Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default demos..do you share SCS with others?

I am wondering if you tell the people at your shows about Splitcoast Stampers? Maybe this is a dumb question, but I have heard both sides. Some demos don't tell others because they feel they wouldn't have as much to offer at the shows if everyone can just go online and see all the ideas. Others say they tell because then their customers will have more ideas thus want to buy more product. Just curious. Thanks for any insight.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I am not a demo, but I think you should tell everyone about this sight. I have bought so much stuff just from seeing it here, I think my demo must be getting rich!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:09 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I tell my customers about this site. The ones that use it love it. I figure that at least they will get new ideas (for product they do not have) and buy more from me.

Plus if they are going to search for card samples on the internet, sooner or later they will come across this site. I have learned some great tip from SCS and I am glad I can share this great site with customers!

Tracey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I do, actually usually another guest tells them about it! I have learned so much from online, didn't go to a real SU party until I had been at it for almost 6 mos, and I am pretty self taught from online sharing. This is the best place to learn!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:16 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

My previous demo told me (she moved away)...my current demo and I are on here all the time! I'm a much better (bigger spender) SU customer because of it!

A.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

ABSOLUTELY! This is the best place to get ideas! I buy stuff to make cards that I see on this site. I want my customers to do the same thing! I think it can only help your business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:29 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

My demo told me about SCS and she's GLAD she did - I'm worse now than ever! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Personally....

I *do* tell. Why? Because I'm only creative to a limit and my customers are familiar with my limits. I *love* to be able to share where I get my ideas from. They don't use *just* my products, they use CM, SEI, Rusty Pickle, MM, Coluzzle, 7 Gypsies...you name it. By referring them here, they see *more* stamped ideas than I could ever be able to provide them. Not to mention, when they finally do hear about it (and they will, trust me...36,000+ of us already have, why would my customers be any different?) they'd be more surprised to learn that they didn't hear it from me *first.* And thank goodness for all the wonder and talented people here...the pressure is off of me to produce what I am not capable of producing. ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Switcheroo!

I am not a demo, found this site because of Rubberstamp Madness' Surf City recommendation. I, in turn, told my demo about it and she went nuts. I keep trying to get her to join so she can post her cards and comments, but she's dragging her feet 'cause she knows how much time she will spend. She thinks she does enough on here just looking around as a guest! Little does she know. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Personally, I'm not a demo and I found this Website on my own. The way I see it, I fall in love with so many stamp sets that I had no interest for at first after seeing them here, my demo is definitely benefiting from the many orders I place with her. Plus, I'm still going to her classes or stamping night whenever I'm in town, even when it's just to have company and not stamp alone for once. And I'm still interested in what she has to teach me because I can't reproduce half of what I see here on my own, so I still depend on her to show me the how-tos.

My suggestion would be to mention the site if your customers ask for Web resources. If they don't ask, then it's up to you to venture the info or not. I'm definitely interested in reading other's point of view on this question.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:01 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

I tell because when people see ideas, sales go up. It doesn't matter to me if I case something from here to do at a camp because the site is so big that most likely people have not seen it anyway. I've actually told people at my camps "this was done by (pick a stamper), I found it on SCS"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I am a demo and I'm all for sharing this type of information!! I realize as a Demo I am not allowed to "market" other products or encourage folks to buy Brand X, etc. But I do know from my own personal experience prior to becoming a demo - that the more "flexible" and "accepting" a demo is of the fact that there are other products out there and other resources...and they share.....it makes for happier customers!! I'm really turned off by the whole "you can only use our product - every thing else is inferior" attitude that you sometimes come across - and I know others are as well. Like many of these previous posts have said....by viewing things on this website people have actually bought more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

yes - I'm a demo and yes I share this site with anyone who will listen....yup, yup, yup! It has increased business.....they see all the awesome samples and techniques and then want more stamps....I'm scrapping impaired so my scrapper customers get lots of ideas from here too.
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

You betcha I do! Some of my most favorite stampers have joined Stampin Up, in part from this site (hey Cristen and Chris, you KNOW it is true!). I have also met some fabulous women here that are dear friends now because of SCS, and I wouldn't hold that back from anyone.

I love sharing, and this site is so fantastic. I find that the majority of the people I refer here have no interest in what we have to say here in the forum and are completely fascinated with the gallery.

I sell a lot of stamps by shamelessly exposing my customers to this gallery. Heck! I have sold a lot to myself just by looking at the gallery (Jenn Balcer and your evil Cool Cat, get thee behind me!)

I have and will continue to refer my customers here. When there is controversy, we talk about it, and they seem to trust me enough to ask me about Viking and Prismacolors and all that other stuff too. Makes me feel good that they talk to me about it!

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I am not a demo - but my demo is the one who told me about this site. I am betting she is VERY happy she did - I went from a little order here and there, to FAITHFULLY ordering monthly !! I think everyone should know about it , because if they think they can't stamp or 'aren't creative' this site will inspire anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

My demo told me about this site ........ I came here, spent $700 in one month, booked another party, then signed up as a demo.

Best advertising for SU around!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I am such a fan of SCS that I tell all my friends and customers about it. They in turn get ideas and, if they like a sample, they order the set and the supplies that go with it. It's a win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #18  
kim
Crimping Master

I'm not a demo, but I'm the one who told 2 demos about this site. I knew about it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before they did. It sure is a great place to learn and get new ideas. Plus I spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more on SU than I did before.
Splitcoast member #593

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default recomendation!

Yes! I definitely recommend SCS!! My customers love this site. There's so many gifted people here and keeping that a secret is nearly impossible. I don't have THAT much time to come up with such awesome projects that I have to get some ideas from somewhere. SCS is just the logicial place to find them. (Working full time just gets in the way. Then there's the DH and baby.... hehehehe).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:01 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I do tell my customers about SCS! Especially when they say something like, "Wow...you are so creative! How do you always come up with so many great card ideas?" I can't take credit for being that creative! I merely hang out and absorb the creativity here .

Go Seahawks!
Mom to Daniel (9) and Emily (6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Absopositively!! I've included it in a few of my quarterly newsletters, as well as mentioning it at workshops. I always joke that if you're going to buy stamps from me, you have to promise to give them a good home. I don't want people to buy something, use it once, and then use it to prop up a table somewhere - or worse yet, never use it! Many people have commented that they can't come up with ideas, and this excellent resource makes that complaint completely invalid. And to echo what everyone else is saying, yes, I know that customers have specifically purchased things from me because of something they saw here.
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

I encourage all my stampin' and scrappin' friends to check out this site! I'm a mostly hobby demo, but have picked up so many great techniques here that I demonstrate at my monthly stamp camps (giving FULL credit to SCS, of course!). Besides the terrific tutorials that they can refer to, my customers can find SOOOO much inspiration in the gallery, as do I! I love how many different designs can come out of one stamp set! I believe in sharing the joy of SCS!
Sherri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:44 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Nope, I keep it all to myself!!!

Sike! Just kidding! :lol:

It's such a great resource, with such a wonderful group of individuals, knowledgeable on anything and everything you could think of (someone here always has the answer or shares an opinion or support, no matter what the question), how could you not share it!?!?!?

(I had to come back and edit because I had more to say but "baby velcro" cut me short, LOL!)

(Okay, typing with a fussy 7-month-old on my lap--don't try this...LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 11:45 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a demo (mostly hobby with bi-monthly stamp camps) and you bet I tell them about SCS! I tell them I never have to have an original idea again (although sometimes I do!) because I'm a great CASEr and SCS has more samples than I'll ever be able to even see! :lol:

And, I told them when the March special for 1/2 price sets came out, I went to the SCS gallery, checked out the samples for those sets and when I'd saved a dozen or more from any particular set, knew I'd have to have that set. I do the same thing when the mini's come out.

But then, I also tell my customers to use their M... and J... coupons for the stuff that is the same (crimper, mono tape, cutter, etc) and save their SU dollars for stamps, paper, ink etc. that they can't get anywhere else. Ya gotta make the most of the $$ you have!

happy stampin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

What demo wouldn't want to share this site? Think about how many stamp sets we have bought ourselves after seeing the amazing creations on this site (half of the sets I've bought since I came here I hadn't even liked before!), why wouldn't I want my customers to come and see the amazing artwork - both to get loads of amazing ideas and to get hooked on new stamp sets that they then just "have to have" (hopefully through me)!!!

I am also only one person, there is no way that I can physically show every technique to each of my customers (few though they may be), so this site is fabulous for its resources - I send my customers here so they can learn more new techniques than I can show them and these are from the pros! The chances are they will once again come back to me to buy the new accessories they now "have to have".

As far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win situation. I get to share a wonderful resource with my great customers, they get to spend hours and days on this website learning how much more they can do with stamps and inks! I get more business and they get to create more amazing pieces of art than they ever thought they were capable of. Everyone is happy ...

As I said, why wouldn't I want to share SCS??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 12:22 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a demo & yes I tell my customers. As a matter of fact, a customer phoned a few days ago to order a stamp set strictly based on what she saw here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 12:46 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Please tell, you will sell more, much more!

I am not a demo but love this site. My demo did tell me and I think becasue she told me I have order so much more because I see how to use things, I would never have learned about unless someone had told me. I love this site and SU loves me becasue I spend way too much money.

Please tell, you will sell more much more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Of course, whyever not???
Roberta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:13 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

My demo told me about this site along with maybe 6 or 7 others. Well, needless to say, this is the only one & have bookmarked. This site is so awesome, I share it with everyone!! I send my sisters links (they live in another state) and they can all see my work.
I spend half the night here and getting some great ideas, but mostly getting the best laughs I have had in a long time :lol: :lol: :lol:
So I say SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not a demo but I did share this site with both my last 2 demos!! Not sure if they share or not but I always do!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:25 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Default Of course I'll tell!

Milette is right, this site was a big part of turning me from practically brand-new customer to demo! I first touched an SU! product in November, attended a couple of Milette's events without buying anything, had two parties in February (one all by myself, and one with friends present), then signed up to be a demo in early March. What turned the tide? I discovered SCS just before my first purchase!

So in my case, SCS turned me from never-touched-SU! to a demo with 30 sets and rapidly climbing in less than three months! You bet I'll share it with customers!

Chris

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 PM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Yes! I tell everyone about this site, it was shared to me at my grand opening workshop when I became a demo and I tell everyone! If you are in a craft store or I think you may stamp some day I give it to you! This site is so wonderful and has so many samples from sets that people already own. It just helps them them get started and once you get started...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2005, 08:30 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

I introduced my demo to SCS! :lol:

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes