Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: What Brings On "Scrap Stash" Organizing Mood?
New Years Eve -- I sort is all at the start of every new year 1 4.35%
Can't Find a particular item I want to use 8 34.78%
When the "mood" Strikes or I'm looking for Scrappy Mojo 10 43.48%
Summer Time -- Time for Scrap/Stamp Garage Sales 0 0%
Never -- I'm never in the mood to organize. I like the way it is 0 0%
All of the above -- I like to sort & organize often 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #1  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Scrapbook Poll of the Week

Each week in 2010 we'll have a fun Scrappin' Themed Question to Share. Please share your answer in the poll AND if you have any *good ideas* for others, please feel free to post. As you know, we're always looking for new ways to do stuff!

Come and Play :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find that I do the most of my organizing when I have no mojo but I want to get something accomplished!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I organize my "stuff" when the mood hits me ....I just wish it would hit me more often!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #4  

I wish I could vote twice. Mainly it's because I need to create and can't find something like my desk!! Or the 2 square tables I have next to my desk.

And sometimes just when the mood strikes, and hubby is home to tend to Maddy and Dog, and I don't want to do anything else!!!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #5  

My Tip: Those Plastic Shoeboxes, perfect for sorting things. I keep my adhesives in 1, wheels in another, embossing stuff in yet another, and need to get a new one for Glitter, and a few more- umm envelopes, cutting supplies. I then label them with my P-Touch so even though I can see inside of them, the label is there to remind me too. I am an out of sight out of mind person, so this works well for me, and most of the stuff gets put away quickly, unless there is a catastrophe in another part of the house!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #6  

Now Paper and DSP organization I stink at, I have my packs of CS sorted, but not much else, starting to work on getting some Jetmax cubes and Cropper Hopper Bins for 12x12 stuff. But it's those scraps that really get me - thoughts???

And also chipboard - how do you all store that, again with mine it's usually on a shelf, so again out of sight out of mind - wonder if I should just start putting that into a shoebox too?
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I'm a put things back after each project kinda gal. But I'm always looking to better improve things. I'll be doing that Monday & Tuesday this week as a matter of fact :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done very little organizing since I started digi scrapping but it's a bummer when I know I have something particular and can't find it anymore for when I work on cards. DGS has said he is scared to be the first room at the top of our stairs (which is the 2nd biggest bedroom) so....I was thinking of moving all my "stuff" into that room and giving him the "office" bedroom which was the smallest room but is across the hall from me. That way he should feel safer and I'll get a pretty big room (with cable hookup) to make into a craft room . I think it's a win win situation...now just to persuade DH to help me move everything (cause he DOESN'T think it's a good idea :()
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

My mood has been striking all week. i do a layout and organize whatever i have my hands on. For instance i was looking for a certain color blue cardstock and decided the cardstock needed to be in ROY G BIV. From light to dark for each color. Finished it in the time the Dallas Cowboys whooped butt. lol. soo now its done. Next??who knows????
I didn't finish the LO that day but did this morning. ITS ALL GOOD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to be in the mood....well also when I can't find something I know I have but just can't remember where I put it! Then while I'm cleaning up I find something and it gets the mojo going....Oh now to choose an answer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

My craft space is quite small and I share it with the computer so I need to organize often. I am finding the best way is "like things together", "keep it visible" and clean up often. Rubbermaid and shelves LOTS of shelves seems to work best for this girl. I'm in a mess right now but perhaps I will take my own advice tonight and whip my room back into shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I have lots of cabinets in my craft room that really help. I bought the triple "Best Organizer" for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas/Valentines Day/and every other day of the year gift for myself. It is amazing. It has 1" and 2" drawers with dividers inside. Each drawer is for one thing -- all brads in one, eyelets in another, chipboard in another -- and I've labelled the outside of each drawer, so I can see at a glance where things are. I love to be organized (even all my soup by kind, with labels all facing out in a neat row). Is this a true "A type" personality?
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I use the tall rubbermaid rolling carts to sort by holidays. I have one for Halloween, Christmas and I still more. I love that I'm able to divide the stuff for the holidays in to stickers, paper, large embellishments, etc. I also love to use old cabinets and bookshelves for storing things. I find them cheap at junk stores and yard sales, use the canvas totes with the labels on the outside and just line them up. Makes finding everything very easy. I also use mason jars for buttons and brads. I found some plastic boxes that are for screws and such and use those for my eyelets. I'm now looking for file boxes or cabinets to store my papers in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i answered "when i can't find something" because that's mostly when i realize i NEED to clean up and/or purge... but sometimes i do it just because i feel like it too!

i know it takes up a lot of room (which i luckily have!) but i have lateral file cabinets as the legs of my desk (it's a laminate kitchen counter top sitting on two lateral files and a bookshelf) and i put page protectors into one of those cheap 3-prong folders you can get at the back to school sales for like, $0.10, and i separate all my stickers by theme/manufacturer. but i love it because i can see just about everything i have (i'm a outta-sight, outta-mind kinda scrapper) by flipping through a folder.

i'm still working on organizing though, we made an in-house move & small renovation back in july and it's taken until now to get through all but 2-3 of the boxes!!! my craft room moved into a bigger (shared) space and i am still trying to figure out where things go because i find myself continually moving things until they're in their perfect home!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #15  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking scraps

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
Now Paper and DSP organization I stink at, I have my packs of CS sorted, but not much else, starting to work on getting some Jetmax cubes and Cropper Hopper Bins for 12x12 stuff. But it's those scraps that really get me - thoughts???

And also chipboard - how do you all store that, again with mine it's usually on a shelf, so again out of sight out of mind - wonder if I should just start putting that into a shoebox too?
Scraps-- I have one of those Rubbermaid 3 drawer bin . Probably 30" wide x 36" high by 24" deep. I have scraps sorted by "color" in 1 Gallon Ziplocs that are in the middle bin. This is the best option I've ever used! It's SO easy to find what color I need and I use scraps all the time! It's so easy to put them back

Chipboard I have in plastic box like you do for your other supplies. Much easier to find shape or one I'm looking for
Reply With Quote Likes