suggestion - would it be possible to pay for the membership every six months? $13 just seems so much easier to fork out at once than $25. That's my only suggestion.

Rebecca
And I learn more everyday from this WONDERFUL site!
Kookie Creator

Default I love the gallery

I've never felt it was awfully slow, but I'm always one to "open in a new window" and pop open several windows at a time. They load while I look at one. I close the windows as I go. I don't know, is that extra taxing on the gallery itself? I never thought of that.

My first reaction was to groan, thinking I have to bid farewell to a favorite resource, and something I've literally become addicted to.

I really expected to see many more complaints than I have. After reading the first 2 pages, I have to say.... I agree. Just over $2 a month isn't awful. I don't think I'd want to pay much more, but I can scrape that up (without scratching too hard). I agree that I have learned much more here than I would have in any mags. I love that I can get inspiration for so many sets (though a lot of what I have is retired, because I'm just returning to stamping after a year or two hiatus).

I also agree with what some have said: I fear losing good submissions because some won't want to pay. On the other hand, sometimes there are SO many entries, that I can't even look through them all anyway.

I also wonder what would happen if you get a lot of people joining, beyond your expectations? Will it be a problem to offer a full gallery, etc?

I appreciate the advance warning. I'll have to be sure to sign up before then! (but not before payday!)

Most importantly... Keep up the good work! & like so many others have said, this is a fantastic site, I'm sure you all work very hard & I appreciate that you've given this wonderful resource to the stamping community for so long! You have made a fan-tabulous contribution to stamping as a whole!
Pearl-ExPert

This site has given me so much, from stress-relief at night to creative ideas to stamps sets that I just **HAVE** to buy.

This isn't an easy decision to make, and I don't envy those that have to make it. I know that I have been frustrated lately b/c of the speed of the gallery and so if this is how it needs to be, then so be it.

Here's to a speedy recovery - the sooner the gallery is completely up and running, the better.

Thanks!

Amy
Kookie Creator

Default to pay or not to pay

I am on board with Daven's decision. That is all I have to say about that.
Sassy Shani

Wanna hear something funny? I paid my $$$ the day I signed up for SCS. The funny part is that I have been in the DD gallery maybe 10 times. I paid my membership because I felt that Daven and Tracy deserved it. I would have made a donation regardless of if it was a requirement or not. People always are asking me how in the heck they can run this place. I never had an answer for them. I think that a paid membership is a wonderful idea and I will continue to pay year after year after year!
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up Only to happy to pay

When my friend introduced me to your site I was blown away with what was being offered here!!!! I couldn't believe it. Then when I saw the fan club cost, I decided, what the heck, I will try it for a year...if I don't like it I can not renew...HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotten SO MANY awesome ideas from the fan club that the $24.95 I paid to join was SO WORTH IT!!!!

I 100% support your decision to have a paid gallery. The cost is a great investment and considering what I spend on magazines and idea books, this is a minimal cost.

I know a lot of great talent will be missed because of this change, but who knows, maybe some of those awesome contributors will decide to join the fan club and then give us even more AWESOME ideas.

I can't wait to see what awesome things occur as new changes and updates take place!!!

Keep up the awesome job.
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I received my Fan Club renewal notice last week and have already mailed in my $25, so this decision isn't really affecting my pocketbook until next year. But my guess is that, even then, I'll gladly pay again - I consider it a small amount to pay for all I get in return. The talent on this site is unbelievable, as is the helpfulness and comraderie of my fellla SCSers. And if this solution will speed up the gallery viewing time (which I'm sure it will), that will certainly be a bonus.

I like the idea of providing scholarships for some who can't afford it, esp those who have been steady contributors to the talent pool here.

Thanks for all that you guys do for us, and esp Daven & Tracy who make it all possible.

Linda
Psalm 113:3

Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
Wanna hear something funny? I paid my $$$ the day I signed up for SCS. The funny part is that I have been in the DD gallery maybe 10 times. I paid my membership because I felt that Daven and Tracy deserved it. I would have made a donation regardless of if it was a requirement or not. People always are asking me how in the heck they can run this place. I never had an answer for them. I think that a paid membership is a wonderful idea and I will continue to pay year after year after year!
I did the same thing Shanon! I joined the DD gallery fan club because I wanted to support the site. I haven't even looked at it in 6 months! I just felt like I used this place enough to warrant paying something for support. And, quite honestly, I would have paid more! If you say you cannot afford it, break it up in to monthly payments and put the $2 aside every month.

Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up I am a major procrastinator!

I was going to sign up when I first found this place a few months ago, I was going to sign up especially when part would be donated to the Katrina relief - I kicked myself when I realized it was too late, I was going to sign up so I could get the template for those totally totes!

This is a great kick in the pants to get me to finally do what I have wanted and needed to do all along. This place is great! I know it must have been a hard/scary decision to make for you guys here, but you got to do what you got to do, and I should have signed up months ago!

THanks for all the hard work you put into this place!
Gabfest Goddess

I just paid for my second year, so I'm good with the decision. Now, I'm a bad member because I haven't posted anything...mainly because I haven't really made anything that I was smart enough to make 2 of, or to take a picture before I gave it away. One thing that I've really wanted to do, and I was just thinking today that I need to start doing, is MAKING and POSTING at least one item each week.

I love SCS, for the great group of creative geniuses that make me want to quit my day job and stamp forever, and for the sense of community that I feel when I'm here.

Now I'm off to play with my new Terrific Tag Punch kit! Hopefully I'll be posting some of my creations soon!

Daven - you are THE MAN!!! Sorry Tracy - you just have to share him!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Matboard Maniac

I just said to my husband the other day..."Stampin' subject aside, Splitcoast is the coolest site. You can't get that much information on any other site for free."...Ironic?

I'm a newbie....I joined the Fan Club when they were donating to Red Cross for Katrina, but I am sad that it would not be free to everyone.

However...What's the big whoop if Daven wants to make some money? (If that's even the case) How many of you demo's out there have made money off ideas from this site. I'm not a demo and I pay for this resource. Really $25...not alot. It's about the cost of a stamp set and the info is worth so much more.

I'm in...I won't be able to live without access to the gallery and my weekly challenges.

"Strange women lying in ponds throwing swords is no basis for a system of government" ---Dennis

My Humble Gallery but it's growing
Pearl-ExPert

Cripe!! I was going to try and read all these posts before I replied...but that's impossible! The thread is getting huge!

I think that paying for access is a fine idea! I had to let my Fan Club subscription go just for the same reason others have mentioned - it was getting so slow and with my limited budget I had to decide if my time in waiting for things to load was worth it. I feel guilty because I am not supporting this site like I should while still reaping the benefits. I will definitely renew my subscription. I don't drink coffee, but DH does. So I vow that he will not be going to Starbucks at all until he has paid for my subscription! It's a horrible sacrifice, but someone's got to do it! ;)

I must say that I do like the idea of a trial membership. Get em hooked so they come back for more. There should be some sort of fee for the trial, so people don't just come back and make tons of new usernames and stuff. Or how about a fee for the demo forum/gallery? I know I never use any Yahoogroups or even Stampin' Discuss on the demo site. I get everything I need here for my business and then some.
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thumbs up I say go for it!

I think I've finally read all the comments and haven't seen this mentioned at all -- if you want to upload to the galleries, I think you should pay some sort of fee for it whether it be tiered or bi-annually to be more affordable. Think about it -- you are getting FREE cyberspace to publish YOUR work, art, cards, scrapbook pages, etc. There's absolutely NO photo hosting site that I know of that allows for FREE space.

Having been a Fan Club member since the beginning, I will gladly pay to renew my membership no matter how much it ends up costing (ok, maybe there IS a limit somewhere!) -- just to support this fabulous site! This site made a tremendous difference in my decision to become a SU Demonstrator -- I might not have signed up if it hadn't been for all the wonderful ideas shared here and I think $24.95 is minimal. Although I know it may be more administrative work, I think a bi-annual membership may be more affordable to a lot of folks.

Huge thanks to Daven, Tracy and all the moderators & team members who keep this site running on a daily basis!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8mom
I echo all comments on the time, talent, etc. involved to run this website and think it only fair to receive financial compensation for all the "behind the scenes" stuff that most of us have no clue about. I'm sure the servers and all the space it takes to store the many uploads on this site aren't free! Aye is my vote! Kathy
Me Too! The only reason that I have not yet joined the Fan Club is procrastination. I do not really care about "perks" like the DD gallery. I can spend many, many hours each day just browsing the galleries and forums. I love all the ideas that I get here and am happy to pay for the work involved.

Perhaps the folks who do not like the new plan do not know...
* .. that this site was started as a one person, just sharing some pictures webpage.
* .. that the Stampin Up! company is NOT a sponsor of this site.
* .. what kind of costs were paid out of the pockets of the founders, Daven and Tray, before they began asking for donations to the Fan Club.
And, your current plan indicates that everyone will still be able to look through the galleries, but not via the SU! sets. All cards are in the Member Galleries, so everyone can still access them, just via a different route.
I'm going to the Fan Club page now*******
John 3:16
Pearl-ExPert

Making judgement calls about what we should pay for this site without any realization of the costs involved blows my mind and makes me angry. There is Daven and Tracy who have given up their life for us - then add to them countless other people who help out for FREE - Jenn, Beate, Julie - man the list is soooooo long that to even begin listing all the generous individuals who have given hundreds of hours to make this site what it is blows my mind. Quit analyzing and be glad that this place was even conceptualized! I LOVE this place and the people here who give and give and give and rarely if ever complain!!!

My hope is that Daven can make a $1,000,000 from this idea - then maybe he can even hire people to help him - like they do in the real world. (Hey if you want a job that pays - then you can apply!!!!!) Aren't you glad that Shelley owns SU - she makes money - don't you think?!? I've always said I'm glad that Bill and Melinda Gates were the two people blessed to own Microsoft - they have done sooooo much good in this world with their "Microsoft" money and I believe that Daven and Tracy are these types of individuals. Let's help make this place a place that will last and always be here!!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up

Daven, I will stand by any decision you make because this is YOUR site. I will gladly pay again and again for the services offered here. I hope one day you do make lots of money from this.
Polyshrink Goddess

Yesterday I went out and spent $15 on a stamping magazine with only a little hesitation, and it only gave me 450 ideas - how can anyone not think that $20 or even $25 for a whole 12 months of literally thousands and thousands of ideas is not an unbelieveable deal?!! I am loving my subscription, and would happily pay even more for the incredible inspiration I get from this site.

I think that we have all been so spoilt with having it for so long for free, but I think we are all reasonable people and realize that somwhere someone is paying for the upkeep out of their own pocket, and why shouldn't we each pay a little towards upkeep when we get so much out of it?

I totally support your decision and congratulations on this amazing site!!!
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up SCS is GREAT!

I'd like to add my .02 worth to this. I am here a lot since I am not working.

But I enjoy this site and I do upload my cards and other Creations to share with other. And Yes! to get some feedback on my Creations.

I think Being apart of the SCS Fan club would awesome. I am on a fixed income right now. Because Worksmen Comp. Doesn't pay that great. But! I am willing to pay to be apart of this site.

I think sometimes when we go out to eat..We Spend this much and sometimes even more than that. and the other thing we get from that is an hour of enjoyment for not having to cook or clean.

I think that $24.95 is a Deal for all the entertainment you could want in a website. You don't have to leave your house and go out in the cold winter air or the hot summer sun to enjoy this place.

I say go for it!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

I was given this site address back in March and was immediately addicted. The ideas I get are awesome and to be able to see all different kinds of ideas on specific stamp sets has really helped me in my stamping. I have been a Demo now for 2 months and for the last 30 days have been contemplating becoming a member of the Fan Club. Now I know for sure I will join. I pay this and more for magazine subscription and I get far more from this site than I get from magazines. In fact, I think I get more ideas here than I do on the SU demo site! Sign me up!!!
Pearl-ExPert

Question A quick thought

I am brand spanking new to this site and stumbled on it quite by chance. If I hadn't been able to browse the gallery I wouldn't have known how incredible this place is. Would it be possible to have a trial free membership (like a month) and then ask them to join? After one week I'm ready to sign up and have brought 3 friends into the fold!
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up Pay up!

I've been a paying member since... well a long time. I'll admit I didn't read all the pages of responses, but to those that think Daven and Tracy are doing this to get rich, I think that is a very poor thing to say about these 2 wonderful people who have done nothing but provide us with this wonderful site. My membership is coming up and I'll pay the $25 gladly. The price of membership is small compared to the price of magazine subscriptions or other websites. The value of this site is not just the gallery but the whole package.

This site has given me so many hours of entertainment, thousands of ideas/inspiration and oodles of moral and business support. I honestly do not know where my SU business would be without this awesome site. Probably no where - I would have been floundering.

To all you wonderful ladies who give me inspiration and to everyone who works behind the scenes to keep everything up and running: THANK YOU!

Now where to I re-up!

Banded 12-13-07
Ask me about it! Start 238 Current 138 Goal 125

Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenH
Making judgement calls about what we should pay for this site without any realization of the costs involved blows my mind and makes me angry. There is Daven and Tracy who have given up their life for us - then add to them countless other people who help out for FREE - Jenn, Beate, Julie - man the list is soooooo long that to even begin listing all the generous individuals who have given hundreds of hours to make this site what it is blows my mind. Quit analyzing and be glad that this place was even conceptualized! I LOVE this place and the people here who give and give and give and rarely if ever complain!!!

My hope is that Daven can make a $1,000,000 from this idea - then maybe he can even hire people to help him - like they do in the real world. (Hey if you want a job that pays - then you can apply!!!!!) Aren't you glad that Shelley owns SU - she makes money - don't you think?!? I've always said I'm glad that Bill and Melinda Gates were the two people blessed to own Microsoft - they have done sooooo much good in this world with their "Microsoft" money and I believe that Daven and Tracy are these types of individuals. Let's help make this place a place that will last and always be here!!!

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words so eliquently!! I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments!!

Insane Embellisher

$2 a month? Count me in!

This will first reduce traffic in the gallery to make it work well and quickly, and presumably, the additional funds collected from people who will finally realize how much they really use the gallery (once they are restricted), will encourage capital investments that will continue to help the gallery grow with membership.

I think it is a great idea.

Jen
Matboard Maniac

I have been one of those who comes to the site for ideas but I'm not a paid member, which I will be now. I love it and tell all of my customers to come here for ideas. They have and use it a lot, so for $20 or $25 a year to access everything is maybe one soda from the vending machine a week, if you have soda that cheap. Or give up a candy bar a week, I'm sure everyone has something they buy for 50 cents that they can afford to give up each week so they can access the site. If not, ask for the subscription for Christmas, that will make a nice Christmas gift you can use all year round. And Christmas isn't that far away, if nothing else, give an early Christmas gift. I have used a lot of ideas for cards and usually come to the gallery searching for ideas with a stamp set, then go and make a card. Something that I'm going to do as soon as I finish this post!
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Holy Heck!

Do I need to go open a can of Whoops A**!!?? Or perhaps get the peace pipe going?!!! Just trying to lighten things up!

It's Daven & Tracy's website, and they should do whatever they want. If you have a different opinion from theirs, I suggest you go start up your own website. Oh, and good luck with that!

Daven & Tracy-I support whatever you decide to do with your website!

I think I'll go check out the t-shirt selection in the SCS Store now!

Over and out!
Matboard Maniac

I have been one of those who comes to the site for ideas but I'm not a paid member, which I will be now. I love it and tell all of my customers to come here for ideas. They have and use it a lot, so for $20 or $25 a year to access everything is maybe one soda from the vending machine a week, if you have soda that cheap. Or give up a candy bar a week, I'm sure everyone has something they buy for 50 cents that they can afford to give up each week so they can access the site. If not, ask for the subscription for Christmas, that will make a nice Christmas gift you can use all year round. And Christmas isn't that far away, if nothing else, give an early Christmas gift. I have used a lot of ideas for cards and usually come to the gallery searching for ideas with a stamp set, then go and make a card. Something that I'm going to do as soon as I finish this post! I also decided that the magazines in the stores don't have as many ideas as this website, and this website isn't loaded down with ads. Subscribe here instead of getting a magazine, and you will have your subscription price easily.