Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #681  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

On the first one, I still got boxes to open or log into dropbox account, but then I saw at the bottom where I could bi-pass that. Worked. Thanks so much. I'm pretty sure that I have a dropbox account. Was going to use it for backup on my computer, but then DS said it wouldn't hold as much as google drive, before they started charging, so we went with google drive instead. But I have no idea what my password is, since I never used it.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 03:25 PM   #682  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,278 Likes on 1,362 Posts

We just got back from a lovely family hike at a local popular hiking trail. The start of the hike is downhill in the shade. We didn't do the entire hike but went far enough in to see a lovely waterfall and it was fun to hike with the whole family.

There was one point where they have a beam that crosses a stream, I told the girls we were all going to be gymnasts on the balance beam so I did an easy gymnastic balance move. I was the only one to do it on our way in but all four of did it on our way back to the car.

Glad you were able to download the files, Melody, thanks for sharing the links.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 05:26 PM   #683  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Wow, Catherine, a waterfall...what a fun hike for all of you! I don't think I'd attempt the balance beam! I'm too much of a klutz!

My daughter was here today and we took the dogs (Lucy, her dog) and our 2 Jenny and Sadie for a hike. With pain meds and antibiotics, Sadie seems a bit better today. Our Vet called and the radiologist determined that there was an infection and abscess in her farthest back tooth which spread into the cavity beneath her eye. So now, we need to make an appt. with a Dental Vet who can surgically remove the tooth and flush out that area! Oh my, but thank goodness it wasn't a tumor! Yay! We are definitely stimulating the Veterinarian businesses! It's great to finally have answers.

My daughter and I made cards today. It was fun to have her here for the day.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #684  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, so glad they determined what it was with Sadie and that it wasn't a tumor. Sorry for all the expenses though. I'm glad you got to make cards with your daughter today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 06:50 PM   #685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Was so windy here today, I did not go outside! The winds bring on the allergies with all that stuff flying in the air!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 07:01 PM   #686  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Hi everyone. Thanks Gracie and Melody for the free digis. It was the heroes one that I was looking for and now I remember where I saw it. It was on this weeks challenge to make a card for heroes lol. I couldn’t find it at whimsy’s site. I will download it later. Thank you

Gracie, glad you have answers and although more expense and pain for Sadie it is a blessing it’s just from a sore tooth.

Thanks for the funnies everyone. I have to brave the shops today. Yuk. Then more scrapping. My mojo is waning....maybe going to the shops will help it lol

On another note, did you see the video about hand sanitiser and it burning...don’t use it near a flame ladies. It’s scary. I will try and post it here. Keep well.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello and it is bedtime- or a little past bedtime LOL

We had a wonderful day, although my allergies are in full bloom!

I made a card using a beautiful nurse digi from Jan's digital images- I have been GDT there for a couple of months, but if you put in the code mentioned it is free thru the end of April. I love it, made a card for the ladies I used to work with in ICU. It is pretty stressfulm but they say the breakrooms are fully stocked with food at all times!!!

My sweet daughter that is here with us arranged a Zoom call tonight for my Birthday with about 1/2 of my siblings (all were invited) and all of the kids and the baby. It was fun. It is a crazy day cuase there are 7 of us, Aunts and cousins, etc..... I am a bird watcher, so hubby bought me a new bird bath. We had one with a bubbler, and while we were out of town in October, it froze and it broke : ( I am anxious for the arrival of the hummingbirds and the baltimore Orioles. The last couple of years, the Orioles have stayed pretty much all summer. I also got another Oriole feeder.

Neck is improved enought that I was able to finish 10 masks yesterday for donation and I made a card today! For our C challenge.

Gracie- that is great that your pup does not have a tumor! Hope surgery is the answer and sadie heals quickly! When do you head back home?

Jayne- no- I did not see a video of hand sanitizer burning...it does have rubbing alcohol or ethyl alcohol in it.....

Ann- windy here today as well! My eyes and nose are just running.....

Catherine- your hike sounds wonderful! and scenic! We did a hike tonight around a Hidden Lake, and had Katies dog with us, and saw 2 prettybig pup Coyotes. They went across the path and did not bother the dog, he is bigger- 70 Lb ish, but still made me nervous!

Waving hello to all- off to bed!!!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #688  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Gracie I’m so pleased to hear the news that it isn’t a tumour, what a relief.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 01:07 AM   #689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Jan, glad you found the alpha thread...welcome...you are going to love the ladies on here and the challenges our dear Ann sets for us. Ann, Jan is currently in isolation in Spain and some of us know her from the S2S thread and suggested she join the ABC challenges.

I managed to download the Whimsy and MFT freebies. I went through my Google account and dowloaded Dropbox. I also had an account Melody but had forgotten my pw. I'm hoping to scrap some pages about this crazy time in due course.

We braved the shops..phew, glad to be home now although it wasn't too bad. Some didn't practice social distancing but as our figures are now down to 5 each day and all from cruise ships or overseas travellers we think we are pretty safe here in our little island and bubble. We shall just keep doing what we are told. I received a parcel I had ordered and the sent address was in Vegas...I was more worried about opening the parcel I have to say but that's now done and hands washed thoroughly. It was my scribble sticks that were supposed to have arrived last week. Not sure when I will get to play with them.

No craft today. I had another online catchup....2 actually...yesterday, one with family in the UK which was fun. We intend to do every Saturday and play games. Me with my wine and them with their coffee LOL. I also had another online chat with some friends from another thread and who I keep in touch with via WhatsApp. DH came on and said hello...I must get him to do that with you ladies next time. He says I'm becoming a social butterfly LOL.

Shelly, the video was on FB.  Basically the lady did a test and put the hand sanitiser on a plate, lit it and there was no flame showing.  She then put a piece of paper towards the sanitiser and it started burning with flames.  Scary.  I knew it had alcohol in it but didn't know it was that flammable.  Makes you wonder whether you need to wash your hands after it if you intend to use a gas stove..eek.

Have a fun day...jigsaw time but first I have to comment on at least 2 of you ladies cards...my goal is to finish all commenting by next weekend LOL.
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-19-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 02:01 AM   #690  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Phew...caught up on the ABC challenge cards...now VSN to do. Gosh I think I need a nap/drink and dinner LOL...tomorrow is another day. Have fun
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 02:11 AM   #691  
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent you a PM Jayne, sounds like you’ve had a busy day too, well if FaceTime calls etc are our new busy.
Our eldest son phoned with GS in the afternoon and then Last night our youngest son phoned, our eldest GS who is eleven phones us every other day to check on us! Ha,ha,
I sent him a recipe for scones and he sent me a photo this morning, he had made then, with strawberry jam and squirty cream as we call it, we usually have clotted cream with them but I think it’s only sold in the UK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 02:16 AM   #692  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine you sound like our DIL in San Francisco, she takes the boys out every day after They have finished their schoolwork for a hike. They live on the hills overlooking the beach so they can get on to the trails easily without seeing anyone.
They did ten miles the other day and didn’t see one person, which is good.
We aren’t allowed out only to shop so I would so enjoy a long walk in the fresh air, it gets quite boring just walking around the garden after five weeks, even checking the tomatoe seedlings seems exciting nowadays, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 04:55 AM   #693  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Good morning! Jan, glad you are joining us!

I am having my first cup of tea, and not quite awake. Ann, I hope your son pain has subsided. Poor guy, having to go through that.

About FaceTime and zoom, and live YouTube or live Facebook; there are so many, I end up missing some! I missed a Zoom demo teaching by our local craft shop yesterday. I forgot! And every day at three m-f in April, Alice Boll does a live scrap. I usually forget until 3:45! LOL

Katherine, your hike sounds so fun! You sound very athletic, also! I just walk around our little addition, and the church parking lot , which is huge parking lot. No water falls or Obstacles to get over. Yesterday, there was so much wind, I cut my walk short.

Gracie , I am glad you finally know what is wrong with Sadie, and got and getting help for her.
I can not remember everything I read. Just pray you all are doing well. Breakfast , then church online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #694  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, Alpha sisters, and welcome, Jan, to our our fun and chatty group!

I’m so glad Sadie’s illness is tooth-related and not a tumor, although I wouldn’t wish tooth pain on anyone. Goodness knows there is enough going on now with several dear sons!

Several groups of protesters stomped all over Indiana Governor Holcomb’s property complaining about businesses being closed and not opening tomorrow like first predicted. How many had gloves and/or masks on? Very few. Social distancing? Nope, all grouped together. Oxymorons? Yes! No new cases for 14 days before Indiana starts opening again is what was said on the news. And so far, we haven’t reached our peak yet.

Nice but windy here yesterday, and all the snow we received overnight melted by afternoon. DH worked on replacing another basement window. Did I mention he also went to the grocery store?

And I puttered on the back porch and began cleaning up from winter’s storing of outdoor furniture. I’ve moved things around (DH said imagine that!). None of the windows fit tight so everything is dirty, but that’s part of the fun of getting the she-shed ready.

Although DH did pop in occasionally to leave his opinion, lol. (What are you going to use in that corner when your stepmom is ready to take her set back?). (Now, dear, those chairs are not 6 feet apart!)
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-7a4ae18f-a400-414c-9034-e6c8695b5a8f.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-c46b9f72-9426-4fb4-b34c-d201883308b9.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last edited by Kemernow; 04-19-2020 at 05:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #695  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, Sunshine!

Welcome, Jan!

And,for those who missed it, yesterday was Shelly's birthday! Happy birthday, Shelly.

Kandie, I think DH said that there was a protest scheduled in Madison yesterday about the extension of the ban. People are furious, especially because our governor announced it just before the national mandate was scheduled to come out, and the national was less restrictive. We're hoping he'll back down under pressure. Otherwise, I think there are many who will totally ignore it.

We're picking up lunch today. Ordered on line yesterday, and they wouldn't take a credit card unless it was same day order, so DH will have to go in to get our order. I think he's expecting me to go in, but I'm going to protest. He wants us to take my car, since it's only been driven once since social distancing began. I never go anywhere. I'm not sure why he thinks he needs me along. Maybe he thinks I need to get out of the house, but I'm perfectly OK being my introvert self and staying home.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:57 AM   #696  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Good morning! Just popping in to check on you all. I need to finish
assembling this crocheted dachshund. It is mostly black and I am not
enjoying it at all. Working with black make the stitches harder to see. I
will share a photo when I'm done.

Welcome, Jan.
Happy belated birthday, Shelly!
Gracie,
I'm so glad that Sadie doesn't have a tumor. Reggie had a tooth get
infected as well. They caught it before it got as bad as Sadie's. Poor
girl give her pets for me. Sorry about the hit to your finances though.
Jayne and Catherine, thanks for the love on my cards!
Kandie your porch looks beautiful, as always. I wish I could sit and visit with you there.
I'm
not sure what else I've missed. I need to catch up on card comments
later but for now I should stop procrastinating. Have a wonderful day.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy belated birthday Shelly! Sorry I missed that! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

I'm so out of a regular routine and with everything going on with Sadie...It seems like with More Time...I have Less Brain. LOL

Kandie, I'm with Annette, I'd love to come sit in your beautiful porch or on that lovely deck! I see green grass...Yay! Enjoy your sunshine!

Jan, glad you joined our chatty group of friends. It sure is a blessing during this quarantine to be able to hear what's going on in other parts of the world. It sure would be hard on me if we couldn't get out and walk every day. I love that your 11 year old GS keeps checking on you and that he made scones from your recipe! How sweet.

It sounds like most of us are becoming "tech savvy" so we can talk to relatives and friends. Who would have thought?

So sorry that so many of you have allergies. I understand what you're going through as DH suffers from them, also. We should have stock in tissues. He looks like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with watery eyes! Poor guy. I hope all the pollen goes away soon so everyone can enjoy the outdoors again.

I'm starting to forget what I read, so a big hug and hello to Jayne, Catherine, Melody, Sharon, Ann and anyone else checking in today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 08:22 AM   #698  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Good evening all.

Happy belated birthday Shelly! It sounds you had a wonderful time.

Welcome Jan.

I worked every day in my garden the last week. We need rain, but no rain next week.

Corona news:

We should continue to stay home until May.

Gracie I hope sadie is feeling better soon.

I wish everyone who is sick or suffers from allergies an early improvement.

Greetings to you all, by for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #699  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening Dagmar! Glad you checked in! Working in the garden sounds wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!!

Jan, so nice you are joining us!! Welcome!! Glad to see you here!!

Shelly, your birthday is the 18th? I have it on the Alpha listing as the 28th. Need to correct it.

Jan and Anne would you like to be listed on the Alpha crew list? It's a list that goes out to our group with your address and birthday. Anyone that wants to send cards does so, not required. If you wish I can add your email too. Just pm me what you would like to do, if you want to be listed.

No barfing today from, Athena, only upset stomach. Poor doggie always something with that one. Iris, her sister, can eat anything and would if you let her and it doesn't seem to bother her.

Kandie, that white table and two chair set is so pretty!! How do you keep it looking so wonderfully white?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 11:37 AM   #701  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So while DH is out on his run this morning, he texted a picture of a couple of birds and asked what kind they are. My daughter immediately answers back, 'sky rats'. I start laughing. They are sea gulls. Since he's lived in the greater Milwaukee area his entire life, I'm quite surprised he didn't know what they were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #702  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Oh, Shelly! My card for you has sit on the table to be mailed out for weeks! I didn’t want to mail it til closer to your bday, which I thought was the 30th! Ok, it will go out tomorrow. Happy Belated birthday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 12:29 PM   #703  
Proud Fan Club Member

Taking a quick break from acorns, dead leaves and dust to browse on Pinterest for a few, and I came across these two fun ideas for youngsters to do while being at home. No instructions, but they look pretty simple. Ann, something to do with Jack and Theresa online?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-12230157-528e-46b0-bde8-647ba6ff6ea1.jpeg   Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-1f3f4e19-a6d6-4a0d-ba64-f05be9a6a73e.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 01:44 PM   #704  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A lazy day here, DH and I got up and did a quick walk around our loop. It is quite a workout since there is such an elevation change going around. 

I failed to mention that there were a LOT of other hikers yesterday too. People were careful about leaving distance between groups though. It is hard to go anywhere in California where there aren't other people.
My youngest is busy making pretzels from scratch again. She does a great job. Yesterday, after our hike, she made potato salad - two kinds, one for her and I, the other for our vegan family members.

I'm glad your neck is doing so much better, Shelly! That is wonderful.

Jayne, it sounds like you are becoming a pro at digital connections. That's great. Was your shopping trip successful? Hope so!

Welcome to the Alphabet Challenge, Jan! My girls are in their late teens so a family hike is an unusual thing as it isn't their favorite thing to do. We were just thankful to have them along and it was lovely, the waterfall was so pretty and the beautiful wildflowers. 

Sharon, I've been drinking English Breakfast tea today. And I made coffee for my barista daughter. She doesn't make French press coffee which is what we have to make coffee here, so I make it for her.

Kandie, your two photos are so lovely. I'm with Annette and Gracie, it would be lovely to sit there and visit with you!

Oh no, Shelly! I thought your birthday was April 28th so I haven't mailed your card yet! Happy birthday, belated!

Melody, I left the house yesterday for that lovely hike. Today DH wanted me to go to Home Depot with him to pick out and purchase a new faucet for our kitchen sink. The one there is not working well and is annoying ALL of us! I didn't want to go so I looked online and picked out the one I want. He and DD1 headed in to purchase it. Poor guy, he is the one who has been stuck at home the longest.

I look forward to seeing the photos, Annette, and I agree with you about working with black. it is definitely harder to see.

Gracie, I hope Sadie is doing better today.

Hi Dagmar! Is your garden a flower garden or food garden? Or both?
Those are cute craft ideas, Kandie!

Here are a couple of views of the waterfall - and our girls.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-qcjiukottnmtiq3h74c9ng_thumb_aff.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-05fck916q623vfbe-w2keq_thumb_b02.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-i1gdprtasi-idutadyhixw_thumb_b04.jpg  

Last edited by cdimick; 04-19-2020 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good evening all!

Ann, poor Athena. It would be awful to always have an upset stomach!

Kandie, what cute kid projects!

Melody, love it...sky rats! LOL

Catherine, wonderful photos of the waterfall and your daughters! Yum, you get pretzels again! I'm jealous. Sadie seems to be doing better with antibiotics and pain meds. It was a beautiful day today. I made one card while hubby worked outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #706  
Proud Fan Club Member

My DB in Arizona had a motorcycle accident, dirt bike, not his Harley this time. He’s in surgery for a broken leg, and will have another surgery in a while for his arm and wrist. He’s broken many bones riding motorcycles. He’s a machinist, and still working, so not good news for his job. He usually heals pretty quick, but he’s not so young anymore, 62 years ornery, a forever teenager. His poor wife. If you think of it, please add him into prayers, and I would be so appreciative. Thanks, friends.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #707  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Weird! I just came in from weeding outside so thought I'd see what was happening here. I don't know what happened to the spacing of my last post...SCS gremlins?

DH finished installing the new kitchen faucet....he is fabulous! And then he joined me weeding in the front yard. We both think we need to do something else with that yard. There are several areas that have rock instead of lawn - which would be fine except that the weeds overgrow that area! And neither of us are particularly enthusiastic yard maintainers. Our poor neighbors having to look at that!

Yay that Sadie seems to be doing better today, Gracie, praying that continues. And yes, I am lucky to get more pretzels. This batch turned out even better than the first batch. I started my C card before I went out to weed.

I will definitely add your brother to my prayers, Kandie. I like that - 62 years ornery. Poor him and poor wife!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #708  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

There, I just went back in and fixed the spacing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #709  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, so sorry to hear that about your brother...some kids never grow up! His poor wife. I send up a prayer for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Sheeeeelllllyyyyyy even though I’m late and thought it was the 28th so I thought I was early...Happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray it was Shelly’s day. If you have received my card it says not to open until 28/4/2020...you can open it lol. I hope you had a wonderful day. Today is DIL2’s birthday. I think she is having a party for 2 with son2.

Kandie I love the white furniture...my sort of thing. Sorry to hear about your brother..boys will be boys. Hope he’s going ok.

Now I’ve forgotten who else posted and said what lol. Catherine, nice photos of your hike. 

Catherine, shopping wasn’t too bad but still risky. The only consolation for us (DH went with me today) is that our numbers are now single digit and not community spread.  I still washed my hands a lot and sanitised lol.  The biggest concern I had today was receiving my Amazon parcel from Vegas..eek.  That went straight into the bin and more hand washing even though I know the virus only lives for 12 hours on cardboard..so they think.

Gosh a lot of people are going out and protesting and not practicing social distancing in the States from what we see on the box....eek...hope they haven’t counted their chooks before they hatch. We only had 1 case yesterday and are still to stay home for another month but we are going into our flu season. Today we are going for our flu shots. Our schools will reopen next week but parents can choose whether to send their kids or not. 

Hi Gracie, Sharon, Ann, Melody, Annette, Anne, Jan and anyone else I’ve missed. Miss Shirl. Hope that she’s going ok.

Happy day
get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-19-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 PM   #711  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all! Sweet dreams!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 07:25 PM   #712  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Goodnight, Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kathy..hope you are going ok. Night all.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 09:33 PM   #714  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning Ladies, thank you for the lovely welcome, you’ve all been busy while I’ve been sleeping, seems you are all on the opposite timeline to me!

At last we have blue skies, it’s been on off rain for the whole lockdown, so it’s so good to see.

I will PM my birthday to be added to the list, thank you for inviting me to join, at the moment we have been told not to post anything non urgent but I am going across for the mail this morning, we have only been once in five weeks, we have a box in the PO, it’s our GSs 4th birthday on 29th so I am going to see if I can send his card, it’s bad enough he won’t get his party, the first one and it’s had to be cancelled.

We were just saying we haven’t had a cup of coffee in five weeks! We only drink coffee when we are out, the spanish make I think it’s more like latte, they call it cafe con Leche, coffee with milk , we love the flower of Jamaica coffee and the cafe where we go half way through our walk sells it in big mugs, it’s delicious , it’s put us off drinking any other type so indoors we only drink breakfast tea. I think it will be a long time before we will feel safe to even drink coffee out let alone food.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #715  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan you should come to our cafe...I have a latte every day courtesy of DH LOL. It's as good as they make out. I only like coffee with milk. I learnt today that a card I mailed 2 weeks ago locally only got there today...gosh that's a long long time. I mailed others overseas too so I guess some may get there for the May/June birthdays LOL. Have a fun day
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2020, 12:21 AM   #716  
Stazon Splitcoast

Have you got a coffee machine Jayne? We haven’t as our kitchen isn’t big enough for too many gadgets, just a cafeteria I think they are called, our sons use it when they come as they both drink strong coffee, our Polish DIL puts a teaspoon of coffee grounds in a cup with boiling water! If she is just making herself a coffee, yuk, she calls it Polish style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2020, 03:57 AM   #717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, yep... We bought a slim one that doesn’t take up much room on our bench..an Italian brand. It’s awesome. We use beans and just press a button for latte, cappuccino, etc...I don’t like coffee in a pot with water and milk added. I was so happy when we went to the UK and found they had started making lattes in cafes. In Europe I always have to ask for coffee with milk lol. In the States I couldn’t find it so drank tea lol. DH will drink any type as long as it’s strong.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2020, 04:26 AM   #718  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone. Talking about coffee, I can’t do dairy well, it bothers my digestion, so I drink almond milk, and DH buys me the most delicious vanilla almond creamer for my coffee! And I love mocha lattes when we are out, chilled and hot. Yum!

Jan, why is the post there on lockdown, so to speak? Is the post office trying to keep from having too many mail carriers out in public right now?

My poor back porch she-shed looks so lonely. All the wicker I had lovingly arranged inside with pillows and pretty little lapghans last year is now outside on the small deck, and the wood furniture that was on the deck is now on the front porch. No plants out yet, the nurseries are still closed. We have had robins and cardinals sitting on the front porch bannister looking for the Boston ferns we usually have out by now; they make their nests in the middle of the hanging plants! And then I get these evil bird stares when I try to water the plants, lol.

We usually have estate sale projects ready to repurpose stored on the back porch. Not this year! No sales!

I’m expecting DH to ask me shortly if I need anything from the store!

And here is a question I ponder daily...
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 13 April 1, 2020 thru Sept. 23, 2020-146be550-4f81-495a-8f36-6f88d8b25cb2.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2020, 04:30 AM   #719  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, my spacing is doing the same thing. I do the paragraphs when typing my post, but when I hit Post Quick Reply, it’s all one huge paragraph. I haven’t seen those bracket symbols < and > since I had a web page and would embed code in my page.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2020, 04:42 AM   #720  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Po hasn’t been in lockdown exactly but they told us not to post unnecessary mail, I think to save postal workers as in the towns they do have mail deliveries, we have to pay for a mail box.
They have relaxed the lockdown so more can work this last two weeks so I thought I would ask, she just said yes when I asked, I don’t think much mail is coming though though, only local. Funny that the bank are still sending statements, they send one every single time we draw money out for pay for something by card so you can imagine how many we normally get. Also the electric company have sent their bill, even though they said they wasn’t going to, mind you ours is paid by direct debit so maybe that’s why we had one.
Reply With Quote Likes