Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #81  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone familiar with the quality of the Stamp N' Storage Steel Die Magnet Cards? I am interested in buying a few of them because all my efforts at this point for die storage have frustrated me with dies fall off, etc. I am worried they will get bent.

Thanks in advance for any reviews.

Tammy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2014, 04:01 AM   #82  
Cardstock Collector

Smile die storage

I bought some frames at the good will and some magnetic a/c grate covers from home depot. Piece the magnetic sheet in the frames, now all my dies hang on the walls. I just look around the room and see what I want to use
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Organizing dies-die-storage.jpg

I put mine on the wall using the magnetic vent covers. I like that I can see them, and use them more as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #84  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I use a CD case...I took all the dies (I just have nesties) out of the packaging and in each place where you would slide the cd in, I have that shape of nesties....it's really worked out well for me. I don't have a ton of dies....but if I were to get more - I would certainly keep this system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

I have my Nesties in clear plastic bags, the ones for cards, individually by set, and store them in SU clear plastic container. So far I have two full of them. They can hold a lot of dies.

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #86  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmimioneView Post
I am in love with the ArtBin magnetic storage system. I have 4 of them now. I group dies by type (butterflies, filllagree, flowers, etc. and have each bin numbered. I then typed out the list of what is in each bin. I don't have to flip through the magnetic sheets, I simply pick up my index sheets and can locate which bin I need and find the die quickly. They stack beautifully also.
I have the Artbin magnetic storage case....Not too impressed. The magnetic sheets wont stay flat and my dies fall off too easily :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #87  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to find magnetic sheets that fit perfectly in the avery elle stamp pockets.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #88  
Kookie Creator

Could you use these magnetic sheets and cut them to fit inside the pockets? I buy these because the price is very reasonable. I cut them to the size I want and stick them to a piece of chipboard for sturdiness.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #89  
Kookie Creator

Originally Posted by aspengirl View Post
I found it on Amazon. I will try to attach the link here, but if it doesn't work, just do a Google search for Faux Leather DVD File Boxes and it will find a couple different kinds for you.

[URL="http://http://www.amazon.com/Faux-Leather-Filing-Disc-Capacity/dp/B0073NVRC2"]

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspengirlView Post
Sorry, I tried everything I knew to make that a real link! Frustrates me!!
Your problem was having two http:// in your link (see above). When you copy the URL and go to paste, either include the http:// and totally delete the one on the hyperlink space OR just copy the actual website address without the http:// and make sure that one is not deleted when you add the URL onto the hyperlink space.

As to the storage problem... I can't help you there, mine is a mess and needs to be changed! Each method has its pros and cons, and I'm still waffling on the best one for me. Sorry...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmitchellView Post
Could you use these magnetic sheets and cut them to fit inside the pockets? I buy these because the price is very reasonable. I cut them to the size I want and stick them to a piece of chipboard for sturdiness.
That's a good possibility. After I posted ( of course) I found a package of 5x7 sheets on amazon. Close enough. But those are priced better so I may switch to cutting my own from larger sheets.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 05:18 AM   #91  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity3333usView Post
Is anyone familiar with the quality of the Stamp N' Storage Steel Die Magnet Cards? I am interested in buying a few of them because all my efforts at this point for die storage have frustrated me with dies fall off, etc. I am worried they will get bent.

Thanks in advance for any reviews.

Tammy
I am also interested in the stamp n storage system. Anyone else have this system and how do you like it?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

I am just now getting set up with it. I LOVE the Magnet Cards. They are nice size and Heavy Duty. At first I thought I might just use something else for a storage container, like a plastic crate box, etc. but these magnet cards would just be too heavy for something like those. I did get the Large Box, but looking back now, I think the medium one would be fine, again because of how heavy everything gets. I agree with the reviewers about having the top... I can see how unnecessary and in the way, a top would be. I'm glad I didn't get the top. I'm painting mine. Going to be putting some "feet" on the bottom and a pull handle in front. When done, I'll post a picture.

That said... I have tried a few different ways of storing the dies. The last way, I thought for sure, was the best...lol I like to have things out where I can see them. I got two bulletin boards and the magnetic sheets from Walmart and covered the boards and attached them to the back of my closet doors in the craft room... it was really convenient to just walk over get the die I wanted and them put it back... but then, if I banged into the door or brush into the board reaching for something on the shelf... one of them would fall off, etc.... and then there was only so much room to add more.... so I started looking around for another way to store and still be able to easily look at them....

Faith
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #93  
Rubber Obsessor

I use the Avery Elle storage pockets and vent covers cut down to fit inside. Each vent cover will make 3 sheets for the pockets. I adhere them to a piece of cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

I have been checking out the Stamp N' Storage system on line. It doesn't tell you inside/outside dimensions of the boxes, or if the boxes can be purchased separately from the magnetic cards. I watched the video and tried to find the information, but was unsuccessful. I'm not patient when searching for such things, as I think that should be something up front and obvious. Am I missing something, or have others had this problem? If you have the system, could you post the sizes? I have a limited spot for them, and need to know ahead of time if they will fit on the shelf. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #95  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I have been checking out the Stamp N' Storage system on line. It doesn't tell you inside/outside dimensions of the boxes, or if the boxes can be purchased separately from the magnetic cards. I watched the video and tried to find the information, but was unsuccessful. I'm not patient when searching for such things, as I think that should be something up front and obvious. Am I missing something, or have others had this problem? If you have the system, could you post the sizes? I have a limited spot for them, and need to know ahead of time if they will fit on the shelf. Thanks so much.

Jeanne, if you go to this link on their site you will see the sizes and prices. The sizes are shown in a diagram of each size in the scrolling photo section just above the description and the prices are determined by what drop down window combination you select....just the box in 3 sizes with or without the lid or as a bundle with the magnetic cards.

Hope this helps you out.

Wafer Die Storage - Stamp-n-Storage

They state in the description that the inside measurement is 7 1/8 inches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #96  
Glitter Queen

Faith, i have often wondered about the weight of the system. I would like the large...i have way too many dies! Lol. But i also worry about the weight. I guess i had better pick one secure spot for it if i do decide to purchase it.

Looking forward to seeing your photo of the finished Box.

One question though, the dies stay on well to the cards? I don't want them falling off. It would defeat the whole purpose.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 263 Likes on 144 Posts

Rainie55,
Thank you so much. I didn't even see that on the first few times on the site. It is very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #98  
Glitter Queen

Smile

Your welcome Jeanne. Glad you could find the info you were looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

The dies are NOT moving or falling off the card... The Magnetic cards that they sell are awesome... I feel are very worth the price. Not only do the dies hold well on the magnetic part, the whole card itself is going to hold up to handling.

I did buy the Large Box Bundle with the magnetic cards, plus extra Magnetic cards. The only thing I wish is that when you buy the bundle, you could get all the same size magnetic cards.... but it comes with both sizes... I really like the bigger size... it fits the largest of the card dies and the biggest dies that SU carries. I just didn't read too carefully, I was too excited to figure it all out. I would of liked the cards to be all the same size... I'm making some dividers with the die names on them.... Mary Fish had her Studio equipped with a lot of Stamp and Store. Here is the Medium boxes she has.... NEW VIDEO! My Stampin' Studio Die & Embossing Folder Storage - My Stampin' Studio! Mary Fish, Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator You can click on her Studio links and see a video tour and see how she has used some of the Stamp n Storage products....

Best Wishes... Faith
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 AM   #100  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dear! $145 for that? Go to Dollar Tree and get magnetic vent covers for $1 or Home Depot/Lowe's for $7 and cut them down to fit in a box (photo box, shoebox, pretty basket, etc.). Spend your money on dies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #101  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 748 Likes on 363 Posts

I gotta say...those boxes do look like something a person could make themselves if they get some plywood cut for them. DH project! LOL. but really we probably could do it with some wood glue and nails. 145 sounds like an awful lot.
Reply With Quote Likes