Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2022, 07:32 AM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Good morning,
While searching for books in my stash with scrapbook sketches I came across a couple of books on Altered Books, Journal techniques, what have you so I"ll be incorporating them on my blog and YouTube channel. Speaking of, I should add my YouTube link to my signature.

What's everyone working on?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2022, 04:31 AM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!
Sun may shine today. I'm hopeful.
I've started a Bee Journal using mostly Stampin' Up! items. This particular Bee series will run for the next 8 weeks on my YouTube channel, beginning today! Unless something comes up, all of the Friday posts will be Premiere's. Which means, I'll have the video playing but will have the chat room open so we can visit and you can ask any questions you may have.

Premiere's will run at 10 a.m. CST, giving us a short break before we move to Julie's Premieres.
I hope you'll join me. Youtube channel link is in my signature
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2022, 09:24 AM   #123  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon, everyone!
Just a reminder that my Junk Journal Friday video tomorrow will be a Premiere at 10:30 CST so we can chat and you can ask questions whle we watch the video.

Tomorrow's video is a triple pocket - fold out journaling spot from a single sheet of paper! Channel link is in my signature.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
kazeka (05-11-2022)
Old 06-03-2022, 06:51 AM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everyone!
Yep, I'm behind.
Caught Bob's cold just as my friend from England was ending her 3-day visit. I've spent a good part of May fighting it and sinus in time to squeak in at the last minute with my German Scrap challenge items. If you don't know what German Scrap is, I have a short description as well as a picture of the sheet I had to work with and the 5 items I made. Not necessarily a 'junk journal' but mixed media items

KellySCreativeDreams: GERMAN SCRAP CHALLENGE - Photo Heavy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2022, 06:53 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear Julie Julie's 'I Do June Just Junk Journal Challenge has begun. Here's the details video link.
I AM playing this month. While doing the German Scrap Challenge I realized how much I miss playing with all my toys.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2022, 06:55 AM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you don't want to do a big junk journal project, Cara Brandon creations has a weekly challenge for the entire month of June to 'make ahead' some small items.
Here's her video link:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2022, 08:58 AM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everyone!
I've not forgotten you... just been super crazy. I've had to fight for time to work on the bee journals. You can see the progress on my YouTube channel on Junk Journal Friday's.
Last Friday I showed how to make a 'shaker paper clip' I've never seen these done before so if you have, please point me to them so I can give credit.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2022, 09:02 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the shaker paper clip, like every other element in junk journaling, you can adapt them to fit your theme/ style.

As I said, it's been crazy here. From the end of May til about 2 weeks ago I've had company twice, been to 2 writing conferences and 1 writing retreat.
I'm working hard on the studio again. Now that I'll be leaving Stampin' Up! at the end of September, I no longer have to worry about what is 'current'. I can integrate all of my like supplies together - which means a big studio reorganization... Seems we're always doing that, aren't we? LOL

For the past week I've been taking advantage of the baking temperatures and low humidity to paint some furniture pieces. When they are completely cured, I can put the furniture back in place and continue on with the rest of the rearranging.

What are you all up to? Share what you've been working on. Ask questions for something you can't figure out and I'll try to direct you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2022, 11:07 AM   #129  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Lolly has a similar design, she does many paper clips. Here is her paperclip playlist.
Reply With Quote Likes
ScrappinCEO (08-21-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 03:39 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Thanks for sharing, Lolly's playlist. I do love to watch her videos.
Also, welcome to the thread. I'm trying to get here more often... honest lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2022, 03:45 AM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aside from working on the bee journals and organizing the studio, I"ve taken a couple of classes with Madi at Spectrum Art Creations. The most recent one was working with Lindy's Magicals. I do love them. They're like Ken Oliver's brushos but with a higher pigment. I bought the Jingle Bells collection and last night I bought 2 more individual colors.

I've also been drooling over Tim Holtz's new Chapter 3 releases. I put in a decent order for some of the pieces through JoAnn.com on Friday. They'll be here Tuesday. JoAnn has his stuff 40% off through today and a $2.99 shipping with code. I still have a few of his pieces I want. Mostly his new Labels set and some Archival Ink mini pads. Who knew you could STAMP with a die?! I'll be doing a video on that soon. In the mean time, here's a desk shot of the magicals I worked with in class last week.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2022, 06:25 AM   #132  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Aside from working on the bee journals and organizing the studio, I"ve taken a couple of classes with Madi at Spectrum Art Creations. The most recent one was working with Lindy's Magicals. I do love them. They're like Ken Oliver's brushos but with a higher pigment. I bought the Jingle Bells collection and last night I bought 2 more individual colors.

I've also been drooling over Tim Holtz's new Chapter 3 releases. I put in a decent order for some of the pieces through JoAnn.com on Friday. They'll be here Tuesday. JoAnn has his stuff 40% off through today and a $2.99 shipping with code. I still have a few of his pieces I want. Mostly his new Labels set and some Archival Ink mini pads. Who knew you could STAMP with a die?! I'll be doing a video on that soon. In the mean time, here's a desk shot of the magicals I worked with in class last week.

Gorgeous! Where are the magicals manufactured?
Reply With Quote Likes
ScrappinCEO (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found this under 'Our Story' when I clicked on their challenge information. They are in WA
https://www.lindysgang.com/pages/our-story
I see they have a color challenge I may need to check out ;-)

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 08-22-2022 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2022, 06:42 PM   #134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Kelly I love Lindy’s Magicals. I have both hers and Ken Oliver’s but Lindy’s are much more sparkly. I bought mine off Amazon years ago.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Girls

I know I've been absent and I've had to make some decisions.
I'm going to try hanging around for a bit after the first of the year but unless we start getting more interaction, I can't spend time here talking to myself.

Bob wants to retire so my first priority has to be to writing/ publishing books. I hope to release Book 2 in my current series late May 2023. I should have another around July then hopefully Book 3 in the series in late September.

I'm also re-opening my Etsy shop January 1st, featuring things to use in your journals.

I'm in the process of really digging out the studio and making great progress. I'm changing how I do things after the first of the year. I did the October challenge with Dear Julie Julie, and while it was stressful for me (raised my glucose numbers!) I did enjoy making all 120 items. But who needs that many items in a journal? I pulled 3 of everything I made - 1 for each signature then filed the rest in my Halloween supplies to use in future journals.

I am starting my own challenge series after the first of the year and I hope you'll join me. We won't make 6 or 10 of anything unless you want to. Each month will have a theme then each week there will be an element - you can make 1 or a dozen... whatever fits your.
You'll be able to use whatever you have in your craft room or want to buy to create with. It's wide open.

I'll be popping in here about 1x per week through the rest of the year just to chat and see what you're up to. Please share photos of what you're making. I'd love to see.
~ Creative Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #136  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Hi Girls

I know I've been absent and I've had to make some decisions.
I'm going to try hanging around for a bit after the first of the year but unless we start getting more interaction, I can't spend time here talking to myself.

Bob wants to retire so my first priority has to be to writing/ publishing books. I hope to release Book 2 in my current series late May 2023. I should have another around July then hopefully Book 3 in the series in late September.

I'm also re-opening my Etsy shop January 1st, featuring things to use in your journals.

I'm in the process of really digging out the studio and making great progress. I'm changing how I do things after the first of the year. I did the October challenge with Dear Julie Julie, and while it was stressful for me (raised my glucose numbers!) I did enjoy making all 120 items. But who needs that many items in a journal? I pulled 3 of everything I made - 1 for each signature then filed the rest in my Halloween supplies to use in future journals.

I am starting my own challenge series after the first of the year and I hope you'll join me. We won't make 6 or 10 of anything unless you want to. Each month will have a theme then each week there will be an element - you can make 1 or a dozen... whatever fits your.
You'll be able to use whatever you have in your craft room or want to buy to create with. It's wide open.

I'll be popping in here about 1x per week through the rest of the year just to chat and see what you're up to. Please share photos of what you're making. I'd love to see.
~ Creative Blessings!
I'm guilty too. We are working on a top secret improvement to the site that has consumed me.

I need to be better about posting here - junk journaling has been such a pandemic stress reliever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2022, 03:19 PM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I'm guilty too. We are working on a top secret improvement to the site that has consumed me.

I need to be better about posting here - junk journaling has been such a pandemic stress reliever.
Hi Lydia!
Great to see you pop in.
I just love playing with everything LOL.
I hope the changes won't be too drastic. I led a thread on the National Novel Writing site for 15 years, then they really changed up the format and I just couldn't get used to it. I had to let go of something I truly enjoyed because it was just too stressful of a learning curve for me.

Hopefully, you'll get some down time this week and can enjoy the holiday.
Hugs! for everything you do here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2022, 06:00 AM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.
Julie celebrated her 60th birthday on her channel yesterday. She did a Live and opened a journal that a lot of her followers/ subscribers/ friends contributed to.
Lots of inspiring ideas! I thought it cool that with so many people participating, there were no duplicate uses of her digitals. Everyone chose a different one - and it wasn't planned!

Be inspired all in one video with so many creative people:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2022, 03:09 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

I've posted a video of my final journal for 2022.
I've added it to my blog which will post in the morning 5 a.m. CST.
Will be the top blog post here - http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/

Tomorrow I'll be posting a video about something I'm bringing back to my channel and blog in 2023. That video will be linked on my blog and here on Monday.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas. Be safe, stay warm & Creative Christmas Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes
UnderstandBlue (12-24-2022)
Old 01-09-2023, 09:28 AM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good gravy!
You'd think with Bob being gone I'd get more done. Well, I have just haven't gotten in the swing of being where I need to yet. I'm kind of lost without my social media planner.
I wanted that printed out two weeks ago when I thought I'd be done cataloging my Stampin' Up! paper packs. I HOPING to finish that today.

I had mentioned I would be sharing a couple things I'm bringing back this year so I'll do those in separate posts so you can find them easier. The first one is a biggy! But there's still time to jumpin.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2023, 09:32 AM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default JANUARY Challenge - 2023

Good morning... Here is the blog post that has the videos describing the January challenge and the Week 1 challenge.

Keep in mind you are NOT LIMITED to the color scheme... those just need to be your focal point. You can bring in whatever other colors you want.

You can also make whatever you want. You can choose to do an entire journal or just do the Weekly Item prompts.

Please share what you're doing here.

Weekly items occur every Wednesday and I'll post the video link here but I'd love to have you subscribe to my YT channel and get the notifications so you'll always know what's going on.

http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot...ge-week-1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2023, 07:27 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!
I'm still cataloging all of my SU paper but I'm down to the last pack then I can put everything away! I'm so ready to be done with this project. I'll be sharing here and on my blog next week the embarrassing amount of paper pads (just from SU) that I have to play with.

In the mean time, here is the Week2 part of the #KCDJanJJ23 Challenge. I hope you'll play along.

Reply With Quote Likes
UnderstandBlue (01-11-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 07:14 AM   #143  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Bob should be home in a couple of hours and I still have a ton to do. I did finish the 2-week process yesterday of cataloging my Stampin' Up! dsp. Looking at the shelf you wouldn't know there are 150 packages up there! Guess I don't need paper for awhile.

I'm uploading my video where I spotlight tags from packaging inspired by my month-long guest, Gayle Agostinelli.
Here's my blog post about the project:
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot...ostinelli.html

Probably won't post again until Wednesday next week. The first weekend Bob is home belongs to him.
If you have wintery weather, please be careful. Stay home and craft!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2023, 10:13 AM   #144  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is Part 2 of the Gayle Agostinelli inspired tag from packaging!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2023, 07:10 AM   #145  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, crafty friends!

I've not kept up the posting here. I really need to get my planner pages printed so I don't forget stuff.. LOL That, and Bob's been home most of the month. He leaves Tuesday.

Add in a 15 hour power outage, followed by another 5 hours the next day... yep... posting has been interesting.
I'm hoping to post a flip-through of my January journal on Tuesday. The February challenge should post on Wednesday. This whole plan is contingent on whether or not I have power as we are do for another snow system in here Tuesday night into Wednesday.

In the mean time, here is my blog post with guest, Gayle Agostinelli -
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot...ostinelli.html

So what are you all up to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2023, 10:29 AM   #146  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Found you! I didn’t know you were still posting this. Somehow I lost it.

Here is where I loaded photos of my 12 Days of Christmas JJ. They finally have a category for it!

Junk Journals by smadson at Splitcoaststampers

I am only one there.

Reply With Quote Likes
ScrappinCEO (02-28-2023)
Old 02-12-2023, 11:45 AM   #147  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Bohodiva, I love your pages! So pretty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2023, 05:10 AM   #148  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone!

Sharon, your gallery has some lovely pieces. If you ladies haven't checked out her gallery, please do so.

I'm still here. I've been buried in the studio redo. I am determined to get it completely in order. So much so that I only got my Feb. elements made for my own challenge!!! My filming/ work table has been down most of the time as the filming corner is where I've been focusing my energy this month.

I am almost there!!!!
This photos in this blog post were taken last week. Bob helped me yesterday to solve the cube issue and I've already started putting things back in place.

http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot...ayproject.html

My new Monthly Challenge video goes up tomorrow. I'll drop the link in as soon is at is live.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2023, 05:17 AM   #149  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sharon,
would you please post the link to your scrapbook thread?

Also, would love to see you join us back at WOYWW. Miss you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2023, 04:09 AM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default MARCH COLOR CHALLENGE!

The March Challenge video is live PLUS the first challenge stick of the month!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2023, 01:31 PM   #151  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is the link to our scrapbook thread, Kelly.

March Scrappin’ and Chatter SBC23MAR by smadson at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2023, 07:27 AM   #152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Anyone playing CalvinBall with Alice Boll? So fun! Keeps me making layouts this month! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2023, 06:38 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.

I was off for a couple of weeks working on my book. I even took four days to work on location and do some last minute research.

If you check out my YouTube Channel, you'll see the challenges for this month March Challenge. All of the Challenges have the same thumbnail so they are easy to spot.

I've drawn a new stick for this week. Tomorrow I"ll have a 'craft with me' video where we will do Belly Bands for our journals. I'm going to show at least 3 different styles.

https://www.youtube.com/@KellysCreativeDreams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2023, 04:05 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

We're making belly bands today... a couple of different styles.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2023, 03:41 AM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I had a request to put this thread together but have had almost no sharing or interaction. From this point on, I won't be posting here anymore. Maybe someone else can pick up the baton and run with it.

Creative Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes