Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #161  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The accomodation is booked, cleaners booked, removelists coming to quote this week, the new parts on order and the car booked for a check-up. Slowly, slowly the plans are being laid and everything is coming together...
12 more days of work and then the REALLY busy time starts!!
Getting more excited, and more nervous. I have been in Darwin all my adult life, and now I am leaving it!! Whoow.

Anyway, haven't had ANY time to scrapbook, But I got the pattern cut out and pinned together for DD cute little outfit I am making!! I think I am going to fall short of my goal this month, and blow out my budget I am splerging on a huge A-Z album kit for $350 when we get our loan finances in the bank. I have been admiring it for almost 2 years, so thought it was the finally time to go for it. I won't be buying my cutting machine yet. That will be for the next consolidation of finances, 3 or 4 years from now when we can afford to extend our RealEstate prospects, lol.

Hope you ladies are having more luck than me!! I have left lots of love on the pages, as they are all really fantastic.
Jac
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #162  
Kookie Creator

Hey, if you would like to check out the A-Z Album I am going to do, click on the Kaszazz link in my signature, then choose "Kaszazz Products". Then there is the option A-2-Z of Scrapbooking, REALLY NICE...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #163  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
Last night I came across this digi FREEBIE offer from Designer Digitals. I don't think it's going to be available much longer (not sure), but it's well worth a look! ;)

Digital Scrapbooking �Scrapbook Inspirations Idea Book Summer Giveaway

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #164  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by beksmumView Post
I think I am going to fall short of my goal this month, and blow out my budget I am splerging on a huge A-Z album kit for $350
Well I sure hope that's not in US Dollars! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #165  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I'm not going to get my Disney album finished before I have to go back to work tomorrow. :(But I am only about 8 pages shy of finishing it AND I completed 38 double layouts this summer so I am happy. My goal for September will probably be 2 and I might not reach it! lol
I still have tonight so I am hoping to complete the 2 I have half completed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #166  
Hardware Hotshot

It is amazing. I got another page done and I am 5 pages away from my yearly goal!!!
Here it is:
MC-10-06-09 - chickadee3357 by chickadee3357 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #167  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default News!! News!! News!!

Hey ladies -- please check out the news about the Monday Inspiration Challenge here.

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #168  
Die Cut Diva

I am so excited. I am so fortunate to be able to go to AZ to attend some classes -- and one of the best parts ever -- is that Wendy is going to come to my hotel and meet me IRL. Life is good.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #169  

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
I am so excited. I am so fortunate to be able to go to AZ to attend some classes -- and one of the best parts ever -- is that Wendy is going to come to my hotel and meet me IRL. Life is good.
It's gonna be way fun! Can't wait!!

Wendy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #170  
Kookie Creator

Smile Aussie Money

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Well I sure hope that's not in US Dollars! :confused:
LOL. No, your right, it is Australian Dollars, but it is probably between $200 and $300 US dollars. The kit is HUGE, there is an album with refills, every page, cardstock, embellishment shown in the kit (click on Kaszazz on my signature). The album shown took the lady 2 years to complete, it is a big undertaking. I think it will be good for me, cause I am documenting the years I became an adult, found out who I was (and wanted to be) met my husband and got married, bought my first house, and had my first child. LOTS to document!!

Jacqui
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #171  
Kookie Creator

The A-2-Z of Scrapbooking

THIS is the A2Z, just click and you can get a gander (sorry, Aus slang there for "have a look") at the album.

Jacqui
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 AM   #172  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

LOL. No, your right, it is Australian Dollars, but it is probably between $200 and $300 US dollars. The kit is HUGE, there is an album with refills, every page, cardstock, embellishment shown in the kit (click on Kaszazz on my signature). The album shown took the lady 2 years to complete, it is a big undertaking. I think it will be good for me, cause I am documenting the years I became an adult, found out who I was (and wanted to be) met my husband and got married, bought my first house, and had my first child. LOTS to document!!

Jacqui
WOW! That is incredibly expensive for a kit, well at least to me. Have a 'gander' ;-) at this site: Big Picture Scrapbooking ... Online Education you use your own supplies but the information and tools are wonderful. I took the course but unfortunately I'd gotten the flu at the time so I have not done the work yet (but will start soon). The information was fabulous and you always have access to the on-line information once you pay for the class or you can save it on your computer like I did...the site gives you better information than me :-) I'm not trying to talk you out of your kit, it's wonderful...just shocked about the price of it so thought I'd share how I plan to do mine. Once you do the album you can always change the 'topic' but use the same information to do that new album. A friend of mine loves the instructor, Cathy Zielske, and she's always doing A-Z albums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #173  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

How fun!!! Sure wish I could join the two of you!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #174  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
I wish you could too. I'm getting really excited and the sneak peeks we've had on our projects look amazing.

For anyone in the SLC area, there is an event "Discovering Possibilities" hosted by Oh My Crafts in October. Three of us are driving down there for that one as well.

5 more sleeps until we leave!
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #175  
Kookie Creator

Default Work Shop

Quote:

WOW! That is incredibly expensive for a kit, well at least to me. Have a 'gander' ;-) at this site: Big Picture Scrapbooking ... Online Education you use your own supplies but the information and tools are wonderful. I took the course but unfortunately I'd gotten the flu at the time so I have not done the work yet (but will start soon). The information was fabulous and you always have access to the on-line information once you pay for the class or you can save it on your computer like I did...the site gives you better information than me :-) I'm not trying to talk you out of your kit, it's wonderful...just shocked about the price of it so thought I'd share how I plan to do mine. Once you do the album you can always change the 'topic' but use the same information to do that new album. A friend of mine loves the instructor, Cathy Zielske, and she's always doing A-Z albums.
Cool, I had a look, I can see why you like it. I think I might do the course too (as long as I can do it from Aus, lol). With the kit I am buying this will be FANTASTIC to ensure I do a really good job of the album, and it says there are 12x12 instructions too. I like the fact I have options, do I copy the kit, or can I do some other one. Also, I am not good a journalling. Both will probably make this album the best I have ever done!!

They refered to Adobe, do I have to have that?

The album I will be doing is 54 pages and 12x12. They provide all the papers, the sleeves, the album, the ribbons, the tags, the stamps, the rhinestones, the flower box, the pens, the card stock, the brad kit, everything.

I do not have enough of my own stock to do the same job as the kit would give me, and I can use what is left over for other projects.

Thank so much for sharing this with me. Acutally, I will be travelling when it starts. I am going to have to get more inforation on it....

Cheers
Jacqui
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #176  

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Boy, wouldn't that be cool --Deb will be staying at The Wild Horse Pass Sheraton in Chandler and we're meeting there for dinner. It's a relatively new place and I've never been there. It's gonna be so fun. Deb will be the first SCS buddy whom I've met in person! We should have a lot to talk about! :p

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #177  
Kookie Creator

Default More information please...

Quote:

Have a 'gander' ;-) at this site: Big Picture Scrapbooking ... Online Education you use your own supplies but the information and tools are wonderful. The information was fabulous and you always have access to the on-line information once you pay for the class or you can save it on your computer like I did...the site gives you better information than me :-) I'm not trying to talk you out of your kit, it's wonderful...just shocked about the price of it so thought I'd share how I plan to do mine. Once you do the album you can always change the 'topic' but use the same information to do that new album. A friend of mine loves the instructor, Cathy Zielske, and she's always doing A-Z albums.
How does the work shop happen?

OK, the 4 weeks, do I have to be online, or is that when the information is available/sent to me? Cause I am going to be travelling to my new home town the first week, and the second and third will be finding jobs and a new house and childcare center etc. BUT I would love to do the course!!! Can I do the course, watch the videos etc once I get to the new place?

Do you think they will do it again?

Sorry to be such a pain, I have never done anything like this before. This website has opened up my world to SO MUCH more within scrapbooking.

Jacqui
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:18 AM   #178  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Cool, I had a look, I can see why you like it. I think I might do the course too (as long as I can do it from Aus, lol). With the kit I am buying this will be FANTASTIC to ensure I do a really good job of the album, and it says there are 12x12 instructions too. I like the fact I have options, do I copy the kit, or can I do some other one. Also, I am not good a journalling. Both will probably make this album the best I have ever done!!

They refered to Adobe, do I have to have that?

The album I will be doing is 54 pages and 12x12. They provide all the papers, the sleeves, the album, the ribbons, the tags, the stamps, the rhinestones, the flower box, the pens, the card stock, the brad kit, everything.

I do not have enough of my own stock to do the same job as the kit would give me, and I can use what is left over for other projects.

Thank so much for sharing this with me. Acutally, I will be travelling when it starts. I am going to have to get more inforation on it....

Cheers
Jacqui
When I took the class there were people from all over the world...I thought that was a cool aspect of taking an on-line class :-) You just need the Adobe reader which is a free download, Microsoft Word (or similar), plus she provides videos...very thorough courses. As with any scrapbooking class, you can reinterpret for your own needs so taking a sketch or an idea is transferable to any size project. That course does not provide a kit, you provide your own materials so you can customize however you want. Sounds like scrap supplies are not as easily accessible to you as to us here in the states; or, as inexpensive. Here, I can get what is in your kit for $75-$100 at our craft stores (w/ coupons ;-))..so that is why I have sticker shock :-) Good luck with your move & your project!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #179  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

How does the work shop happen?

OK, the 4 weeks, do I have to be online, or is that when the information is available/sent to me? Cause I am going to be travelling to my new home town the first week, and the second and third will be finding jobs and a new house and childcare center etc. BUT I would love to do the course!!! Can I do the course, watch the videos etc once I get to the new place?

Do you think they will do it again?

Sorry to be such a pain, I have never done anything like this before. This website has opened up my world to SO MUCH more within scrapbooking.

Jacqui
LOL! The dates are when the information is available to you and (I think) when you can get on-line live with Cathy Z. However, she has it very organized and there are areas that have FAQs & where you can send her a message; there is a lot of chatter (like here) with many of the participants.

Once you sign up for the class you have access to that class information forever! That's why I liked it. Remember I had the flu, it was the Swine Flu, and I was out of commission the whole time. I went back, created a file on my hard drive and downloaded the information but if I hadn't done that, I could still access the information with my 'Login' :-) It seems that it's done once a year, it was the same time last year that I took the class and I do not believe it was offered again during the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 AM   #180  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Boy, wouldn't that be cool --Deb will be staying at The Wild Horse Pass Sheraton in Chandler and we're meeting there for dinner. It's a relatively new place and I've never been there. It's gonna be so fun. Deb will be the first SCS buddy whom I've met in person! We should have a lot to talk about! :p
It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #181  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

and I get to meet her DH too. Wendy won't meet mine because somebody has to work to pay for all this! ;)

Actually it is our most busy time of the year right now, and this way my DH won't feel bad by the long, long hours he'll be putting in at our business. We are getting ready for harvest and we own the local farm machinery dealership (with 4 locations). So at this time of year, I hardly see much of him. He's happy that I'm going to be away doing this.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #182  

Quote:

and I get to meet her DH too. Wendy won't meet mine because somebody has to work to pay for all this! ;)

Actually it is our most busy time of the year right now, and this way my DH won't feel bad by the long, long hours he'll be putting in at our business. We are getting ready for harvest and we own the local farm machinery dealership (with 4 locations). So at this time of year, I hardly see much of him. He's happy that I'm going to be away doing this.
It's great that your DH doesn't mind that you take little scrapping jaunts and that you can afford them. I think many of us are fortunate to have understanding guys! (Well, they may not understand" our hobby/addiction, but they indulge us!

Yeah, I told Bob (my DH) that he has to leave us some time to talk about scrapping(!) since I know you both play golf and, like most golfers, he loves to "talk" golf! :p He also likes to talk about Arabian horses (used to raise, train and show them), but I'm guessing that's probably not one of your hobbies, although if you own farm machinery dealerships, it may tie in there somehow!! Anyway, I'm sure we'll find time for some chat about everything!

Four more sleeps til AZ now, right?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #183  
Die Cut Diva

hey, I can talk about anything! Yes, I LOVE to golf (not too many rounds since I tore the cartiledge in my knee -- yup, golfing in the rain :( ) Don't know too much about Arabian horses, but I do know that they are an absolutely gorgeous animal. And don't even get me started on scrapbooking! My DH and I have never been on a holiday that we don't visit the farm machinery dealerships, and yes, I can even talk about that Whatever you throw at me, I'm sure we can have a conversation about it.

4 more sleeps and counting......

Unfortunately I haven't been doing any scrapping this month. I've only completed 1 page -- better get busy if I'm going to meet my goal. Maybe this afternoon.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #184  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

2 more towards my goal. TFL 10/14 AUG 131 YTD

DSC09072_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #185  

2 more towards my goal. TFL 10/14 AUG 131 YTD

DSC09072_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #186  

Not sure why that posted twice sorry.......

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #187  

Here's another one for one of the older challenges. TFL

DSC08918_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #188  

One more for me today. DH golfed all day yesterday and is out of state today so that means lots of scrappin time for me!!! TFL

DSC08920_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #189  

Met my goal......14/14 for AUG. TFL

DSC09080_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #190  
Die Cut Diva

Patti - great pages. I tried to leave comments but I still can't do it. I really like "the cake" page.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #191  
Die Cut Diva

I started a 8x8 album last night and completed 16 pages- so I've doubled my goal for Aug!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #192  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Oh man, it is almost the end of the month and I have not done 1 page AGAIN this month. I know there is still some time but I am just not in the mood. kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #193  
Die Cut Diva

Don't sweat it! Creativity and inspiration have their own natural ebb and flow, just like everything else. You'll get back to it when you're ready!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Oh man, it is almost the end of the month and I have not done 1 page AGAIN this month. I know there is still some time but I am just not in the mood. kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #194  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Cool yup!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdoak03View Post
Don't sweat it! Creativity and inspiration have their own natural ebb and flow, just like everything else. You'll get back to it when you're ready!
I'm right there w/ ya.... I haven't finished anything for the last 2 weeks...not sure what's up but I seem to just sit at my scrap table lately...:o Sure is hard on the goal but I know when it starts to get colder here and my boys are back in college/school I tend to get busier scrappin'/card making/crafting...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #195  
Die Cut Diva

Me too. I've only completed one page this month. I just printed 600 photos, so at this rate I'm going to be 95 before I even take another picture!

Oh well, too much going on right now -- and winter is around the corner.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #196  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 57 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Babies do take up a lot of time, and fitting some time to sleep is important too! Hope you get a little "me" scrapping time in soon!
Yeap!!! Finally older son going to preschool hopping to get some scrapbook this week!!! But haven't time since DD was born 21/2 months!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #197  

Quote:

Me too. I've only completed one page this month. I just printed 600 photos, so at this rate I'm going to be 95 before I even take another picture!

Oh well, too much going on right now -- and winter is around the corner.

Oh, I have a feeling you'll be taking a few more pics before you turn 95!!! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #198  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

LOL! The dates are when the information is available to you and (I think) when you can get on-line live with Cathy Z. However, she has it very organized and there are areas that have FAQs & where you can send her a message; there is a lot of chatter (like here) with many of the participants.

Once you sign up for the class you have access to that class information forever! That's why I liked it. Remember I had the flu, it was the Swine Flu, and I was out of commission the whole time. I went back, created a file on my hard drive and downloaded the information but if I hadn't done that, I could still access the information with my 'Login' :-) It seems that it's done once a year, it was the same time last year that I took the class and I do not believe it was offered again during the year.

Right, thank you for that. So if I can not be available during the weeks it is run, but I can still do it after then.
They said on the website that the workshops will close the week after the course (each week??) but we can get permission to have access to it again after that. If I go ahead with it, looks like I will have 4 weeks worth of information to get back into.

Nice to know that I don't have to be there on the dates. BUT if I don't do it this year. Hopefully they will do it again next year (just one more time!!:rolleyes:;) )

Thanks for you help. I hope I have the time...

Jacqui

Last edited by beksmum; 08-22-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #199  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Oh, I have a feeling you'll be taking a few more pics before you turn 95!!! lol
Ladies, it must just be that time of the year, because I have been SB up a storm up until this month!! And then I just lost my "Pooof" (wind in my sails). And now I just won't have any more time to do anything till Mid September.

Hopefully I get the chance to totally blow my month by buying up a huge amount of stock. One nice thing about being disciplined is once in a blue moon rebelling and having a splerge!! lol.

Lets just raise our glasses to being human, loosing intrest for a moment, and having a good laugh about it.

Jac
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #200  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Ladies, it must just be that time of the year, because I have been SB up a storm up until this month!! And then I just lost my "Pooof" (wind in my sails). And now I just won't have any more time to do anything till Mid September.

Hopefully I get the chance to totally blow my month by buying up a huge amount of stock. One nice thing about being disciplined is once in a blue moon rebelling and having a splerge!! lol.

Lets just raise our glasses to being human, loosing intrest for a moment, and having a good laugh about it.

Jac
you're my kinda girl
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes