Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Photos on candles

Can anyone give me directions on how to put photos on candles? I've seen some pretty ones in the gallery, but no instructions on the technique. Thanks!

Glendel
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I did this for my nephew's wedding. I scanned their picture in and then copied on tissue paper. You have to tape the tissue paper to the paper on all 4 sides so that it will run through the printer. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Once you have the image you want on the tissue paper, position it on the candle, and cover with a large piece of waxed paper. Then heat the waxed paper with the heat tool, and the wax from the paper will melt into the candle, sealing the tissue paper in. Be careful not to burn your fingers. Do a search on the technique in the forum and you will find more detailed instructions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2006, 02:07 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Red face Suggestion

I suggest that you lay your candle down on a flat surface (like the table) while you heat.. Some of my kids did this a few months ago holding their candles upright (and they weren't big candles), and some of them ended up bowing. :???: They really think they know better. Heh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2006, 01:23 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

just came across your post. If you are still looking ...a couple of months ago (May issue) directions were given in Scrapbook Answers magazine on putting photos on candles. Thier instructions were to print your photo (the demo was plack & white) on vellum, trim and place where you want on candle then place a largepiece of wax paper over the picture and wrapped around the back of the candle( waxy side in) this helps to hold the photo in place while heating. hold your heat tool 8 to 10 inches from the candle, move heat tool back & forth, when you see liquid form under the wax paper that means the wax has melted and seeped through the vellum. check to make sure the entire image is sealed into the wax, if not replace the wax paper and heat again. check about every 10 to 15 seconds. let the candle cool and decorate with ribbon, charms, buttons etc..... This great tip was also given..If you'd rather not burn your photo, you can keep the candle decorative and functional. Burn the candle for a few hours, just long enough to form a small crevice where you can place a tea light. From that point on light the tea light instead of the candle wick.
Reply With Quote Likes