Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate for idead's for a fundraiser for a lady with cancer...

My Mom just called & at her Husbands work there is a lady that has Breast cancer:( & just had a mascetomy (I hope I spelled this right) & they are holding a Bake & Craft sale to help her with all the overwelming medical bills & they need donations for little craft items to sell. My mom is donating tons of baked items (she's a chef) & she has called on me for the craft items... The same company held a fundraiser to help my Daughter go to Europe this Summer & I am really excited to return the favor & help this lady and her family that has been through so much all ready. Anyway if anyone has any great Halloween or Christmas Craft ideas(The sale is on Oct. 20th) of any kind I can whip up please post to this thread or pm me.
Thanks, Tntsmom (Stefanee)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you considered:

Boxed sets of notecards
Simple altered clipboards (there are tons of ACs here in the galleries) that are actually functional, not just decorative
Mini albums (scrapbooks), holiday themed
Altered comp books for journals
Packaging for holiday food gifts
Candles
Jewelry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you think its the proper forum, you could do a large stamp camp. A fellow demo here did that for her sister - sort of like a stamp a stack, but people just paid for the ones they made and didn't have to make them all.

several of us in the same upline donated supplies for simple cards that people could make themselves with very little instruction. we all cut enough for 20 cards and she ended up with about 20 different designs. she also had pre-made cards for sale.

she made $1500 in a weekend for her sisters medical bills. don't know if the area where the sale is will support this or not, but its an idea.

good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With Christmas right around the corner, I'd suggest Christmas card sets, stationery sets, book-marks, and Christmas ornaments.

I make mini-books as ornaments for my family every year and they love them. You can make little accordion-fold books, stab bindings, matchbox books, etc. This year, I decided to take the set of chipboard tags I bought and make them into Christmas ornaments. Can't post a pic for you, but they are easy and a great way to use up scraps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 05:33 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I would suggest boxes of all purpose cards...or even put a nice basket of single cards and sell them for $2 each or 6 for $10.

I gave my sister a bunch of cards and we turned a bunch of swap cardfronts into card to raise money for Relay for Life...she just put them in a basket and charged the above price - a lot of people gave a little more and with about 75 cards she ended up raising almost $200
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 08:47 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm doing my first ever craft fair in mid-October.... and I am doing some Halloween "goody" bags and some of the nugget boxes. I'm also doing a lot of Christmas Cards, Paint Cans, Name Frame's. But I really think my best seller is going to be just individual cards (especially Halloween and Christmas). Just by submitting my samples to see if they would give me a booth I have already sold over 50 halloween cards (check my gallery for the halloween card with the pumpkins in the window) I have had serveral people buy them for Halloween parties for small children. I have also already sold a lot of my Christmas Cards. It's only about $4 at a time, but you would be suprised how fast it adds up, and its really fast and easy to do quantities of the same card! Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Oh, I forgot.... other best seller, stamped candles!

Dream like you will live forever......Live like you will be gone tomorrow."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks everyone for the great ideas.. I am really excited to start on this project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

2-4-6-8 Boxes stamped and filled with candy for halloween would be really cute! I don't "do" halloween, but if I did I would do these : )
Reply With Quote Likes