Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Silliest Card Blunder

Just wondering if you have any 'card blunders' to share? You know, the kind where you made the card and then realized that you did the dumbest thing to it.

Had my first today...I feel like a dunce!

I made this nice card and then put Happy Anniversary inside, signed it off and closed the card. When I opened it to check it over, I saw that there was nothing on the card when Happy Anniversary was supposed to be. It was on the top part of the card and upside down to boot!

I feel so silly, because when I was putting the rub ons on, I could feel the prima on the underside of the card and it didn't even click then that I was on the wrong side!

Oops! :oops: I wrote a silly note to my friend which I attached to the correct part and hopefully she and her hubby will have a laugh over it too. Off to address the envelope...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

yes all the time...my typical problem is cutting wrong though.....I measure twice and still mess it up some times!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't tell you how many times I stamped French Script upside down on a card front. I stamp backgrounds rubber side up, and it's difficult to tell which way is which on backward script. My French Script stamp now has a big black Sharpie dot at the top of the wood on the rubber side so that I don't mess up.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Default This one is a doozy!

For my dh's birthday, I sent a letter with an unsigned card to every Green Bay Packer player. In the letter, I asked the player to please sign the card and return it in the self-addressed stamped envelope that I provided. Well, my husband was surprised and delighted when the birthday cards started coming in. He was especially looking forward to one from Brett Favre.
Well, the one from Brett Favre finally came in. Dh opened the card and I had stamped the wrong verse in the inside. Instead of "However you may celebrate, whatever you may do--hope your day is filled with love and wishes that come true!", I stamped "Just a little note, Just a word or two---Thanking you for who you are and everything you do!" This totally made no sense for a birthday card and dh said Brett Favre probably thought he was GAY!!! Out of all the cards to screw up on, I screwed up on the one from his favorite all-time football player. Dh wanted to show everyone his card, but was too embarassed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssss
I can't tell you how many times I stamped French Script upside down on a card front. I stamp backgrounds rubber side up, and it's difficult to tell which way is which on backward script. My French Script stamp now has a big black Sharpie dot at the top of the wood on the rubber side so that I don't mess up.
I have done that, what a great idea.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Upside down verses, verses on the back of cards instead of inside, crooked images, images not adhered straight, inked fingers ruining the back of cards, the list is endless!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 12:02 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

I once got caught up making a cute pink card for a baby shower. It wasn't until I was signing it that I remembered that she was having a boy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

These are so funny! Thanks everyone for sharing so far! Keep 'em coming!...

I've been putting the finishing touches on a card more than once where I've smudged my craft ink so there's a mark that shouldn't be there. I guess it shows that we're all so very human and not perfect card makers...although we try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 12:23 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

In the days when I used to SHOCKING buy my cards I worked in an office where my boss asked me to buy cards for customers. I bought a baby card and gave it to him to sign he looked at me and said are they Jewish? I thought how rude why do you ask? He said the card says Mazel Tav. I looked at it and said huh I didn't notice that *embarrassing!*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #10  
Failed Lurker

I mess up all the time! But once I remember visiting a friend's house just before Christmas. All 3 members of the household have birthdays in December, so all kinds of cards were strung up from the ceilings. I looked up and saw the one I'd painstakingly made for her son... and realised I'd forgotten to write in it! I used to do that all the time - get so engrossed in the creation process that I'd forget the mundane bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I typically make card fronts and attach them to a neutral coloured card. I often stick them on so the cards open the wrong way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Oh sassybee that is too funny! I think it's pretty cool that they signed them and sent them back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 04:31 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

I often make the cardfronts too and then stick them to white cardstock so the inside sentiment is easier to read. One time I was making two cards one for my Dad and the other for my friend;s husband. Well I accidently got them mixed up and sent my friend's husband a card that said I Love you on the inside! OOPS!!!! My friend called me laughing and asking me how long the affair has been going on. Well now he calls me his second wife! heehee!!!

I love hearing the stories! Keep em' coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Talking Silly card blunder

I have a stamp that says "I hope your day is pawsitivley perfect (or maybe Purrfect....too lazy to look). Anyway, when I mounted it, I put the index on upside down, but did not notice it until I stamped it inside my card, so my verse is upside down. Sooooooooo I just hand wrote beneath it...unlike this topsy turvy card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that some of the silly things I have done when making a card.

I have stamped the saying on the inside of the card upside down.
Stamped my Name upside down on the backside of the card.

Glue things where they shouldn't been glued.

Glued the card shut.....Not meaning to.

I once made a card that was really cool......Only I made it upside down. and it opened the wrong way.
Oh Well!.....lol

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Just today I was making a card with ribbon. I accidentally wrapped the ribbon around both sides of the card, so that it wouldn't open at all. At least I caught the boo boo before I added layers on top of the ribbon.

I also was working with chipboard for the first time. I was inking with a craft spot. It came out blotchy, so my demo offered to reink the pad. I decided to try to fix the blotchiness. It didn't work and now I am disappointed in my card. I did order some chipboard so I can retry making the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

I was making a card at my parents house once and I didn't ahve a heat tool. I tried heating the EP on thier toaster but it was too well insulated so I took it to thier fire place and it slipped-not into the fire, but into a tiny slit in the floor where it will stay for all time. I was so upset because I had used my FAVORITE paper and worked hard at it. I sat down and made another and this time got the EP to melt and then stamped the final sentiment on and then realized I had folded the paper wrong and my card opened upside down! I refuse to fix it, though, so it is still at my desk looking nice as long as it is never opened
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #18  
PAPER SCAPER

My funniest save on a card was for Halloween and I stamped the sentiment upside down. Got mad at my blunder, decided I could save it anyway and wrote Tricked You! and signed the card and sent it.

Cute stories everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Take it from one who has done it---there is an easy fix for cards opening the wrong way. Cut the front off and glue it to another folded piece of cardstock that opens in the CORRECT direction! :-D

One of my recent card blunders was when I sent a RAK. I had the Excel spreadsheet open with all the RAK member names and addresses. I was looking up someone's REAL name (as opposed to their SCS user name) and got off a line, looking at a name BELOW the one I wanted. My personal message inside the RAK used the WRONG first name. Was I ever embarrassed when the recipient asked if the card was really intended for her, or had I mistakenly sent her someone else's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 08:20 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssss
Great minds think alike, I just did that a couple of weeks back. I was sooo tired of my French Script being upside down.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 02:35 AM   #21  
Failed Lurker

I stamp verses upside down ALL The time! I just stamp on a co-ordinating colour, layer it and attach on top! No-one is the wiser (apart from stamping friends who know the trick! )

As my stamping guru cousin says (a lot): There are NO mistakes in rubber stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 07:35 AM   #22  
Watercolor Wizard

I have stamped my envies upside down and send them anyway! Too much work to do over...I also have made ink smudges way too many times to count! Quick fix...I either stamp a very small image that "matches" on the smudge or I draw a simple design to coordinate with the main image OR I just restamp on another piece of cardstock and restamp and adhere over smudge or mistake. Sometimes my mistakes make my best cards...LOL

Hugs and :smile:s, Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I was using a stamp that said "For You", I go to stamp it on my card and when I pulled the stamp up it read "F You" what happened to the o and u I will never know, but my friends got a kick out of it.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

The first year I made Christmas cards, I spent forever on them (before DD was born) and had everything just so. I sent one to my brother and sister-in-law in Japan. They were really into Japanese architecture and art and straight lines/modern style art. I didn't cater to their tastes and just stamped all cards the same. They opened their card with their presents on Christmas morning. The card was a white Santa with children sitting on his lap and a tree and presents. It was mounted on black which was again mounted on white base. When they opened it up, the image had fallen off with the adhesive squares on each corner. They saw the card which was totally black except for the white adhesive square in the middle. They never found the rest of the card among the wrapping paper. They thought since the white adhesive square in perfectly centered, they thought I did a modern art type card. I never found out until later after Mom talked about the one she got that they realized there was supposed to be more.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

My Grandparents used to get a lot of cards from Charities they donated to.... One year for Christmas, my Grandpa trying to help my Grandma out, signed and addressed a bunch of cards and sent them out.... Then a few days later they began to receive several calls..... One from a friend of theirs who got a 'Sympathy' card and said 'How'd ya know?' (From his wife spending lots of money during Christmas) another who got a' Birthday' card, well it's Jesus' b-day!!! It was a funny story told over and over.... My Grandpa was a great guy!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #26  
Lil' RAD Taquito

I have done the front of the card in the back or upside down a few times. It feels so terrible specially when you work so hard in so of them.
I also have use the punch and mada a mess because it was sooo out of place.
After all we are all just humans, we make mistakes ;0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 03:24 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindo
I was using a stamp that said "For You", I go to stamp it on my card and when I pulled the stamp up it read "F You" what happened to the o and u I will never know, but my friends got a kick out of it.
ROFLOL!!!

I've made just about every mistake y'all have listed. Recently, while making a scrapbook page for my sister, I made a big boo boo with my brand spanking new Karen Foster Snap Stamps. See, my sister and I are Aggies. Those who are familiar with Texas A&M know that Aggies are the butt of many jokes down here and most of those jokes include some "stupid Aggie" moment. Well, I had one. I was making the graduation page for my sister's graduation (ten years ago now) from A&M. This was one of many pages in a huge book I recently made for her. I'd used my snap stamps a couple of times and pulled some of the rubber pieces out to make spaces. I tried really hard to put them back right, but seeing as I'm slightly dislexic and completely an Aggie, I didn't get them back completely right. So, when I stamped "Graduate" on the page in all caps, the "D" was backwards. At first I was a bit miffed because I'd tried so hard to make it all perfect. Then I starting cracking up as it was the perfect Aggie joke! I called my mom (a Longhorn - our rival) and told her about it and she thought it was hysterical!
Reply With Quote Likes