Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Maryland Anyone...........? II (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/maryland-anyone-ii-445284/)

devonsmom98 08-31-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15022230)
Got my cut to. It's shorter and a much needed change.

Ah, I ammm soooo jealous. About the hair AND the gym. I need to try and find time to go get mine done. Hopefully, this weekend. I bet it is cute, can't wait to see it.

Mrsjvb 08-31-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonsmom98 (Post 15022370)
Congrats!!!!! I hope she loves it!:p

I am betting that even if she doesn't Mommy is gonna make her go anyway.... :twisted:

jtax 08-31-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77 (Post 15021688)
wooohoooo Ali got into preschool!! She starts next Tuesday!

Yippee!

Emerald77 08-31-2009 01:44 PM

LOL you got that right...2 kids out of the house in the morning woohoooo! Actually i think it will be VERY good for her!

tracyltripp 08-31-2009 02:05 PM

Well up off the couch...still in my pj's trying to cook dinner so I can get a bath and possibly go for a walk tonight.

But wanted to let you all know I'll be ordering SU! this week if anyone is needing to get something. I did place the sticky order and will let you all know as soon as it gets here. Stacy I will try and remember to drop off your scents tonight from Cindy.

EmGee458 08-31-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 15022861)
Well up off the couch...still in my pj's trying to cook dinner so I can get a bath and possibly go for a walk tonight.

But wanted to let you all know I'll be ordering SU! this week if anyone is needing to get something. I did place the sticky order and will let you all know as soon as it gets here. Stacy I will try and remember to drop off your scents tonight from Cindy.

Ooh, there are a couple things I want...will email you my order later tonight.

Kathi127 08-31-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Wow, everyone is getting their hair cut! Did Dawnmarie and I start a trend?

Can't wait to see Loretta and Amanda's new looks! Jeaneen, I really love your new haircut and pretty color!

Now, if I could just get my act together and try to lose a few (well, really more than a few!) pounds! :mrgreen:

ms.rhetta 08-31-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Good for you. Mine is barely at my shoulders, DH loves the cut and color, it feels so se**Y!

He'll be gone for a few days, any one wanna play?

FYI, just a reminder my test tubes will be here about this time next week, I'll let you know when they arrive so if you guys want any let me know.

EmGee458 08-31-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 15023179)

Can't wait to see Loretta and Amanda's new looks! Jeaneen, I really love your new haircut and pretty color!

Now, if I could just get my act together and try to lose a few (well, really more than a few!) pounds! :mrgreen:

Maybe we should start a Meade Girls Stamp off the fat program?? :mrgreen:

jtax 08-31-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 15023179)

Why thank you! It's so much easier and faster to do too!

jtax 08-31-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 15023255)
Maybe we should start a Meade Girls Stamp off the fat program?? :mrgreen:

good idea! DH and I started the Weight Watchers at Home plan last week. Just wish I could walk better - last time we did this I was walking 3-4 miles nearly every day and it really helped!

EmGee458 08-31-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax (Post 15023310)
good idea! DH and I started the Weight Watchers at Home plan last week. Just wish I could walk better - last time we did this I was walking 3-4 miles nearly every day and it really helped!

I know what you mean...I have a hard time walking for exercise...even if I go to the gym I'm limited because of my knees...I'm hoping that if I can lose a little it'll make exercising less painful!

Emerald77 08-31-2009 05:45 PM

I am trying to start walking - I love the idea of stamping off the fat LOL I am thinking about doing the weight watchers monthly pass thing there is a meeting and laurel - I know when I did the online after Alison I was dropping some weight.

EmGee458 08-31-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77 (Post 15024367)
I am trying to start walking - I love the idea of stamping off the fat LOL I am thinking about doing the weight watchers monthly pass thing there is a meeting and laurel - I know when I did the online after Alison I was dropping some weight.

Weight Watchers DOES work...I lost 40 lbs one time and over 60 lbs. the next time but each time my weightloss buddy stops going and then after a while I stop going, too, and it's so hard to continue alone...DH does follow the program with me when I do it, but it's so discouraging when he drops two or three times as much weight as I do in less time! I saw that Skinny Switch Secret on TV and was wondering if it really works...you are supposed to follow the plan for 2 days and then the 3rd day eat what you want (within reason). It's supposed to trick your body into thinking you're not dieting... DH swears by this theory. It costs about $6 a week and if you buy 6 months, you get 6 months free and there is a 30-day money back guarantee...it's sort of like Weight Watchers online. I'm considering it...especially with the 30 day money back guarantee.

MelenaPrincess 08-31-2009 07:01 PM

I believe I was the first to get my hair cut in June ;)

On Biggest Loser they even have one free day the day after weigh in's. You can't be all good all the time. I just need to try to be a little good some of the time. I've gained weight since I met you all....oh, weight, maybe some of that had to do with being pregnant too hehehe :)

Kathi127 08-31-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15024995)
I believe I was the first to get my hair cut in June ;)
On Biggest Loser they even have one free day the day after weigh in's. You can't be all good all the time. I just need to try to be a little good some of the time. I've gained weight since I met you all....oh, weight, maybe some of that had to do with being pregnant too hehehe :)

Kimme, you are absolutely right! I forgot that you had gotten your hair cut too! You're the one that started the ball rolling with the rest of us!

EmGee458 09-01-2009 03:17 AM

Good morning! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day...and the extended holiday weekend forecast looks great, too! Woo Hoo!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!

Kathi127 09-01-2009 03:51 AM

Good Morning! Yes, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful week into the weekend! At least if I have to be furloughed on Friday I'll get to enjoy it! It's so nice to be able to turn the a/c off and open the windows!

jtax 09-01-2009 04:26 AM

Good morning! DH and I are leaving for WVU to see DS in a few. Hoping to be able to make a stop in Hagerstown either on the way there or back...

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 06:11 AM

Jeaneene; Have a fun trip, can't wait to see your new cut as well!

Mary,Kathi,Stacy,Amanda and the rest of us girls, I'm with you guys. I've actually dropped 13 pounds over the last several months, now my fat pants are tight any more
:-) I feel like I have a goal and am determined to reacy it! I wish you all luck with your individual weight loss. Lets stamp out our fat together!

I hope every one has a great ay, I'm finishing off Craig's replacement goodie box and will go to the post this afternoon then to the Jewelry store, my diamond needs to have a couple of prongs re-done.

Have a greta one!

Emerald77 09-01-2009 06:35 AM

did anyone ever get inque boutique stamps? their designer Stephanie just opened a new company - stamps of life, looks like she is doing a monthly club thing, they are clear but polymer so they should stamp well, debating joining, it is cheap enough to give it a shot

Emerald77 09-01-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhetta (Post 15027688)
Jeaneene; Have a fun trip, can't wait to see your new cut as well!

Mary,Kathi,Stacy,Amanda and the rest of us girls, I'm with you guys. I've actually dropped 13 pounds over the last several months, now my fat pants are tight any more
:-) I feel like I have a goal and am determined to reacy it! I wish you all luck with your individual weight loss. Lets stamp out our fat together!

I hope every one has a great ay, I'm finishing off Craig's replacement goodie box and will go to the post this afternoon then to the Jewelry store, my diamond needs to have a couple of prongs re-done.

Have a greta one!

Diamonds - that is why I need to stamp off my fat LOL my wedding ring has not fit me since I was preggers with Amanda....Hmmm lets think about this what can we do to motivate?? I have at least 50 to drop should we set milestones

Emerald77 09-01-2009 06:39 AM

OMG I have it we can only buy new stuff when we loose ...that would motivate us LOL

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 07:51 AM

Yeah, I had noticed my diamond only had three out of five prongs that I could even see, I dropped it off this morning and he can rebuild it, probally for the last time, they had all worn down. It should be ready on Friday.

We have used Laurel Jewelery store for years, but I still have that rock insured, I would be beside myself if something happened to it.

Oh no new stuff until 5 pounds dropped how does that sound? umm setting goals would not be bad for any of us.

EmGee458 09-01-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77 (Post 15027930)
did anyone ever get inque boutique stamps? their designer Stephanie just opened a new company - stamps of life, looks like she is doing a monthly club thing, they are clear but polymer so they should stamp well, debating joining, it is cheap enough to give it a shot

I ahve one Inque Boutique set- a motorcycle set- they stamp really nicely!

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 09:33 AM

Food Challenge

1 Attachment(s)
Instead of a card, I opted for a pop-corn sleeve, I used the liquid applique and glitter then heat set so it poped up just like the real thing!

What do you think?

EmGee458 09-01-2009 12:19 PM

Amanda, Tracy, Loretta- did you get your comp copy of Just Cards Holidays? I got mine in the mail today...

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 01:08 PM

No Mary, haven't received my copy as of today. I know it is coming since I received an email about a week ago that it was on the way.

BTW, Mary what card got published? Was it the witch Halloween card or something different. I send in like four or five at once and never know what will pop on their pages.

Would any one be interested in doing a group photo like at Wal-mart? We could submitt it to the Scrap and Stamp folks, they love doing stories on local clubs and groups. We could also have one card from each of us. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

EmGee458 09-01-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerald77 (Post 15027972)
OMG I have it we can only buy new stuff when we loose ...that would motivate us LOL

I tried the 'stamp to buy' here on SCS- that didn't work so I KNOW your idea wouldn't work for me!!! :rolleyes:

EmGee458 09-01-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhetta (Post 15031110)
No Mary, haven't received my copy as of today. I know it is coming since I received an email about a week ago that it was on the way.

BTW, Mary what card got published? Was it the witch Halloween card or something different. I send in like four or five at once and never know what will pop on their pages.

Would any one be interested in doing a group photo like at Wal-mart? We could submitt it to the Scrap and Stamp folks, they love doing stories on local clubs and groups. We could also have one card from each of us. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

I never received an email from them...just the mag in the mail today with a letter inside...your card is on page 82- it's a Bella card- Sugar and Spice makes the holidays nice...

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 02:25 PM

Bless me, I don't even remember when I made that one :-)

<honestly, I send in a bunch and hope for the best>

Hugs,

ms.rhetta 09-01-2009 02:30 PM

Oh before I forget!

DS finally had his package arrive today, He asked one of the postal workers to please go and look for it, it had arrived on August 22. They just sat on it. He asked them why didn't they put a note in his box and has been asking every day for the last two weeks.

He loved it! He especially liked getting a small bottle of hand sanitizer and neosporin pocket spray ointment. Of course the food and candy was a big hit as well. He's looking forward to a second box. I told him this one was just goodies, Mom would have to make him a card and send it along at a later date.

He is still struggling with fraud in his checking account, hopefully the bank will get it all straightened out soon. He is future minded and wants to start saving.

I'm going to scoot off and take a shower, settle down Hell's kitchen is on at 8:00 pm, I'm a huge fan!

Take care and have a great night!

AmandaW 09-02-2009 06:50 AM

Hello Ladies

hope all of you are doing well. I'm on day one of my weight Watchers diet. Going good so far but I don't hit the bad part of my day until I sit down at night to watch TV and then the junk starts calling my name. I'm on day 3 of hitting the gym. Which me luck my first goal is to loose 16 lbs of the 70 I would really like to loose.

ms.rhetta 09-02-2009 06:55 AM

Good morning. I haven't been able to get into the forums until now. I guess SCS is having some problems again.

I hope you are all having a great day! I still didn't get my comp copy in today's mail (grump) hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Need to head off and get a few things done before I leave for my violin lesson! I'll let you guys know how it goes later on today!

Have fun!

Mrsjvb 09-02-2009 08:08 AM

Much as I desperately need to lose about 30 pounds myself I am going to not get serious about it until after the cruise so I don't spend the whole time feeling guilty. and John will be right there with me as he has his PRT weigh in like 2 weeks after we get back. luckily he always makes body fat and kicks butt in the actual PRT.

gonna work on cards today I think, my stash is getting low again. when I take a break I will fill out all the forms online for the cruise. the documents came yesterday. I have even managed to find a couple pairs of shorts on clearance in our recent shopping excursions.

I'll be sending everybody's tombow checks in with John tomorrow to be cashed.

Now off to get cracking!

Rose0165 09-02-2009 08:28 AM

Humph! My last post didnt take for some reason. anyhow, amanda, just wanted to congratulate you on your decision to do WW and go to the gym. Wish I could get up some gumption to do WW, it is the best diet plan cause its real food everyone can eat. I go to the trainer on Fri (thats why I cant do lunch on Fridays) but dont follow thru the rest of the week. Take it from an old timer - it's smart to take care of your body while you're young.

CindyL 09-02-2009 09:37 AM

Good afternoon girls! It is so nice outside even if I just got a brief glimpse of it on my lunch hour.

CindyL 09-02-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15035858)
Hello Ladies

hope all of you are doing well. I'm on day one of my weight Watchers diet. Going good so far but I don't hit the bad part of my day until I sit down at night to watch TV and then the junk starts calling my name. I'm on day 3 of hitting the gym. Which me luck my first goal is to loose 16 lbs of the 70 I would really like to loose.

Good luck Amanda! It's easy to get on, but a dickens getting it off.

CindyL 09-02-2009 09:45 AM

Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend. We are heading out tomorrow to go camping up in Amish Country, and it looks like the weather is gonna be perfect for sleeping in a tent.

ms.rhetta 09-02-2009 12:35 PM

Congrats Amanda, I'm proud of you. Its hard to start a diet any way you slice it!

I hope you are all well. I haven't been able to post on SCS due to their new server issues.

My first violin lesson was today, so much fun! I'm inspired for sure!

I'll catch up soon, need to take Chad to the pool and run to the store.

Hugs,