Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #2881  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

So sorry to hear that both of you are sick Ann and babysitting on top of that! Hope you feel better quickly!

Hugs and healthy wishes to Sis, too! My goodness...such a year! :(

Kathy, very pretty little desk calendars!

I've been working on an easel card Teapot challenge and doing laundry all day. We are going to neighbors house at 8 pm. for a small celebration. All of us are wondering how long we'll last! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2019, 04:47 PM   #2882  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Keep your eyes open for the tutorial tomorrow! If you know someone who is sick, and really it sounds like we all do, the tutorial is very timely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2019, 04:54 PM   #2883  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I removed my pictures and my screen is still weird....so it must not be my post that made it weird.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-img_20191231_161443748.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-img_20191231_161328450.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:41 AM   #2884  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Happy New Year, friends!!! I flipped over to a new calendar and could only say, wow, where did 2019 go?

Catherine, I look forward to seeing a photo of your new lights. How do you like them so far?

Ann, you are WORN OUT. Time to REST from everything you do. And Kathy, today’s tutorial definitely fits in to the cold and flu season! That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it in my email this morning!

Little Sis, prayers for better health to you and Ann both. And I’m so sorry to hear about your MIL’s passing.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 04:10 AM   #2885  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Kathy, my screen shrunk yesterday as well, so it wasn’t you. Must have been a glitch on the website.

We watched non-stop football yesterday. I felt so bad, sore throat and coughing, that I napped on and off during all of them. Except during halftime, which bores DH to pieces, then he said Watch whatever you want, and I switched to Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime to find quick shows before having to switch back to the second half of the games, lol.

The news just stated that today is National Hangover Day.

Well, DH sure can’t blame me for the latest project on his To-Do list. During one early game half-time he switched over to DIY and watched a house being renovated. A farmhouse-style ceiling fan with light was being hung in the living room and I admired it, and he said check the local home improvement stores for one similar. The next thing I knew, he was handing me his credit card to order one, so he can’t blame ME for this project, lol!

Cold here today, 26 and clear. All told, we received 3 inches of snow. I hope that amount was sufficient for all those shoppers who emptied the shelves at the grocery stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-df676777-266c-418d-bed8-56783bb053c0.jpeg   Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-3fc77cb9-fd94-465f-8e02-3aca656cbd9f.jpeg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 05:46 AM   #2886  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

OK it is hard to push buttons to get on here but once I am on here I can use the microphone feature. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. I am having surgery tomorrow the second at noon. The doctor said it’s a three hour surgery and they will put a plate in each wrist. It seems I broke my wrist really good nobody’s ever seen it like that the surgeon said it’s the worst He has ever seen.

So I didn’t look back at any chatter to catch up or anything. Just wanted to let you know what was going on. Right now I can’t really do anything my dear husband is doing everything. I’m afraid he is going to get worn out.

So I miss you all one night I had a dream about stamping. I think Kathy had us all at tables telling us how to make some kind of boxes. Laugh out loud! So I will let you know how the surgery went when I can when I’m able.

Oh be new year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 05:47 AM   #2887  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2020!
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 06:06 AM   #2888  
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy New Year! So wonderful to finally hear from Sharon! Sharon, I totally understand about the plates. Same thing happened to mom! She broke both wrists, however, she broke them three months apart. Mom attributes the easy breaks to osteoporosis and also she was on Nexium. They say if you take that bones break easier. At least that's what she was told. I will keep you in prayer that surgery will go well and you will heal fast.

Last edited by muscrat; 01-01-2020 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 07:40 AM   #2889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy New Year All! Hope it's a much healthier one for everyone!

Sharon, it was so great to hear from you. I just can't imagine having 2 broken wrists! What a struggle everything must be! Lucky you have husband who can help you. I'll be thinking of you and praying the surgery goes well! Big Hugs!

Kandie, oh boy, a new ceiling fan. Can't wait to see the pictures. Love all your decorating.

Kathy you said your mom took "Medium"...what's that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #2890  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Happy New Year to all! I am so sorry that I have not been on lately. It has been a crazy busy time for me. December and January are the craziest months around here for holidays and birthdays, we have 5 birthdays our wedding annivesary and Christmas and new years all within 3 weeks. I was also fortunate to have our local libraries ask me to teach 3 separate card classes for Christmas this year. I had many people attend so I made some extra spending money.

Sharon - I hope you recover quickly. I can't imagine having to go through that! My prayers are with you.

Thanks to Shirl, Karen and Ann for the beautiful Christmas cards.

I need to get into preparing for our local art show so I will start creating some new book folding patterns.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #2891  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Happy New Year to everyone!

Sharon and Annette, so great to hear from you both. Sharon will be praying for you for your surgery tomorrow. Actually been praying for you ever since I heard about your wrists!
Annette, we do have something in common besides cardmaking......we have our anniversary on Dec. 1st....then birthdays as well, same as you. Congrats on the cardmaking classes you gave!

Kandie thanks for the funnies!

We had a nice time last night with two other couples here at our place. I did suffer with acid reflux all night though, but thankfully I feel fine today.
And after a lot of rain, we woke up to sunny blue skies this morning. My first thing to do will be to get out there for a walk before the rain comes back tonight, which they are saying it will. But that is hard to believe, cause it looks so nice out there at the moment!

Happy Day to all!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #2892  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,278 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Happy New Year, everyone! We had a lovely evening at home with just the four of us. DD1 worked 10-6 yesterday so she wasn't interested in going anywhere. DH didn't get very far yesterday on the kitchen light project, of course, no one was at home to help him so he had to figure out ways to do it by himself...which he did. But, he had a headache so he didn't get as far as he wanted. I thought he wasn't back to his paid job until Monday but learned he is going back tomorrow.

So Kandie, he plans to put the main kitchen light up today but he'll take it down again when he has more time because the texturing still needs to happen. I can do pics but it will still be a work in progress.

He said if he was a contractor, he would need to pull permits for this work but homeowners do not.

Sharon, so good to hear from you. You are in my prayers and will continue to be.

Goodness, so many of us are dealing with health issues. You are all in my prayers!

Annette, good to hear from you too! I thought December was busy enough with Christmas and you have anniversaries and birthdays added in there too.

Shirl, enjoy your walk before the rain returns!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #2893  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry about the typo! I typed Nexium, but my tablet turned it into medium!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #2894  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Thanks Kathy

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Linda here's some good information to help you.

4 Ways to Paint Mason Jars - wikiHow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #2895  
Proud Fan Club Member

What a day! I just took Tylenol for a gigantic headache! I finally finished those calendars, but what a chore! Remember way back when I said I would never start a project unless I had everything I need to complete it? I should have remembered that, but I didn't think it would be so darned hard finding binder rings that opened and i ended up buying gold key rings. My calendar pages were too thick to pry open the key rings, so poor DH strained hand muscles to cut part of the ring away and then he had to squeeze them together again!

Next, I wanted to finish today's tutorial so I needed to buy cup o soup and and a small pack of tissues and one individual square roll of halls cough drops. No cup o soup at Walmart, dollar tree or dollar general. I did find some at my local grocery store but they only had cream of chicken! That will do. Couldn't find single packs of tissues so I had to buy an 8 pack! And the halls....no single packs at Walmart or dollar general or my local grocery store, but DH suggested Turkey Hill (convenience/gas station). Yay. They had them on the counter right as you go in! I bought cherry because I knew they wouldn't go to waste since my family likes those. However, they were smaller than the ones in the tutorial!!! So I put some glue dots to hold them in place and still used them! Thus, the project is finished and thus the need for the Tylenol!!! LOL

And before you say it, Melody, yes. I know I didn't HAVE to buy what she used. But I liked those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 01:30 PM   #2896  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, ladies, remember after Christmas when DH went to the cabin and I said he took his candy with him? I found out today it was here all along! That stinker hid it in his dresser drawer! Since I didn't have to do laundry for him while he was gone, I never found it! He did share some with me, but he left for the cabin again. Hmmm...I wonder if he took it or hid it again? LOL. I'll go look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #2897  
Proud Fan Club Member

Still talking to myself here! LOL

I'm glad the president is working on elimating robot calls but next on my wishlist is Spam! I get nearly 200 in my spam folder each day. Some are very very x-rated. I don't open them, but just the subject lines can be very vulgar. I really wish I knew how they got my email. I also get some from people who think I'm stupid. They say if I want to stop getting the emails I should "click here" to unsubscribe! I Do NOT click because I know that once they realize its a valid email address, I will be bombarded even more! Never unsubscribe from a site that you didn't subscribe to in the first place!

Last edited by muscrat; 01-01-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #2898  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,

Did you have you cherries car deal year? I didn't get any. And I have with drawls Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #2899  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Linda! I had six bags or more! And I ate them all myself! Now they are gone until next Christmas! Boo hoo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #2900  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is too funny about your DH's candy, Kathy! That made me laugh. He really does know you...as he should by now!

I finally went through a box of books that DD1 was getting rid of to make room for the books she is purchasing. Right now her dad is assembling the bookcase that is to be the bridge for her bookcase headboard. Except that we decided to sit it on top of the two side pieces instead of cutting it down to be an actual bridge. More room for books, don't you know?! I am looking forward to seeing it up on top to see how it looks.

He also taped and mudded the hole in the kitchen ceiling where the old light was recessed but the mud is drying so the light hasn't been installed just yet. And yes, he'll pull it down again in order to texture the ceiling later when he has more time. I think he'll be glad to get back to work so he can rest up from all of these projects!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #2901  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kathy! Sorry you were talking to yourself! LOL I was playing Mahjong all afternoon. I think that's funny that DH hid his candy! Were you and Linda talking about chocolate covered cherries?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #2902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI Catherine, we posted at same time. Your DH sounds so much like mine. Always busy with one project or another. Can't wait to see photos of daughter's bed, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #2903  
Stazon Splitcoast

No they by Hershey's, Kiesses! And want some I didn't get any this year!
Hershey's, Holiday Kisses Milk Chocolate Filled with Cherry Cordial Creme, 10 Oz. - Walmart.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Hi Kathy! Sorry you were talking to yourself! LOL I was playing Mahjong all afternoon. I think that's funny that DH hid his candy! Were you and Linda talking about chocolate covered cherries?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:32 PM   #2904  
Stazon Splitcoast

No they by Hershey's, Kiesses! And want some I didn't get any this year!
Hershey's, Holiday Kisses Milk Chocolate Filled with Cherry Cordial Creme, 10 Oz. - Walmart.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #2905  
Proud Fan Club Member

Its the cherry cordial kisses I talked about before! Linda likes them almost as much as I do and I always get the first bag of the season! But this season she didn't get any! My only hope is that my demo friend will share some on Saturday at card class. I know she still has some. Her willpower is much better than mine! Let's face it, everyone's willpower is better than mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #2906  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Quick hello before we head out today. Thinking of Sharon...hope your surgery goes well and heal quickly dear friend. Hugs.

Also hope Ann is feeling better today.

Hi Annette...I received your card..a big thank you and a lovely surprise.

Hugs everyone. Who doesn’t like hugs lol
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #2907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hapy New Year to all!!!

We are packing tonight and heading home tomorrow. I fly from here, hubby and DD1 will drive all of the way, and DD2 will drive with them from here to Denver- about 4 1/2 hours- except it is snowing in the mountains around Vail, so that can slow them down a bot. Visiting always goes too quickly! We hiked at the Colorado National Monument today, about 10 minutes from here. There is about 3" of snow on the ground- the book cliffs and the rock are just stunning!

This baby is like no other- so happy and does not scream or cry- just fusses a little. Very smiley. My first were twins, so I cannot comprehend just one....LOL My DIL is very organized and does so well- such a great Mom!

Thinking of all of you in this New Year!
Prayers for Sharon and her surgery tomorrow!

Ann- prayers for you and hubby to get wekk ASAP!

Catherine- your hubby sure gets alot done! How awesome! Glad you had a nice time with your family for New Year!

Shirl- your celebrations sounds lovely!

Dagmar- hope you are feeling better soon as well!

Gracie- hoping you are

Kandie- feel better- sweet pic of your pup! Loved your shopping pics, especially...just here for milk..and $125 later! And, it occurred to me, when I arrive home, I do not think I have a 2020 calendar yet!

Kathy- love your calendars!!! Wow! I have to go check out the tutorial for today!

Vicki- hoping you feel better ASAP!

Waving hello to everyone else!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #2908  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just going to bed, but just found out there will be more SAB coming on March 3rd. Remember Kathy, when we were wondering about it? It is stated on page 2 of the SAB brochure.

Safe travels Shelly!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 12:05 AM   #2909  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 944 Likes on 336 Posts

Good Morning!

Ann, I hope you and your DH get better from day to day.

Sharon , I'm thinking of you, wish you all the best with the surgery.

Vicky hope you feel better. I'm sorry about about your MIL's passing.

Shirl, have a good walk.

Save travels Shelly.

Kandie, I hope you and your DH feel better from day to day.

I wish you all the best for the new Year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #2910  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly safe travels for you and for your DH and daughters driving. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit. The baby sounds like a dream! I love babies. I could sit and hold them all day!

Good evening Jayne or perhaps you're sleeping.

Shirl what's a SAB?

Good afternoon or evening Dagmar. I hope you're feeling better.

Pretty quiet on Chat today! Hello to all and hoping everyone gets well quickly!

Sharon hoping your surgery goes well and you heal quickly! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #2911  
Proud Fan Club Member

SAB is sale-a-bration. Its a special time at Stampin Up where you can earn freebies when you spend $50 or more. The new mini catalog starts tomorrow and so does SAB. The mini runs from January 3 to June 2 but SAB Only runs from Jan. 3-March 31.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 07:45 AM   #2912  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kathy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 08:23 AM   #2913  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Sunny this morning and I'm headed to work. DD1 had the early shift and DH is headed back to work today...so he can rest up! LOL

DD2 is still a lady of leisure and has a social gathering with a group of friends today (and I am loving it!). It looks like it might actually be a good thing that her best friend moved away, not that she would ever say that.

Thinking of Sharon and her surgery today, praying it all goes well.

So many on this thread are dealing with health concerns, praying for all of you. I'd better finish getting ready for work and head out. Talk to you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #2914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Afternoon and I just got out of bed!

Called the doctors office to see if they would give me an antibiotic. They didn't when I was in on Monday! It now feels like someone punched me in the face! You got it sinus infection and the drainage is yellow from my nose! Yuck! I hurt!

My doctor actually is calling in a prescription. His nurse thought I would have to come back in since he did not see me on Monday! Was nice enough to do so!

Will catch up on the chatter when I feel better! For now hugs to all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #2915  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Ann, I am so happy you did not have to go in again, just to get the RX. Hope you feel better soon!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #2916  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So sorry to hear that Ann! Sinus infections are miserable! Glad you can get a prescription without going in again! My new Dr. doesn't believe that antibiotics are good for sinus infections...oh boy...may have to find another Dr. Hugs and feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #2917  
Proud Fan Club Member

My doctor won't prescribe antibiotics until you've been sick a while. He says he's concerned about overuse and resistance to them then. But if I go in and then a week later I'm still sick and call again he will prescribe them then at that time without another visit. Unless it's something at the very beginning that he knows will need an antibiotic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #2918  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie we got your Christmas card today. I love continuing to get happy mail after Christmas, so I hope you were not stressed out about it. Love the trees, truck and deer scene and of course all the snowy glitter, lol.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 03:23 PM   #2919  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I'm glad you finally got your card! Thanks for letting me know! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #2920  
Proud Fan Club Member

Now I'm wondering if I let everyone know their card arrived??? If I missed anyone let me know! They were all lovely! I think I'm doing birthdays only this year and then one Christmas card to post for all. Its easier to keep track of birthdays since they are spread out over the whole year.
Reply With Quote Likes