Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2023, 07:34 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Paper Storage

So I am sure all of you have lots of paper! I have my cardstock sorted and managed fine for now.... What I am wondering is about reams of extra paper? How do you store it? I have lots of smaller specialty paper stored in a bucket on one of my shelves. But I have at least 6 reams of a variety of paper stacked on the shelf. I could not get the same container at hobby lobby. They were in a built in file drawer in my old desk. I want creative ways to store things. My bottom drawer of my file cabinet has open paper in hanging file folders all labeled and ready to use, but it is full LOL.

Thanks for your help as we brainstorm this. I am doing google searches, but I must be putting in the wrong search parameters....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
DancesWithHooves (11-13-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 01:25 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,863 Posts

My cardstock is in Sterlite containers that hold the paper packs and nothing else. They are all stored standing on the 11 inch side. I can easily shuffle through them unless too full. This is what I use: https://www.sterilite.com/product-pa...oduct=18768606

I also have extra white paper, like Accent paper, placed in boxes that craft items came to my house in. Specifically I have My Favorite Things boxes with extra pieces of paper placed for safe keeping till needed.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Momof9Blessings (08-15-2023), Scrapjanny (08-15-2023), wavejumper (08-16-2023)
Old 08-15-2023, 10:26 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

I forgot about these - each of the kids had one for their homeschool work. Of course they all took theirs with them. I have one that has all of my printer ink in. I might be able to snag one from somewhere else in the house. I even had the double sized ones in the past.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Momof9Blessings:
addiec (08-16-2023), lovinpaper (08-15-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 04:08 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I got a plastic tower of drawers for letter size for cards bases...white, black, ivory, kraft...in a couple of weights.... When I get a ream it goes in there. Any back up reams (which I don't have much of) just go in a cabinet. I will say though the tower had wheels and they broke under the weight of 8 drawers of paper. So now it is on gliders. Unless you can afford a real quality piece (mine came from Michaels or something on sale-not quality) don't bother with wheels. It is a bit of a PITA to have to take all the drawers out to convert to gliders which I felt I had to do right away because the weight would scratch the floor when it tilted when the first wheel went.

Maybe a choice would be a fabric box from TJMaxx or one of those stores. Use a coupon for Michael's? Or cover a shipping box with DP and spray seal it or just paint it with acrylic paint. How often are you going to be going into it?
Reply With Quote Likes
addiec (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 04:12 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 56 Likes on 16 Posts

I am fortunate enough to have a designated craft room (I built a new house 3 years ago and it was a priority) I have 2- built in shelves that cover 2 walls that house all my stamp sets and dies. I have 3 filing cabinets all with 4 drawers for my cardstock alphabetically in file folders. Under my desk I have 8 Really Useful Boxes I got from Staples (also available online) It is the one labeled 9L-perfectly fits 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.

https://www.amazon.com/Really-Useful.../dp/B005KAOMSQ

I buy 110 lb cardstock for my card bases and 65 lb cardstock for my layers and sentiments. I buy from Michael's in bulk which means 9 reams 100 sheets each ream for the 110. My solution since there is no more room where I craft, was to put a 9 cubby shoe unit like this

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage-...vZcfzjZ1z0x6fc

in my small walk in closet. I did not buy the fabric rectangle boxes but simply stack the unopened reams on the shelves. The shelves hold 6 of the 110lb reams and 14 of the 65 lb(50 sheets to as ream) I also store boxes of A2 envelopes in one of the cubbies. Very happy I can stock up and have a place for my supplies. Hope this is helpful
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2023, 12:05 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

My husband came home with 2 of these from a thrift store for only $2 each... https://www.sterilite.com/product-pa...689004&mid=226

All but my small photo paper fit in them and on the bottom of the shelf, on the other side from my specialty papers etc. When I am done, maybe in a few more weeks, as I make a few tweaks here and there, I will do a video of my craft room / office. I am mostly done, other than finishing decorating my huge pegboard and a few small areas that I need to figure out what goes there.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Momof9Blessings:
gobarb26 (11-22-2023), lovinpaper (08-17-2023), ndhmkr (08-17-2023), wavejumper (08-26-2023)
Old 11-11-2023, 07:21 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

I use the boxes reams of copy paper come in to hold extra cardstock. When the portion I have in my cardstock drawer runs out, I get another stack from the boxes. Works well since the boxes held 8 1/2 x 11 1/2 paper originally.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jeanne3579:
gobarb26 (11-22-2023), wavejumper (11-16-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 04:12 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Our kitchen is being replaced and I've bagged the old pan-drawers and 4-drawer cabinet for my craft room. Have discovered that UK A4 paper/card will stand in the pan-drawers longways on, which has given me all sorts of ideas for re-hashing my storage. I already have a kitchen corner floor cabinet and the walls have kitchen wall cupboards all along them, installed when we moved here. I have two trolleys with 12 x 12 hanging files plus some Artbin 12 x 12 cases - although I'm not quite sure where they will go, now that I've taken up all the space with the new cabinets!

Lynda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2023, 07:57 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paper storage

Several years ago I purchased this unit from Amazon. It was an investment but has held up very well even to a move from Texas to Kansas. I purchased additional dividers as well to have more than 36 spaces. I’m very happy with the unit and how my paper is stored. I hope this will help as you look for paper storage
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Storage-img_2071.jpg   Paper Storage-img_1661.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
whim6915 (11-15-2023)
Old 11-15-2023, 08:25 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 246 Likes on 133 Posts

Thought a picture might help. these boxes all have lids, I just took some off to show how the packages of paper fit. These boxes were free, so makes them even better.

Not sure why the picture is sideways, but the paper actually stands vertically
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Storage-img_0930.jpg  

Last edited by jeanne3579; 11-15-2023 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Explaination
Reply With Quote Likes