Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you store your SU Stamp sets?

howdy...I am trying to get organized and just wondering how you all store your sets? Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I use iris carts but I am currently in the process of unmounting my stamps and storing in CD cases.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Were in iris carts, but have unmounted all of them over the last couple of weeks and they are in CD cases. I LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I keep all my stamp sets together in their original cases. I have them stacked on a tall bookshelf - you know, the wall unit type. It's just a cheapie from Wal*art. I have them sorted according to theme: Alphabets & Numbers/ Greetings, Verses & Words; Christmas; Nature; Hearts & Flowers; Whimsical/Cutsie; Scenes & Beach Themes; Backgrounds, Borders & Shapes; Seasons & Other Holidays; and Miscellaneous including Vintage & Baby.

To help me find the exact stamp I'm looking for I do the following: As soon as I get a new set mounted, I stamp the images on a piece of paper along with the name of the set and the category I have it in. Then I put it in a 3-ring binder. This way, I just flip through the pages until I see what I want then I just pull that set out. I have also seen here where others copy the image sheet before mounting them and put the copies in a binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I store mine on a shelving unit on a rail and store them in the original containers and are organized according to size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I had mine on a shelving unit, but they had to be stacked high and two rows deep. Didn't make for easy access, so instead I turned them on their side and put them in a plastic drawer type thingie from Walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 05:02 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have unmounted in Karen Foster Snap & Scrap boxes.

The mounted are in their SU cases and some are in Iris Cart drawers and alot of them are on shelves above my desk. I turn them sideways and line them up (like books) so I can read the label and put them order. They take less room this way and you do not have to remove all the ones on top to get to the one on the bottom.

All my stamps from other companies are in SU cases and done the same way.

HTH

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Mine are all mounted and in their original boxes. I type a label for each and put that inside (easier for me to read than the little clear label) and they are all stored on edge, alphabetically, on shelves in a cabinet from Home Depot. I love it, and it is so quick to pull out a set. Many fit on a shelf. I do have my "word only"sets, my backgrounds, and my alphabets separate from the others.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 05:29 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

All my SU! sets are in their boxes with the labels on the ends. But...since I have NO storage whatsoever...they are all in a couple of piles in my living room floor...where I stamp. Alot of the times they are strewn across the living room by the time I get home because my cats like to see who can get higher up in the room...

As for all of my "other" miscellaneous stamps...they are stored in those divided flat boxes (that come in tackle boxes) because I store all the rest of my stuff in a HUGE yellow tackle box. ;)
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #10  
Silky Smooth

I keep all of mine in their original labeled cases in a large tupperware type of box. But, I have a binder that I keep on my desk that has each set stamped on it and the name of the stamp. This way, I can look through everything that I have, decide which set I want to use, and pull it out. It doesn't take up alot of space and it has worked for me. Good luck with your organizing!

Peachie Keen Cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I store my stamps in there original cases on end witht he names visible in milk crates. I just got some new cabinets, but I am waiting for DH to put them together. Maybe I will get a better system down then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Mine are all mounted and stamped on an index sheet as soon as I get them. I had one stamp come in damaged and I caught it right away because I do this So anyway, they are in the boxes (except the backgrounds, those are lined up like books on a shelf right near my stamping table) and stack according to size, no more than 5 high. I bought the wire shelves from WalMart to help me keep them organized. I have Halloween and Christmas stamps seperate from the "everyday" stamps, just because I don't use them as much as the others. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 07:09 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I store my in their original containers on a bookself and they are sorted by container size...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Julie1

I don't have very many sets YET! But I keep mine in their original boxes in iris carts but I do have huge cabinet that DH bought me that they will fit in when I run out of room in the iris cart. All my single stamps are in baskets according to theme in the iris cart. hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #15  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Mine are sorted by size and then alphabetically. I make a label with the set name and put it on the front of the box so I can read it better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Mine are now stored in their original cases with a white label on the end. They're on shelves of a bookcase basically sorted by size of case, then alphabetically within each case size. I used to store then on end in a box until I got my shelves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Smile

Well---I take all mine out of their plastic cases and store them on trays---sorted by style(flowers, words, birthday, etc...) That way when I need a flower, I can look at all the ones I have. I keep all the plastic cases in a box. Now I know, this drives a lot of people crazy, but it works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Unmounted on special sheets for unmounted stamps and kept in binders by subject. I went from 4 shelves of stamps to 1, and now I can quickly find the stamp I want. Bliss!

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets through. Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 04:25 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have an old chifferobe. I buy the decorative cardboard boxes at Hobby Lobby when they are on sale-I put my sets in these boxes (stamps are labeled at the top of original stamp in up box so they are easy to see) and they are generally divided by categories-flowers, words, etc.. That way I can pull the box out depending on what I am stamping and carry them to my craft table.

I was just stacking stamp boxes on top of eachother, but this seems to work much better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 05:49 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedazzledbylife
Unmounted on special sheets for unmounted stamps and kept in binders by subject. I went from 4 shelves of stamps to 1, and now I can quickly find the stamp I want. Bliss!

Do you have any pictures of your system?? This sounds like what I want to do myself.

Did you tackle the job all at once or just a little at a time? I just found an Ebay seller who sold the EZ mount sheets in sets of 10 for $29.95 so I bought 2 sets to get me started. Do you know of a cheaper place to buy them?

Thanks so much!

BTW for everyone who keeps their stamps in the original boxes... this is how I *was* keeping them organized. I would stamp (or use the copy machine to copy the images) the images on 2 sheets of paper.. 1 sheet would go in a three ring binder (my "inventory" "inspiration" binder) and the other sheet would be cut to fit and placed in the stamp case so that I could see what was there and it made it easier for my dd to remember which box to put things back in. Then I would use white lables to lable the outside of the boxes with the stamp set name and # of how many stamps were there. I kept everything on shelves by theme and then by box size.

That worked for awhile but now I just have so much that I need to compress it all a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:01 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I went from 6 Iris carts full of stamps to 3 shelves and 42 1" binders.

I always stamp each image on pages in a binder, sort of like a giant catalog. For the same reason someone else posted, when I get a new stamp or set I may not use it for quite a while, so this insures the stamp works within the correction window. I also have a binder of the sets as they come in, so I can quickly tell which stamp goes with which set. So when I turn to roses I can quickly see all the different roses I have.

Then I'd store them in trays in the Iris carts sorted by the same categories in the binder. Not all the stamps were from SU so this allowed me to keep them all together.

Once I unmounted I saved so much room. I use Aileene's Tack it Over and Over and stick the stamps to page protectors with cheap cardstock inside to add stiffness. I went with the 1 inch binders because they wouldn't get so heavy and unmounted stamps take up so much less room.

I do not keep them by sets unless the set is all the same theme. For example Penguin Paradise, they're all together. I really like working with the unmounted, storage and cleaning is so much easier. The binders are labeled like the index binder so it's easy to find what I have.

Good Luck with your decision
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:03 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

I have mine sorted by size and coded in alphabetical order, with a master list

one of the smallest size boxes would be listed like this on the master list
eg: A1 All Wrapped Up Accessories 104038 $13.95

my All Wrapped Up Accessorie box has a label on it A1 it's much easier this way...

I might even with the next catty, write in the catty A1 beside the set so people can actually visualize it...

I will still keep this system if and when I decide to go un-mounted, if I can figure out how that works?? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:11 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my sets in those wide drawers facing up by size. If they are retired, they have an adhesive dot on them. I have alpha's/the extra large sets in a drawer and all the bg's in a drawer.Any non SU stamps are in seperate drawers.

I also have a binder with each set stamped in it, in alphabetical order. I stamp them in Going Grey, easier on the rubbah and copier paper. ;) 1 set to a sheet. No stamp gets to be fondled til they've been stamped into the album. That also helps me when I update my database of stamps/craft supplies. You'd be surprised how it all adds up! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:50 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2
I always stamp each image on pages in a binder, sort of like a giant catalog. ... I also have a binder of the sets as they come in, so I can quickly tell which stamp goes with which set. So when I turn to roses I can quickly see all the different roses I have....
Once I unmounted I saved so much room.....I went with the 1 inch binders because they wouldn't get so heavy and unmounted stamps take up so much less room....I really like working with the unmounted, storage and cleaning is so much easier. The binders are labeled like the index binder so it's easy to find what I have.
Great idea! This is exactly what I want to do! So glad to hear that it is working so well for you!! I cant wait to get my EZ MOunt so I can go ahead and do this.... Also the idea of using card stock a page protecters as an alterantive to the binder sheets... If I do that then I might go ahead and stamp the image of the stamp onto the card stock so that I *know* what should go where and can tell if something is missing (that happens some times when you share your crafts with an 8 yr old hehe)

Great ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Do you keep a binder for the individual images and a SEPERATE binder for the groups? Or keep them all together?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 07:19 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

I currently have mine on shelves in what is supposed to be a butler's pantry in my house. The only butler around here is me, so I redesigned the room for my stamps. Mine are all stored on edge alphabetically. I don't alphabetize within each letter beacuse i could never maintain that, but having them in alpha order helps me find the area easier. I have a piece of cardstock between each letter which has a list of all of the stamps I own in that letter. When I get new ones, I just add them to the list. I like this "on edge" system because I don't have to lift anything up to get to the set I want to use.

I do keep my BG stamps and monograms on a separate shelf from the others.

I'd love to know how to unmount the stamps. Will someone please share how you do that. Is it expensive to do, and do they stamp as crisply that way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Loosely organized alphabetically in Crop-in-Style 2 drawer cubes.
Colleen
Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftkris
howdy...I am trying to get organized and just wondering how you all store your sets? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

All in their original cases, stored on labeled end, in a big Army footlocker. lol I am running out of room fast.
Reply With Quote Likes