Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transporting supplies?

What do you all use to transport your stamps, ink, supplies when going to a craft day or scrapbooking party? I don't really do scrapbooks, but I am going to an all day thingie tomorrow and am wondering how I'm going to carry all my stuff in.

I went to a friend's house last month and just carried everything in a laundry basket. LOL It was a tad heavy and hard to carry down her basement stairs.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a rolling cart made especially for crafty supplies. kind of like a carry on piece of luggage. slots for scissors as pockets for little bits. Got mine at like Target.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a rolling bag that I use if I'm taking a lot of stuff. Or a carry bag (old CM) if I dont' have a lot

It's made by Generations, but other companies also make some nice ones. You should pick the style that fits your needs best. I don't have aneed for pen slots, etc. But do want space for stamping supplies!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Before I purchased a rolling tote---I used an old wheely suitcase--it worked AWESOME---in fact I have a crafting weekend coming up and I might bring out the suitcase again---sooooo much space and nice pockets for supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I have a rolling Generations tote that I absolutely love! My favorite part is the hanging paper storage for 12x12 sheets. Then I stuff lots of other stuff in, too! I laughed when you said you carried stuff in your laundry basket. Before I got my tote that's what I used one day to go to my friend's house. What we won't do for a little crafting time!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I'm so glad to hear these ideas, I'm doing something similar tomorrow and could use the ideas. I never thought to use a suitcase! My biggest problem seems to be decided what I'm going to use and what I'm not.

Stickles Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Great idea on the suitcase. I think that's what I'll do. Money is tight so don't really want to go out and spend. But I will be getting a rolling tote one day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I am converting to one of those Sterlite craft carts.

http://www.target.com/gp/search/186-..._1_1&x=25&y=13

Scroll down to see the 7 drawer craft cart. All of the drawers have a top o them. You just put your projects and supplies in each drawer...organized of course. Then when it's time to load up to go to the crop you take out the drawers, load the empty cart in the car then put the drawers back in. It takes just a few minutes of time to do all of that loading and unloading but it's worth it to have everything you need in that one cart. Then all you have to take with it is your tool bag. Viola!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The group that I belong to (meet up group in Dekalb IL) Many of us use what we have.

There are a few ladies who use a Suit case and Rubber Maid containers.
Others use rolling carts.

Myself, Right now I'm using a couple of things. One being a Paper Taker. (which holds all my 12x12 Designer Paper from TAC, SU, MM, CA, and misc.

I have a Briefcase that I use too. for carring Markers, Ink spot's. Tools and other things.

I'm thinking about using my Suitcase tomorrow to carry everything that I will need for a 12 hour day of Stamping and Scrapping.

You might have to try couple of different things before you find the right fit.

I too have to go downstair to get the Stamping room at my house and hers.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedabelleView Post
My biggest problem seems to be decided what I'm going to use and what I'm not.
I think that is a common problem. You're afraid you'll need 'something' and not have it.

I try to figure out what project I really want to work on and pre-plan what I'll need. Doing some of the prep work ahead of time really helps me to use my 'away' time productively

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I bought this and really like it...

http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/t...organizer.aspx

It wasn't too expensive (like some of the rolly carts out there) and I love all the little pockets it has. There is even a clip so you can clip your paper snips on so you don't lose them. paper and stamp sets fit nicely on the inside and it holds A LOT.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanda50View Post
I am converting to one of those Sterlite craft carts.

http://www.target.com/gp/search/186-..._1_1&x=25&y=13

Scroll down to see the 7 drawer craft cart. All of the drawers have a top o them. You just put your projects and supplies in each drawer...organized of course. Then when it's time to load up to go to the crop you take out the drawers, load the empty cart in the car then put the drawers back in. It takes just a few minutes of time to do all of that loading and unloading but it's worth it to have everything you need in that one cart. Then all you have to take with it is your tool bag. Viola!!!
I've got one of these and i didn't even think of that!!! Alright, reorganizing for crafting party tonight!!

Stickles Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I have a wheeled tote I got from Hobby Lobby with a 50% off coupon. It's made by the Paper Studio. I just love it.. it has removeable storage inside for just about anything you can imagine. And when you remove the inside pieces, the sit on your table so everthing is handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

When I first started cardmaking we all bought inexpensive laptop bags. room for A4 card, lots of pockets for all the pens, knife, embellishments, stamp pad and a few stamps. Shoulder strap to help carry it.

Ideal ..... until my supplies grew and grew and it wasn't big enough anymore. :confused: Then one Christmas my DH bought me a rolling tote. I was the envy of my stamping friends (and he bought it without any hints from me too!!):p

Now I have my rolling tote, a large fishing tackle box (very flat with lots of compartments) which sits on the top of my tote, an A3 cutting board and my fiskars cutter all sitting on top of my tote. The pockets and clips on the outside of the tote are bulging and the tote is very heavy with all the card and paper as well as a container of stamps and another one of stamp pads. then when I get to my stamping group I only use a tiny fraction. (but I have it if I need it)

Every now and then, if I'm super organised, I haul out the old laptop bag and take that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Well I ended up getting a folding crate with wheels at Walmart and using that. My books of stamps and other stuff fit in the crate and then I piled my box of paper and supply bag on top of that and wheeled in.

One of the girls at my table found a rolling plastic tool box with drawers and a big space in the bottom. It was perfect! I'm on a mission to find me one for Christmas. I can't remember though if she found it at Menards or Lowes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

I use a rolling cart as well, but as far as what I bring I do not bring the kitchen sink. I try and plan out what I am going to be working on ahead of time and organize them in Ziplocks or other flat 12x12 plastic storage. So if I am working on cards I plan out the card and then figure out how much of everything I am going to bring. If i am doing scrapbook pages I figure out the pics, the papers (pattern and coordinating solids) and then what embellies I might want to use. If there is something else I left out I can always emellish more when I get home. This way I am not bringing WAY more stuff than I am going to use. It requires a little planning before hand, but is more organized and I find I get lots more accomplished while I am there! HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have one of the suitcase totes, it is okay but my problem with it is the wheels are not very large and I end up carrying it if the pavement or flooring is not smooth. And the handle is not exactly perfect for carrying. If you can "try it out" before you buy see how the wheels work with a few pounds of necessary stamping stuff gets piled in. Paper gets amazingly heavy going up steps...

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes