Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

TITLE: Beach Bum
HOSTESS: Tammie (Tammie E)
KEYWORD: JUN13VSNO
DAY/DATE: Saturday, June 8
TIME: 9:00pm EST

What kind of Dog Days of Summer would it be without, well...a photo of a dog enjoying the summer!?! My challenge, BEACH BUM, is an easy one...create a project using the photo (below) as inspiration. Interpret it any way you like; be it colors, shapes, subject matter...whatever inspires you! I only ask you to please share your creative process with us. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

View the gallery for this challenge HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON May 6th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNO when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!! A special thanks to my sample makers: Sabrina, Susan and Ann!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BEACH BUM wm.jpg (64.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNOc22_by_Cook22.jpg (61.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg VSN13JUN_028_by_Cards_are_me.jpg (175.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNO_annsforte3_Stay_Cool_Dog_by_annsforte3.jpg (100.2 KB, 8 views)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts
Default Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

Title: Summer Toys
Hostess: Scraperwannabe (Misti)
Keyword: JUN
/Date: JUN13VSNB
Date: Friday, June 7
Time: 6:00 PM EST

Remember all of the fun summer toys you used to play with?! Pinwheels, bubbles, kites, playing on the swing, baseball in the yard, riding your bike, decorating the sidewalk with chalk, watching hot air balloons, cloud gazing???? My challenge for you is to create a project with one of those fun summer toys you used to use.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON June 10th.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNB , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg summertoysvsn.JPG (145.8 KB, 10 views)
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Title: Summer Splash
Hostess: Jeanne, Jeanne S
Keyword: JUN13VSNC
Day/Date: Friday, June 7th
Time: 7:00pm EST

Ready for some Summer Splashing!

My challenge is to make a card with splashes (splatters) of paint
that has been thinned with water, ink refills or premade ink sprays in a summer theme.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday June 10.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shellibrate.jpg (71.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Sour You Jeanne_Streiff.jpg (57.8 KB, 9 views)

Title: Pretty Popsicles
Hostess: Vicki-Summerthyme64
Keyword: JUN13VSNJ
Day/Date: Saturday June 8th
Time: 4 p.m.

So excited to be a first time Hostess for This Dog Day's VSN!!!!

One of my favourite Summer time Treats is a cool, sweet popsicle! Not only are they tasty, but I LOVE the Vibrant colours!!

I challenge you to use a combination of three popsicle colours in your summer themed creation.....

Pink (Cherry)
Lime (Lemon Lime)
Orange (Orange)
Yellow (Banana)
Purple (Grape)

feel free to add a neutral or two (Black & White are fabulous with these vibrant colours)

[LEFT]You can view the Gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. We have a special gallery for the Dogs Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Title: It's a mirage!
Hostess: Understandblue (Lydia )
Keyword: JUN
/Date: JUN13VSNP
Date: Saturday, June 8
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Here in Texas, it gets pretty darn hot. Africa hot. Hotter than a two dollar pistol.

All summer long, it's so hot that everywhere you go, you see mirages on the streets and sidewalks, and I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid.

My challenge tonight is a mirage challenge. I want you to create a mirage inside a stamped image.

The way you do this is to stamp an image, and then use the no line coloring method to create a softer, more painterly version of the image that you will layer on top of it.

Here is a tutorial on the no line coloring method: Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

Here's the video I did for my sample for you tonight. You can use either the no line coloring method or use a lightbox for your sample, or you can color with markers directly on a stamp and then mist it with water for your mirage - or you can freestyle it! Just create a mirage!

This challenge was inspired by one of my favorite artists on Splitcoast - Lee Ann Barrett, aka whippetgirl.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Title: Who let the dogs out
Hostess: Simplybeautiful (Ceal)
Keyword: JUN13VSNL
Day/Date: Saturday, June 8
Time: 6:00 pm EST

This is my first time to host a VSN challenge and I am so excited!
With our theme being Dog Days of Summer and me being a dog lover I thought how can I incorporate a dog? this is what I came up with... A spelling challenge
My challenge to you is to use the letters DOG in your card or project! You can use any supply, color or technique, let your imagination go wild!! Please be sure to include what you used in your description!
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:

D - Die cut, Damask, Denim, Distress
O - Oval, Orange, Ocean, Ombre
G - Glitter, Grommet, Green, Gesso

You can view the gallery HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. We have a special gallery for the Dogs Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNL when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!

My Sample
D- Dog, Distress Ink, Die
O - Oval, Orange
G- Green, Grass, Grey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNLW.JPG (97.3 KB, 5 views)
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Exclamation Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

All of the challenges will be added here as they go live.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Title: Surprise!
Hostess: Scraperwannabe, Misti
Keyword: JUN13VSNLee
Day/Date: Friday, June 7, 2013
Time: 3 PM EST

If you have been around VSN very long, you know that Lee (LuvLee) plays a HUGE part in what goes on around here. A lot of it is behind the scenes stuff that you might not even notice that it gets done, if you are a hostess she is in the "hostess only" area, she comments on almost every single vsn submission. Because of some health issues, she has had her wrists in braces & hasn't been able to do much of anything that requires her wrists, so basically anything on the computer & stamping. As our way of saying thank you & we miss having you around, let's CASE one of her cards in her gallery. This was the card I CASE'd: Bloom Like A Wildflower by LuvLee at Splitcoaststampers

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday June 10th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNLEE , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leecasevsn.JPG (123.2 KB, 3 views)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 341 Likes on 215 Posts

TITLE: Summer Song
HOSTESS: Jo Ann (Jo Ann F.)
KEYWORD: JUN13VSNA
DAY/DATE: Friday, June 7
TIME: 5:00pm EST

One of the things that gets me through the winter is listening to my Summer Songs Playlist. As the snow is falling, and the winter winds are howling, I'm humming along to the Beach Boys and picturing sunshine and beaches. My challenge is a music challenge: be inspired by the classic summer hit by Nat King Cole. Click on the song title to listen to Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer . There are a lot of possibilities for card ideas - picnic, drive-in, couples kissing, summer, beach, bikini. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects!

See my sample here .

View the gallery for this challenge HERE .

Again, my challenge is to be inspired by the song Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN . When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNA when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 165 Likes on 130 Posts

Title: Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue
Hostess: Kelly - Sunstamper
Keyword: JUN13VSND
Day/Date: Friday, June 7
Time: 8:00pm EST

Summer = Independence Day

Independence Day = July 4th

July 4th = Red, White and Blue!

I can’t think of summer without also thinking about one of my favorite holidays, Independence Day. July 4th is hot dogs, fireworks and the good ol’ Red, White and Blue!

My challenge for you is to create a card using the colors of red, white and blue. It CAN have a patriotic theme but it doesn’t have to.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNI when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Patriotic Sample.jpg (2.5 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg Non- Patriotic Sample.jpg (2.0 KB, 187 views)

March to the Beat Round 4

Baker’s Dozen Round 37
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Title: A Sketchy Summer!
Hostess: Kim (aka berlycece)
Keyword: JUN13VSNE
Day/Time: Friday June 7th, 9:00 p.m. EST

Hello Stamping Friends!

I am soooooooooooo excited to be hosting a challenge for the summer VSN...WooHoo! Even though summer technically does not start for a couple of weeks, many of us in the States are already feeling the summer heat! So get a break from outdoor heat, and join in another fun stamping challenge!

I have a sketch challenge for you. I like combining layers and angles on my cards. The little tab and circle can be for any embellishment...such as a button, ribbon, die cuts, etc.

I look forward to seeing your SUMMER cards, and know that we will have a fun variety of colors and images!!

View the Gallery for this challenge HERE
(link to come)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNE , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I have attached 2 samples for you...

Remember... Have FUN!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNE BIG Fish.jpg (51.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNE Tropics.jpg (40.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSN Summer Sketch.jpg (29.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSN Summer Sketch - Gray.jpg (24.7 KB, 24 views)
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20

Received 114 Likes on 56 Posts

Title: How Does Your Garden Grow?
Hostess: Heidi, hlw966
Keyword: JUN13VSNF
Day/Date: Friday, June 7
Time: 10:00pm EST

Early and mid-summer is a wonderful time to enjoy finely cultivated and mature gardens. Have you ever visited a local historic home and taken a stroll in the manicured gardens? Nearby, along the Hudson River, we can visit the Vanderbilt mansion , the Roosevelt mansion, and the Samuel B. Morse house. Some features of the wonderful gardens include fountains, statues, and trellises.

My challenge is for you to create a trellis or lattice work on your card and fill it with flowers. Here's a tutorial on how to make a trellis or lattice work . Feel free to use a frame and card stock strips, a die-cut, or scoring for your trellis. Make sure to fill it with lots of pretty leaves and flowers. In the interest of time, pre-rolled or pre-made flowers are perfectly acceptable.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE .

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNF, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6153wm.jpg (49.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Dscn8210.jpg (35.2 KB, 10 views)
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Title: Silly Straws
Keyword:JUN13VSNKIDS
Hostess: mrslaird/Paula
Date/Time: June 8, Noon EST

Summer is full of cold drinks sipped through straws. My kids have as much fun blowing bubbles in their drinks as they do drinking them. My challenge is to have fun blowing ink with straws. This challenge is for all the kids AND the kids at heart!

Basically, drop a few drops of reinker or spray ink on your cardstock and blow the ink with a straw. You can use glossy cardstock and cover the entire thing to make amazing backgrounds or you can use regular cardstock and make cool focal designs. You can then decorate your card with whatever you want. Stamp on it, sticker it, use diecuts. My son loved his background so much he didn't even want to make it into a card and we just hung it on the wall like the art that it is.

I can't wait to see the fun you have with your straws! Have a cold drink while you're at it. ;)

Video Tutorials
Background with glossy cardstock: Straw Blowing Technique using Reinkers - YouTube
Focal designs with regular cardstock: My Favorite Things: Make It Monday - Ink Blowing

View the gallery for this challenge here.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNKIDS , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Party Straws DSC_0739.jpg (36.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Straw Stars DSC_0740.jpg (54.4 KB, 10 views)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Strip Down Your Card
Hostess: Greywolf (Val)
Keyword: JUN13VSNG
Time: 1:00 PM EST

When it is really, really hot, like in the Dog Days of Summer in Texas, most of us tend to wear lightweight or less clothing, shorts: a swimsuit, bikini, thong (!) or if you have a private beach, maybe NOTHING! EEK! :eek:

The challenge is: Let's strip down our cards for the Dog Days of Summer and make a naked ... I mean a one-layer card . Bonus points if you make it with a summer (sun, beach, hot, picnic, etc.) theme.

I define a one-layer card as one piece of cs, just the card base with no attachments. However, if you would rather make your design on a separate panel and attach that "one" piece to your card base, that is acceptable for this challenge. Also, if you feel you have to, I won't deduct points if you add stickers, rhinestones or ribbon.

I know that one-layer and CAS cards are difficult for some people, so I'm including several samples.

Attached thumbnails show a very basic one-layer card, a slightly stepped up one-layer with heat embossing on patterned cs, and a one-layer simple scene on a separate panel which was attached to the card base. One-layer cards don't have to be "plain." You can also include things like paper piercing or glitter or Stickles.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, JUNE 10th.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN . When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery.
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNG , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 3rd.jpg (75.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 2nd.jpg (73.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg JUN13VSNG 1st.jpg (77.1 KB, 10 views)

SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

Title: Flip Flop Fun
Hostess: Cook 22(Sabrina)
Keyword: JUN13VSNH
Day/Date: Saturday 8th June
Time: 2:00 PM EST

It's not often that it's warm enough to wear flip-flops here other than on the beach. But I love being able to wear them all the time when we holiday abroad - it amazes DH that I can walk miles and miles in them, trekking over rough ground and clambering down steep cliffs. Function definitely triumphs over prettiness for me, as in the second attached photo.

But you can make your Flip-Flop (swing) card as pretty as you like :grin:.

There's a tutorial HERE, and a fancier Z-fold Swing card HERE or maybe you're lucky enough to have one of the Sizzix Flip-it dies :mrgreen:.
(If you follow the first tutorial, I strongly recommend taking a peek at the downloadable template guide to the cutting and scoring. It's quite some time since I last made one of these, and it certainly helped me!!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My challenge is simply to make any flip-flop (AKA swing) card using either of the tutorials listed above, or a Sizzx die.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY JUNE 10th

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNH , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached are a couple of fun photos from holidays in Greece, my card, and a gorgeous sample from Jo Ann.
<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(109, 109, 109); font-size: 11px; font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Thumbnails</legend>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/275415d1370375890t-flipflops.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/275416d1370376209t-zak05.png[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/275417d1370376442t-vsnmysamplec22.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/vsn-hostess-chat-f87/275650d1370707340t-jun13vsnh-1_by_jo_ann_f_.jpg[/IMG]
</fieldset>
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: "It's tooo Hot!"
Hostess: Cards are me (Susan)
Keyword: JUN13VSNI Day/Date: Saturday, June 8 th
Time: 3PM EST

Dog Days of Summer are too hot and too sunny for me. The air conditioner in the house and my summer hats when I am outside help me get thru these days. Summer hats provide shade (love the shade) and they can be a great accessory anytime of the year, especially for those bad hair days. My husband always chuckles when I show him the new hat I just purchased but I must state I still have more shoes than hats in my closet. Hee, Hee! My favorite hats are the ones I wear for my "Canadian Crown Jewels Society" meetings and outings.

A card or project with a hat, any hat, for any season or for any reason - this is my challenge for the "dog days of summer".

Here are a few hat cards you may want to try:

Hat Template by ctorina at Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

My Sample:

Attachment 274271

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST Monday June 10th.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dogs Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. Thanks so much for playing along!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

JUN13VSNK ~ Saturday ~ June 8 ~ 5:00 PM EST ~ Bright Star
Title: Bright Star
Hostess: annsforte3, Ann
Keyword: JUN13VSNK
Day/Date: Saturday, June 8, 2013
Time: 5 PM EST

The dog days of summer were named as such due to the constellations that were drawn by ancient societies. Sirius, whose meaning is the �dog star,� is a part of the constellation Canis Major, which rises and sets with the sun in late summer. It was believed that Sirius was in conjunction with the sun during a time, which provided reason for the rising heat.

Since Sirius is one of the brightest stars, your challenge is to make a card for the brightest star in your life . :cool: This could be a graduate from college or high school, or that neighbor who saw that you needed a little help. Whatever the reason, all of us have had someone who has brightened our days. They were a star for us. So make that �bright star� a card, by using either a sunset or sunrise. Just be sure that you have some kind of a star somewhere on the front of the card.

So again my challenge is for you to make a card using either a SUNSET OR SUNRISE and to include some kind of star somewhere on the front of your card.

Your star may be from a punch, stamp, digital art, or doodled. Your sunset or sunrise may be included in a stamp.

In your link to the chat thread, please let us briefly know whom your bright star is (without getting to personal) and the reason they will receive this card.

The dog days of summer most frequently occur in the months of July and August, two months regularly bearing the highest of summer temperatures. However, within the Southern Hemisphere, the dog days occur during the austral summer. Thus it occurs in the months of January and February.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNK , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Title: Water, Water, Everywhere
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: JUN13VSNM
Time: 7:00 pm EST

I live in Western Oregon. Folks from Eastern Oregon call it �the wet side�. There are more creeks, streams, springs, rivers, and lakes than you can count, and there�s water in them pretty much all year round. Oh, and our coast is beyond beautiful, with a constant wind. A trip to the water is a fabulous way to cool off during our brief hot spell in summer.

How many of us remember summer days at the local swimming pool, or even playing in the sprinklers?

FYI: My home is about a block from the Coast Fork of the Willamette River. I�m attaching a summer picture.

My challenge for you: Use a water image on a card or project, or, lacking the images, use water to create your project, i. e., water colors, aqua brush, etc.

Can�t wait to see your watery creations!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword JUN13VSNM when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen. THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING ALONG!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sprinkler.jpg (46.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg coast fork.jpg (118.8 KB, 3 views)
Matboard Maniac

JUN13VSNN-Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 8:00 EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Lemonade Yellow
Hostess: Roseanne Ricke
Keyword: JUN13VSNN
Day/Date: Saturday, June 8,2013
Time: 8:00pm EST

After a long, hot, DOG DAY of Summer, nothing beats the heat like a tall glass of ice cold, homemade lemonade. Whether the day was spent working in the garden or taking care of the lawn, sweet lemonade always hits the spot!!

So, my challenge is to create a monochromatic, any occasion card, using only lemonade yellow!!

Be as creative as you would like and use any other supplies you have - embossing, glitter, ribbon, etc, as long as it is lemonade yellow!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNN , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Thumbnails
dscf4710.jpg dscf4711.jpg dscf4709.jpg

Read more: JUN13VSNN-Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 8:00 EST by roseannericke at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4710.jpg (31.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4709.jpg (35.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4713.jpg (29.5 KB, 6 views)

Proud Fan Club Member

Dog Days of Summer VSN 2013 Hostess

MY BLOG

Those who matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter! Dr. Seuss