Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts
Question Storage ideas

I'm looking for suggestions for storage, wondering what other people do. Up till now my LOTV stamps have been divided between my Christmas collection, my clear stamps box and another box of miscellaneous unmounted rubber.But as the collection grows, it's starting to look like time to keep all the rubber ones together!
I usually mount mine on EZ-mount, and can fit two mounted stamps in each of those plastic envelopes they come in, so it's probably just a case of finding or making a box of the right dimensions, but I'd love to hear what other people do.
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stored mine a couple of ways.....first, I use some photo boxes from Michaels and use index cards to divide them by the categories that LOTV uses on their site. I file them with the sleeves that they come in from the shop, but they have to lay down just slightly to fit. Other times I have attached a couple of stamps to a piece of magnetic photo refills that I have cut to 4x6 to fit into the box and I can put two sometimes three images on each and then file accordingly. If you don't understand what I mean I can take a picture. I would love to hear how others store theirs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Cardstock Collector

Hi - LOTV sell binders that are just the right size for the stamps - you just need to punch a couple of holes in the plastic pouch and Bob's your uncle!! They're white opaque but are lovely when they're decorated up! There are a few samples on Pinterest! They're not on the website but can be posted out for the cost of postage if you e-mail through. x
Hardware Hotshot

I just use photo boxes from Michaels. I have them organized by manufacture. Then I store them in a big plastic cabinet.
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by OodlesofpaperView Post
Hi - LOTV sell binders that are just the right size for the stamps - you just need to punch a couple of holes in the plastic pouch and Bob's your uncle!! They're white opaque but are lovely when they're decorated up! There are a few samples on Pinterest! They're not on the website but can be posted out for the cost of postage if you e-mail through. x
Those sound good, but I don't store any of my other stamps in binders, so I don't think that's the way to go for me personally...Most of my stamps are in plastic trays (about letter-paper size), but that doesn't really work for unmounted ones.
VSN Coordinator
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

I can't do binders either. But right now I'm using a plastic container with a lid similar to a photo box. I think I might convert to a photo box with dividers though! I like that idea best! And I do plan to get my Sharpie and write the name of the stamp on the sleeve itself at the top...I also keep my stamps in the sleeves they come in.
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Writing the name on the plastic sleeve is a great tip, Lee! It would save me looking up my supply list in Google drive every time. Thanks for that idea .

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts

I need to find some stamp set sized ziplock bags. I don't like keeping stamps in their plastic sleeves, because the sticky strip on the bag drives me crazy. :shock: Isn't that SILLY???? :oops:
VSN Coordinator

I have stamp set size ones I use and then stand them up in a photo box container size basket/box for sets I have that are on the hard plastic sheets. but for LOTV I just keep them in the sleeves because they don't have that sticky strip Tricia!
Gabfest Goddess

Do you put yours on ez mount, Lee? I have mine in enclosed binders. They would take up less room probably if I didn't have them on ez mount, but I'm kind of committed at this point.

They don't have the sticky strip??? Oh, then I must get a few! LOL! I love the James bear ones!! And the bunnies. Oh, and the kitties. And the dogs... sigh. I think I just need more TIME!!

I DO need your source for bags, though, Lee.
Embossing Fanatic

HI - we sell the stamp pouches separately if you'd like some. The A6 size are the ones for the rubber stamps - Stamp Pouches xx
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Do you put yours on ez mount, Lee? I have mine in enclosed binders. They would take up less room probably if I didn't have them on ez mount, but I'm kind of committed at this point.
Hi Niki - have you come across Tack n Peel? - it sticks to the block rather than the stamp and is very easy to use. This is a video about it if you'd like to have a look - Mount Stamps to Acrylic Blocks with Tack 'N Peel - YouTube x

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lili of the ValleyView Post
HI - we sell the stamp pouches separately if you'd like some. The A6 size are the ones for the rubber stamps - Stamp Pouches xx
I will definitely have a few of these on my order!!!!
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

No...I don't have any of my unmounted stamps on cling. I just use my atg gun to run a bit across the acrylic block to stick the stamp down. And I do generally find that stamping my image upside down gives me a much better impression also!
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Lee! I've never had an impression problem with lotv stamps. but I do usually stamp on a foam pad, too. I would love to get away from ez mount, but I don't know what I would do with the hundreds of stamps already on the ez mount. (Bit of an addict when it comes to lotv stamps! lol) Have you ever tried to take the foam off? Wondering how I would get the sticky off. Hmm...

I haven't used Tack n Peel before. I've heard of it but never tried it. Does it make the block cloudy so it would be difficult to use clear stamps still?

I think this thread needs photos of everyone storage. ;)
VSN Coordinator

Hmmm....I've only ever put one unmounted stamp onto EZ mount and decided it was too hard since I have a TON of unmounted stamps! LOL I have lots of different types of stamps....wood blocks, foam mounted, unmounted. My wood blocks are stored on the little door shelving of my big craft cabinet hubby and my FIL built me. Foam mounted all GKD and stored by Illustrator on the little binder boards and then in ziptop bags. Unmounteds are stored in the sleeves they come in into shoebox size containers with lids. Hang on and I'll post a couple pics! ;)
VSN Coordinator

Hope the pics are ok....there isn't a way to add attachments with the little paperclip thingie unless I'm just missing it, so I direct uploaded using photobucket.

1. wood mounted on the door shelving

2. cling mounted stored in zip bags

gkdstampspinkmel_zpse73e521e.jpg

3. unmounted in sleeves and then containers

lotvstampsbox_zpsc5b80650.jpg
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks, Lee!
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Niki - I asked the DT about Tack n Peel and those that use it love it! They recommend you have 1 block with it for the rubber stamps and have another one with whatever you normally use for the clear ones. x
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. I think I'm going to give it a try for a while and then decide if I want to unmount the rest of my stamps. I have so many that it's kind of daunting to think about. ;)
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. I think I'm going to give it a try for a while and then decide if I want to unmount the rest of my stamps. I have so many that it's kind of daunting to think about. ;)
Hi Nikie I have a question.. Why would you want to take the ezmount off the stamps that already have it on? Also once you remove the ezmount.. Then how are you going to store the bare rubber stamps? I've used tack n peel before and it's ok in my opinion except you have to be careful where you leave your block or put it down...cause everything will stick to it.. Dust, hair, paper... So I stuck with the ezmount route. :-)

Tia Jen
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Jennifer,
I was thinking of taking them off the ez mount mostly for storage purposes. I also have some stamps still on the thin, black ez mount and they are no longer clinging well. I had hundreds of stamps on the thin, black ez mount that started falling off their storage sheets when they lost the cling. I remounted quite a few of them, but I still have all my High Hopes stamps and some LOTV on the black cling. It's such a pain and I worry about the grey foam losing it's cling as well. I just wonder if I would be ahead to switch over instead of having to redo things when they lose their cling. Seems like it would be easier with bare rubber as well because it usually takes me a while to find the time to mount the stamps before I can use them. I have used stamps by just rolling a piece of tape and sticking it to the back. Actually works pretty well without the hassle of mounting them on ez mount.

I might just leave those already mounted on ez mount and then just not mount any more as I get new stamps. It would just be strange to have some stored one way and others stored another. I worry I wouldn't be able to find things very easily. I don't know yet what I want to do.
Stazon Splitcoast

I hear ya Nikie! It's like we organize more then stamp sometimes!! Do you have a nifty way to store unmounted bare rubber stamps? Mine right now are just tossed in a basket. But I would like them to be better organized.

I got some of the LOTV Stamp Pouches on my last order and I LOVE them. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!! The large size fits the 4x6 sheets of clear stamps perfectly and I'm so excited to get more of them. I have baskets of stamps that have fallen off their sheets and i end up digging through the bottom of my basket to find the one stamp I want. Now they can be contained!