Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #1361  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Sorry, only just getting to the PC and I'm done with posting links from my phone that probably won't work :-(. I've even been finding some old links that give me the same error message, which is discouraging.

The TLC is "stamp your own wreath" using Dina's tutorial from Falliday Fest last October. And there are some gorgeous wreaths in the gallery.

TLC735 ~ Stamp Your Own Wreath ~ {03/25/2019} - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #1362  

Received 299 Likes on 213 Posts

What a great challenge, Sabrina. I made myself a template before the "great art space makeover" took over my life. I have no idea where I put it! :( Anyway, I really want to try this so I hope I can soon. Still in crazy makeover mode. Things are everywhere!

So who has created their own wreath using a template and floral stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2019, 01:49 AM   #1363  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Being the last Monday of the month, the Teapot Tuesday destination is each other (but of course people can make a card inspired by Sonja's pot and theme just for their own stash).
Remember that we always love to get nominations for tea parties for the other three weeks each month if you know anybody who would enjoy the pick-me-up of a card shower and some happy mail.

MMTPT557 ~ March 26, 2019 ~ What A Surprise! - Splitcoaststampers

I really struggled with my card for this. I think the problem is I really wanted to do a twisted pop-up card but couldn't come up with a theme for it. When I switched to using an image inspired by the teapot for the front of my card I was sorted, the inside surprise was easy.

I hope you don't have too much of a paint smell from all that cabinet work, Angie. One thing guaranteed to give me a stinker of a headache!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #1364  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's so late in the day that I don't know if it's even worth posting this link - but I wasn't going to try from my phone earlier. I know how frustrating I am finding dud links myself, not going to inflict them on others except where I have to...
Anyway here's today's sketch: Sketch Challenge 742 {03/27/19} - Splitcoaststampers

All those strips look like great fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2019, 09:08 PM   #1365  

Thanks so much, Sabrina! That is a really cool sketch!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 PM   #1366  

WT733 - Brad and Eyelet challenge! Well, I did NOT purge my brads in the great art space makeover. I alphabetized them and put them in a new cabinet drawer. I have a LOT. Not sure I will get the chance to play but I sure wish I could!

So do you have brads or Eyelets?
Can you think of a favorite project you have created with a brad or eyelet?

I actually like the projects I made this past summer in a collaboration with The Project Bin and Eyelet Outlet. One of my favorite projects though was probably when I was a fairly new stamper. I bought some brads that look like screws. I created a peg board card and hung tools on it and gave it to our Mr. Fix it neighbor. He was so tickled!

Your turn!

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 03-27-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #1367  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I like using eyelets on car wheels or on boat images, and on tags. I love the big fancy decorative brads but am more impacted by the costly postage than I used to be, so I'm loathe to use them. Who remembers the old SU designer brads -I loved those!

They're always great on tags and tabs, and I use a good few on totes and bags.

Here's one of my favourite cards, which could be done without them but definitely looks better with them: CCEE1310 Eyes on Christmas

I definitely used more of them way back. Here are two old cards which I like but it would fun to give them a remake and see how they'd turn out with 11 more years experience (and shopping) under my belt!

WT161 Summer is coming

Circle-punched Thanks, Seeing Spots
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #1368  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,739 Likes on 1,857 Posts

Sabrina, I would love to see what you do those those cards if you remake them. They are lovely,even for several years old. I like the eyelets around the flower.

I still have eyelets and brads. I use the brads more than the eyelets, but sometimes use the eyelets. I have a WRMK eyelet setter tool. I was asking for a Corner Chomper, but my husband didn't take good notes, so he didn't remember. He brought me home the eyelet tool and a lot of new eyelets. I prefer using the tool rather than the hammer. I have two hammers for setting the eyelets.

I had a card pretty much complete, then pulled it away from the back and added 3 eyelets to it. It did add something. Lately I would have added sequins or rhinestones before eyelets. Here is the card: Daisy Wreath by lovinpaper - at Splitcoaststampers
Featured Stamper #671
Love sending BRAK cards.
Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Virtual Stamp Night April 19 - 20 Come Join in the Fun Here

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #1369  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

That's funny, I'd say I use eyelets more than brads! The Crop-a-Dile is certainly great - but I have some teeny tiny ones that I still need to use the smallest of my Fiskars springy setters for. I know I used them on something not all that long ago, but I can't think what.

Came across this one where I used eyelets as a design feature rather than just an embellishment - MIX206 Birds of a Feather It's my favourite layered gesso background technique, too .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 01:33 PM   #1370  

yep! The whole cost of mailing cards has caused me to give up on clips, brads, and ribbons! Although I will break them out once in a while!

Sabrina your cards are gorgeous! Even the older ones! I do love the one with the gold though. You made eyelets look like a must-have embellishment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2019, 01:35 PM   #1371  

Lisa, I left a comment on your card! Love it! I love that you took it apart and added the brads! I like the added dimension!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #1372  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

OOPS I forgot to move today's MIX challenge when I woke up - it's there now

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2019, 06:46 AM   #1373  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

And the F4A is all about your favourite TV show: F4A475...My Favorite TV Show...3/29/2019 - Splitcoaststampers

I definitely don't have time for a gel plate session, but I'm trying something with texture paste and Brushos for Lydia's challenge and we'll see how it goes. I quite like how it looks, just have to think what to put on it once it dries.

No TV here, and I grew up without one too, I was about 14 when my older half-brother bought the first one we had in the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2019, 06:59 AM   #1374  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Although I've purged most of my eyelets, I still hung on to a few basic metallics. My grandkids love to sit and set them the old fashioned way with a hammer - I just give them paper and a dish of eyelets and they pound away!
My favorite way to use brads is on tags or to attach vellum layers. I do still have a bunch of the old SU fancy brads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2019, 10:21 PM   #1375  

Good Morning! The Inspiration Challenge is up and so am I but I am about to change the last one!

The site is so cute! I especially love the children's blankets!!! So cute!

Which magical theme do you prefer to create:

Princess, Unicorns, Mermaids, fairies or something else magical?

It would be a toss-up between fairies and princesses for me but I have never inked up the unicorn before so I decided to make a fun card with the unicorn! I love the rainbow sunburst bg! Here's mine: A Myth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2019, 02:23 AM   #1376  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I hope you get a good night's sleep, Angie.

I think I'm more into whimsy than magical. I'm still looking for my dream dragon stamp. Fairies and unicorns don't really speak to me. I like some mermaids, but only have two stamps, one very old and a more recent one from Unity.

Today is going to be more a play-day for me in my craft room. I also want to make two more of the floral tag cards I made for the paper bead challenge. I'd printed an address label to send that one to a friend in Northern Ireland, and then I wrote a letter and mailed it off to someone in the States. But I still want to send that verse to Hilary, so I'm going to make another couple. Maybe without the beads, they bumped the thickness up to need the next band of postage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2019, 02:32 AM   #1377  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 664 Likes on 418 Posts

hmmm, I am willing to color just about anything so, the thing with anything magical is you know you can give your mermaid blue hair or your fairy blue skin and no one bats an eye.. and that appeals to me some days. So, I actually do not have any Unicorn stamps and have really been enjoying seeing the new styles come out lately esp. the ones where a face takes up a whole A2 sized card front styles.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2019, 05:07 AM   #1378  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Hmm, I'll be hard pressed to come up with something magical. I have never purchased a unicorn, fairy or mermaid image. I guess I'll just enjoy everyone's creations for this challenge. I have a bunch of thank you notes to make that I've been putting off so I'll make those today as I have a couple of free hours before heading to my parents' home to continue the work of cleaning it out. Slow and emotionally draining work...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2019, 05:29 AM   #1379  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjzimView Post
Hmm, I'll be hard pressed to come up with something magical. I have never purchased a unicorn, fairy or mermaid image. I guess I'll just enjoy everyone's creations for this challenge. I have a bunch of thank you notes to make that I've been putting off so I'll make those today as I have a couple of free hours before heading to my parents' home to continue the work of cleaning it out. Slow and emotionally draining work...

There's plenty on the IC site that isn't magical - there was a rocket theme that Pun Fun would work with.

Yes, it's very hard doing that sort of clear-out. I hope you have someone with you helping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2019, 05:37 AM   #1380  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

I don't have anything magical except the myths and magic glimmer paper from SU, and that isn't really magical, just glittery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2019, 03:01 AM   #1381  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Today's Featured Stamper is proudarmymomof2: FS634 {03/31/19} - proudarmymomof2 by Ardyth at Splitcoaststampers

I'm so proud of myself that I actually followed through on a recent card I favourited and made a card with the same fold yesterday. I only save a few cards because often it's because of a technique or trick that I want to remember, or just because the card really speaks to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2019, 01:47 PM   #1382  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
hmmm, I am willing to color just about anything so, the thing with anything magical is you know you can give your mermaid blue hair or your fairy blue skin and no one bats an eye.. and that appeals to me some days. So, I actually do not have any Unicorn stamps and have really been enjoying seeing the new styles come out lately esp. the ones where a face takes up a whole A2 sized card front styles.

I LOVE the large face stamps that are currently a bit trendy. I have a bunny and adore it! It's just so fun and easy to create with. It takes up most of an A2 so they are quick and easy and these days I am REALLY into quick! PLus they are just plain CUTE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2019, 01:59 PM   #1383  

OOOPPSSS!!!

So sorry! Didn't mean to mislead anyone. We try to have a variety of items for the Inspiration Challenge. I should have worded my question differently.

I noticed how cute the little kid's blankets were which is what sparked my question but there was plenty of inspiration both in colors and theme.
Nothing magical required! I just thought it would be fun to see what type of "magical" cards everyone likes to make.

Thanks, Sabrina for linking the FS challenge! Sweet gallery. I am about to make a card for it!

Did anyone get the chance to create this weekend?

I have been happily creating with dies!!! I have a bunch of new ones which I will share tomorrow! I have had soooo much fun!!!

What is your favorite kind of dies?

Words,
flowers,
cover-a-card
character dies (like building cute animals)
scenes

Stitched dies or plain?

I am pretty fond of them all. I have never had character dies but I do now and I had a blast creating animals!!
I love flowers, stitched flowers are my fave!!!
I also love rectangle dies that have stitching or some interesting shape

how about you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #1384  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

The CAS challenge is up
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #1385  

Thanks, Misti, I hope to play in the humorous challenge! It will certainly be a fun gallery to peruse so I encourage everyone to stop by the challenge even if you can't play along. We can never laugh enough!!!

Sabrina is up with the TLC736 challenge and she's challenging us to acrylic block stamp. I love that technique, I hope I can play along.

Any Fan Club members here? The new Fan Club Christmas challenge is up! My sample didn't turn out so I am back to the drawing board on that this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2019, 06:18 AM   #1386  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I think I like leaf and flower dies the best. Some of the coverplate ones look gorgeous, but they're all designed in American sizes and don't work with metric cards so that saves me from looking at them.

I do love the Eline's collectibles from Marianne, but it takes time to piece them all together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2019, 07:45 AM   #1387  

Sabrina, I have never seen Eline's Collectibles! I googled them, they are cute! I have never had animal building dies until this past week. They are so much fun to use. I felt a little like I was putting together a puzzle but a super easy one with the added bonus of being able to die cut a missing piece!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 AM   #1388  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

OOh I have a few stamps that will work for this months prompt ( DD Christmas theme)

I have been totally slacking in the Christmas cards dept. this year. (and that is funny because, I usually make more of them when its cold outside and save them)

I did steal some time to play last weekend but, weekends are usually better for me to have that free time to create.

I have a much larger collection of dies than I used to two years ago and I think quite a few of my critters were totally influenced by Kittie's magic with them. So, I was totally impressed that Polly had pulled off a gorgeous scene with them last weekend. for me the coloring of the dies to give them the depth is where they grab me by my debit card usually.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:07 AM   #1389  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

totally totally :mrgreen:
(I need more coffee) the Color Combo is really pretty this week perfect for Spring cards.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:09 AM   #1390  

It's Tuesday and that means two challenges are up!

The color challenge makes me think SPRING!

The Teapot Challenge is Red, White and Blue!

Both of today's challenges make me think of a specific time of year which sparks my question today. Do you have a favorite season or holiday card theme? Do you have a time of year that you create less often and why?

I really do love Christmas and winter cards. They are my favorite. I don't know why but I think I make the prettiest winter cards. Maybe I love the colors of winter cards. Not sure but I am very happy creating them.

I think I am an all-season stamper! I really don't have a season when I create less. How about you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:11 AM   #1391  

Ha! Stacy, we are posting at the same time and you pretty much answered my question! We are on the same wavelength today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #1392  

If anyone is curious about Polly's card that Stacy mentioned in post #1388, here it is: Bunny Neighborhood. It's really cute!! Thanks, Stacy for mentioning it or I would have missed it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:26 AM   #1393  

Oops! Sorry! Here is the Teapot Challengeagain!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 06:49 AM   #1394  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 364 Likes on 266 Posts

Thanks for the shout out Stacy and Angie! I really did have fun making that card a la Kittie. I wanted to get more use out of those bunny dies I bought a while back so this was the opportunity. Obviously I don't have the multitude of dies that she has but I was able to do a pretty good job with what I had. I think the coloring of the animals really brings those cards to life. I don't know that I'll be doing tons more of that style...they are labor intensive but now and then, fun to create. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #1395  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Polly's card was cute - I spotted it on the gallery front page some time after she uploaded it. Colouring those small dies takes skill! I usually settle for some loose sponging. And no matter how hard I try, I still have difficulty knowing how to shade the IO seabirds.

I think I make cards pretty steadily all year, unless sick. In the summer it's sometimes too hot up here, that would be the main difficulty.

I enjoy creating Christmas cards but more and more I want to send ones which celebrate the true meaning of Christmas - which is hard because then I can't use my large snowman collection - and I LOVE snowmen. I enjoy making birthday cards too. Other holidays, I don't really do...maybe one or two each at Easter and St. Patrick's Day, an occasional Thanksgiving one for a pen-friend and that's it.

I like making autumn/fall cards. My first April card upload this year(because I had made the TLC samples and my card for Recil last week) is an autumn leaf one. It's lovely to see all the green coming out after winter, but on cards autumn leaves are much prettier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #1396  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I was just gifted those Bunny dies by Dina! I just cut them to make a card. Polly, your card is super cute!

I wis I had the budget to get every die I see Kitty use. She makes the most amazing die cards. Her die collection is to die for I’m sure!

My house has been a hot mess! We came home from vacation in PA and I started the round of flu first, then my husband had it. Then Friday our daughter ended up having emergency eye surgery for a retinal tear. And we have 2 more weeks and my husband starts his new job. It will be nice to get back to a normal routine. It’s been a stressful few months.

The CAS challenge is a fun one this week!

Off to check out what I’ve missed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2019, 03:34 AM   #1397  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Here's today's sketch - it looks lovely. I've made quite a few cards with strips like that. But this afternoon I have the dentist...

Sketch Challenge 743 {4/03/19)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2019, 05:39 AM   #1398  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Here's today's sketch - it looks lovely. I've made quite a few cards with strips like that. But this afternoon I have the dentist...

Sketch Challenge 743 {4/03/19)

Sabrina, I'd rather go to the dentist! I have mammogram and gyn appt! I hope to play later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #1399  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Oh, I like that sketch.

you know that image of that bear from hmmm the stampabilities kinda like the housemouse series with bears and its sitting at a desk and the papers are piled up to his eyeballs?
yeah, that is what my week has looked like so far so, knowing that I want to use him for the CAS but, so far that has not been time to steal for that.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2019, 06:13 AM   #1400  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Kathy, I have a lovely dentist so I don't ever mind going but I sometimes don't feel up to much afterwards. And today was an hour in the chair, just heading home now. Good luck with your appointments.
Reply With Quote Likes