Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orders from Joanns...Problems?

Anyone having luck with orders from Joanns? The last 2 that I received were short items and they were not backordered, but canceled instead (CB Embossing Folders). It would seem to me that they would remove items from the web site that are no longer available. Other companies do. Just wondering if it is just me or if others are having this problem. I used to get pretty good service from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

no I couldnt get my order to go thru iether! it never went to the end! I need to call them and try to order that way!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

The last time I ordered from JoAnn's, half the order was out of stock. I didn't get an e-mail until several days later to let me know. I was disappointed, also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I just got my order, I had ordered two embossing folders with the free shipping. One was out of stock so it was just took off my order. I would have been mad if I had payed shipping so it wasnt a biggie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

If I remember right, Joann's does not do backorders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I just got my order today, I had ordered 3 cuttlebug folders and was short 1. They credited my acount for the folder, but I am still very dissappointed. I would have been more upset if I had paid for shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I ordered three CB embossing folders but only got one. I also would have been mad if I'd been paying the UPS charges on a box that was way too big for what was in it. You would think that a company the size of Joann's would be have a better on-line store capable of showing what was in stock. The folder I was most wanting was one that was out of stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had troule with my last two orders. Last week I placed an order and had a 50% off coupon and my confirmation showed 50% off one of the giga scalloped punches, then my credit card charge did not include the 50% off and neither did the packing slip. My calls to customer service have been futile.

A couple of months ago, I ordered several Cuttlebug embossing folders. They shipped the correct number of folders but not the ones that I ordered.

Prior orders were fine but, I may not order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The last time I ordered from Joanns, they sent the wrong punch (envelope instead of circle) and included two $17.95 each Ott lightbulbs that I did not even order!!!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I ordered the square scalloped punch on June 2nd and wasn't notified that the order was cancelled. I checked to see what the shipping date was today and found out that it was cancelled on June 5th. I wish they would have sent me an e-mail about the cancellation. I'm really disappointed.

My Little Gallery https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=39969
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

eek... i just ordered the CB and 7 embossing folders from them.. i hope that i get them all.. and the right ones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

I have ordered twice in the last 2 weeks. Both orders came fast and were complete. Guess maybe I was lucky!?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

i hope i have the same luck!! i want my stuff asap :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #14  
neglecting the kids and housework

I placed an order on May 27 for three CB folders and 1 die. Right after I entered my CC # their page went blank. I had to wait until after the holiday to call and see if it went thru. Called, waited on hold for over 20 minutes, but I needed to know. Yes it went thru. So then I see on here that the floral folder I ordered comes in wrong (you get divine swirl instead). Ticked me off so I check my order sure enough it says divine swirl. Well I wait until June 4 to check my order status. Nothing comes up. Site say 8-12 days so not sweating it too much, but wondering why it's not even listed. Shows up unexpected on June 5. Opened it and get the wrong folder just like I thought. I had already emailed my concerns about that and wanted to know about my order the same day. Next day I wait on hold for 25 minutes before giving up. Good thing it was only $3.49. Way after that (June 6) I get an email and all it says is that my order was delivered June 5. No reference to their jacked up website miswording the description so when you order by picture it's wrong. Won't be ordering on line from them again.

Sorry for the long vent, but it seems like I was in good company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

it crazy a bigger company like this is messing up so much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

bwstamper-- I would call the Customer Service number. Be prepared to be on hold a while, but they may let you apply the 50% coupon to another punch. This is what they let me do when I called 2 days ago.

I just recently started ordering from Joann.com and had the same problems. I used a 50% off coupon on the Giga scalloped circle, my account showed some screwy stuff (a lot to explain) and my credit card was charged a lesser amount than my invoice showed it should have been. The Giga scalloped circle at the time had gone out of stock (I ordered over Memorial Day, I'm chalking it up to not updating the system during the three day weekend), but I was not notified AT ALL. I never received an order confirmation email or anything that followed up saying the item was out of stock. I just received my order with the other 4 items I ordered and a "We apologize for the inconvenience..."

However, I called their Customer Service number (I was on hold for a long time) and the lady that I spoke with let me apply the 50% off to another item (I got the Giga plain oval punch) and didn't charge me shipping. So, I was happy with how the problem was resolved.

Also, I guess they recently updated their system, so email to Customer Service is taking FOREVER (i.e. I sent an email to them on 5/25/07 and just received a response TODAY 6/7/07). I didn't receive email order confirmations for my orders on 5/25 & 5/27, either. However, I placed an order today and received an email confirmation immediately, so that must be fixed now.

It's a bit upsetting, because if you don't read through the order confirmation email COMPLETELY, you don't realize that they have this nice disclaimer:

"Due to popularity some item(s) may be out of stock.
Should this occur, the item(s) will be cancelled and the rest of your order shipped. You will receive a separate e-mail advising of any out of stock product(s)."

While their system was messed up, I never received communication about ANYTHING!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

I hate Joann's.com. Same story, ordered a scallop punch, never got it, called, was on hold forever, found out they cancelled my order and I never got notified. The cs rep wasn't real helpful either. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. What a mess, and from a company of their size, too! Unacceptable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I ordered 5 embossing folders about 6 days ago....I got an order number & have been patiently waiting for my shipment. But having read of similar stories of trouble, I wondered if they simply cancelled my order & didn't tell me. I tried calling them today, but the customer service wasn't even taking any calls. I called during operating hours, but all I got was a prerecorded message....telling me to call during operating hours!

Anyways, then I go back to the website to see if I can track the order, and I get no luck at all. I apparently didn't register yet (even though I thought I was, when I was inputting all my billing/shipping info), and so I can't check "My Account". There is another link that says "Order status", where I can put in my order number, but it doesn't do anything. It takes me to another page, w/o any information regarding my order.

So, I don't know what to do, except keep trying to call or maybe email them. I guess the other thing is to check my credit card bill online....gotta go figure out how to do that now....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

called the customer service phone number this morning - now the prerecorded message says that their customer care department is "temporarily closed" - guess i'm gonna have to resort to email & more waiting.
Reply With Quote Likes