Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing Ribbon Help

I feel the need to buy some ribbon! I am on Jacksonbelle's ebay store and want to get some May Arts ribbon but I can't decide. I am loving the striped ribbon, already have some of the polka dot and want more, I just can't decide which colors to get. I need some help. What are you all using and loving? Thanks for your help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, ribbon...it seems that no matter what I bring home, I go to make a card and wish I had something else! So, if it's not that expensive, and you have space for it, I say get it! You never know when you will want that strange combination of olive, fuschia, eggplant, beige...with stripes or dots... and there you have it in your collection!

My mom had a Swedish saying that is the equivalent of 'better to have and not need, than need and not have'

That is my ribbon philosophy! HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

actually since you asked... i have been in love with the plaid ones and the sheer! but that is just me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2
Ah, ribbon...it seems that no matter what I bring home, I go to make a card and wish I had something else!
Isn't that the truth! I always need whatever it is I don't have on hand! I always make sure to have plenty of white organza and grosgrain so I can dye it if I need too. I also keep black and white (1/4 and 3/80n and brown and tan gingham (3/ on hand, they match everything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm an enabler and loved to be enabled when it comes to ribbon. LOL. I like to buy ribbon by the spool if it's something that can be used for lots of projects. The stuff I just can't pass up for one reason or another, I buy only 1 - 3 yards. By purchasing in small quantities, I can collect lots and lots! And you'd be surprised how many projects one yard of ribbon can embellish! LOL. Works for me! My favorite ribbon? Definitely black gingham. How about the rest of you?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

[QUOTE=cardmaker2]Ah, ribbon...it seems that no matter what I bring home, I go to make a card and wish I had something else! QUOTE]
Exactly why I need to buy more I want it all, but of course I need to scale back my choices. that's why I need your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'll try again! I tend to have two or three kinds of the same colour so I can add to tags or whatever- the personal fave's of mine might be red gingham, dotted and solid, for example. I have a bit of 1/4 inch usually, of probably every colour but not everything that is available. As mentioned, I buy in small lengths so I can have lots of fun ones. I keep white, cream and black organza for more elegant cards. I have two or three shades of wide organza right now that you would see in my gallery on wedding cards. I have some fun dotted and striped rolls in funky colours that my kids like, I try to have something on hand that inspires them too.

Sound rather detailed? Somehow I hope it helps. I try to think ahead seasonally too, get more springy colours now, not Christmassy, until later on when I might have more room to store.
Reply With Quote Likes