Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unmounted Folks: Have You Tried...

Morning!

I was wondering,

Has anyone who has gone unmounted ever tried applying either double sided tape or Aileen's TIOAO to the inside of the jewel cases rather than the backs of the stamps?

I ask this because mounting all the rubber onto EZ Mount is getting expensive and I wonder if Aileen's TIOAO is too lumpy on the back of the rubber to get a clean and even press. When I use my Bellas I keep them stored in the little ziplocs in which they arrive from Em and use double sided tape to stamp them; I didn't put any TIOAO on them, and they stamp GREAT. This works fine for single stamps, but I don't want to do this with my larger sets, which are more efficiently stored in jewel cases with TIOAO or on laminated sheets with EZ Mount and a cellophane baggie to contain any stamps that might pop off.

I was just curious if anyone tried this - putting the adhesive on the container rather than the stamps themselves?, and if they liked it or not.

Thanks in advance for the feedback everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I haven't done that, but I do put Aileene's on the back of my unmounted and have never had them be lumpy. It just takes a very thin coat to make it tacky so not sure how there would be lumps. I store my TIOAO coated stamps on stencil plastic sheets in a clear page protector and then store those in a binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I use some sticky stuff called Tack n Peel which I stuck on to my acrylic block. That means I don't have to mount all my unmounteds onto ez mount. The stamps stay put until you pull them off and it doesn't leave any residue on the stamps at all. The only downside is it's now starting to get a bit dirty and the corners have started to peel off but I've had it on my main acrylic block for about a year now so it's lasted very well. I got it from this UK store but you might be able to find it in the USA if they don't ship. http://www.craftathome.co.uk/tsukine...el-p-3579.html

HTH Vannessa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by saffivortView Post
I use some sticky stuff called Tack n Peel which I stuck on to my acrylic block. That means I don't have to mount all my unmounteds onto ez mount. The stamps stay put until you pull them off and it doesn't leave any residue on the stamps at all. The only downside is it's now starting to get a bit dirty and the corners have started to peel off but I've had it on my main acrylic block for about a year now so it's lasted very well. I got it from this UK store but you might be able to find it in the USA if they don't ship. http://www.craftathome.co.uk/tsukine...el-p-3579.html

HTH Vannessa
How do you store you stamps? I just got some Tack n Peel, but I'm not sure how to store my stamps w/o anything on them.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I use the Wacky Tac that you can get on QVC. I like it better than the Aleene's because it comes with a dauber type top so it's easy to get the even coat. Much cheaper than buying all that EZMount. Although I do have tons of stamps on EZMount and even some on the old HALOS (hook & loop) system. Try the Wacky Tac....it's super easy!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

HTH Vannessa
Thanks Vanessa. I do know about Tack n Peel, it works great, but it would not be affordable to put TNP on the insides of ALL my cd jewel cases to hold the stamps in place on them. It is fine for a block or two, but I am hoping to find a better solution for storing the stamps when they aren't being used.

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgrammaView Post
I use the Wacky Tac that you can get on QVC. I like it better than the Aleene's because it comes with a dauber type top so it's easy to get the even coat. Much cheaper than buying all that EZMount. Although I do have tons of stamps on EZMount and even some on the old HALOS (hook & loop) system. Try the Wacky Tac....it's super easy!!!!!

I will check it out - thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Is it Wackytac LIquid sticky note that you are referring to? there are a lot of wackytack products! TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I checked QVC.com. Unfortunately, they don't have a glue with a dauber - they have 20 sheets for a little over $20 - is that it? It seems more like Tac n Peel rather than Aileen's TIOAO. More affordable though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Nope that's not it. It's called Wacky Tac and they may be out of stock. I would check back in a couple weeks and see if they get any more. Yes, it's Liquid Sticky Note. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 09:18 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

HTH Vannessa
I use Tack N Peel also. When I am finished stamping, I just put the block (with the Tack N Peel ) under some warm water and sort of rub back and forth on the surface with my fingers to get off any stray dust or in my case, cat hair! LOL! Then I let it AIR dry and put that little plastic sheet on it again and store it. It does wonders to make it sticky again. In fact, mine is sticker than when I first put it on the block.

I found that is available in quite a few places here-A.C. Moore.com, Michael's, sometimes on eBay, -all we have to do is do a search and a lot of places pop up.

Hooray for Tack N Peel! I'll never mount a stamp again. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I've gotten the Wacky Tack Repositionable adhesive in a bottle with a dauber top at Archiver's. I got it to try on my Cricut mats to replenish them, but I may try it on some stamps too!!
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math ChickView Post
Thanks Vanessa. I do know about Tack n Peel, it works great, but it would not be affordable to put TNP on the insides of ALL my cd jewel cases to hold the stamps in place on them. It is fine for a block or two, but I am hoping to find a better solution for storing the stamps when they aren't being used.

Thanks for your input!
I don't put it on the stamps or cases as I store my unmounted either in the little bag they come (like my bellas) or in a folder with trading card plastic wallet things. I got these from ebay really cheap (20 for �4 over here). They have 9 little pockets and most of my stamps fit perfectly inside them. Those, like the bigger ones from High Hopes I have to cut the dividing section on 2 pockets to make a bigger one but they don't fall out or anything. I haven't quite found a perfect solution but this generally works quite well at the minute. Having the tack n peel on one block means that I don't have to put it on anything else.

Vannessa
Reply With Quote Likes