Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts
Default SCS shared memories

Just curious........ have you met any SCS members in person? Do you have a fun or funny shared memory together? If not, what SCS member (past or present) would you love to spend an afternoon with and why?

Other than CHA meetups, a couple of fun memories........

I met up with Bridget (bfinlay) in Idaho and we went cherry picking, then stamped together at her parents' house (our parents all live in the same town). It was the week Lydia did her Duoprinting with Chlorophyll tutorial and we did experiments with a bunch of plants from her mom's yard. I still have some of those backgrounds, I think! We also made lots of animal cards with the Paper Smooches dies.

We stopped and met Judy (stampingJAR) for dinner on a furlough one time, and she drove me around her darling town and showed me her park where the unicorns live and all the giraffes in her basement...

And on another furlough or maybe that one, I met Lydia (Understandblue) and Jeanne (JeanneS) and Beverly (TexasGrammy) and we stamped and colored in a hotel lobby (for some reason? why did we do that? none of us were staying there...?)
Vincent Van Gogh

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by dini:
Auntie_mky (12-22-2021), Kendel (12-22-2021), NerdyBeth (12-22-2021), pepperann (12-22-2021), Scrapjanny (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 809 Likes on 530 Posts

I haven't met anyone in person yet but hope to change that in 2022!

I would LOVE to spend an afternoon with:
Barb (barbaralynn)
Jeanette (Forest Ranger)
Ivonne (starpassion6)
Susan (LateBlossom)

I miss Annette (buggainok) so much - we emailed a lot back and forth and I would have loved to have met her before she passed : (

There's a good chance I will finally meet Barb and Jeanette next year and since Ivonne lives in California like I do, we should be able to meet one of these years!

I just reconnected with Susan yesterday here on SCS. I resurrected the "Support for Parents with Autistic Children" thread here after 5 years since my last post. Susan replied and it was good to share an update on how our boys are doing!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by smhtwin:
barbaralynn (12-23-2021), JoBear2 (12-30-2021), Kendel (12-22-2021), pepperann (12-22-2021), UnderstandBlue (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I've met Tina (TeeGeeDee). We've been besties for many years IRL. I've also met a few other SCS members at a shoebox swap years ago, but I can't remember all their names. I had plans to meet a few ladies who live near me, but we haven't been able to do that yet.

I"d like to meet up with Lydia and Dini for a day of stamping and mixed media. I think it would be fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Scrapjanny:
Paula in GA (12-21-2021), smhtwin (12-22-2021), TeeGeeDee (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 07:01 PM   #4  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've known Jeanette (scrapjanny) for many years. She introduced me to papercrafting.

I have met many people from the CNY (Central New York) gathering threads. Notably, Gayle, Linda, Jackie, Judy, Karen, Kari, Meg, Michele, Nancy, Robin, Wendy ... so many talented and kind ladies.

When I attended my first gathering, organized by lindylou AKA Linda, I stayed at snowcountry/ Gayla's house without having met her before. Her neighbor, Wendy, jokingly said she'd keep a light in her window just in case. I said I'd be fine since I used to ride the A train in NYC.

I also met Heidi when she was looking to buy a retired stamp set. I messaged that I'm not selling it but would be happy to meet someplace neutral and she could stamp images. Shd had found a set to buy but we met anyway. It didn't take long for us to meet with the CNY group.

Heidi has since organized several gatherings in Poughkeepsie, so I've met even more SCSers such as MrsWoj (Melissa). We moved to South Carolina a few years ago. Turns out Robin is not too far from me. We haven't crafted together but have net up at craft fairs and had dinner out (together with our husbands).

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by TeeGeeDee:
Auntie_mky (12-22-2021), smhtwin (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 01:50 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

Five years ago I stalked Lydia (Understand Blue) at an SU event to meet her. She's the best.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lutheran:
JoBear2 (12-30-2021), leibetty (12-22-2021), pepperann (12-22-2021), smhtwin (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 02:19 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

I have met so many Splitcoaststampers! Most I know from our CNY gatherings, which I've organized over the last 10-15 years. I've also met many more at Stampin' Up! conventions in various US locations. Such talent!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lindylou1220:
smhtwin (12-23-2021), TeeGeeDee (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Bridget and Di Here both live here, so I have met them, and I have met Anita/Snietje both here and in France. From the US I have met Bobbies Girl, Carol, twice...once on a cruise stopover and the second time we were able to have them here for a meal. Also mamaxsix , philsmom, kokirose, Stamp Muse, and I can't offhand remember Janet's SCS name. I feel I'm leaving someone out but I can't think of anyone else. Ireland is a popular holiday destination ;-).
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
smhtwin (12-23-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 02:52 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
Post I've met...

I have met the famous Darnell from CA when she was in MN. We had lunch, didn't craft but crafting with her is my dream.
I'd love to meet Di and Jo and Gail, all in England.

Reply With Quote Likes
smhtwin (12-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,299 Likes on 2,486 Posts

I have been blessed to meet quite a few ladies from SCS.

First, I had lunch with Lydia--understandblue in Austin when I was there for a conference. We then connected again in the summer of 2019 at Junkie Fest in MN. There were also some SCS ladies there.

I had the pleasure of hosting a gathering at my house in January 2019 and Carol form MN--momcgw, Darlene, then NH, now WA--luvcardmaking, Jeanette from Ill--Forest Ranger, Kelly all the way from Florida--MiamiKel4, (yes in January!) along with Terry-Terry0926 and LJ-Laura Jean, both form Wisconsin. Darlene and Carol have both visited me a few more times before and after that 2019 gathering. Terry and Jeanette also came to a shoebox swap many years ago in South Milwaukee. Terry and LJ also attend a stamp camp that my demo Sarah hosts 3 times a year. I first met Darlene, Gael-mamadwawa and Linda--ljhart many years ago on the East Coast, when Darlene picked me up at a hotel in Providence, RI and drove us to CT to meet Gael and Linda. Imagine getting in a car with someone you have never met before--we sure are trusting!!!! I also met Kadie-kmensley in WA, Judy-JAM123 in AZ and Debbie-djones in Alaska on vacations. Plus, Shelly-mschmidty from Illinois. Met her at Gina K’s store when it was in Greendale and she has also come to stamp camp!

It looks like I have met quite a few SCS ladies. And--I do hope to meet Lorraine-smhtwin--next summer!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 12-23-2021 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
smhtwin (12-28-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Well, I can only claim to meeting 2 other SCS personalities but think it is worth the story ...
Forest Ranger (jeanette) and I had been virtual friends for several years when she began to share her daughter's trauma with a job offer (acceptance too) in "FAR OFF " Kansas........When she shared online that she and said daughter had driven "FOREVER" (not really) to interview and look for housing in Western Kansas---I freaked out and PMed her and point blank asked if they had driven to my town. When the answer was yes,,,,I told her that I also worked for the School district and would be glad to serve as a community support person and help her daughter in any way I could.....I don't know who was more excited when Forest Ranger said she was coming to my town for a visit with daughter (after school had begun and so forth) the daughter or me. So Forest Ranger visited her DD and also came to our local stamp club meeting and that is how we met in real life. To make it even more surreal, when Forest's DD decided to return to graduate school in another state after 3 years in Kansas, my daughter was hired to replace her.

The other SCSer I have met in real life is smaden(Sharon) who lives in the largest city in my state which is only 3 hours from me. I had gotten a line on a "dream" crafters store in said city but posted that I was fuzzy on the directions to locate it as totally unfamiliar with the part of town given. Sharon contacted me and offered to meet up with me at an easy location and then lead me to the store. We had a delightful lunch together and both of us spent some happy dollars in the store before we had to say good by.
There are lots of interesting people I would love to meet in real life on SCS but so far these are the only two that I have had the pleasure of company and talk.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
barbaralynn (12-27-2021)
Old 12-26-2021, 10:34 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 291 Likes on 193 Posts

From my previous SCS life (2004), I met quite a few woman that are no longer active on the site. Not sure I remember all the user names, but I’m sure many of you recognize some of their real names: Julie Ebersole (Julie HRR), Ellen Hutson, Beth Silaika (currently designs for Gina K), Joy Kennedy, Keri Sereika, Britta Ward, Jami Sibley, Jenn Balcer (jbalcer), Heather Nichols (Pinefeather), Beate Johns, Cambria Turnbow, Janine Tinklenberg (JanTink), Lana Lepinski (lunarlana), Sue Decker (scdecker) Debbi Thwaites (QC Betty), Suzanne Henrich (baronsmom), and I think I even met Lori Craig at one point but I’m not sure on that. I also met Navywyf and TexasGrammy - both are still active, though Navy is usually in the demo forums. There are actually quite a few more, but my brain is tired of trying to remember names and my fingers are tired of typing. I have some great memories of getting together with a specific group of these ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by PJBstamper2:
barbaralynn (12-27-2021), jcg (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 02:50 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I would also love to meet Lydia (Understand Blue) in person. I connected with MilwaukeeMommy (Michelle) years ago as I followed her blog & she started following mine as we both love Penny Black stamps. Michelle hasn't made cards for a few years now but we are friends on Facebook & Instagram so we connect there instead but would love to meet her one day. I also miss Annette (buggainok) who asked via Private Messages here on SCS one day if she could email me. Of course, I said yes, and we also emailed alot back and forth & she was the NICEST person who always had the time despite her large family. I would have loved to have met her before she passed away :( Being in Australia makes it impossible to meet anyone - but I have to say that this stamping community is close-knit and I never feel far away. Years ago, I was put down & laughed at at a family luncheon by some snooty friends of the family about scrapbooking & crafting and I was quite devastated and embarrassed. Family told me to laugh it off - but I just wanted to disappear in a hole. I expressed my sorrow here on the Forums and the community here rallied & made me feel whole again. I would love to meet each and every one in person & give them a hug to say 'thank you'.

Last edited by JoBear2; 12-30-2021 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: left word out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2021, 07:16 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

Ah, I have met and I have not made this list because, I am afraid I have forgotten someone and I am getting more forgetful the older I get :oops:
But, I know I have met tessaduck ( Brenda) she lives about 3 1/2 hours north of me, and we spent some time in a garden nursery with a lunch date in a bigger city near where she lives once.
I have met the Author Chautona Havig also, she drove forever to San Diego when we were there for my son's boot graduation.
And I have met Janice "Catcrazy" and Suzanne when were visiting same son in VA a few years ago.
I keep hearing about some road tripping going on in this state ( north of me) for shopping meet ups but, so far the stars have not aligned for it on my end. I am hopeful it will happen sooner or later though.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes