Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn between signup of to TAC or SU

I've been long familiar with SU and have just received my first catalog
from TAC. Wow! It really bowled me over. I love their papers and alot of their stamps.

Would anyone be willing to give me their insight as to how they made their decision to sign up for one or the other? They're both very comprehensive, and I know I'd love giving demo's, having taught quilting and several other sewing related things for many years.

Thanks to everyone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I signed with TAC because of the low qouta's. I've been with them for 4 years and have never regreted a moment.:p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know much about TAC, but I have heard some good things. I just browsed their online catalog and their stuff is cute! I myself am an SU demo and have loved SU for years!

Some things to consider:
  • Which company has compensation that suits you better? IE Free product, product discount, commission
  • Which company's quotas suits you better?
  • Which company has the perks you are looking for?
  • Which company has the same values/business policy that you'd what to uphold?
Basically what I am saying is look at both companies, find out what they are all about and pick the one that you would be most comfortable investing your time and money in. And most of all, which company would be the most FUN for you? Good luck in your decision and keep us posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I agree with the above comments. You have to go with your gut. Also, if you have a potential customer base, think about them. Who are they going to go NUTS for? The best way is to do what my Dad always tells me....write out a pro and con list. You'll see everything in black and white and that may help you out.

Admittedly, I know nothing about TAC. I've been a SU demo now for 1 1/2 years and have enjoyed the experience more than you can imagine. Good luck with your decision! I hope you enjoy your new business!

Check out My Blog or My SU Website

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #5  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkjohnston
I've been long familiar with SU and have just received my first catalog
from TAC. Wow! It really bowled me over. I love their papers and alot of their stamps.

Would anyone be willing to give me their insight as to how they made their decision to sign up for one or the other? They're both very comprehensive, and I know I'd love giving demo's, having taught quilting and several other sewing related things for many years.

Thanks to everyone.
I think you have to look at what style of stamps and the overall catalog you like better. Both have things that are great and I think both companies have good products. I think if you are looking at quotas the TAC quota is low (from what I understand $100 a quarter) and SU is a bit higher at $300 a quarter. I will say that I started out as a hobby demo for SU and have (in 3 years) only had 1 party that has not made the $300 on its own. I have found SU to be a GREAT fit for me and the only thing I wish I had done differently is sign up sooner rather than wait. ;)

*Look at what products you and your friends are drawn to (if you will be selling to friends)

*Look at what company's products you have and what you would need as far as start up to get going (not just what is in the starter kit but what you have now vs. what you need in the future)

*No matter what company you choose-interview your upline or multiple people from the company to see how you would fit with their team. Even as a hobby demo I think that upline support is an added bonus-and may help you go one day from hobby to business if you decide that is the right fit for you!!
I know I love (as a downline) to go to my upline's meetings, and as an upline I love the growing group that I have been lucky enough to join me as my downline.

*Check out not just the basic compensation package but also what other bonuses are available to you. I know SU has a WONDERFUL new plan in place to help new recruits get off the ground and earn LOTS of free stamp sets and othe products. I am going to Disney in abput 7 weeks and am happy to say that SU is paying for a good bit of our trip-plus over $250 in gift cards I earned through SU's Great Rewards program. Free stuff is always fun-and I know SU has A LOT of cool incentives for not only their customers but also the demos themselves.

*See what resources are available to you as a demo for each company. For SU not only is there an outstanding SU website that includes patterns, templates, and ideas, but also a super active free forum for SU demos right here on SCS! There are a lot of folks here to help support new demos and the community is always ready to help a newbie!

Good luck with your decision and keep asking your questions so you find the company that is the right fit for YOU!

Last edited by camsmom; 08-09-2006 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You already got good advice.

But, I would base my decision entirely on the products! Which company's products do you LOVE enough to sell or buy enough to meet your minimums yourself? Although there are many things in each catalog that I like, and some things in each catalog that I really don't like AT ALL, I greatly prefer SU's stamps. I think they are more sophisticated. It is a style thing and that isn't to say I'm right and TAC lovers are wrong. It is entirely a personal thing. I haven't tried TAC's cardstock so can't opine on it, but SU's is da bomb!

Also, do you like wood mounted or ez foam on acrylic? There is a difference. Again, it is a personal thing. I have some TAC stamps and some awesome A Muse acrylic alphabets, but I don't use them much because I don't have them in a system where I can see what the image is, and in the case of the alphabet, I find it difficult to get the stamps to lie straight first try on the acrylic block. Basically, I'm lazy and don't have the energy or perseverence for setting up a system. So, I go with wood. Other folks love the unmounted on acrylic. Neither one is right or wrong, but one is better FOR YOU.

Isn't it fun to have choices??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I gotta agree with Joan. Go with your preferences.

I prefer the wood mounted stamps. I do not like the acrylic ones at all. That's just my feelings and I went with SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I agree with all the great advice given so far.
I would definitely check out all the perks both have to offer, but most of all, I would carefully go through both catalogs and see which products I liked the best for my own collection. I would end up signing with the one having the most "toys" I liked 'cause those are the ones I would be excited about demo-ing.
I like TAC (& CTMH), have friends that demo, and order stamps and accessories from them regularly to use for myself. However, there is MUCH more in the SU catalog(s) that appeals to me so that is the company I represent.
I don't think either choice is a bad one, just your personal preference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

You have been given a lot of good advice on the above posts. Only you can make that final decision. Looks like you already have experience presenting and teaching crafts, so you should do great as a demo for whatever company you choose.

You asked us to tell you why we went with the company that we did. I chose to go with SU! because I love their products and I met some great people that are demos for the company. SU! practically sells itself, so I have no problem meeting the quota. I have also found that the wooden blocks work much better for me. I have tried acrylic and did not like having to mount and unmount the stamps everytime i used them. I just line up my wooden mounted stamps using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and the image is always exactly where and how I want it to be. That is a personal preference. Some people swear by the acrylic. I also love the fact that there are a lot of resources available to SU! demos here on SCS and on the SU! website. When ever I need an idea for a class or workshop, I just hop on line and download templates, samples, all kinds of goodies. I have also received stamps sets and other SU! products for free through their various incentive programs.

What I would suggest is like someone in an earlier post said; make a list of the pros and cons from both companies, look over the catalogs again. If you love the products, they are easy to sell. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #10  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

You've gotten alot of great advice. It really helps to make a list of pro's and con's for each company so you can see the advantages of each listed out. I've been an SU! demo now alittle over 2 years. When I was making my decision, I went through each catalog and made a "wish" list of everything I liked that way if I had a quarter I had to support my business, I had lots of options. The biggest help to me was talking to my friends about what they liked/their preference. This was a GREAT help because I had lots of ready workshop hostess to help me get started. From those events I started a club and I've not had to "subsidize" my business unless I wanted too...don't get me wrong, I'm still my best customer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 06:51 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

When I was signing up I was SURE that I wanted to be a CTMH demo. I had some of their albums and stamps and had a friend who was a demo in another state. The same week as the CTMH Open House, I attended a SU! Open House at a ladies' house near me. I was just blown away by the new SU! catalog. I loved everything in there and the stamp sets were so fresh and the accessories were fun and "exclusive". All other things being similar, I went with the company that had the products that I felt that I could easily sell and use (that was back when CTMH still had wood-mounted).

Today, there are more differences between companies and the acrylic mount/ clear stamps vs. wood/ rubber is a big one. You should choose which one you think you can *love* to use and represent.

Also, beyond the compensation and the minimums for the company, you might want to look into the support that is available. SU! has amazing Regional Seminars each year that are affordable and awesome for learning new tips & techniques, getting product training, swapping with other demos and just basic fun! There is also a yearly big Convention, which I hope to attend next year. I hear that the experience of going to Convetion is wonderful and a big shot in the arm for your business! Beyond that, there are other incentives that can be earned, such as the cruise and free products, etc. with the quarterly Great Rewards programs.

My advice is compare all of the aspects of the business plan and give extra weight to the products, as they are what you will be using and selling. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Question TAC?

OK, I give, what is TAC? SU and CTMH I know, but please clue in on TAC!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

TAC is The Angel Company. They are another stamp company like SU and CTMH.

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:14 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

It'd TAC for me!!!! I luv SU but love unmounted stamps that TAC offers...gee I must......I became a demostrator/hobbiest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 04:53 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

I used to be a SU demo. I took a year off before joining TAC. I love both companies and their designs. For me with TAC, I feel the personal discount was better and the benefits for the my customers is greater. Plus, there are so many SU demo's in my area that it was hard to get/keep new customers. TAC has just over 3200 demos. The new catalog speaks for itself and I feel I will have many new customers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 05:49 AM   #16  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Great advice given from everyone!! I had some TAC stamps but just didn't like to mount my stamps everytime I needed one! I sold them!! I love their accessories though, but all my customers agreed they will always buy SU stamps over TAC because of the mounted verses unmounted stamps!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:05 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Great advice!

For me, I went with TAC because of the things already mentioned here:
1. There are a LOT of SU demos and I'm not really much of a "sales" person. So I didn't want the competition
2. I LOVE the fact that you can store your stamps in CD cases. Have a big stack of stamp sets in a little corner of my desk in a CD tower. (By the way, the stamps are rubber, not acrylic. Only the mounts are acrylic. Just in case someone unfamiliar with TAC is mislead by that in a pevious post. ;) )
3. I LOVE the fact that unmounted rubber stamps are 1/2 the price of wood mounted. Personally, I couldn't afford the wood mounted stamps. And I knew most of my friends (potential) customers were in the same boat. So I couldn't expect them to buy something that I, myself, couldn't even buy.
4. The biggest draw was the $100 every 4 month minimum sales requirement!!!!
5. I love that TAC is ran by Christian people who uplift and encourage us as demos, whether we be hobbyiests or executives. There is absolutely NO pressure!
6. AND they listen to the demos suggestions! Just look at the huge difference between last year's catty and this year's!!!

Good luck in whatever you decide!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I certainly agree with all the comments above. I have been with SU for 2 years and I still love the excitement of the company. I will be going to my second regional this year and it is just like a mini convention. I totally agree to look at the products and pick what suits you the best if you are going to be a hobby demo. You may want to look at some of the creations in the gallary to see what others have done with each of the stamp sets. I enjoy the crisp sharp lines of SU stamps and the color coordination. Which ever way you decide, Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 07:30 AM   #19  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default SU Signing Special for August/September

• All new recruits who join between August 15, 2006, and September 15, 2006, will receive their choice of three add-on offers.
The choices are:
  •  
    • Colors pack-8-1/2" x 11" assortment pack of card stock in each of our color families (Bold Brights, Rich Regals, Earth Elements, Soft Subtles) and a Color Coach (a $39.95 value).
    • Stamp set-Any stamp set from the 2006--2007 Idea Book & Catalog (up to a $39.95 value).
    • Cutting bundle-Paper cutter, cutting and scoring blade refill, and the hobby blade (a $34.40 value).
  • New recruits can choose their add-on by writing their choice at the top of their Starter Kit Order Form. Those who do not write their choice will receive the Well-Worn Alphabet set (107159, $39.95) by default.
  • All paperwork must be received at the Stampin' Up! Home Office before 5:00 pm (MT) on September 15, 2006 in order to be eligible.
  • New recruits whose paperwork was received before August 15, 2006 are not eligible.
  • The cost of the Starter Kit will remain $199.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 07:55 AM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been with SU for just over a year and I love every minute of it! Don't be afraid of the quotas--this stuff sells itself!
SU is the leader that all the rest follow. It gets voted #1 year after year and there's a reason. I wanted to sign with the best, and there was no question it was SU. The others didn't even come close! Make sure your demo tells you about all the other perks besides just the kit and the special. There's SO much more!
I agree with the person who said to write it all down, pros and cons. It will soon become clear which company really suits you best. make sure it is the right time for you and your family, and then give it everything you've got. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

SU has been the only stamping company that I have really been affiliated with, so I am probably biased. I did purchase some acrylic stamps from another company and didn't care for them. I like the ease of pulling out my stamps, stamping, cleaning and putting them back in the box and on their shelf.

I love their images- very sophisticated and current.

I love all the demonstrators I have met. I went to convention last year and had a great time and met some wonderful people.

I love the fact that I haven't ever had to worry about making my quarterly quota. Not only does it sell itself, it sells itself to me and keeps me interested. (I am a Gemini and get bored easily)

Stampin Up! really has been good to me and supports me with whatever is going on in my life. I work full time and am pretty busy most of the time and can do anything I want with this.

And, I LOVE ALL THE DEMOS I HAVE MET!!!! It really is a fuzzy warm feeling kind of family thing for me.

Good luck on your decision.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

People are more familiar with SU! which makes booking events much easier.

Other than that I think it really comes down to what comapny you like the most. In order to be a success in sales, you gotta believe in what you are selling.

I have seen a TAC catalog and it jsut isn't my style at all. I found a few cute sets, but for the most part I was not impressed. But that is my personal opinion.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

When I decided to become a demo for SU the main draw for me was the images. I fell in love with loads of love set and then slowly through this site fell in love with many of the other sets. After a bit of time I began to realize how convienent the colors were. Making projects was easy when I had the colors coordinate automatically.

I've finally come to realize that the paper quality is top notch. I was using some SU paper for some wedding thank you's for a friend and ran out so I had to run to the local craft store. Boy was I sad when the paper there was flimsy, expensive, and not the color I wanted. My next order for me will be a huge paper order because frankly I don't want to be in that situation again.

Another case for quality is when I went and bought brads. A bunch of the ones I bought had the little tines that you open stuck together. I was so irritated because it made the project much less fun to work on when I had to keep taking the brads out to replace them with one that would work.

So far I've enjoyed working for SU demo support has been great whenever I've had a problem they have been easy to work with. My first demo order came and several things were missing. So I just called and they sent the items out right away. I was so nervous that the gal would think that I was lying or something but she was super friendly and nice a true pleasure to work with.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;) You were given some excellent advice in this thread I hope it gives you the information you needed/wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #24  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make a pro and con list of each company...

Good luck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Great advice so far

But one more thing I think you might want to check is the stamps resale value holds very well for SU! I haven't sold many of my stamps but before I signed up I was shopping those on-line auction places for retired sets. The Stampin Up! sets really seem to hold their value for resale. I hardly ever see any stamps from them on the "baysite" that is not at least retail value. This helped give me the push to sign-up! And it helped give my husband assurance that I wasn't going to lose any of our money that if need be I could quit and sell the whole lot - yeah like that will ever happen now - sounded good when I was giving him the pitch though . Tee hee

I have no idea about TAC resale value but sure TAC demo can help out. And perhaps they retain their value as well. Just thought I would mention it as a consideration. Stacey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 09:11 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Smile

When I was deciding about a year ago, I looked at my situation: I wanted to go with a company where I liked enough of the product to make my mins myself. I too live in a place where it seems that there is a SU demo on every corner (I'm really not kidding on this the next street over has a demo & there are more in my neighborhood), & I am not a sells person so...
When making my decision the biggest factor was the (well #1) color coach. I am not good at picking out colors & with my OCD, frankly I can waste hours on end trying to figure out what colors go together & then decide after I've made a card that they don't. With the color coach, the excellent quality cardstock & the good amount of images, I determined that SU was the best fit for me.

To be honest I absolutely HATE to cut stamps, hate, hate, hate it! But sadly, as much as I tried to love CTMH images, there were not enough of the to meet the mins. And their cardstock, although very nice & good quality, has a strong chemical smell, that I am sensitive to. I love the CTMH stamps sets that I do have (& I still buy some ~ I'm getting a back to school set from them ~ SU didn't have one).

As for TAC, I like some of their images & just placed a rather hefty order from my friend who is a TAC demo ~ but sadly, there again, I HATE HATE HATE cutting stamps! & even thou TAC has a nice back to school stamp set, I actaully decided that I would pay more for the CTMH set in order to avoid having to cut any more stamps.

I think that one great thing about TAC, is that it seems to be more of an all-inclusive company, almost like a Micheals in catty form. Which would be great for anyone looking to be a demo in places that don't have the 'big' craft store chains ~ but even with my local chain, if the items are the same price, (to avoid having to hunt down coupons, make multiple trips & possibly get way more 'stuff' thru impulse buying) ~ I'd rather get everything I need from one source...

As for advice, go with the company you 'love' & that enthusiaism will really cause your business to thrive.

*And heck, if you were to change your mind later, most of the stamping stuff sells quite well on ebay & it's not like you have to sign a contract for the rest of your life...;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #27  
Glitter Guru

I have bought and loved SU for 5 1/2 years now, but I recently signed on to be a hobby demo with TAC. My main reasons were:

1 - my taste runs to the whimsical/cute, and TAC has lots of that

2 - super low quotas, which is important as I won't be doing workshops

3 - I have 3 friends who are SU demos, but the closest TAC demo lives 45 minutes away

4 - the kit is a phenomenal deal!! I signed August 1st and got both Level C hostess sets for free!

5 - I love TAC's new designer papers!

6 - STORAGE! I have 36+ sets stored in two 3-ring binders.

There are other reasons, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. Good luck with your decision!

P.S. I will ALWAYS love SU! Couldn't live without the 48!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #28  
Gallery Gazer

I agree with all of the previous comments, especially the ones about getting to know your upline. My upline is fantastic -- she's my biggest cheering section. If you want to go into this as a business, then you should make sure that your upline is the type of person who will support and help you in your endeavor. And also make sure that you get along with her upline and your sideline, because you never know when someone will move away or decide to discontinue their demoship.

My other suggestion would be to take a look at each company's products and find out which ones better retain their value. I know many people become demonstrators because they love stamping, as did I, but in the end the stamps and accessories you buy are your business tools, and you should invest in good quality tools that retain their value. That way, if you ever want to upgrade your tools (i.e. stamps), you can use the sale of of your old ones to fund the upgrade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #29  
Watercolor Wizard

I've been a demo for a year for SU, and until last quarter did fine. I went into pending last quarter, but was able to make up for it with my new cattie orders.

I do a class monthly, but even though I do that, I am still my only customer. My folks come to make the cards, and then I reinvest what they pay me into my supplies. I rarely get an order.

So, if you are not gung ho on workshopping, I would seriously consider the minimums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

I have been a SU demo for 2yrs. I signed up because I loved the stamps, paper, ink. The quality is undeniable. I am only a hobbyist. I really like the TAC catty, also. The low minimums at TAC are appealing, especially to a hobbyist. But the name recognition and company support SU provides is top notch. And although it was never my intention, I may be starting to have workshops this fall because people are literally coming to me asking about SU.

I also signed up because of SCS. Remember, this site was started as a way to keep SU Demos in touch. The demo forum (where the SCS demos talk shop) is full of so many great workshop ideas & business resources. These SCS SU demos are the most talented and knowledgable gals you will find. On a regular basis, I find some idea here that makes me think I could really make a business out of this fun hobby. Maybe I will.

Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

I have been a SU demo for 2yrs. I signed up because I loved the stamps, paper, ink. The quality is undeniable. I am only a hobbyist. I really like the TAC catty, also. The low minimums at TAC are appealing, especially to a hobbyist. But the name recognition and company support SU provides is top notch. And although it was never my intention, I may be starting to have workshops this fall because people are literally coming to me asking about SU.

I also signed up because of SCS. Remember, this site was started as a way to keep SU Demos in touch. The demo forum (where the SCS demos talk shop) is full of so many great workshop ideas & business resources. These SCS SU demos are the most talented and knowledgable gals you will find. On a regular basis, I find some idea here that makes me think I could really make a business out of this fun hobby. Maybe I will.

Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with everything above! I used to be a demo for SU, I left and went to TAC for several reasons. 1)with SU I went to a crop with a tub full of stamps which weighed a ton and the wood thing and storage of the stamps. 2) the cost of the stamps, I felt like I was getting more bang for my buck and giving my customers more bang for their buck. 3)at the time TAC didn't have the paper it has now and I continued to use SU paper for my personal use, and used TAC for workshops and stamp camps. Now the paper is great quality and the new paper lines are great. 4) My area had been saturated by SU and it had gotten too competitive.

You need to do what is right for you! Goodluck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
People are more familiar with SU! which makes booking events much easier.

Other than that I think it really comes down to what comapny you like the most. In order to be a success in sales, you gotta believe in what you are selling.

I have seen a TAC catalog and it jsut isn't my style at all. I found a few cute sets, but for the most part I was not impressed. But that is my personal opinion.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing. The only thing I would add is that because it is so much more familiar, resale of retired stamp sets is easy.

I'm so happy to be a new SU demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

It would be TAC for me as I could sell more. This area is so SU saturated. I think that would be the main consideration. If all your friends are into SU and have demos, you could be the one to introduce them to TAC and sign people under you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #35  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!

yeah TAC!! I can't say anymore then already has been said!
Good luck with you decision!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 11:13 AM   #36  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd definitely go with the company that is a better fit to your tastes. As customer, I have to say that there are many more sets that I like in the Su! catalog compared to those in the TAC catalog. I just bought about five TAC sets, and there are two or three more I may get, but the rest just don't do a thing for me. I have to say, though, that this year's catalog is head and shoulders above last year's, so I do think they are changing their style, so I may be buying more in the future. I do love the fact that they sell Bazzil paper....I can't buy that anywhere locally!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

I disliked all the stamps in the TAC catalog except for the ones I already own. It's amazing, how people's tastes are so different. Now I have several sets on my SU list and I also love many CTMH sets. I would go with the company that you like the stamps best with. TAC has a lower minimum, but besides that it is really if you love the stamps, you can sell them. If you don't, you can't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #38  
Gallery Gazer

I know where you're coming from! I had trouble choosing btween many companies that I had used for scrapping and stamping. I finally went with the one I preferred using personally because you won't sell well, no matter what the commissions, bonuses... , if you don't love the products. I can confidently tell customers that I've tried all of them and this is my favorite.
My advice would be to become very familiar with the products, then pick the best!
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I honestly didn't think I would sign up to demo for anyone. I am an "equal opportunity stamper" and felt like signing up would limit me. I love SU, have tons of their stuff and know many demos (including my SIL). I didn't want to demo for them because there are so many demos in my area and there minimums were too high for my comfort level.

I wanted to learn more about TAC after hearing what everyone on this site said about them and I was impressed. There are lots of sets I like and many I don't but that's the same with any company, including SU. What appealed to me is that there weren't any demos in my area so I could provide another option for people and the minimums are definately "do-able" even if I never sell to another person. I also like that they are a true "angel company" so allow and encourage you to sell items that you make. I have customers who are very interested in this aspect of TAC. I've been very impressed by their customer support and the support of other demonstrators too.

You've gotten some great advice here. Weigh out your options and go with your gut feeling. I love that there is variety out there!

-Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 05:56 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

Well SU! of course!! I am prejudice! They are the best in my book.

Sue's gallery
www.stampinwithsue.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes