Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #2641  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, Valerie! I am just down the road from you in Hurst! I am really thinking of going with the regular E. Can the E2 do anything special?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #2642  
Matboard Maniac

sewnmachine, I would love for you to post after you get your E and let us know what you think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #2643  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by dairy queenView Post
I was able to find the regular E at walmart.com of all places! I just learned on the E last momth and I really didn't want to learn another version. Plus of course all the negative reviews I found on the E2. Just wasn't comfortable with it. So yayyy us, will be so much fun playing!
Yay!! So excited for you!! A friend of mine ordered her Big Shot from their website and then they told her when she could pick it up at her local store. So easy.
I haven't had my new Pink Expression for a month yet, but have really been having a blast!!
Warning though= don't be so anxious to cut something that you do not prepare your mat enough! I put a piece of card stock on mine and I think I only removed it twice and was so excited "I have to cut something and try it out!!" O boy!! I reeeaaallllyyy did a dumb thing...I didn't want to "waste" a good piece of paper so I put a piece paper that was my least favorite...select , cut ...and o my!! I didn't think I was ever going to get that ugly piece of paper off my mat!!!! The fact that it was thin junky scrapbook paper just made it a night mare!...I still had to prep my mat a little after that still. I was thinking it was like a giant glue board you could catch a mouse on! lol
Happy Cricuting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #2644  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by paigewithpanacheView Post
Yay!! So excited for you!! A friend of mine ordered her Big Shot from their website and then they told her when she could pick it up at her local store. So easy.
I haven't had my new Pink Expression for a month yet, but have really been having a blast!!
Warning though= don't be so anxious to cut something that you do not prepare your mat enough! I put a piece of card stock on mine and I think I only removed it twice and was so excited "I have to cut something and try it out!!" O boy!! I reeeaaallllyyy did a dumb thing...I didn't want to "waste" a good piece of paper so I put a piece paper that was my least favorite...select , cut ...and o my!! I didn't think I was ever going to get that ugly piece of paper off my mat!!!! The fact that it was thin junky scrapbook paper just made it a night mare!...I still had to prep my mat a little after that still. I was thinking it was like a giant glue board you could catch a mouse on! lol
Happy Cricuting!
Oh this is too funny!!! So cute to describe as a giant glue board. I can so relate to this story!

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #2645  
Matboard Maniac

Sew Machine! Congrats on your purchase. Personally I think I would feel comfortable and prefer a refurbished model when it comes to Cricut. They have been put through all the test individually and pass. I do not think the ones off the assembly line are as closely inspected.

DCtalkTexas...OMG! You are right down the road! I do not have any crafty friends so I would love to get together and meet.

Blessings.
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM   #2646  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

do I see BEDFORD??????

I work in Irving and live in Azle!

There is a GREAT scrapbook store out in Mineral Wells!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #2647  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
Oh this is too funny!!! So cute to describe as a giant glue board. I can so relate to this story!
My dear wonderful husband was sitting there busting a gut watching me!! lol I told him "See! even adults gets anxious about their toys!" lol I was sitting their thinking "I can't believe I just did that!!" I knew better
I saw on your blog you have the Folk Art cartridge from Michaels and was trying to find it online but for some reason I couldn't find a listing for it. Do you know if it is only available in store? I live and hour away from their store and who knows when I will get there. I will look again online .
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #2648  
Matboard Maniac

Lazorkay...WOW! You have a LONG daily commute! Traffic and construction is so HORRIBLE right now! If there was a way to craft while you are stuck in traffic....hhmmm....that would be great!

I'll bet they would make it illegal though...RATS!

Blessings,
Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #2649  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by paigewithpanacheView Post
My dear wonderful husband was sitting there busting a gut watching me!! lol I told him "See! even adults gets anxious about their toys!" lol I was sitting their thinking "I can't believe I just did that!!" I knew better
I saw on your blog you have the Folk Art cartridge from Michaels and was trying to find it online but for some reason I couldn't find a listing for it. Do you know if it is only available in store? I live and hour away from their store and who knows when I will get there. I will look again online .
Thanks
At least you both got a good laugh out of it!

Yes, Folk Art is only available in M's stores only.

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #2650  
Matboard Maniac

Happy Thanksgiving all! Valerie that would be great! Lazorkay is right about that store. I have spent some money there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #2651  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Question about the Cake Mini

I have a brand new Cake Mini... I got it on sale for $30 a few months ago, and never used it. Can I use it to cut paper? I was going to sell it, but then saw a post where its about the same as a Personal Cricut... Can I take it out the box and use it like one?

Thanks for all the tips ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #2652  
Polyshrink Goddess

I believe you can - yes. I think the main difference with the "Cake" is the food safe hardware. I think alot of women use it for paper crafting. Probably the recommendation would be to not use it for food materials after it has been used with paper. Honestly though, I think if you cleaned off your cutting blade and rollers etc.... you could use it either way.

Just remember, the mat that comes with your cake is NOT the same mat to use with paper. You need the sticky mat for that. The cake mat is smooth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #2653  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NessaLynnView Post
I have a brand new Cake Mini... I got it on sale for $30 a few months ago, and never used it. Can I use it to cut paper? I was going to sell it, but then saw a post where its about the same as a Personal Cricut... Can I take it out the box and use it like one?

Thanks for all the tips ladies!
Yes, I've done it. You have to use regular sticky mats and replace the cake blade housing with the regular housing/blade. I just removed all of the food-safe protectors, because I still use it as a cake machine too. When I want to cut paper, I switch everything out. I also make sure that my regular mat is clean on the bottom, and I don't cut anything with glitter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #2654  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies! It's been awhile since I've used my Gypsy. When I went to turn it on last night, all I got was a blue light and a black screen. Upon further research, I am I finding they are calling this the "blue light, black screen of death" which means my Gypsy is DEAD! So of course I think that stinks. Have any of you experienced this? If so, is it true that my Gypsy is dead?
My next question is about Cricut CraftRoom. If I have that and figure out how to use it; do I even need the Gypsy anymore?
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #2655  
Polyshrink Goddess

If your Gypsy is truly dead, life will go on without it. With Cricut Craft Room you can do everything (and some things much easier) that you did on the Gypsy. I like CCR much better than my Gypsy because I can see my images better on a big computer screen, and you can also add color to your layers.

Download the application to your desktop - and when you use it you will need to be connected to the internet. And also have space on your crafting desk to accomodate your computer.

However! The cartridges that are linked to your Gypsy can NOT at this time be linked to CCR. That means, that when you are ready to cut out your image, you will be prompted to insert the necessary cartridges into your machine. This can be a PITA if you are using several carts on a particular cut. But.. it is, what it is. Provo Craft has been working on a fix for this for 2 years now, and still haven't come forth with a solution. And women are mad!!!

But anyway, in my opinion, CCR is much more user friendly than my Gypsy. Others will disagree. But right now you have nothing to lose by trying it out. I think you will like it though.

Regarding your Gypsy.... yes - you have the black screen of death. Check out the Gypsy forum on the cricut message boards..... it might be fixable. Or call PC customer service and they might have you try a few things before pronouncing it dead.

If it really IS dead, then what other ladies have done is buy a new Gypsy, send in your dead one WITH your new one and PC will re-serialize your new one so all of your carts can be re linked. That's alot of hassle, not to mention expense.

I know when my Gypsy dies I will use CCR or just make do with my carts as for a stand alone machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #2656  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
If your Gypsy is truly dead, life will go on without it. With Cricut Craft Room you can do everything (and some things much easier) that you did on the Gypsy. I like CCR much better than my Gypsy because I can see my images better on a big computer screen, and you can also add color to your layers.

Download the application to your desktop - and when you use it you will need to be connected to the internet. And also have space on your crafting desk to accomodate your computer.

However! The cartridges that are linked to your Gypsy can NOT at this time be linked to CCR. That means, that when you are ready to cut out your image, you will be prompted to insert the necessary cartridges into your machine. This can be a PITA if you are using several carts on a particular cut. But.. it is, what it is. Provo Craft has been working on a fix for this for 2 years now, and still haven't come forth with a solution. And women are mad!!!

But anyway, in my opinion, CCR is much more user friendly than my Gypsy. Others will disagree. But right now you have nothing to lose by trying it out. I think you will like it though.

Regarding your Gypsy.... yes - you have the black screen of death. Check out the Gypsy forum on the cricut message boards..... it might be fixable. Or call PC customer service and they might have you try a few things before pronouncing it dead.

If it really IS dead, then what other ladies have done is buy a new Gypsy, send in your dead one WITH your new one and PC will re-serialize your new one so all of your carts can be re linked. That's alot of hassle, not to mention expense.

I know when my Gypsy dies I will use CCR or just make do with my carts as for a stand alone machine.
Thanks for your response. I think I will survive without buying a new Gypsy. I rarely used it and you are right about that small screen. I downloaded CCR awhile ago and just haven't had time to fool with it. Lately it's more about what other's want me to design than what I want to design. It's just that time of year.
As far as using different carts on one project and having to load them, I have the Cricut Jukebox so, I'm wondering if I inserted the carts in the jukebox and then connected the jukebox if that would work?
Anyways, it will probably be awhile before I get to anything that complicated anyways.
Thanks again for your time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #2657  
Matboard Maniac

Well-it seems that I too may have " the BLACK DEATH" on my Gypsy! UGH!!! I LOVE my Gypsy-even tho she hasn't been used in the past six months-but neverless -I do love her. It is VERY disappointing that the best Provo will do is have me buy another!! REALLY??..sad thing -like many others- I have all my carts linked to my G and and the other sad thing-is the investment of all those carts..... I have been seeing alot about the Cameo-seems like that may be in my future-just hate eating the $$ for the carts I have purchased! UGH!!!!!

-Also-I just jumped onto the Cricut Message board (I think!) sure was lonely-maybe I am on the wrong one?? oh well-thanks for listening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #2658  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sherry,

Don't abandon your investment because your Gypsy died! Try Cricut Craft Room. I just posted this on the Cricut message board;

I just wanted to pop in here and give a shout out for CCR!! It works with all my machines and I love it.

I'm making several Solstice cards, and I started out with my Gypsy. I gave up on that....too small, too frustrating. For quick small projects I do fine with the Gypsy or even just using my machines with cartridges.

But this project was more involved. So, I fired up CCR and went to town. Geez - it's like night and day. I think what I find so appealing is that the mat is large, and I can color my layers.

I got all of my carts out to pop into the machine when prompted and everything cut out perfectly. AND I was using a refurb Expression that I got on Black Friday.

Now, PC - please please please get cranking on fixing CCR so my Gypsy linked carts can be linked to CCR. When that happens this program/application will be perfect! (imho).

I will gladly, willingly move from my Gypsy to CCR and not look back.

ps - btw, I finally worked up the nerve to update my Gypsy - and everything went smooth. So I was able to go ahead and link Suburbia and TBBM2.

I may be tempting fate here, I better just leave well enough alone now for a while.

If you have alot of cartridges you might as well use them either as stand alones with your machines or with CCR. If you try to sell the carts as linked to a Gypsy, you probably won't get much return on the money you've spent (unless of course you have Hello Kitty)..... but before you go with another cutting system maybe re-evaluate how you can still use what you have. If not having the Gypsy is a deal breaker for you, then maybe a silhouette is in your future. But you will still need to use a computer for that. So, try out CCR before you ditch the whole Cricut thing.

Of course this is all your own personal preference - I'm just on a Cricut high right now because the Cricut Craft Room is working like it's supposed to. Tomorrow might be a different story.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #2659  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I believe it.

The Gods were smiling on me last week when I updated mine - but even as I was updating I knew if something went horribly wrong I wouldn't be that upset.

The Gypsy is a wonderful little device, but not worth the aggrevation and anxiety of updating. Just one more thing to stress out about.

So basically I'd be happy with just using my cartridges - and now - hooking up to Cricut Craft Room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #2660  
Matboard Maniac

:oops:Thought I better give you an update...ummmm...... maybe user error?? (or LACK of use!!) But did take the time to update my G.. ...(maybe sounds stupid! but not sure -THINK I may have just updated firmware!) afraid to go further with an update-but ! She is working again!! Not sure what the most recent update is.....I have PaperDolls Teens-and didn't see that on my G after I updated....may just go with it as it is for now.....don't want to tempt fate! Guess I am going to need to check out the CR...just love not having to mess with the carts! THANKS ALL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #2661  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cricut DS firmware Update??? Reset?

hoping someone can tell me what version of firmware my cricut E will be uprgaded to if i update through the DS?

i am trying to finish some x-mas projects and it is acting wonky....

also has anyone followed these 'reset' directions? was it successful?
Cricut Troubleshoot: How to reset the Cricut machine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2662  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I updated the refurb Expression I got on Black Friday. I used my Gypsy to update and it's now on 2.43
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #2663  
Insane Embellisher

Just got a cricut from my amazing boyfriend for Christmas...can't wait to try it out!!!!!!!

Kristan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #2664  
Rubber Obsessor

Great Boyfriend... You will love the cricut too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #2665  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Congratulations Kristan! You are going to love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #2666  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, you will love it. And after you've become familiar with the machine download the free Cricut Craft Room application. There you can use either your cartridges or buy their digital images.

At least you can make an informed choice on which way you want to go - digital or cartridge or a combination of both.

In any event, you'll have alot of fun. The Cricut message board has alot of helpful information if you have a question.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2667  
Polyshrink Goddess

So, I've been wanting to cut with vinyl for a while now. Watched youtube videos and everything. But the cost and color selection was nothing I really liked.

I just bought a roll of Contact Creative Covering in the shelf liner section of Walmart. $5.28 for a roll 18" wide, 24'long.

OMG!!!! This is sooooo cool! I cut off a small piece to play with. My cricut cuts it like butter. No multi cut needed.

Then I peeled it away from the backing and just stuck it onto my craft mat. The surface is sort of slick and I wanted to stamp on it. So I laid a thin coat of Gesso on it and let it dry.
Would you believe I can then color it with my stamp pads, use my Spectrum Noir markers or stamp a design, glue glitter..... anything you can put on paper you can use on this.

The sticky back is so awesome. It will securely stick to virtually anything, but best of all will also just peel right back off with no residue.

The first thing I'm gonna do is decorate my Cricuts and sewing machines. Then I'm gonna do some wall decor for my sewing room and craft room. I love this because it's just to easy to use!

I also did a few practice cuts with 3/4" designs and the Cricut cuts this as cleanly as paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #2668  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachineView Post
So, I've been wanting to cut with vinyl for a while now. Watched youtube videos and everything. But the cost and color selection was nothing I really liked.

I just bought a roll of Contact Creative Covering in the shelf liner section of Walmart. $5.28 for a roll 18" wide, 24'long.

OMG!!!! This is sooooo cool! I cut off a small piece to play with. My cricut cuts it like butter. No multi cut needed.

Then I peeled it away from the backing and just stuck it onto my craft mat. The surface is sort of slick and I wanted to stamp on it. So I laid a thin coat of Gesso on it and let it dry.
Would you believe I can then color it with my stamp pads, use my Spectrum Noir markers or stamp a design, glue glitter..... anything you can put on paper you can use on this.

The sticky back is so awesome. It will securely stick to virtually anything, but best of all will also just peel right back off with no residue.

The first thing I'm gonna do is decorate my Cricuts and sewing machines. Then I'm gonna do some wall decor for my sewing room and craft room. I love this because it's just to easy to use!

I also did a few practice cuts with 3/4" designs and the Cricut cuts this as cleanly as paper.

Terrific idea - thanks for posting.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #2669  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also ran it through my Cuttlebug using cuttlebug dies, nesties and an embossing folder. Perfect every time.

Because the contact paper is thin, colored and decorated (and even embossed) this could be used in place of washi tape I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #2670  
Insane Embellisher

Can I just say that I have found a new love for my Cricut!! The group of crafters I craft with have purchased every embossing machine known to man and I have held off. I came "SO" close to breaking down and purchasing the Spellbinder, BUT instead, I have recently purchased two different cartridges, one from CM and the other from CTMH, I absolutely "LOVE" both of them and the fact that it's like having 6-7 cartridges in one. Love~LOVE~Love and I am now using them for cardmaking which I had never done in the past.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #2671  
Polyshrink Goddess

Which cartridges did you get?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #2672  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I have heard the CM & CTMH cartridges are THE CARTRIDGES TO GET! I haven't got them yet, lol. I am so ashamed. ;) I really need too. They are so beautiful and worth every dime.

I am usually known for getting all the hot cartridges too. When Kate's ABC's came out. I had it. When Create A Critter came out. I had it. If it was a hot cartridge I had it. I have yet to get any of the CM, CTMH, Create A Critter 2 or Teddy Bear Parade. New cartridges are going to start coming out this month. I really need to get busy, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #2673  
Embossing Fanatic

I have both of the CTMH carts and I would especially advise them for anyone just starting to buy carts because of their variety.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #2674  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela PalmView Post
I have both of the CTMH carts and I would especially advise them for anyone just starting to buy carts because of their variety.:p
I agree, tons of images, and lots of versatility; everything from images, alphabets, backgrounds for mounting/frames, tags, cards, borders, boxes.......you get the picture. Between the two, they have it all!!

I've just gotten my drive back to craft, and am having a ball. I'm glad I have the E2, have heard some comments of disappointment (nothing specific) about the Cameo. So, glad I've stayed with the Cricut and all my cartridges.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #2675  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just poppin' in to say that I too still love my Cricut. There are so many different intricate dies out there nowadays but, it's costly to invest in all the different ones. One cartridge that I absolutely love and recommend to anyone that is a cardmaker and loves having different shapes of layers that the die-cuts would offer is Elegant Edges. You will love this cartridge! It's amazing what it offers. Also if you like decorative corners that's a feature on the Storybook Font cartridge. Anything from simple to intricate decorative corners. It's an older cart too so, the price has probably come down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #2676  
Polyshrink Goddess

So...I am the proud new owner of an Expression 2 (I gave away my original Cricut and Expression 1 to two new scrapbooking girlfriends.) I've never done the Craft Room or Gypsy or anything other than pop my cartrige in and cut...is there any way for me to share cartridges with my sister in Maine? She has a few I don't own...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #2677  
Embossing Fanatic

I don't know how to share them without shipping the physical cart back and forth and then you might as well buy your own.

On another thought, is anyone using the free images on Cricut Craft Room? I was so disappointed the other day. They had the new Creative Cards cart on there but only about half of the images from it. Then, I think it was Thursday evening that I noticed the cart showed a lot more images. I cut one out and it was getting late so I figured I would cut more in the morning. Boo Hoo, when I woke up the whole cart was gone!
So my question is.... had the whole cart been there the whole week and for some reason didn't show all of the images on my CCR or did they only put those other images up for one day?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #2678  
Kookie Creator

Okay I tried to update my gypsy and I got a " bridge error". How do I fix this? If it can't be fixed, can I update it on a different computer. My friend has a computer she will let me use, will this work, or just screw it up more? TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #2679  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra BusseView Post
Okay I tried to update my gypsy and I got a " bridge error". How do I fix this? If it can't be fixed, can I update it on a different computer. My friend has a computer she will let me use, will this work, or just screw it up more? TIA
I think I got that message on my last update as well. What worked for me was disconnecting everything and starting from the beginning connecting it all again. It then worked perfectly. It was as though there wasn't a good connection. That has happened a couple of times, and I just disconnect everything and start from scratch, it usually solves the situation.

Using another computer shouldn't be a problem, I would guess. When I took a class, the instructor used her laptop to update the machines of a couple of students, so don't see where that would be an issue. Good luck with your Gypsy update!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #2680  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Here's some helpful tips for Bridge error. This is for Windows computer. I don't know the Mac steps. Sorry to anyone if you have a Mac.

Restart your computer. I know this seems a bit silly but Cricut uses Adobe Air. Adobe products like a restart after installing.

Turn off your Anti-Virus and Firewall. This is usually what is causing the Bridge errors for the most part with the Cricut machines.

Do not have CCR & Cricut Sync open at the same time. They use the same Bridge. One can only be opened at a time.

Last one for Bridge error- http://support.provocraft.com/user

A couple of other things I have noticed with Bridge error it seems to plague Windows 7 more than the other Window versions. There is a bug in Windows 7 that could cause this. I had a couple of USB errors that were not Cricut related but had similar behaviors due to the Bridge error.

I hope that helps.

Reply With Quote Likes