Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #81  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning!

Back at home...yeah!!! I most likely will crash later since the parent sleeping arrangement was less than comfy last night. I did get to organize and back up my photos so I did get some work done. Sunday I got to straighten up my craft room and now I only need to vacuum. I'm hoping to work on finishing up some journaling later and put some pages away in the correct albums...then tomorrow get ready for VSBN and some scrapping :-)

I hope you're all having a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #82  
Insane Embellisher

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Good Morning!

Back at home...yeah!!! I most likely will crash later since the parent sleeping arrangement was less than comfy last night. I did get to organize and back up my photos so I did get some work done. Sunday I got to straighten up my craft room and now I only need to vacuum. I'm hoping to work on finishing up some journaling later and put some pages away in the correct albums...then tomorrow get ready for VSBN and some scrapping :-)

I hope you're all having a great day!
Glad you are back home...so, VSBN...I have never done that before. But I went to the VSBN thread and did not see anything about one this weekend??? Maybe you could direct me, pretty please ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

G'day, ladies!

Terry, thanks for the free 12x12 coupon for Persnickety Prints. I just ordered 8 pages from them--matte finish. I'm anxious to see them bec I always print my 8x8 versions at home on glossy. I'm excited.

Rebekah, VSBN is actually not this upcoming weekend, but the 17th and 18th (Friday and Saturday.) Nothing Sunday, the 19th, since it's Father's Day.

Christy--about your comment on my Aussie Animals page saying that you hadn't known what a wombat looked like, neither had I. They actually have road signs that say Wombat Crossing with a pic of a wombat (like we have Deer Crossing with a deer pic in the States!) Signs like that for koalas too--and I think kangaroos. It's kinda freaky the first time you see a sign like that!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #84  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
G'day, ladies!

Rebekah, VSBN is actually not this upcoming weekend, but the 17th and 18th (Friday and Saturday.) Nothing Sunday, the 19th, since it's Father's Day.

Thanks! Good to know, I thought I was missing something...no plans on the 17th so hopefully I can get in on it that evening...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #85  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecaboohView Post
Glad you are back home...so, VSBN...I have never done that before. But I went to the VSBN thread and did not see anything about one this weekend??? Maybe you could direct me, pretty please ;)
So sorry, didn't mean to confuse...I just need to get my stuff ready now so I'm not scrambling around last minute...when I wait last minute I get very little done :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

So sorry, didn't mean to confuse...I just need to get my stuff ready now so I'm not scrambling around last minute...when I wait last minute I get very little done :-)
LOL, no problem. I was just excited because I don't have a lot going on this weekend and so if it was this weekend, I could have participated the WHOLE time...

Is there anything out on it yet as far as materials or things we might need?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #87  
Glitter Guru

We will update the supplies, or rather the ingredients list usually about 1 week before. There is some exciting news for this VSBN so be watching for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #88  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
We will update the supplies, or rather the ingredients list usually about 1 week before. There is some exciting news for this VSBN so be watching for it!
MOST excellent! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #89  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey ladies. I just signed up to sponsor a soldier and I know this is a scrapbooking thread, but I know lots of us make cards too. If any of you would like to send some cards to a soldier, you could send them to me and I will send them on. I have boxes going out at the first of the month for the next 3 monthes. So PM me if you want to donate some cards. Thanks!
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

just popping in to say hi. Good thing I had good mojo last month because so far this month I am 0/10. However, I have been getting in a few golf games instead.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #91  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

G'day, ladies!

Terry, thanks for the free 12x12 coupon for Persnickety Prints. I just ordered 8 pages from them--matte finish. I'm anxious to see them bec I always print my 8x8 versions at home on glossy. I'm excited.

Christy--about your comment on my Aussie Animals page saying that you hadn't known what a wombat looked like, neither had I. They actually have road signs that say Wombat Crossing with a pic of a wombat (like we have Deer Crossing with a deer pic in the States!) Signs like that for koalas too--and I think kangaroos. It's kinda freaky the first time you see a sign like that!
We've got the deer signs here in England too, plus ones with tractors and elderly people. Got to watch out for those wild senior citizens crossing the road ;) When DH and I did driver's training when we got here, the teacher was going over all the road signs and put up one that has a motorcycle and a car on it (with the motorcycle on top). He asked the class what that one meant and someone immediately shouted, "No motorcycles jumping over cars!" We still think that every time we see that sign...but it really means no motor vehicles, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #92  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christy S.View Post
We've got the deer signs here in England too, plus ones with tractors and elderly people. Got to watch out for those wild senior citizens crossing the road ;) When DH and I did driver's training when we got here, the teacher was going over all the road signs and put up one that has a motorcycle and a car on it (with the motorcycle on top). He asked the class what that one meant and someone immediately shouted, "No motorcycles jumping over cars!" We still think that every time we see that sign...but it really means no motor vehicles, lol.
This just made me laugh! I would think between Okinawa & England...you're going to have to go through another class when you get back to the states to relearn how to drive on the right side of the road again :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #93  

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
just popping in to say hi. Good thing I had good mojo last month because so far this month I am 0/10. However, I have been getting in a few golf games instead.
I read this post to Bob, Deb. We both got a good chuckle!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #94  
Glitter Guru

I totally flaked on the variety challenge for this week. I spent the day painting my youngest dd's room - think very bright lime green! It took 3 coats to cover the yellow that was there. I had to go get a 2nd gallon. On my way back, just around from my house I saw a momma deer and her baby! it was so cute. I've attached a couple of pics. I saw the momma in a yard and did a double take and saw the baby. I stopped my car (I was in my neighborhood so no traffic) and watched them.
Attached Thumbnails
June 2011 Scrap Pages & Scrap Chat - sbc11Jun-mom-deer-baby-deer-1.jpg   June 2011 Scrap Pages & Scrap Chat - sbc11Jun-mom-deer-baby-deer-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #95  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I totally flaked on the variety challenge for this week. I spent the day painting my youngest dd's room - think very bright lime green! It took 3 coats to cover the yellow that was there. I had to go get a 2nd gallon. On my way back, just around from my house I saw a momma deer and her baby! it was so cute. I've attached a couple of pics. I saw the momma in a yard and did a double take and saw the baby. I stopped my car (I was in my neighborhood so no traffic) and watched them.
Aw, soooo sweet :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #96  
Gallery Gazer

Well I still haven't hit my first goal of getting into my scraproom for at least an hour a day...so bummed! I thought now that school was done that I'd have more time but am now dealing with all the left over stuff that's been put on the back burner...hopefully I'll have gotten caught up with most of the important stuff and can start on my scrappy goal this afternoon! Dd1 just finished up her Silver Award and we have that paperwork under control and I had issues with our GS council with cookies and I now hope that is all settled (all their fault and I'm still burning up about it!). DD1 is working on her Bright Future service hours so I'm off to drop her to the tennis camp where she's volunteering.

Will anyone else be 'hanging' around today? Hope to see ya'll this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #97  
Insane Embellisher

I'm always around Mary Pat...just not in my scrapin' room... :( Stuck at work...hoping to get some scrappin done tonight though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #98  
Die Cut Diva

Michele, it looks like that fawn is not very old. They look so gangly don't they. Almost like their knobby knees will give out at any time. Sweet.

I took pictures of my Italy album yesterday, so now just to figure out how to put them on my computer and then download here. Maybe today.....
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #99  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I took pictures of my Italy album yesterday, so now just to figure out how to put them on my computer and then download here. Maybe today.....
Can't wait to see your Italy pages Deb! I went there in 2007 and LOVE to look through my album of the trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Quote:

Look at that sweet little deer run to keep up with Mom! What a great photo op! So neat that you had your camera with you1

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Michele, it looks like that fawn is not very old. They look so gangly don't they. Almost like their knobby knees will give out at any time. Sweet.

Can't wait to see your album!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #102  
Die Cut Diva

okay, I'll give this a try...I'm really unhappy with my pictures of my pages....it was overcast and cloudy when I took them which is usually a good time for pictures, however they are overexposed and seem to be quite blurry. It took a really long time to take them all out of my album, put them on the wall and photograph them, so I'm not planning on redoing them. I think you will be able to see them okay...

Italy 2010 by I'm Hooked - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #103  
Die Cut Diva

yayyy - it worked. I haven't uploaded for soooo long, and they have changed what we can do, so I will do this rather slowly. Here are a couple more pages:

Italy 2010 by I'm Hooked - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
2010 Italy by I'm Hooked - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Hi Deb! I will look at yours in a minute. I just finnished one.
Here is Orange Sketch. 3rd page for June!

thank you
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #105  
Pearl-ExPert

popping in... I decided I needed to take some time off from scrapping with specific goals as I was making them into something more punishing than enjoyable. I gave myself a breather (while still doing crafty stuff- school projects, cards, cakes etc.) Popped in today as I'm feeling like I want to get back into it. Boys are done with school and I need to find a time to focus on my scrapping and teach them to let me do that.

As always you guys have left lots of inspiration in the gallery to make me want to pick up where I left off!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #106  
Insane Embellisher

Page 1 of our Wedding Scrapbook by Becabooh - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

WOO HOO!!! Got a page done this evening...the first page of our wedding album...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecaboohView Post
Page 1 of our Wedding Scrapbook by Becabooh - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

WOO HOO!!! Got a page done this evening...the first page of our wedding album...
Very elegant page. Can't wait to see the rest of the album!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #108  

Default Digi-Scrap Freebie Alert!

Peppermint Creative has posted a new freebie kit called "New Do" -- all about hair! Here's the Peppermint Creative link:

Peppermint Creative, Digital Scrapbook Supplies

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #109  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Wendy. I downloaded this and am going to give it a try. I'm not very good computer-wise so good place to try - on a freebie.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

3 more Italy pages:

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #111  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just left some love in the gallery! I need to get my rear in gear, I've only got one layout that's all done except for journaling. And I hope to get my SU preorder here today, so that will be a distraction :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #112  
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day :-) Still no scrapping but I did get into my craft room to write up my VSBN challenge and post it onto the Host Thread so that's progress. I now have to do my challenge page...hopefully this evening or tomorrow I'll get that done.

I'm off to take my DDs to the beach for the day...it's our first full day of no scheduled plans and the beach is calling our name :-) We're off to Ponce Inlet for the afternoon...if you ever get to the Daytona area you should go there...they have great beaches, restaurants, and the lighthouse. We're just going to enjoy the beach today...too hot to climb the lighthouse!

I hope all of you not use to those high heat temperatures keep cool and out of the sun today! 'See' ya'll later! Have a wonderful day :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #113  

Quote:

Good Morning!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day :-) Still no scrapping but I did get into my craft room to write up my VSBN challenge and post it onto the Host Thread so that's progress. I now have to do my challenge page...hopefully this evening or tomorrow I'll get that done.

I'm off to take my DDs to the beach for the day...it's our first full day of no scheduled plans and the beach is calling our name :-) We're off to Ponce Inlet for the afternoon...if you ever get to the Daytona area you should go there...they have great beaches, restaurants, and the lighthouse. We're just going to enjoy the beach today...too hot to climb the lighthouse!

I hope all of you not use to those high heat temperatures keep cool and out of the sun today! 'See' ya'll later! Have a wonderful day :-)
My friend lived in Ormond Beach for a year or so and I went to visit her in '09. We went to Ponce Inlet on a beautiful day, had lunch, went to the Lighthouse and took a boardwalk down to the beach and water. It was a great afternoon!

I started to make a slideshow of my Florida trip but never finished it. One of these days, I'll convert the slides to SB pages and finish the album. Finishing an album...story of my life! I jump around so much scrapping different photos I've yet to complete a theme album, except for 3 or 4 mini board books. Oh well! I'm having fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #114  

Deb, I'm lovin' your Italy pages. Also. let us know how you do with the digi-scrapping!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 PM   #115  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Oh well! I'm having fun!
And that's what it's all about! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 PM   #116  
Die Cut Diva

Ferrari - every man's dream

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #117  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

G'day, ladies!

You're welcome....how did they turn out? I need to go to Michael's or AC Moore and get an album to start putting mine into...just haven't had the time to go yet. And they sent me a coupon for free shipping if I ordered more by the end of this month so I need to start converting files soon! Maybe next Friday since my SUV goes into the shop and I won't be going to work that day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #118  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good Morning!

It's definitely been hot...even here in PA. I took a picture of the 101 temp Thursday on my car gauge when I left work at 3:30...unreal! That was about 20 deg above normal! Been spending lots of time inside this past week...even got to work on a page yesterday since we are slow at work again and had no reason to go in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #119  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjmgmomView Post
popping in... I decided I needed to take some time off from scrapping with specific goals as I was making them into something more punishing than enjoyable. I gave myself a breather (while still doing crafty stuff- school projects, cards, cakes etc.) Popped in today as I'm feeling like I want to get back into it. Boys are done with school and I need to find a time to focus on my scrapping and teach them to let me do that.

As always you guys have left lots of inspiration in the gallery to make me want to pick up where I left off!
Welcome back Val....seems like lots are taking breathers lately. I've been just checking in a couple times a week but not chatting or getting much scrapping done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #120  

Terry, the pages from Persnickety Prints turned out FANtastic!!! I would recommend them highly! DH and I were so impressed with the quality when printed in 12x12 format!! I will definitely use them again. Thanks for your recommendation. I've been meaning to get some 12x12s but wasn't sure who to use and your post encouraged me to try them!! Awesome!!!

Reply With Quote Likes