Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for Week Ending April 25, 2010

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Clean and Simple Favorites thread! All are welcome to join the fun and post links to their favorite CAS cards and projects that were uploaded in the past week.

Here's my list:

snail posted a pretty, yellow baby card with scallops and buttons and ribbon, oh my!

keuby did a great job showcasing her yellow bug in the simplest (and bestest!) way possible

peebsmama used fresh-looking strips of paper and punched flowers on her very cleanly designed hello card

JulieHRR shared a card that shows amazing ability to mix and match and keep a design simple, yet interesting

Poppit's Cupboard (isn't that a cool screen name?) used happy colors and white embossing to make a stunning card set

girl3boys0 made a set also, but she used natural ivory cardstock and and softly colored stamping to give her set a very subtle, natural serenity

fionna51 used lovely yellow ribbon as the perfect accent for her CAS63 card; and her Amish-looking horse and buggy card for CAS62 epitomizes clean and simple

NancyK. made a wonderful guy card with a simple color scheme, textured cardstock, and botanical images that jumped out at me

ceedee's simple black-and-white CAS63 card shows how one layer, a bit of bling, and black ink can be simply sophisticated

PaperInBloom used monochromatic yellow beautifully on her hello card

hiinaz made a one-layer mother's day card with swiss dot and a very pretty color combination

alliohran used Trendy Trees and a simple brad-and-twine embellishment to make a big statement on her Trendy Swap card

flatfish painted the lovely, artistic background for this card herself and turned it into a stunningly contemporary CAS masterpiece

katolejnik used a cool stamp, cool coloring, and cool faux stitching on her fun warm wishes one-layer card

nancy littrell demonstrated how evey busy designer paper can work beautifully for a CAS...if it's used the right way!

hskelly's embossed monogram card takes one-layer elegance to a new level!

Ioana used a stunning acetate butterfly on her clean and simple butterfly's time card

Understandblue blew me away with the amazing use of color on her Farewell to Summer card

girlgeek101 used a beachy color scheme with a very light touch to make a beautiful focal point on her Miniature Mackinak card

Please share your own favorites so the rest of us can see what we missed in the big, big gallery! Also, please take time to comment on some CAS cards today to give these amazing stampers some warm fuzzies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:09 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 514 Likes on 230 Posts

Ooooh, Susan! Thanks for choosing *both* my cards this week! My day is most cheerful now! (seeing blue, dry sky helps too! LOL)

I'll have to come back later to share my faves and see what everyone else highlighted because I need to get ready for church. Have a wonderful morning, all!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Clean and Simple Favorites thread! All are welcome to join the fun and post links to their favorite CAS cards and projects that were uploaded in the past week.

Here's my list:

snail posted a pretty, yellow baby card with scallops and buttons and ribbon, oh my!

keuby did a great job showcasing her yellow bug in the simplest (and bestest!) way possible

peebsmama used fresh-looking strips of paper and punched flowers on her very cleanly designed hello card

JulieHRR shared a card that shows amazing ability to mix and match and keep a design simple, yet interesting

Poppit's Cupboard (isn't that a cool screen name?) used happy colors and white embossing to make a stunning card set

girl3boys0 made a set also, but she used natural ivory cardstock and and softly colored stamping to give her set a very subtle, natural serenity

fionna51 used lovely yellow ribbon as the perfect accent for her CAS63 card; and her Amish-looking horse and buggy card for CAS62 epitomizes clean and simple

NancyK. made a wonderful guy card with a simple color scheme, textured cardstock, and botanical images that jumped out at me

ceedee's simple black-and-white CAS63 card shows how one layer, a bit of bling, and black ink can be simply sophisticated

hiinaz made a one-layer mother's day card with swiss dot and a very pretty color combination

alliohran used Trendy Trees and a simple brad-and-twine embellishment to make a big statement on her Trendy Swap card

flatfish painted the lovely, artistic background for this card herself and turned it into a stunningly contemporary CAS masterpiece

katolejnik used a cool stamp, cool coloring, and cool faux stitching on her fun warm wishes one-layer card

nancy littrell demonstrated how evey busy designer paper can work beautifully for a CAS...if it's used the right way!

Ioana used a stunning acetate butterfly on her clean and simple butterfly's time card

Understandblue blew me away with the amazing use of color on her Farewell to Summer card

girlgeek101 used a beachy color scheme with a very light touch to make a beautiful focal point on her Miniature Mackinak card

Please share your own favorites so the rest of us can see what we missed in the big, big gallery! Also, please take time to comment on some CAS cards today to give these amazing stampers some warm fuzzies!
Thanks so much Susan for mentioning my card! The CAS gallery always inspires me and I love to look at CAS cards that are in the "big" gallery!

I'm off to take a look at the other cards you listed!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting my card! Really Susan, if you didn't have such a great blog posting CAS cards, I would be lost.
Enjoy having my morning tea with you and your blog.

Lisa

www.flatfishpaperarts.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I didn't have time to peruse the gallery too much this week, but I did put two cards in my favorites:

k dunbrook's card here: CAS63, TLC269 Inspired By..... by k dunbrook at Splitcoaststampers

hobbywoman's card here: Challenge Card by hobbywoman at Splitcoaststampers

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

GULP! Thank you so much Susan for the mention this week, I am delighted but completely taken aback. Definitely given me the warm fuzzies and cheered my day
Thanks also for taking the time each week to start this post and to Karen for letting us all know ......

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlozbView Post
I didn't have time to peruse the gallery too much this week, but I did put two cards in my favorites:

k dunbrook's card here: CAS63, TLC269 Inspired By..... by k dunbrook at Splitcoaststampers

wow!! Thanks so very much Brandi, for the mention of my card....sooo appreciated!!
Wishing everyone a wonderful day....I am so enjoying seeing all the cas cards this week....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #8  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There were two cards that I saved in my favorites this week.

TRome625's Mother's Day card Mother's Day Card by TRome625 at Splitcoaststampers
Stampinadrea's Flower card Simply Flowers by stampinandrea at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post

Here's my list:

Wonderful cards! xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

susan, thank you! for listing my baby card among your favourites this week; i need to do CAS for the VSN. thank you karen for letting me know my card was mentioned here; what a nice surprise! i threw it together so quickly, i didn't spend my usual amount of time watercolouring it, which i think shows, but hey, we only had 45 minutes. lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #11  
Chat Box Chicks Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlozbView Post

Thanks so much for mentioning my card....its always so flattering to see my name here! Thanks to K Dunbrook for letting me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, thank you for mentioning my card Susan. What a nice surprise and an honor!! Thanks also to Karen for letting me know via a comment on my card. You both have AMAZING galleries that blow my mind.

My Blog---->>>The Unhurried Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdpView Post
There were two cards that I saved in my favorites this week.

TRome625's Mother's Day card Mother's Day Card by TRome625 at Splitcoaststampers
Stampinadrea's Flower card Simply Flowers by stampinandrea at Splitcoaststampers
What a surprise!! Thanks for mentioning my card!! I just started uploading some of my cards to my gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 514 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm back with some of my favorites...

Freshn'Sassy
juliemlacey
LateBlossom
danascott96
PaperInBloom
sparklegirl
stagccva
Biggan
jovialjudi
ravengirl
girlgeek101
kthaman
Anne Ryan
bon2stamp

Some AMAZING cards turned up in the gallery this week...thanks for sharing!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Thank you so much for favoriting my card. I am so honored!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Hey, thanks, Diane!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post

Freshn'Sassy
juliemlacey
LateBlossom
danascott96
PaperInBloom
sparklegirl
stagccva
Biggan
jovialjudi
ravengirl
girlgeek101
kthaman
Anne Ryan
bon2stamp

Diane, thank you for the kind mention! I will have to spend some time this evening looking at all the gems in this week's CAS favorites!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much for featuring my two cards this week! I just love this weekly post and getting to discover all the beautiful CAS creations. Big hugs, Carly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Diane, Thank you for mentioning one of my cards!

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:31 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts

There were so many lovely cards this past week - I put a lot of them into my favourites.

Clownmom framed her image beautifully Minty Lemons_lb by Clownmom at Splitcoaststampers

Freshn'Sassy - a gorgeous yellow Mother's Day card - Minty Lemons_lb by Clownmom at Splitcoaststampers

flatfish - great use of Washi paper CAS Cards - Washi Paper by flatfish at Splitcoaststampers

LaLatty's gorgeous sympathy card CAS63 Sympathy Silhouettes by LaLatty at Splitcoaststampers

doodersmom9's sophisticated thank you card Thank you simply done by doodersmom9 at Splitcoaststampers

jaydeestamping uses a great quote Favorite Thoughts meets Close as a Memory by jaydeestamping at Splitcoaststampers

CAKath made a beautiful Christmas card in unusual colours Non-Traditional Christmas Version 2 by CAKath at Splitcoaststampers

LateBlossom did a lovely sea-star card CAS63 Life is Good by LateBlossom at Splitcoaststampers

ink/outside/the/box turned the sketch challenge vertically Inspired by 2 birds by ink|outside|the|box at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan's card made me smile CAS63 Enjoy life! by Biggan at Splitcoaststampers

hdp used a lovely shade of soft green FS167 Praying for You by hdp at Splitcoaststampers

MaryAnnDOLN did a beautiful sympathy card Simple Sympathy by MaryAnnDOLN at Splitcoaststampers

hskelly made a great CAS birthday card Birthday Wishes by hskelly at Splitcoaststampers

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #21  

I didn't have any time to browse the gallery this week, but I love coming here to see what I missed. Thanks to everyone for posting their faves!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #22  
Inking Addict

Thank you so much Diane!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 AM   #23  
Inking Addict

Thank you SO much Susan - I know which card you mean - but you've linked to the lemons again. lol Your comment is compliment enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #24  
Inking Addict

A few to add:
Bar used In Bloom in a way that I haven't seen before: True Friend by Bar at Splitcoaststampers

Devlinwhite made a wonderful dsp card that looks more complicated than it is: PTI Material Birthday by Devlinwhite at Splitcoaststampers

PaperInBloom knocked my socks off with her butterfly tree: Hello by PaperInBloom at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you everyone for sharing your talent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #25  
hdp
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Susanbri

Thank you for mentioning my card. Glad you liked it.

Last edited by hdp; 04-26-2010 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 361 Likes on 187 Posts

Wasn't I surprised to wake up to find that Susanbri put my nontraditional Christmas card into the Favorites for the week! Thank you,Susan!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 475 Likes on 352 Posts

I linked the wrong card to Freshn'Sassy in my long list of favourites a few posts earlier. So the correct favourite is:

Freshn'Sassy - a gorgeous yellow Mother's Day card - Gentle yellow by Freshn'Sassy at Splitcoaststampers

Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know that I linked the wrong card.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thumbs up

Susan you made my day! Thanks for mentioning my card! This post is so encouraging to everyone!

I have a few favorites I just have to mention today all posted prior to Sunday (not sure if cut off is sat or sun)

apricotroses' very Cas but extremely elegant wedding invite for her daughter:
DD's Wedding Invites by ApricotRose at Splitcoaststampers

hiana's bright and cheery garden:
Fond Farewell to Green Galore by Hianna at Splitcoaststampers

Artsy-em's rainbow card on kraft paper
One-Layer Rainbow Love by artsy_em at Splitcoaststampers

Craftycaro's round teachers appreciation card with guitar!
Music Teacher Birthday Card by craftycaro at Splitcoaststampers

Sleepyinseattle's delicate bird in flowers card
IC229 Bluebird by sleepyinseattle at Splitcoaststampers

Ceedee's lovely pencil sketch flowers
CAS63 - Poetic Petals by ceedee at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks to everyone - viva la CAS!

Last edited by girlgeek101; 04-26-2010 at 07:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Default Thank you!

thank you for mentioning my card - I had a ball this week and your encouragement only makes it better!

Quote:

Freshn'Sassy
juliemlacey
LateBlossom
danascott96
PaperInBloom
sparklegirl
stagccva
Biggan
jovialjudi
ravengirl
girlgeek101
kthaman
Anne Ryan
bon2stamp

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #30  
Crimping Master

Default CAS Thanks

Thanks so much for mentioning my card Susan and for letting me know Karen. I really appreciate it! There is so much gorgeous work being done and I love the creativity everyone shows. I just love the positive comments. What a wonderful way to start the week! Have a fantastical week.

Cheers,
Treena

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
There were so many lovely cards this past week - I put a lot of them into my favourites.

Clownmom framed her image beautifully Minty Lemons_lb by Clownmom at Splitcoaststampers

Freshn'Sassy - a gorgeous yellow Mother's Day card - Minty Lemons_lb by Clownmom at Splitcoaststampers

flatfish - great use of Washi paper CAS Cards - Washi Paper by flatfish at Splitcoaststampers

LaLatty's gorgeous sympathy card CAS63 Sympathy Silhouettes by LaLatty at Splitcoaststampers

doodersmom9's sophisticated thank you card Thank you simply done by doodersmom9 at Splitcoaststampers

jaydeestamping uses a great quote Favorite Thoughts meets Close as a Memory by jaydeestamping at Splitcoaststampers

CAKath made a beautiful Christmas card in unusual colours Non-Traditional Christmas Version 2 by CAKath at Splitcoaststampers

LateBlossom did a lovely sea-star card CAS63 Life is Good by LateBlossom at Splitcoaststampers

ink/outside/the/box turned the sketch challenge vertically Inspired by 2 birds by ink|outside|the|box at Splitcoaststampers

Biggan's card made me smile CAS63 Enjoy life! by Biggan at Splitcoaststampers

hdp used a lovely shade of soft green FS167 Praying for You by hdp at Splitcoaststampers

MaryAnnDOLN did a beautiful sympathy card Simple Sympathy by MaryAnnDOLN at Splitcoaststampers

hskelly made a great CAS birthday card Birthday Wishes by hskelly at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #31  

Thanks, Susan for mentioning my sympathy card. I wasn't too sure when I made that card, but I just went with it and I'm so glad that you liked it. I made if for my sister in law who just lost her grandfather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Waving to you from across the lake!
Thanks for mentioning my card, my kind neighbor, you really made my day and I appreciate it!
Joanne

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgeek101View Post
Susan you made my day! Thanks for mentioning my card! This post is so encouraging to everyone!

I have a few favorites I just have to mention today all posted prior to Sunday (not sure if cut off is sat or sun)

Joanne

www.sleepyinseattle.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #33  
Just Me

Quote:

Freshn'Sassy
juliemlacey
LateBlossom
danascott96
PaperInBloom
sparklegirl
stagccva
Biggan
jovialjudi
ravengirl
girlgeek101
kthaman
Anne Ryan
bon2stamp

Thanks so much for mentioning my card! It made my day
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, girlgeek101, for mentioning my card and thanks, Karen, for letting me know!! It makes me feel so wonderful. Have a great week everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #35  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshn'SassyView Post
A few to add:
Bar used In Bloom in a way that I haven't seen before: True Friend by Bar at Splitcoaststampers

Devlinwhite made a wonderful dsp card that looks more complicated than it is: PTI Material Birthday by Devlinwhite at Splitcoaststampers

PaperInBloom knocked my socks off with her butterfly tree: Hello by PaperInBloom at Splitcoaststampers

Thank you everyone for sharing your talent!
Thank you so much for mentioning my card!!! I'm so honored!! And thanks to Karen for letting me know! What a great way to wind down a day!
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #36  
Mad Swapper

LateBlossom

LateBlossom again

k dunbrook

bkbaker1222

girlgeek101

sleepyinseattle

markie's mom

biggan

jaydeestamping

giogio again

girl3boy0

girl3boys0 again

paperinbloom

hiinaz

aimes

vera

biggan again

markie's mom

kthaman

understandblue

bar

girlgeek101 again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 PM   #37  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thank you so much for mentioning my card...it's really kicked off my week into a wonderful start!

Hugs & Smiles!!!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thank you so much for the mention, there is so much talent here that it is always a surprise and a thrill to see my name included. Big smiles this morning
PS I like your description it is spot on .....

Fan Club Member
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

LateBlossom, thanks so much for mentioning my card!! Really made my day. :-)

Thanks to all of you for sharing your amazing talent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #40  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

WOW - thank you SO much!!

xoxox

Reply With Quote Likes