Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:38 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For three years I felt proud of myself for not owning one CHristmas set, and still making all my own Christmas cards. I would scavage through all my sets seeking for individual holiday images. I had MANY!!! I was suprized. A bulb in the mini mates, a snowman in the tags and more set, "merry Christmas" in all year cheer. The list went on and on! Since I am a demo, my customers thought I was funny not owning a Christmas set! I ran Christmas stamp-a-stacks without a single Christmas set! Honestly I was just being thrifty with my money, but it showed how great the versatile sets really are, and this year I finally invested in a Chirstmas sets...Festive Favorites! However, I will admit I ran my August Christmas Club using the Basic Buds flower set making them into pointsettas!!! Another now-holiday set for Christmas cards!

Chistmas cards are very fun! Go make yourself some! Use a versatile set, or buy a specific holiday set! It makes it so much more personal, and the card is a gift in itself!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #42  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
Dotted Background with sayings from Glad Tidings (LOVE those sayings)
I never noticed how cool the Glad Tidings set is. And yes, it is perfect with the Dotted BG. Do the sayings in Glad Tidings give you different degrees of darkness like the Dotted BG stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

I completely agree with glad tidings and dotted. I have considered that as well. How cute would it look to have one green and the other red?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

I love anything with snowflakes, so I'll definitely use Snowflakes and The Snowflake Spots for my cards this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

I will be doing a variety this year -if I get motivated enough, that is. I think I will be using Lovely as a Tree, Silent Night (already completed) and Crazy for Christmas. I need to give Frosty a break before using him again.

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also will be doing a variety of cards this year. I plan on using Festive Favorites, The Snowflake Spot, Bundle Up, and Solemn Stillness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doris
This year my plan is to use the A Muse stamp "Santa's Cookies". I have it all designed, but haven't ordered the stamp...yet. The card is going to be quite simple because I make 85 cards a year, and like the look of a simple card. Once I have it completed, I will upload it for all to see.
Well I changed my mind, and used the "Prancer" stamp instead...here is what it looks like:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I fell in love with the sparkle sticker for the nose, so that did it for me. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Most likely I will use anna griffin christmas stamps, scrapgoods wreathes, and TAC pointsettia.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
I will probably use the Happiest of Holidays set plus two of the jumbo wheels, quick and easy!
Me too and I am also going to use the Snowflake Spot with something else, haven't decided what yet.
I may also use the Stampendous Fluffles clear set and Merry, love them. I love Christmas sets, so I have lots to choose from! :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM   #50  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslauri
I am a Christmas Freak!!! So I make about a bazillion different cards. Even my postman and sanitation workers get handstamped cards from me!

From SU I will be using the Sassy and Seasonal and the new ornament set. From TAC, I've made some (yes, I start in June, told ya, Christmas Freak!) with Train Collage, Cheers, May Your Merry, Ho Ho Ho and the new Christmas Hostess set whose name escapes me. I'm planning on using "One Bright Star" for my religious cards.

If you don't have Christmas sets, remember, many flowers quickly become pointsettias, most foliage with a few drops of red glitter glue becomes holly, and angels are always appropriate. Gift stamps from birthday sets are too.
LOL you sound like me--and you're just south of where I am! I start in June as well and make 4-8 copies of about 15-20 designs each year. (DH is in the Air Force and our Christmas card list is a mile long!) I have a bazzilion Christmas stamps, mostly from HA and SU! Just placed an order for a bunch of new HA Christmas stamps today and can't wait to play.

To the OP--sorry to hijack for a moment there. I'm using a bunch of different sets that are retired (a holy family one and mother and child one whose names I can't remember... and some others), and I'm looking forward to playing with Snowflake Spot, my only new one this year. I usually make a few with Frosty each year as well.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes