Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #521  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
Hello all my fellow Wisconsinites!
I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving

Do we have any more updates on the meet-up in January?
I lvoe the idea of a mini shoebox
My bad! (Where did the last four weeks go?!?!?!)

I promise to get in touch with the folk at Archivers and see what we might do after the first of the year (Jan/Feb). Scout's honor, I'll call on Wednesday and report back!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who pop in here until after.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #522  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
Let me see what Archivers has going or if we could use their workspace.

That would be cool... I think they moved saturday scrapmania back to 5-close, so we could probably take it from open-4:30... if you call before they make the january calendar they might make sure not to block anything off for classes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 02:30 AM   #523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh that would be so much fun! I would LOVE to get together and meet you all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #524  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woohoo! Jan. 23, Archivers of Madison (Middleton really ...) is setting aside their classroom for us SCSers!!! 1 - 4 p.m. it's all ours.

Michelle from Archivers (what a nice gal!) is emailing me with details, but want to give you a heads up, that evening 5 - 11 is their ScrapMania night and it includes dinner.

Michelle is setting it up so that those who want to do both will get a discount. There's a space limit (16 during the afternoon, 32 in the evening) and there are already some signed up for the evening.

I'll post more details as soon as I have them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #525  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow--that sounds great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #526  
Gallery Gazer

Cool! Sounds like fun! (if there are more than 16 people who are interested, I won't "sign up" for the afternoon part since I live close enough that I can entertain myself other ways, although I might drop in to say hello...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #527  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOOHOOO!!!! I will be there. I am so excited to meet you all!
I already emailed my old roommate so i can stay with her for the weekend as I need a visit to her anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #528  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,297 Likes on 2,484 Posts

Yeah--Count me in--thanks for setting this up--Barb

Quote:

Woohoo! Jan. 23, Archivers of Madison (Middleton really ...) is setting aside their classroom for us SCSers!!! 1 - 4 p.m. it's all ours.

Michelle from Archivers (what a nice gal!) is emailing me with details, but want to give you a heads up, that evening 5 - 11 is their ScrapMania night and it includes dinner.

Michelle is setting it up so that those who want to do both will get a discount. There's a space limit (16 during the afternoon, 32 in the evening) and there are already some signed up for the evening.

I'll post more details as soon as I have them.

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #529  
Stazon Splitcoast

Many thanks to Barb, who has graciously stepped into the quicksand of offering to show me how to set up a gallery (forgive her, Lord, she didn't know what she was getting herself into!) LOL! going to be bringing my laptop along with me to Archivers and at the very least, this should be entertaining...

I've heard from Michelle, and this is what I know so far ...

The evening will be $15 and it includes quite a bit of things, including a light dinner, the use of much of Archiver's equipment and some materials and prizes. I'm going to ask Michelle for a direct link for those of you who love to scrap and might be interested in the evening. I'm a bit worried I may get the info mixed up if I try to translate.

The afternoon will be $5 for the room. If you decide to attend both, the afternoon will be free of charge (thank you Michelle)! We (us SCSers) need to decide how to use our wonderful afternoon! Do we want to have it a chat & work on projects time? A mini-swap? A C&S (chat & shop) time? How do we want to spend our precious time? Let me know ... here or pm. I think I'll probably start a separate thread in a bit to organize and keep track of what we decide to do.

Michelle and I are working out who to pay and when. Hopefully, we will all pay directly to Archivers. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, all!

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 11-25-2009 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #530  
Stazon Splitcoast

meluvstampin ... can't wait to meet you, too! Bring your former (sounds better than 'old' doesn't it?!) roomie along if she's interested.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 11-25-2009 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #531  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Jean--thanks for setting this up--I am pretty much up for anything that afternoon.

I am not sure if we have enough time to do a true "shoebox swap" if there are 16 that attend and only three hours. Maybe some people want to do a pre-made swap? We would bring so many premade cards to swap with others that have also done pre-mades. I am in for that!

Or we could just bring some projects to work on--that works too.

And, I am sure we will have time to chat and talk too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #532  
Kookie Creator

There's going to be a Shoebox, some classes and free stamping time the weekend of January 30th at the Crowne Plaza near Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee. If more than 20 people sign up for it, we'll do a second Shoebox so it's not overwhelming for anyone to make too many cards. The Crowne will give me more info and pricing on Monday so I can post it here. I just bought a calendar for 2010 and it's totally empty - imagine that - now I can fill up every weekend with stamping! The Archiver's event sounds fun - I'll keep watching here for more info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

meluvstampin ... can't wait to meet you, too! Bring your former (sounds better than 'old' doesn't it?!) roomie along if she's interested.
I am so excited!!! THANK YOU so much for doing this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #534  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeveyView Post
There's going to be a Shoebox, some classes and free stamping time the weekend of January 30th at the Crowne Plaza near Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee. If more than 20 people sign up for it, we'll do a second Shoebox so it's not overwhelming for anyone to make too many cards. The Crowne will give me more info and pricing on Monday so I can post it here. I just bought a calendar for 2010 and it's totally empty - imagine that - now I can fill up every weekend with stamping! The Archiver's event sounds fun - I'll keep watching here for more info.
Jan. 30th ... excellent! (Is there a way we could bring ten cards, 5 complete, 5 to be made, and still be involved in the swap? That'd be so awesome for turtles like me! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #535  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am so excited!!! THANK YOU so much for doing this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #536  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Jean--thanks for setting this up--I am pretty much up for anything that afternoon.

I am not sure if we have enough time to do a true "shoebox swap" if there are 16 that attend and only three hours. Maybe some people want to do a pre-made swap? We would bring so many premade cards to swap with others that have also done pre-mades. I am in for that!

Good thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #537  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Well, maybe it would be wise to see who will be there for the length of both? Because it sounds like they will set us up in the back room (half the classroom) for the afternoon part, and if you stay for scrapmania, I am sure you can keep your seat, so you'd really be able to figure out what to do with the whole time?? (Last time I went to A's scrapmania, I just did cards all night, no scrappin.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #538  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
Well, maybe it would be wise to see who will be there for the length of both? Because it sounds like they will set us up in the back room (half the classroom) for the afternoon part, and if you stay for scrapmania, I am sure you can keep your seat, so you'd really be able to figure out what to do with the whole time?? (Last time I went to A's scrapmania, I just did cards all night, no scrappin.)
Good to know! I'm too intimidated by the thought of a scrapbook. Give me my safe little 4 x 6, LOL!

If we want to do a swap, I'd vote for one along the lines of all ready-made ... and maybe a limited amount (5? 10?). Between working, getting a house on the market and the Jan 30 gathering, I know I'll have my hands full. To say nothing of all of us having the holidays just behind us (and admit it ... some of us may be turning our Christmas tree into a Valentines tree ... am I right?!?!? LOL!)

So, in the spirit of no-to-low pressure, if we want to swap, could we do ready mades? Last year, when we got together at Gina's (and later at the McF Culvers) we brought things we'd made as a sort of show-and-tell. That was a lot of fun and no stress. At the first Gina gathering, Jessica was teaching a Copic class following our gathering and many of us chose to stay for that. That was fun and again, low stress.

My big vote will always be low on the stress meter, high on the social chat meter ... LOL!
But I'm very flexible and want to do what others find fun and useful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #539  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Thanksgiving, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #540  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am up for the swap in Milwaukee as well as the one at Archivers.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving Everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #541  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

So, in the spirit of no-to-low pressure, if we want to swap, could we do ready mades? Last year, when we got together at Gina's (and later at the McF Culvers) we brought things we'd made as a sort of show-and-tell. That was a lot of fun and no stress. At the first Gina gathering, Jessica was teaching a Copic class following our gathering and many of us chose to stay for that. That was fun and again, low stress.
I would be fine with a ready made swap (you can always bring an instruction sheet to hand out, or a supply list.) If you ever do the card swaps at scrapbook superstore on odana, that's how it's done. You bring the cards to class and each person takes a turn to show and talk about their card.

I also thought a small gift exchange might be fun. Bring a NEW $5-10 stamp or set (think a whiff of joy stamp, or a penny black slapstick, or a small basic grey set, etc., etc.). Bring your gift wrapped... each is assigned a number... draw a number and get the corresponding prize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #542  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I would be fine with a ready made swap (you can always bring an instruction sheet to hand out, or a supply list.) If you ever do the card swaps at scrapbook superstore on odana, that's how it's done. You bring the cards to class and each person takes a turn to show and talk about their card.

I also thought a small gift exchange might be fun. Bring a NEW $5-10 stamp or set (think a whiff of joy stamp, or a penny black slapstick, or a small basic grey set, etc., etc.). Bring your gift wrapped... each is assigned a number... draw a number and get the corresponding prize.
This sounds like fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #543  
Stazon Splitcoast

I MISS living in Madison so much. I cannot wait to come down and visit. I already have it set to stay at my friens's house. She is excited I am FINALLY coming down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #544  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I MISS living in Madison so much. I cannot wait to come down and visit. I already have it set to stay at my friens's house. She is excited I am FINALLY coming down.
I went to school down here, spent 6 years in Wausau, moved back down here, and kinda miss Wausau!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 AM   #545  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I went to school down here, spent 6 years in Wausau, moved back down here, and kinda miss Wausau!
Funny thing is - When I lived in Madison i also kind of missed Wausau. Never thought that would happen. But I was still driving up here at least once a month to visit flamily and friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 AM   #546  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mornin! So Wausau folk, do you know the Hillsteads or the Clarkowskis?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #547  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:38 AM   #548  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello,
I was sent some Archivers coupons for December. The nearest store is 2 hours away and I will not get to one until January when the Wisconsin SCSers meet for a day in January. If you would like these please PM me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 AM   #549  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I know Brian Clarkowski. He was in my graduating class (West '87.) I saw him at our 20 year (!!) reunion a few years ago. He is a ER doc.

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #550  
Glitter Queen

Hello Everyone,
I am new to SCS and am very excited to see opportunities to get together in Wisconsin. I live in Brookfield and there doesn't seem to be very much stamping in this part of the state (or I'm not looking in the right places). I would love to join in and meet all of you in Madison and Milwaukee if possible. I have also lived in Cambridge, Waunakee, Verona, Arena, Racine, Beaver Dam, and Madison. It would be wonderful to share my addiction to paper & ink with other stampers!
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #551  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Becky--I live just west of Waukesha and there is lots going on in our area. Have you been to Creative Pals on Blue Mound, behind Kopp's? That is the home store of Whipper Snapper stamps--go and check it out! There are some shoebox swaps in the area. Keep chekcing the forum for "Get Togethers". I am sure you know that Gina K's store is in McFarland--that is a great place.

Are you into Stampin Up? There are some awesome demos in the area.

PM me if you want to chat more and maybe we can meet sometime!

Glad to have you with us--Barb

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckOneView Post
Hello Everyone,
I am new to SCS and am very excited to see opportunities to get together in Wisconsin. I live in Brookfield and there doesn't seem to be very much stamping in this part of the state (or I'm not looking in the right places). I would love to join in and meet all of you in Madison and Milwaukee if possible. I have also lived in Cambridge, Waunakee, Verona, Arena, Racine, Beaver Dam, and Madison. It would be wonderful to share my addiction to paper & ink with other stampers!
Becky

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #552  
Glitter Queen

Hi Barb,
Thanks, I have been to Creative Pals once. Seems like a great store. I haven't been to Gina K's in McFarland - maybe after the holidays. I do love Stampin Up and go to workshops in Sauk County once in a while. I will keep checking the forum - can't wait to do a swap!
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #553  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome, Becky! I'm so glad you found your way here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #554  
Embossing Fanatic

count me in on the madison gathering. I'm in the Greendale area and I'm looking to hook up with a SU demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #555  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmr1957View Post
count me in on the madison gathering.
Excellent and welcome!

Quote:

I'm in the Greendale area and I'm looking to hook up with a SU demo
If you go to the SU! website, they'll help you find lots of demos in your area ... a sign of good times to come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #556  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maybe we should mention to Ginak that she should be open for a bit that morning for us to crash in a shop???LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #557  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

depending on how far you want to drive, I can PM you about my great demo who lives just off of highway 83--south of 94.
Quote:

count me in on the madison gathering. I'm in the Greendale area and I'm looking to hook up with a SU demo

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #558  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckOneView Post
Hello Everyone,
Becky
Hi Becky,

It's not as much stamping, but there is a scrapbook store on 74th and... Edgerton? In the shopping center across from Southridge Mall, where JoAnn's, SteinMart, and the Dollar Tree are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #559  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Maybe we should mention to Ginak that she should be open for a bit that morning for us to crash in a shop???LOL

I honestly cannot believe she's not open on weekends. I WORK ALL WEEK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #560  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The Gina K team is pretty committed to their families first and have some pretty active kids. Last year when we went down, Jess's schedule allowed for this special opening of the store, but even then, Gina's DD was in a swim tourney so she wasn't able to see us.

Every now and then they do a Sat open house, but I have a feeling their online business keeps them really hopping. I know the packages have now taken over what was once a lovely stamp work room. If you are able to come down Friday, Gina's is open during the day, but I'm not even sure when she closes in the afternoon.

We sure could give you an itinerary of other great spots to visit! LOL! (And seriously, if you wanted to do a bit more traveling, my two fav places are actually in Janesville. >sigh< ) But maybe that should be another trip!

Anyway, yeah, it'd be awesome if we could go see Gina's, but the chattin it up at Archivers will be great, too!
Reply With Quote Likes