Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/)
-   -   HYCCT15 Prize Drawing Thread - opens Monday, November 16th! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-299/hycct15-prize-drawing-thread-opens-monday-november-16th-605329/)

LuvLee 12-01-2015 10:07 AM

BONUS HUGS!!!!!

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...b84bad9ea1.jpg

Shoe Girl 12-01-2015 10:32 AM

Lee, I squealed with delight when I opened this page. That is so ADORABLE!!!! What is not to love about a bear hugging a kitten?

mrslaird 12-01-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21128133)
I'm answering several times because I need hugs today!

Hugs!!!

MaryR917 12-01-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21127393)
I'm baaaccckkkkkk!!!

Catching up on site help emails and getting ready to post the last drawing's BONANZA winners.

But FIRST - how far are you into your holiday leftover recipes??

Last night I made turkey noodle soup and turkey broth for the freezer and tonight I will make turkey pot pies.

What are your favorite ways to use turkey for leftovers? Don't forget to update the recipe thread with your faves!

The turkey noodle soup recipe I used was Martha Stewart's and I'll add it. I either added too many noodles or not enough stock because this morning it's a big container of (delicious) turkey infused noodles with no broth - LOL

I tried a panini recipe from Food Network - it was fabulous. They called it Thanksgiving leftover panini. You use turkey, Swiss cheese, fresh cranberry sauce, stuffing and gravy. I used Tuscany bread as well and then put it on the panini grill. My hubby loved it. Today I am going to make a Turkey tetrazzini and then Turkey frame soup on Wednesday.

kyann22 12-01-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarling (Post 21128114)
That's so great � thank you for doing that for her.

And now I wish I lived closer because I would be tempted to bring a few friends and do a little card class in the lounge on her floor! Depending on how she feels, of course. Wouldn't that be fun? Crafting is pleasure, but it also heals.

That's a great idea! Maybe if I keep talking with her and she has a while left down here I can ask her about doing that! I'm shy around new people, but crafting is a good help with that.

MaryR917 12-01-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvilbaum (Post 21126028)
Well, Angie is having fridge issues and I'm having computer issues. Probably most of the issues are from me not knowing how to use this new computer printer set up. I bought a New laptop (windows 8.1) and an all in one printer (wireless) and I have had such a hard time figuring out how to print from the thing. I was doing OK until I did the windows 10 upgrade. I have been able to print from word but no where else. Now I cannot even print from word. If I get any response from the computer or printer at all the computer just tells me the printer is offline. I have clicked on "use printer Offline", but that didn't help. I am very frustrated after spending a lot of money to have a better situation with my computer, I am actually worse off. I would go take a class if I knew of anywhere near to take one. That is one problem of living in the country!
OK now I have vented my frustrations I feel much better. I was going to make a card for the MIX challenge, but I can't print anything and I have no city stamps at all. Can't come up with anything else, brain just isn't working either. Maybe it's the turkey (tryptophan) slowing my brain down, too!

Hi Pat - you should check the printer manufacturers website. I have an HP wireless and they have a program that will troubleshoot the printer for issues. I just used it the other day and there was a minor issue that the program corrected. I also upgraded to Windows 10 and that's when the problem started.

Clownmom 12-01-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslaird (Post 21128119)
Rita, definitely let me know what kind of feedback you get from her -if it's something others would like or if she wants more kits for herself. I'm local too and could stand clearing out some craft room space. My favorite ways to clean in there are to use up or pass on!

Clearing out craft room space and donating things you don't need or want anymore is a wonderful feeling. I had read in CardMaker magazine about a teacher who started a card-making class at her school. Fortunately, she doesn't live far from me; so I contacted her (via the editor of the magazine) and gave her two cartons of stuff. She was very grateful. I have gotten several e-mails from her telling me that her kids are having a grand time with these "rejects" from my craft room. :D :D :D

mrslaird 12-01-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 21128170)
Clearing out craft room space and donating things you don't need or want anymore is a wonderful feeling. I had read in CardMaker magazine about a teacher who started a card-making class at her school. Fortunately, she doesn't live far from me; so I contacted her (via the editor of the magazine) and gave her two cartons of stuff. She was very grateful. I have gotten several e-mails from her telling me that her kids are having a grand time with these "rejects" from my craft room. :D :D :D

Sweet! I emailed my son's Kindergarten teacher to see if she or any of the other teachers could use anything, but haven't heard back yet. I will probably ask her in person when I have lunch with him later this week. :)

UnderstandBlue 12-01-2015 11:38 AM

Psst - wanna send a card?

Dana Joy's mom has breast cancer :( and needs some paper smiles...

Her name is Brenda Kersey and her address is
73 Washington Ave
Dover, NJ 07801

UnderstandBlue 12-01-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21128133)
I'm answering several times because I need hugs today!

http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...8d220a0e3c.jpg

You can always have a hug, my friend.

hotwheels 12-01-2015 11:43 AM

that is super cute!
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLee (Post 21128143)

hotwheels 12-01-2015 11:44 AM

I need your unwanted images? If you ladies have any?

hotwheels 12-01-2015 11:47 AM

hugs and prayers to Kathy!

hotwheels 12-01-2015 11:52 AM

Lisa I am not teacher but domanted to sick and ect. So can you something for adult and ect. if send me things thanks Linda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clownmom (Post 21128170)

mamaxsix 12-01-2015 12:09 PM

Linda, I'm heading to the post office now and am sending a box with some goodies for you.
Can't seem to shake the tiredness today. I did get most of my DD's school done and made a double batch of granola bars for DS' swim team. Other than that I've had to force myself to keep moving. I did lay down for a nap at one point, but the dog interrupted that effort. Will put the granola bar recipe in the box! GOod recipe for swimmers or others who don't need to count calories ;)

muscrat 12-01-2015 12:17 PM

Thanks for extra hugs! I don't know if its the rain or what, but hugs always help! Hugs and the arrival of an SU order!

melissa59 12-01-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryR917 (Post 21128163)
I also upgraded to Windows 10 and that's when the problem started.

I refuse to upgrade. I figure that when Microsoft starts giving something away for free there are some big hidden strings attached. My fear has grown since a recent "update." Now, every time I take a break from my computer, I get a message asking me if I want to upgrade to Windows 10 now or later. Multiple times a day, very intrusive. I was closing out the window (using the X) but thought if I told it "later" that it would leave me alone. I clicked "later" and it started downloading Windows 10! I was able to stop it but I have to say that I'm NOT happy with Microsoft taking over my computer. I'm getting a major Big Brother heebie-jeebie feel from this.

poppydarling 12-01-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21128228)
Thanks for extra hugs! I don't know if its the rain or what, but hugs always help! Hugs and the arrival of an SU order!

:) I'm awaiting my MISTI and I think it's the only thing that will lift this gloomy, rainy and seemingly three-hours-of-daylight day :shock: That, and a couple of cups of strong black tea with milk.

superS 12-01-2015 12:29 PM

I also rec'd a msg from Yehudis Fromowitz. I think it is a wonderful thing that you are doing Kyan22. Please keep us up to date if you can.

kyann22 12-01-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superS (Post 21128236)
I also rec'd a msg from Yehudis Fromowitz. I think it is a wonderful thing that you are doing Kyan22. Please keep us up to date if you can.

I will for sure.

And it's more for me than her. December is a difficult month for me, plus I turn 40 on the 19th, so I decided to do 40 acts of kindness this month to help make things better for me. She just presented the perfect opportunity for day one! :)

muscrat 12-01-2015 12:38 PM

I've always felt that the best way for me to feel better is to do something for someone else! You must feel awesome right now!

kyann22 12-01-2015 02:26 PM

I took a look at the prize list and wow! Even with all that Lydia has given out there's still so many left! What an amazing thing this event is for everyone. I am so thankful I found it and have been able to participate.

mamaxsix 12-01-2015 02:41 PM

Too bad this is so pricey....would be fun for my DS who is a major Dr Who fan!

mrslaird 12-01-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21128362)
Too bad this is so pricey....would be fun for my DS who is a major Dr Who fan!

So they went with Clara, 11, and 12? Cool! If we ever get this one it will be mine since the kids wouldn't leave it put together. I wonder when it's available over here?

Covington Crafter 12-01-2015 03:11 PM

My daughter would go bonkers over that and she would definitely hide it from her kids ;)

UnderstandBlue 12-01-2015 03:17 PM

Wanna know the answer?

This fluctuates throughout the year as we add people but right now, the magic number is ....

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...3397269430.jpg

muscrat 12-01-2015 03:23 PM

Yes! Wanna know!

UnderstandBlue 12-01-2015 03:24 PM

And there are some big, big queens winners in the prize thread, BTW :)

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post21087924

UnderstandBlue 12-01-2015 03:28 PM

And after you're done perusing - help me pick some perfect papercrafting winners!

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/162BERsu54shryhsxLt4lPEvKjeAkA4ktM5E8xBvYu58/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

mrslaird 12-01-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21128384)
And there are some big, big queens winners in the prize thread, BTW :)

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post21087924

Yay!!!! So excited for them!

muscrat 12-01-2015 03:30 PM

Wowsers! Congrats winners!
Are the rest of the prizes for queens only? Just wondering if I should get out my pom POM's for cheering.

stamp300 12-01-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21128191)
Psst - wanna send a card?

Dana Joy's mom has breast cancer :( and needs some paper smiles...

Her name is Brenda Kersey and her address is
73 Washington Ave
Dover, NJ 07801

I'll make her a card. Thanks for posting address.

stamp300 12-01-2015 03:33 PM

Whoo Hoo! Congrats to the winners for Stamp n Storage.....I love my ink pad & marker storage from my win last year. Lifesaver. :)

muscrat 12-01-2015 03:39 PM

85! 85! Wow! I was way off but I remember you once said dozens....so I went with three dozen!

kyann22 12-01-2015 03:55 PM

Wow!! 85 amazing people huh? That's awesome!!

And that question was hard!! I had to go with my Copics. They are my therapy and too expensive not to grab!

Crafty Julia 12-01-2015 04:03 PM

Yay! More winners! I missed a bit running errands and doing some Christmas crafts. Have a good evening :)

mrslaird 12-01-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22 (Post 21128407)
Wow!! 85 amazing people huh? That's awesome!!

And that question was hard!! I had to go with my Copics. They are my therapy and too expensive not to grab!

I said the same thing. Because they would cost a ton to replace and also it's one of the few things that is always where it belongs when not in use. ;)

hotwheels 12-01-2015 04:05 PM

Sound good Thanks you so much! hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsix (Post 21128220)
Linda, I'm heading to the post office now and am sending a box with some goodies for you.
Can't seem to shake the tiredness today. I did get most of my DD's school done and made a double batch of granola bars for DS' swim team. Other than that I've had to force myself to keep moving. I did lay down for a nap at one point, but the dog interrupted that effort. Will put the granola bar recipe in the box! GOod recipe for swimmers or others who don't need to count calories ;)

Dockside 12-01-2015 04:07 PM

Congratulations to the Stamp n Storage winners!

hotwheels 12-01-2015 04:08 PM

Yes! For like me Lol your my cheerleader!:grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 21128389)
Wowsers! Congrats winners!
Are the rest of the prizes for queens only? Just wondering if I should get out my pom POM's for cheering.