Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Feel like crying; need to vent!

I know many of you will be able to sympathize with me, so I am posting here so I don't scream. Maybe somebody has done something dumb like this.

I had major abdominal surgery 3 weeks ago. I am still sore, slow, and basically homebound. I thought I would try to do some stamping. I pull out my Nice & Narrow (retired?) set, which I recently purchased and unmounted. I go right down to the bare rubber. Anyway, I knew this would happen eventually, and it did. I had the stamps in the sink to clean. I was picking up the real tiny stamps and basically sliding them up the side of the sink to get into my hands, when 2 of the really tiny ones went into the overflow holes of the sink. You know, these are the holes that would prevent your sink from overflowing if you accidentally left the water running. I was able to retrieve one because it didn't go in far, but I've spent the last 80 minutes doing everything possible to find the other one. I disconnected the plumbing, ran water through the sink many times, used a vacume, stuck a pipecleaner with sticky stuff on the end. It is just gone. It was a tiny heart stamp, very small. Apart from disconnecting the sink from the water supply and unbolting it from the wall, I will never get it back. Believe me, I am tempted to do that, but my husband would not be happy.

I am such a "perfectionistic" person. I hate it when I'm missing a stamp out of a set, and I know it will bother me for some time. It is so DUMB. It's just a tiny heart stamp, but I am kicking myself because it "coordinates" with the stroller stamp. I guess the hormones are running rampant since my surgery. I will not buy another set just for that one tiny stamp, but I know whenever I think of it, I am going to be mad at myself. What a dumb thing to do.

Well, thanks for listening. Maybe I can find something similar at Michael's or Joann some day.

Hugs to you all.

Sandy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh no! Good luck, Sandy! Hugs back to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one I can mail to you if you send me your address. I have this set in my "don't know what to do with" pile. Now I can send the heart to you and you can start playing again!
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

I am so sorry. I have bad hands and I drop everything, they just don't have the suction (grip) anymore, so I am always afraid I am going to loose mine while cleaning them. I know how you feel. XOXO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Awwweee...I'm sorry to hear that...I hate things that happen like that because it's such a disappointment...you just wanna kick yourself...

Hope someone here can send you the missing stamp if there no longer using it...Hope you feel better soon...

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry this happened! I would be beside myself, too. Just be sure not to overexert yourself with all that fiddling with the plumbing - you just had surgery, and you don't want to hurt yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

BIG hugs headed your way, Sandy! I can SO relate...both to losing the stamp and to the "big abdominal surgery." Take some deep breaths...it'll get better, I promise.

I tell ya, it's amazing, the power of those stupid hormones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #8  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

{{{Hugs}}} I feel that way about the swirl stamp from Fresh Flowers which mysteriously disappeared - while I was cleaning up! It has been about a year and still no sign of it. Perhaps knowing what happened to your heart stamp can bring a small amount of comfort (hoping it can).

I'm not familiar with that set but I know a set from a past mini (Small Sayings?) includes a tiny heart stamp and the retired set called mini mates had a small heart image. If these work they might not be too hard (or expensive) to find.

Good luck!

Hugs,
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Oh this is terribly sad and I totally get it!
I had washed a set of clear CTMH stamps once, set them on a white paper towel to dry on the counter. I little boy I was watching came and dried his hands on the paper towel and threw it away! I tore the garbage apart and never found my beautiful stamps. The were really tiny ones too!
I'm feel so bad for you :( Good luck to you honey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that about your stamp. :(

The closest I can come to relating to that is the time when I popped out a (gas permeable) contact to clean it. I was standing in front of the bathroom sink - the lens fell off my finger & I heard it hit the sink. I looked and looked, but I never did find that lens. The worst of it was that I was getting ready for a first date and had to wear my glasses. bleh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Oh...I am so sorry...If I had one....it would send it to you! In a heartbeat! We all live and learn....don't beat yourself up about it.....Think of all of the others that you got successfully out of the sink! On the brighter side!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm so sorry about your loss. At least you know where your *lost* stamp is. I have a stamp missing from a set that I have no idea where it went. My kids all claim to not remember using it. It was a lovely stamp too with sea shells on it.:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by annburkeView Post
I have one I can mail to you if you send me your address. I have this set in my "don't know what to do with" pile. Now I can send the heart to you and you can start playing again!
Ann

I am so sorry to hear about your misfortune. :( But it looks like Ann saved the day! Awesome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

i feel your pain. that happened to me once. after that experience, whenever i wash my stamps, i line a colander with paper towels, plug the sink and do my washing in the colander. triple protection in my opinion.

hoping a replacement stamp comes to live with you soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #15  
dal
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by annburkeView Post
Ann
Way to go Ann! - That's what I love about splitcoast! Everyone really wants to help each other. I am so glad there is going to be a happy ending!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

So glad you have someone to replace your missing stamp. I am missing the small flower and leaf from paint prints and it seems like the ones you are missing are always the ones you want to use!! Get better some and make some really beautiful cards for us to see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I can totally relate. I know every non-stamper in the world would think we are nuts! I lost a teeny tiny strawberry stamp. I think it got lost in the garbage. But I never forgot about that silly little stamp and always think about it whenever I see a strawberry stamp.

We are weird people! Hormones and stamping. LETHAL.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Thank you, Ann, and everybody!

I have been in contact with Ann through PM, but I wanted to make a public post here and say thanks again. She really saved my sanity today! I know it's ridiculous how stirred up I got/get over these things. With people dying in tornadoes, people starving to death, and things of that nature, you would think I could just brush this off. I'm actually quite embarrassed.

I also want to thank you all for your support. SCS friends are the best, and I have always been able to get the right kind of answers, and quick! Within a couple of minutes, literally, many of you replied with kind notes of understanding that really brightened my day. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who does these types of things. I'm amazed that so many of you could relate to how I was feeling....hormones and all. I don't feel so alone anymore!

THANK YOU, EVERYBODY! Love to you all!

Hugs,
Sandy
Reply With Quote Likes