Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #841  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

They are probably already out of stock on generators, Ann. DH stopped on his way home to get a flashlight for me because I always use my cell phone flashlight and won't want to do that with a potential extended power outage, and there wasn't much left available to purchase.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 PM   #842  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Do you have power bricks for your phones, Catherine? If not it is something you should think about getting too if this is going to be the norm for the power company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 06:36 PM   #843  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Etekcity 4 Pack LED Lantern Camping Portable Flashlights with AA Batteries& Fire Starters, Upgraded Magnetic Base and Dimmer Button- Collapsible Survival Lights for Emergency, Hurricane, Storm, Outage

I got these for us for power outages and for the grandkids.

Even gave them as gifts last Christmas to family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #844  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I don't know what power bricks are, Ann. Those lanterns look great, we have one Coleman lantern that DH just brought home D cell batteries for.

It looks like it is a definite that we will be losing power, now the question is for how long. Thankfully, it looks like power will not be affected at work so I can take a shower there and do my hair, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #845  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Power bricks - a power supply for an electronic device which is similar in size, shape, and weight of a brick, which plugs into the device via a cord, and to the mains supply by another cord.

I have two of them, especially for traveling.

USB C Portable Charger RAVPower 26800mAh Dual Input Port Battery Pack (5V/3A Type-C Port) External Phone Charger for Iphone 11/Pro/Max, iPad, Galaxy and 2019 MacBook (Black)

Sorry can not get the link to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 07:30 PM   #846  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!! Sweet dreams and Catherine, I hope you found the lizard!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #847  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Happy Wednesday and hello everyone...sorry I've been MIA...it's crazy here at present and with school holidays too as we are seeing more of the poppets..yay. We have been so busy doing jobs and still heaps to do but small steps.

Thanks re your wishes about my headache. It's a mild one but just seems to be there all the time...I think it may be coming from my neck or is my BP so I'm monitoring that daily as it's slightly high. Always something. Do not like getting older.

I haven't been to golf this week as we've been busy and had the car serviced and the other one has now gone with son3...which is in my name. I am transferring the car to him today. Hubby is deciding whether to get another car but for now we are trialling using one between us. It can be tricky on days like today when he's out at golf but we are managing. We can't justify the $50K+ spend on a car that will sit in the garage most days. He wants to buy a new one and trade mine in. I do not want to drive a big car.

No craft for me at present and today I have a list long of paperwork that needs to be done and I have promised hubby I will get onto it...so I'd better hop off this site LOL.

Catherine I hope that your power is restored. Lizards are supposed to be good luck LOL...I don't like them and we sometimes get small little skinks in the house but they find their way back out once they know there's nothing to eat LOL.

I know I've missed a lot of chat and sorry I can't comment. Once our jobs are out of the way I will be back but will pop on now and again to say hi.

Take care everyone and happy day. Hugs
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 04:42 AM   #848  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Ann, how do you feel today after a night of recovering from your chiro appointment? And yay on your hubby bringing home the sleep apnea machine! Here’s hoping the noise decreases considerably!

Shirl, I also am no fan of microfiber. I bought a lovely set for our bedroom. While the pillow cases stayed cool and comfy at night, the sheets kept slipping off the corners of the bed, especially at the top. DH is a heavy turner in that he drags his body when he rolls over, so at the top of the mattress the fitted sheet kept pulling loose. I finally donated them to Goodwill and went back to the old-fashioned sheets.

Sharon, a story-writing class! How fun!!!

Kathy, I just loved the dogs and bears hugging with their heads!

Catherine, I see on this morning’s news your power will definitely be shut off. We have to call our friends in Red Bluff and see about them. Do you have a car charger to keep your phones powered? I’m so glad your job has the availability of showers but what a pain this week will be! Wish we could send you energy!

Ann, I opened one of the windows yesterday and let out a yelp. There was a huge daddy-long-legs on the screen! And we are getting those monster garden spiders that are so ugly, weaving webs from the roof to trees or the truck or the porch bannister, and I go out the door with either a broom or waving my arms like windmills. YUCK I hate those creatures!

Jayne, I feel for you with those continuing headaches. I have eliminated afternoon naps and drink water as soon as I get up to help with dehydration. I also drink grape juice, which is supposed to help instantly with migraine pain. Can you try some grape juice and see if you get any relief?

Good morning to everyone!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 06:03 AM   #849  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Half my night was snoring free, till spouse got a sore neck from the machine and took it off then the snoring was full force!! Just can't win! So I'm tired today!!

Catherine, so wish there was another answer for the fires out by you! No power is horrible!

Hi Kandie, so glad you are feeling better with the no naps, it does make sense that if you sleep too look it ruins your evening rest.

Yes, the spiders are making webs from the house to the outside furniture or down to the patio and trying to get in the house! Found some in our windows too so I'm wiping them out every chance I get!

Have a good day everyone! Have to feed the dogs and get moving here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #850  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello everyone, just sent out the updated crew list! Let me know if you find any errors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #851  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! A quick check in from work as yes, we are completely without power at home. I brought all my charging cables to charge up while at work and am not inclined to head home since I have power here and not there. DD2 is at her house sitting job without power but they have a gas grill so she at least has cooking capabilities.

As for the lizard, DH thinks Wesley got it, I have no idea. As far as I know, it is lurking somewhere in the house! I haven't mentioned it to DD1 because she would just worry about it. She has her first day at her new job today and is working until 8:45 pm. Her store is open until midnight, I might be inclined to simply stay there after I got off work since they have power!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #852  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yuck I recall them days we got hit by hurricanes Iniki and Ewa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #853  
Stazon Splitcoast

Even when someone hits a telephone pole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #854  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

So, as I understand it, the power outage is to help with wildfires? I'm not sure I get that. If you explained it before, I missed it. But I'm happy you have power at work. How long will your power be off? A week? I don't mind power outages in the warm weather, but I hate them in the winter because we run the chance of frozen water pipes if there's no heat in the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #855  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Catherine, I am so sorry this power outage thing is happening.

Kathy, I had to ask my dh to explain this and here it is: There are high winds forecasted and if the trees or a tree falls onto a transmission line, it could start a fire. If the power is off though and a tree falls on the transmission line, it would not start a fire if the power is off. Does that make sense?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #856  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, so sorry to hear about your power! That just is awful! And all your food in the frig!

When my kids were young they three times pulled the plug on our large freezer in the basement! At that time it was pulled out from the wall so they could easily get behind it! Throwing stuff no doubt!! Well we lost everything in the freezer all three times!

And with five kids it was a big blow to our pocket books!!

Hoping this does not last too long for you, Catherine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #857  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow that's just crazy !!! Can't stop Forrest fires those are set by campers etc.
So my understanding of this is that the state of California or where your at are on overload as in to much demand on the power source and they think doing this will prevent it? That's just crazy because of the cost people pay for the electric ... goes to show advance isn't always the best lol I was raised on kerosene lanterns and to supply the kerosene we had to live and resources off the ocean. Taking what we caught or picked from the ocean to market to trade or buy kerosene. Lol this generation can't live without their electronic technology lol back then there wasn't generators or batteries lol gosh the world has come a long way only to leave you all back into the cave man days Sis Catherine. So sorry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #858  
Stazon Splitcoast

Our refrigerator was a one of those big round tubs or anything that could hold a block of ice which was covered with a potato sack to keep it longer. Through the day and night till we go to market again
I am proud tho to have been less fortunate back when I was growing up. It taught me to be resourceful, respectful and appreciative.:0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #859  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now days to many take things for granted
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 05:49 PM   #860  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sis you may need to get a generator or igloo coolers and ice ....gosh we didn't even have coolers back then. How the world has evolved
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #861  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Oh wow! Lots of chat to catch up on! I'll have to go back and read everyone's as I just skimmed through quickly.

Catherine, I feel your pain with losing your power! 5 days was enough for me this summer. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Ann, I actually got a foam pillow to use with my CPAP machine. I took a scissors and cut out part of the center area so I could sleep on my side and the mask wouldn't push into my face. It's hard to describe. Your DH may have to experiment with different pillows to find what works for him.

I'm helping paint a wildlife mural for Payson. Of course, I'm painting squirrels! LOL It is a corrugated metal wall (which makes it a bit challenging) 8 feet by 37 yards long. We are painting on it for the next 4 days, so I'm going to be tired out and may not get to craft much this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #862  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Time to say goodnight!! I am stiff and sore from the other chiropractor! So is my son!!

Plus I have baking to do for a party so grocery shopping yuck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #863  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Ann! Hope you wake feeling better tomorrow! Tell your DH to stick with his machine, he'll figure out how to make it work for him...it just takes time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #864  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, hope you can at least get a small generator to keep your refrigerator going. We had my brother's that week when our power was out, which kept our refrigerator and freezer working. Hugs and prayers that it won't be out for long.

Jayne, hope things slow down for you! Sounds like your accomplishing a lot and getting to spend some time with the poppets! YAY

Well, I'm going to bed shortly too, my old bones are tired from standing and painting all day! Have a good evening all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #865  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, thanks for the explanation! I just saw there are a million customers without power. It seems extreme measures to take but seeing that movie about wildfires makes me think its a good thing in the long run. I know thats easy for me to say since I have power, but I will pray it will be over soon and power restored.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:24 PM   #866  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, how fun is that! I'm sure they wouldn't want my help painting murals since I can't draw stick figures! Maybe I could bring my stamps! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #867  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie your squirrel looks amazing!

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 10-09-2019 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #868  
Proud Fan Club Member

He may have waited patiently for the first one, but he wasn't waiting for the second! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #869  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Shirl!

Kathy, that would have to be a really HUGE stamp! LOL Cute pitbull video!

So sad about all the people without power! That's a lot of people. There were about 1,000 without power when we lost power this summer! I can't imagine what it'd be like with a million people without power! Oh my, sending prayers their way! Poor Catherine and family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #870  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hilarious! They all look like they are having heart attacks at the end! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #871  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Too funny Kathy! I love how their heads flop all over the place when they're running!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #872  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hilarious dinos, Kathy! Thanks!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2019, 10:28 PM   #873  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ha I just watched the pit bull one. Too cute!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 12:25 AM   #874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Thursday everyone. Ann I hope that you managed to get some sleep and that your hubby has found a solution to sleep well with his machine. Catherine, I hope that power is restored soon for you. I think they wash our power lines so that fires aren't caused and probably cut down branches and some trees close to them. I know that fires have been caused here due to power lines. People over East in NSW are battling bush fires and some have lost everything. It's too early for bush fires...summer hasn't even started yet...eek.

Gracie, great drawing/painting on the fence. We have fences like those here.

I took a break from chores today and ended up going to golf. So glad I did. I also went a walk yesterday around our estate for 50 mins to see if exercise will help my high BP. Today my readings are better...yay. Hopefully the diet and more exercise is helping....and maybe me being less stressed :rolleyes:....I do bring on a lot myself. I'm such a worry wart/control freak.

Just thought I'd pop on and say hi to everyone....hubby wants to go through more paperwork...gosh how much more can there be LOL.

Enjoy your day everyone.....I can't wait to get on top of all the jobs and back to craft.

Take care everyone
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 01:05 AM   #875  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
He may have waited patiently for the first one, but he wasn't waiting for the second! LOL

Aww this reminds me of our furbabies they all know to sit when they want a treat!! Everytime I eat or any of is eating something the will come cuddle close as possible and sit patiently lol with their puppy dog pout and eyes lol Skye will even lick her lips lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 04:16 AM   #876  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello, ladies, how is everyone today? DH and I are stiff and sore from our painting yesterday, six hours straight. I have to finish the narrow sides of the door trims with a tiny brush today, and then switch to the blue and do touch ups. DH hand-sanded the next wall section and then put on two coats of primer. Today the blue goes on, and I’m so excited to see how it looks. Probably we’ll be too pooped to enjoy it, lol. But we are sleeping very well!

Ann, I hope your DH can find a comfortable position to wear that machine. Good advice from our ladies who have them.

I haven’t gone for my test yet, I want to see if I can stop the headaches and fatigue on my own. It’s hard to tell this week, though, because of the erratic weather. Lows in the 40s going to highs of 70, but the wind has been high and chilly. And Friday, oh boy, dipping into the 30s and highs of only 40s. Such goofy weather.

Speaking of weather, Ann, do you have snow headed your way? We saw the winter storm on the news last night.

Catherine, we also saw your power outage should end Friday morning. Is that what you are being told?

Gracie, your squirrel painting is outstanding! What is the purpose for the painting?

Kathy, that dog and the ice cream truck is so sweet! And we saw the dinosaur race on the news. It made me laugh out loud, lol.

Hi Jayne, glad you got in some crafting early and then was able to get in some golf!

Thanks for the nice comments on my cards! I’m trying to catch up on letters between 10 and 11 while DH watches Let’s Make a Deal, lol. I do my chores before that, make the bed, straighten up the kitchen and get ready for the day. At 11 the tv goes off and the painting begins!!!

Good morning to everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 04:32 AM   #877  
Proud Fan Club Member

Cute ad from Reece’s!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 12 Sept. 11,2019 - March 18, 2020 CHAT-6f893117-fdfb-4287-8b47-90d91278f2d5.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 04:33 AM   #878  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Quote [Speaking of weather, Ann, do you have snow headed your way? We saw the winter storm on the news last night.]

Kandie, you said a bad word! Go to timeout!

Good morning everyone. Double class today, which means ladies get here at 10 and we might be done by 3, but probably later. I picked up a tall (but not too tall) stool to park my tush on when I get tired of standing. Will see how that works out.

Have a great day.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies

Last edited by lacyquilter; 10-10-2019 at 06:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 06:10 AM   #879  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning ladies...Kandie, I forgot to say I will look out for some grape juice. Fortunately my headache has been good today...plus my body is down...yay. I wish I could craft...no such luck lol.

Have a fun day everyone. Nite..this end.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2019, 06:41 AM   #880  
Proud Fan Club Member

How much and how often are you supposed to drink the grape juice for migraines? I thought I'd have DH give it a try.
Reply With Quote Likes