Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Maryland Anyone...........? II (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/maryland-anyone-ii-445284/)

CindyL 11-03-2009 09:49 AM

Sara, welcome back from vacation!! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

AmandaW 11-03-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 15484508)
way weird.. about an hour and a half ago posted something but it has disappeared.

I remeber congratulating Kimme, being Happy Sadie was up and about and asking if anybody knew any good Ortho surgeons.. I offcially have moved past the " well, you may need a hip replacement someday" to " you need a hip replacement and within the next couple of years."

I won't decide until I go back in December whether to start the process now before we PCS to Okinawa, wait until I get to Okinawa and have it done at Tripler or wait until we get back to the states and do it in 2 years.

fully on the new laptop but I am not sure about a few minor things.. Firefox doesn't seem to work well with Windows 7 in some spots.. little things like some of my pop ups won't pop up and not storing all my cookies.

Do you have orders? Sorry no help with doc's but best of luck.

MelenaPrincess 11-03-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15484697)
Jane and Stacy are both looking for one.

Jane already got to me....sorry Stacy!

AmandaW 11-03-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 15484730)
Sara, welcome back from vacation!! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

I wanna go on vacation. Ahhhh one day when the kids are gone.

AmandaW 11-03-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15484746)

LOL oh that is funny!

AmandaW 11-03-2009 09:54 AM

Loretta enjoy your new copic box, bow maker, and test tube holder!

devonsmom98 11-03-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15484746)

Whoo-hoo, Jane!! Congrats on your new baby!! I know I am loving mine. Is yours a boy or girl (blue or pink)? Mine is a girl :p

heyheypaula 11-03-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15484708)
OMG that is so pretty! Great job....when am I getting mine?! lol

When you turn 60! lol

AmandaW 11-03-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaula (Post 15484956)
When you turn 60! lol

WhooHoo! Can't wait!

ms.rhetta 11-03-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15484765)
Loretta enjoy your new copic box, bow maker, and test tube holder!

Oh so loving them! Already painted the test tube holder, and it has test tubes filled with dew drops and wiggle eyes. Painted in a darker green than my walls, the copic holder is drying (base coat of white paint I will cover with probally some different mulberry paper!) bow maker, also covered with decorative paper and is drying. They are so fun! It was great to see you again! Stacy thanks for bringing me the sample of scency scent!

ms.rhetta 11-03-2009 11:38 AM

Kathi; SO glad to hear Sadie is doing better!
WAY TO GO KIMMEE! Congrats on the much deserved win!

harrahx2 11-03-2009 01:53 PM

I'm excited..........

I don't have a clue color or anything else. I just know I LOVED Amanda's sticky notes holder. Now I can make one! Of course, that will be after a tutorial......on how to use this thing and how to make the post-it note holder. Sara and I will share so it goes twice as far.....I will share with you too Stacy....I can't help but do the happy dance. I am waiting to hear from Julie now as she actually lives in LAUREL....was that fate or what? So excited! Found: 1 Sock and a Bind It....now if I find a pillow case.......and a bracelet? Who knows........maybe I will!

devonsmom98 11-03-2009 02:57 PM

Jane, you will find those things, and more, once you quit looking for them. Isn't that the way it always works out? Now, that sock you were missing - and now has been found - had you kept the mate??? Me, I would have just gotten rid of it! THAT is when I would have found the missing one...

Kathi127 11-03-2009 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeeds (Post 15483786)
Hi Everyone --
I just happened to be out in the forum and saw this one on Maryland. I'm not in MD, but just over the line in WV, and work in Harpers Ferry. Used to work in Emmitsburg, MD, just in case I'm close enough for a group get together out there! We go into B-more once in a while... love the Queens Ink out there. :)

Welcome Susan! You are out there in God's country! I love WV and would love to live there but dh says there's not enough work for us to be able to move so we try to visit as much as possible! I just adopted my 2 year old Golden Retriever from Amost Heaven GR Rescue based out of Capon Bridge. There are numerous get togethers out this way, hope you will be able to join us sometime!

Kathi127 11-03-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaula (Post 15483949)
Congratulations Kimme!

Mary, hope you & your DH are feeling better.

Kathi, so glad Sadie is feeling better. Molly has been doing well, especially eating. Of course I cook chicken & chicken livers to mix with her dog food. My husband wants to know why I'll cook for the dog & not him. I told him if he gets a tumor I'll cook for him too!

Amanda - you were right - water aerobics is fun. I went this morning & enjoyed it. I talked my DH into going & he even liked it.

Must clean today! Then I can stamp & knit. I just finished a friendship shawl for my friend who celebrated her 60th birthday. I was pleased with how it tuned out & I think she liked it. Want to see?

Enjoy your day everyone.

Paula, I told my dh the same thing! That is sad that these men are jealous of a poor little dog! I'm so glad that Molly is still doing well!

The shawl is beautiful! So soft and pretty! I've done a little crocheting years ago but never tried my hand at knitting, it always looked too intimidating to me!

Kathi127 11-03-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 15484508)
way weird.. about an hour and a half ago posted something but it has disappeared.

I remeber congratulating Kimme, being Happy Sadie was up and about and asking if anybody knew any good Ortho surgeons.. I offcially have moved past the " well, you may need a hip replacement someday" to " you need a hip replacement and within the next couple of years."

I won't decide until I go back in December whether to start the process now before we PCS to Okinawa, wait until I get to Okinawa and have it done at Tripler or wait until we get back to the states and do it in 2 years.

fully on the new laptop but I am not sure about a few minor things.. Firefox doesn't seem to work well with Windows 7 in some spots.. little things like some of my pop ups won't pop up and not storing all my cookies.

If you decide to do it here I can find out who did my aunt's surgeries. She's had both hips replaced in the last couple of years and is doing very well.

tracyltripp 11-04-2009 02:25 AM

OMG! I missed lots yesterday...hope you all are staying warm this morning frost on the window here on Meade.

Loretta congrats on getting published in Scrap & Stamps on page 18.

PX has costumes 75% off yesterday evening, great deal if you are wanting to get dress up clothes for the kiddos or costumes for next year.

Off for now, have sick baby to take care of.

EmGee458 11-04-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 15488384)
OMG! I missed lots yesterday...hope you all are staying warm this morning frost on the window here on Meade.

PX has costumes 75% off yesterday evening, great deal if you are wanting to get dress up clothes for the kiddos or costumes for next year.

Hmm- I didn't get my issue, yet. Do you subscribe or did you get a comp issue?

tracyltripp 11-04-2009 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 15488438)
Hmm- I didn't get my issue, yet. Do you subscribe or did you get a comp issue?

Yes and yes

tracyltripp 11-04-2009 03:41 AM

Jeaneen and Jane are you all going to be able to make lunch on the 13th? We will miss you if you don't.

AmandaW 11-04-2009 03:45 AM

Congrats Loretta and Tracy!

AmandaW 11-04-2009 03:46 AM

Morning Ladies!

Geee it's cold out today. I put some veggie soup in the crock pot. Perfect day for it.

harrahx2 11-04-2009 03:54 AM

Morning Ladies

Tracy, I hope to be able to. I will be in touch with Jeaneen early next week to confirm either way. When do you need confirmation? Congrats to any and all published. I'm just glad to be able to make a card, let alone send it off to publishers. You guys are good. Still waiting to hear from Julie regarding my purchase and quite excited! Hope you all have a great day.

devonsmom98 11-04-2009 04:08 AM

I wish it was the 13th already...Could use some good Wonton soup...It was 28 this morning on base. Brrrr.

devonsmom98 11-04-2009 04:13 AM

Oh, goodness, no wonder I am shivering - it isn't even 60 in here. Good time to turn on the heat. Couldn't convince dd to wear her gloves this morning. When do they learn?

CindyL 11-04-2009 04:26 AM

Good morning girls! Can ya believe Sesame Street turns 40 today? I loved watching that show when I was little.

CindyL 11-04-2009 04:31 AM

Had frost on the windshield this morning - too soon to get out an ice scraper, so I used the windshield washer stuff. Worked like a charm!

Congrats on those being published - can't wait to see what cards you made.

Wish I could make it on the 13th, but alas, I'm stuck at work a distance away. Have fun!

Have a great day girls and stay warm!

AmandaW 11-04-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyL (Post 15488868)
Had frost on the windshield this morning - too soon to get out an ice scraper, so I used the windshield washer stuff. Worked like a charm!

Congrats on those being published - can't wait to see what cards you made.

Wish I could make it on the 13th, but alas, I'm stuck at work a distance away. Have fun!

Have a great day girls and stay warm!

Evan asked if it snowed last night. I think he is ready for a snow day.

Kathi127 11-04-2009 04:40 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Yes, it's rather chilly in here this morning!!

Tracy, I'll be able to join you all for lunch on the 13th so you can add me to the list!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday, it's hump day!!!

Kathi127 11-04-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15488893)
Evan asked if it snowed last night. I think he is ready for a snow day.

I'm with Evan, I could use a snow day myself!

StampinGoodDeeds 11-04-2009 05:29 AM

Thanks, Kathi. Jobs are scarce out here, that's for certain. I work for the government myself. I love the Capon Bridge area, would love to have property out that way but it would be a 45 min commute for me each way at the minimum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 15487135)
Welcome Susan! You are out there in God's country! I love WV and would love to live there but dh says there's not enough work for us to be able to move so we try to visit as much as possible! I just adopted my 2 year old Golden Retriever from Amost Heaven GR Rescue based out of Capon Bridge. There are numerous get togethers out this way, hope you will be able to join us sometime!

StampinGoodDeeds 11-04-2009 05:32 AM

I found that I have to use a large hook, J or K usually, and I have to plan for it to be loose anyhow, not a tight or patterned stitch. :) We're getting to that cooler weather once again which is usually when I do most of my crocheting (love a big warm crocheted project on my lap while I watch a good movie on a cold evening...)
Which prayer shawl book? I have the first one from the Prayer Shawl Ministry, and love it.
Beautiful job on the finishing fringe!
Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaula (Post 15484673)
Thank you. This pattern came from a book with prayer shawls in it. Yes this is Homespun. It was my first time using it. It was a little tricky to knit with at first, but I love how it looks & feels. I'm knitting another shawl with Bernat Satin. I like it too.

Rose0165 11-04-2009 05:36 AM

Morning all. Gosh, it is good to know so many published crafters. Wow. Im w/Jane - lucky to just get a card made.
Paula - I love that shawl. It looks sooooo soft. Never could conquer the knitting or crocheting thing enough to enjoy it.
Love and kisses to Sadie again kathi!
Still havent done anything craft wise but have to do the cards for the Walk. this week end maybe if I get the room cleaned up enough.
Have a great day everyone. I didnt have frost this morning, probably cause I dug out my scrapers last night to put in the car!

MelenaPrincess 11-04-2009 05:49 AM

Challenge

Are you all ready for your next challenge?

There are 2 parts

1) I want you to make a Christmas/Holiday themed card using NON-TRADITIONAL colors. No red and green! If your image has a little of those colors I MAY let you slide, but they should not be the main colors.

2) Make 2 of the same card one you can keep and one you can give. Those of you meeting up for lunch next week can give one of the cards to Amanda for her mom's church, or donate it elsewhere.

**Upload by MIDNIGHT SUNDAY, November 15.

***Voting will take place Monday, November 16 until 10 pm.

You have 2 weekends to get the card done. Have fun.

devonsmom98 11-04-2009 06:07 AM

Ah, a good one :D

ms.rhetta 11-04-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltripp (Post 15488384)

Haven't received my issue yet, thanks for letting me know Whoo Hoo! Its always exciting being published. I am betting you have a card or two in this issue so congrats to you as well!

StampinGoodDeeds 11-04-2009 07:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OOOh, I just finished doing cards just perfect for this and even donated some for a charity already! Its the blue/white Christmas trees one below. Also, I made some last year in black and white and gold for Christmas, so included a pic of an ATC version of it that I did below too, for inspiration!
The plum and gold one below is one I did a couple of years ago for Christmas too. :)

ms.rhetta 11-04-2009 07:30 AM

Go Tracy! She has an ENTIRE PAGE in Scrap and Stamp arts, page 28. Cute picture of her and everything. I received my comp issue this morning in the mail (just about 5 min after I sent the last message!). Wow, now I need her autograph!

Hugs,

jtax 11-04-2009 07:37 AM

Hello ladies! Just a quick moment to say hi and to let you know that although I haven't been posting, I am 'here' and reading (somewhat). I just went back to work last week and this working everyday stuff is for the birds! It is killing me - I am too exhausted to do much of anything. I did have yesterday 'off' so I went to the doctor, had a visit from Jane (woohoo!), went to a seminar, came home and fell into bed... I will try and catch up and reply soon (well, as soon as I wake up long enough to do so!) Take care all and have fun!

devonsmom98 11-04-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.rhetta (Post 15490136)
Go Tracy! She has an ENTIRE PAGE in Scrap and Stamp arts, page 28. Cute picture of her and everything. I received my comp issue this morning in the mail (just about 5 min after I sent the last message!). Wow, now I need her autograph!

Hugs,

I think I saw a line of people trying to get her autograph this morning!! LOL!! I have never known anyone, with their own layout in a magazine, before!! What is next for all of you!? Cute Robot card, Loretta. Awesome 3 page layout, Tracy. Sure wish y'all would share some of your talent!!