Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Inspiration (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/)
-   -   IC418 - Hollanders {12-06-13} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/inspiration-88/ic418-hollanders-%7B12-06-13%7D-581822/)

girlgeek101 12-06-2013 04:03 PM

IC418 - Hollanders {12-06-13}

5 Attachment(s)
I think the most natural place to get inspiration is directly from our products...the papers, the inks, and the stamps themselves provide a great point of inspiration. So this week I've chosen a site known for it's variety of beautiful paper and bookmaking product: Hollanders.

My guest hostess today is Loll Thompson! I encourage you to revisit her gallery because everything she does is beautiful and inspiring!

Our inspiration cards:
Loll's Card
My 1st Card

For those of you who say you get overwhelmed with having too many choices, I've uploaded 5 of our favorite images which are shown below. So you may just stick with one (or all) of those for your inspiration. (Click on the images below to see them bigger.) Whether you choose one of those, or pick something entirely different, please let us know which photo served as your inspiration piece. (I suggest you put the URL on a line by itself - so that we're sure everyone can link off to it.) All inspiration should link back to the Hollanders site.

Use the keyword: IC418 (no spaces or extra characters) when you upload your card, and make sure you put commas between your keywords.

[B]Challenge Goals
Don't be tempted to upload a card that you have made prior to this challenge, just because an image reminds you of it. :cool: Rather, take the challenge of allowing your creative juices to flow based on your impressions when you look through the pictures on the site. Remember, it can just be the color palette that ignites your creativity. Whatever draws you to the designs, take the challenge of doing something uniquely inspired today.

IC418 Gallery

How to Play ~ View the attached images. You may be inspired to recreate the pieces ~ but that isn't necessary ... get your inspiration from the colors, layout, style or 'theme'. Just enjoy wherever your inspired creative journey takes you. Remember, if you are inspired by the creation of another artist, please do not use print-outs of the art in your creation or directly copy their work. Make the inspiration piece your own. Don't worry ~ no card is 'wrong' and there is no time limit for uploading your card for the challenge. There are no rules, so let your creative juices run wild ~ be *inspired* and go get stamping!

Don't forget about No Upload Sunday - Let's give the gallery moderators a day off and not upload on Sunday (unless, of course, you are a Fan Club member - yet another reason to spend a little money on your favorite site). Also, remember to link to your SCS gallery on this thread. Thank you for joining me on this inspiration journey.

Helpful links:
What is the Inspiration Challenge?
Subscribe to the Master List for Notifications
How to Post Your Card Image
How to Add Links to Postings

k dunbrook 12-06-2013 07:18 PM

wow...great place to be inspired by....thanks!

here is my card:

Icy Blue

Reddyisco 12-06-2013 11:05 PM

Thanks for the challenge! Here's mine.

sistersandie 12-07-2013 01:43 AM

Thank you for today's inspiration, and for taking the time to prepare the challenge! Here's mine

IC418 - Tiffany by sistersandie - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Happy weekend everyone
Sandie
x

Holstein 12-07-2013 04:24 AM

Thanks Audrie for another awesome site, and your time to give us this challenge. I needed to make a sympathy card, and wanted to make it personal, and this site gave me the inspiration. Here is my card.
IC418, Sympathy by Holstein - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

GardenDiva 12-07-2013 04:31 AM

Great website Audrie.......... here's my card.

IC418 Precious Bundle by GardenDiva - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

jdmommy 12-07-2013 04:55 AM

Thanks, Audrie! What a fabulous site! Here's mine:
IC418, Thinking of You

angelladcrockett 12-07-2013 06:10 AM

Awesome challenge today!!! If I can get away with it, I will try for a second card later!

Lavender and Navy Inspiration

stampingout 12-07-2013 06:33 AM

My card!

IC418-Sweet Moments Of The Season by stampingout - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Precious Kitty 12-07-2013 06:35 AM

I always have such fun with this challenge every Saturday!! I chose this fun print for my inspiration:

This is my card:

IC418: Fowls of the Air

gabalot 12-07-2013 06:58 AM

FAB site Audrie! Couldn't stop looking and I wish I could make cards all day long! :) My card for today was inspired by the colors in some beautiful paper.

Thank God, Trust God for Sue

Thank you for looking! :)

Crafty Julia 12-07-2013 07:48 AM

IC418 Travel Happiness

Awesome papers!! I was inspired by the Pomegranate Boxed Notelets with its vivid color scheme. I did a window style card, with my message on the inside, with the outside frame accented with fabric strips. Here's Travel Happiness

Miss Minx 12-07-2013 09:02 AM

I made a couple of things, since I still have Christmas gifts to make. I had a difficult time with this challenge for some reason, but good news though - I finished my Christmas cards. Yay!!

Here's my card: C'mas Card 2013 by Miss Minx - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

And I made a set of coaster as well: Vintage Map Coaster by Miss Minx - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for the challenge :)

BarbieP 12-07-2013 02:30 PM

Audrie, this was such a fun site - plus I have had time to play - YAY. Here is my card:

Believe in Yourself by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Arizona Maine 12-07-2013 04:28 PM

At first I didn't think I could find inspiration but this site is great! Here's my birthday card

artystamper 12-07-2013 05:13 PM

Here's my silver blue card! Silver Blue by artystamper - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

BobbiesGirl 12-08-2013 04:43 PM

Neat site to roam around in. Here's my card.

Jo Ann F. 12-11-2013 04:43 AM

This store looks fantastic! Wish I could stop by in person. I'm drooling over those racks of paper. I hope I get time for the challenge, but if not I will definitely come back to it.

sadiejane929 12-14-2013 01:20 PM

Hollanders Hedgehogs

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my card:

IC418-Hollanders Hedgehogs-sj929 by sadiejane929 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
And here is my inspiration:

Cook22 12-27-2013 06:19 AM

I made my leaf on the day of this challenge - and then lacked the next stage of inspiration to use it on something.
Here it is now :D.
MIX48 Multi-Challenge With Scraps

cynserely 01-30-2014 02:01 PM

Sweet papers! I choose this one.