Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

stamp300 12-05-2015 08:38 AM

Good morning ladies....everyone posts pictures of kitties, I want one. I'm lucky to play with Rachael's kitties because she lives here. I actually met Rachael at a McDonald's a couple years ago when we found out we lived in the same state & close by from a Face Book card group.

I may just to look into the Misti a lit bit more & check it out. Sounds like something I need.

stamp300 12-05-2015 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbugdriver (Post 21130962)
How bad am I? I totally forgot about this!!!! Is there a list of all the winners somewhere? Congrats to all the winners. What great prizes for a good cause.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t603813.html

Looks like you won $25 prize for Hero Arts. Congrats Karen.

melissa59 12-05-2015 10:51 AM

Today will likely be the last day that we see activity in this thread so I want to take the opportunity say CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, including the final four that are yet to come!

Also, a big THANK YOU once more to our hostesses for challenging us to stretch our imagination and for their encouragement.

I discovered a company that I did not know about. I like their stamps and their very affordable shipping to the U.S. When I get around to placing an order (it might be a couple months) I'm going to send them a note letting them know that I learned about them through their participation in our challenge. I would like to encourage anyone who purchases from one of the sponsors to do the same. After all, if they know they are appreciated, they might continue to their sponsorship in the future.

muscrat 12-05-2015 03:51 PM

Congrats MISTI winners!

mamaxsix 12-05-2015 04:12 PM

I was sure the last prizes would be awarded. I have been out of the house all day and it feels really good to sit down!

kyann22 12-05-2015 04:24 PM

We've had a much better day at my house today. We went to Costco and got a few things and had lunch out. Jason took Laila to the park and they had a good time until the end. She is not good at stopping when she's having fun. Who is though, right?

I've been trying to color on and off today when I got a chance. I haven't been able to put many cards together because of a mental block or something, so I'll have images ready once that goes away. I just broke my desk chair, so I might be heading to relax with Netflix for a bit.

Anyone have a good chair that is not on wheels? I lean too much and break the wheels off, so I need to go with something else. It's not like I roll around anyway.

Hope everyone else has had a good day!
http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...cc3569abde.jpg

Shailiekat 12-05-2015 05:17 PM

Spill the beans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21131140)
I discovered a company that I did not know about. I like their stamps and their very affordable shipping to the U.S. When I get around to placing an order (it might be a couple months) I'm going to send them a note letting them know that I learned about them through their participation in our challenge. I would like to encourage anyone who purchases from one of the sponsors to do the same. After all, if they know they are appreciated, they might continue to their sponsorship in the future.

Who did you discover that you didn't know about?

Shailiekat 12-05-2015 05:20 PM

Hello.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarling (Post 21130994)
Well, I did not win a thing (big surprise :)) but I am so very happy for everyone who did win these wonderful prizes. It has been such a blast to participate in this challenge and hang out with all of you here, on the edge of my comfy chair in case my luck did change haha. I will miss hanging out with everyone!

Would you like my Score pal prize. I already have a score board I absolutely love. If you dont have one I think you would absolutely love it.

FayeMakesCards 12-05-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22 (Post 21131314)
Anyone have a good chair that is not on wheels? I lean too much and break the wheels off, so I need to go with something else. It's not like I roll around anyway.

I was going to say...I just put a large size chair on wheels at the end of our driveway with "FREE" on it and it was gone in less than an hour this morning!

Love putting things out at the end of our driveway...our house is 2 blocks from the road so we can't see when people stop to get things but we can see that an item isn't there any more...

muscrat 12-05-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramomma (Post 21131371)
I was going to say...I just put a large size chair on wheels at the end of our driveway with "FREE" on it and it was gone in less than an hour this morning!

Love putting things out at the end of our driveway...our house is 2 blocks from the road so we can't see when people stop to get things but we can see that an item isn't there any more...

I thought my mom and dad were the only ones who did this! And since I can see the road, she will call and ask if I saw someone pick it up because she couldn't believe how quick it went. The last thing she put out was a bicycle with no seat. It was gone as soon as she got back up in the yard!

hotwheels 12-05-2015 05:47 PM

no mom and do that too Lol! It funny things people take and look at!!:wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21131387)
I thought my mom and dad were the only ones who did this! And since I can see the road, she will call and ask if I saw someone pick it up because she couldn't believe how quick it went. The last thing she put out was a bicycle with no seat. It was gone as soon as she got back up in the yard!

FayeMakesCards 12-05-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21131387)

I took pictures of the rolling chairs we had in the basement and asked my sons if they were theirs and did they want them...one didn't want his...so out to the road it went...

I also asked if they wanted their books of Statehood Quarters...they both said yes to that question!

We are downsizing without moving and our 5-bedroom house is becoming very pleasant for the 2 of us! Bikes will happen sooner than later but they are in the garage...and I have all 3 children's bikes except the boys' very first little one that was like a scooter with peddles...I think there are at least 12 to get rid of sooner...

FayeMakesCards 12-05-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 21131392)
no mom and do that too Lol! It funny things people take and look at!!:wink:

We've done desks, filing cabinets, but nothing really odd yet...glad someone wants it rather than it going to the landfill. Every thing has been usable, just not needed at our house.

muscrat 12-05-2015 06:19 PM

DH bought bikes for us a few weeks ago from a friend and took the big seat from the seatless bike mom just got rid of! Were going to start riding in the spring and that tiny little banana seat on his was painful! LOL

muscrat 12-05-2015 06:20 PM

I wish people would put stuff out that I needed!

FayeMakesCards 12-05-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21131419)
I wish people would put stuff out that I needed!

Like more stamps?

My husband did paint the new craft room today and he also bought some cabinets that he thought would be useful in there for me (I was willing to use the old stuff but he wants to have it look nice since it is now on the main level of the house)...this next week I will start moving my stuff upstairs...and I am going to get rid of things I don't think I will use...:shock:

muscrat 12-05-2015 06:29 PM

Exactly! Why doesn't anyone put stamps, or big shots, or craft tables out?

FayeMakesCards 12-05-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21131423)
Exactly! Why doesn't anyone put stamps, or big shots, or craft tables out?

I did put a table out 2 weeks ago but no one took it so it finally went to the local thrift store! It was octagon shape with a leaf and didn't work well for crafting...now I have a 6-foot table from the garage that I'm going to try using!

kyann22 12-05-2015 06:58 PM

Ha!! We rarely take big items to donate. The driveway gets rid of them pretty fast here as well. :)

melissa59 12-05-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shailiekat (Post 21131362)
Who did you discover that you didn't know about?

When I tell you, you'll think I've been hiding under a rock the past three years. Close ... not under a rock, but haven't been doing any crafting until the past couple months.

New to me shops are:
MarkerPOP
Serendipity Stamps
Power Poppy
Seaside Stampin' Ink
Flonz

Flonz is the one I'm really excited to see because I've been wanting some vintage vehicles and maybe some vintage ladies. And shipping is a flat $2.99 from New Zealand to California.

Power Poppy is also on my radar. The floral designs are beautiful and I'm also intrigued by the Farmers Market set.

Redbugdriver 12-06-2015 03:55 AM

Thanks Connie for letting me know.

kyann22 12-06-2015 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21131496)
When I tell you, you'll think I've been hiding under a rock the past three years. Close ... not under a rock, but haven't been doing any crafting until the past couple months.

New to me shops are:
MarkerPOP
Serendipity Stamps
Power Poppy
Seaside Stampin' Ink
Flonz

Flonz is the one I'm really excited to see because I've been wanting some vintage vehicles and maybe some vintage ladies. And shipping is a flat $2.99 from New Zealand to California.

Power Poppy is also on my radar. The floral designs are beautiful and I'm also intrigued by the Farmers Market set.

MarkerPOP is my go-to store these days and I really like them!

As far as vintage vehicles, I might have a couple that I don't use that would love a new home. Let me find them and I'll send you a picture to see if you'd like them!

FayeMakesCards 12-06-2015 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59 (Post 21131496)

I choose to live under the rock...I can not afford my wants...and anyone who has been at my house know I have enough already!

Going to make Hannah (she's turning 11 now) a gift package from my excess for her birthday...she will enjoy having some cards to put together this winter when she doesn't come to visit me!

taclary 12-06-2015 05:11 AM

Thanks for sharing those sites Melissa. I love new stamp companies. It is fun to find new ones and support them. Another one I found recently is Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Anyone else have new ones?

maria116 12-06-2015 09:31 AM

I'm hoping we'll see the final winners today. Tomorrow I'm having knee replacement surgery and will be out of commission for awhile. I'll be able to check postings, but I won't be doing much card making since all of my craft supplies are downstairs in the basement. I posted the last 2 cards that I had to finish before tomorrow - whew! Thank you again to all of the prize sponsors and to all of the hostesses for such fun challenges.

ohmypaper! 12-06-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shailiekat (Post 21131364)
Would you like my Score pal prize. I already have a score board I absolutely love. If you dont have one I think you would absolutely love it.

Do not be too hasty to give away your prize!!! Scor-pal has super fun, dies now!!!!

SCOR-DIES | Scor-Pal

Here's the Product Focus page:

Splitcoaststampers - Product Focus

They are so much fun!!! They make the cutest pen pal gifts but check out this gallery and you can see that they are so versatile you can use them for card making too!!!! (I am guessing that the GV would be good for anything on their site!)

Gallery:
ScorDiesPF2015 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com

ohmypaper! 12-06-2015 10:23 AM

I am super excited to see the winner's names on the Sponsor list!!! It was fun to view your cards during the month of October and now see your winnings!!!

Congrats to all!!!!

yoorah 12-06-2015 10:34 AM

Congrats to all the latest winners! And I'd also like to add my thank you to all the hostesses. I checked out the thread regarding responses from the patients was it made me misty eyed. Didn't realize the extent to which it touched some of them. Will definitely be back next year to do this challenge again.

stamp300 12-06-2015 06:35 PM

Good evening ladies....My hubby & I spent the morning riding in the annual toy run for Children's Hospital...the weather was a bit chilly in the early morning but then was perfect.

It is nice to check out the sponsors, I already ordered from Seaside Stamps, got love them for the industry I work in.

Have a good evening & chat when I can in the morning.

mamaxsix 12-06-2015 06:47 PM

I spent the afternoon helping to clean at one of our church member's houses. He is somewhat of a hoarder and it was really difficult. He comes home from a short term stay at a nursing home tomorrow and I didn't want him to go back to what he left. It is a good reminder to keep plugging away at clearing stuff out my house! I don't ever want my kids to have to slog through gobs of excess things....stuff comes in all the time so stuff has to be going out.
That is definitely something I have to be thankful for with my parents...Mom was always an immaculate housekeeper and everything constantly organized and sorted through. Dad is much the same and all his financial stuff is in order too. Having gone through this now with several families it is a wonderful gift to leave behind for your family. We see LOTS of families having to deal not only with the sorrow of their loss but also with complicated financial stress, missing wills, and houses filled with lots of belongings to go through.

mamaxsix 12-06-2015 07:06 PM

The Cutthroat Kitchen that is currently playing features Lydia's favorite, Fabio!

UnderstandBlue 12-07-2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21132118)
The Cutthroat Kitchen that is currently playing features Lydia's favorite, Fabio!

I LOVE HIM!!!!

I was thinking when I was watching that if you were ever feeling sad you should keep a show with him DVR'd - I cannot see him without laughing till my sides hurt!

BRB with the (sniff) last four.

I hope everyone had a great weekend - mine was 48 hours of crazy.

The Other was hunting, and Friday I prepped for my class, Saturday had class and then that evening my customer Christmas party (so fun) and then Sunday tried (only got halfway before I collapsed on the couch) to finish up an online class. I need to come back to work to rest!

UnderstandBlue 12-07-2015 03:21 AM

PRIZE WINNER POST

Without further ado.....

Here are our final four winners of the Chameleon prizes! These are great - I bought them last year and they're really fun - have fun with these.

Winner #1

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...681e32b277.jpg

Winner #2

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...86820fc3b8.jpg

Winner #3 (ummm that flame EF is super cool!)

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...b09e989111.jpg

Winner #4

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...c082e366cb.jpg

Congratulations to EVERYONE - everyone who made & mailed cards - thank you for your kindness. To everyone who left comments and chatted - we love you! To the winners - ENJOY!!!

xxxxooooo

FayeMakesCards 12-07-2015 03:26 AM

Thank you to all the sponsors and congrats to all the participants...and to the winners of prizes...

I'm going to be moving around my house like a crazy woman so I can stay warm...no working furnace.

Thankfully the MN weather is not in the low digits yet...its 30* outside right now but 58* in the house...

Won't be sitting at the computer today! :shock:

mamaxsix 12-07-2015 04:08 AM

Oh my word, I'm so excited! I've wanted to do more coloring, but haven't had the budget to buy the markers. What a perfect way to start out my week and what a wonderful cap to another great year of HYCCT!

Precious Kitty 12-07-2015 04:14 AM

Congratulations to the last four winners! And also everyone who participated in the HYCCT challenges -- we are all winners! Special thank you to the sponsors and to Lydia and her helping staff. God bless!

germanstampler 12-07-2015 04:14 AM

Congrats to the last HYCCT 2015 winners !!!

Thanks for this great event (it�s always FUN), thanks to all the Hostess�and thanks to all the generous Sponsors and Players.

FayeMakesCards 12-07-2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21132265)
Oh my word, I'm so excited! I've wanted to do more coloring, but haven't had the budget to buy the markers. What a perfect way to start out my week and what a wonderful cap to another great year of HYCCT!

I was excited for you when I saw your name on the list...I too like to color but I struggle with light and dark shadows so I just happily color with my Crayola colored pencils...my son took the Gamsol we once had...I might some day want to replace that as I did enjoy using it on occasion!

Enjoy your pens.