Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Maryland Anyone...........? II (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/maryland-anyone-ii-445284/)

tracyltripp 11-16-2009 08:53 AM

Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry I have been away and playing for all my crafty crapola! Wonderful challenge cards...off to the dentist. Have a wonderful day.

heyheypaula 11-16-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 15557704)
How's the construction going?????

It's a nightmare! He arrived at 11. The few tiles he laid Fri. are still moving on the floor so we've concluded that he used way too much adhesive. Over the weekend my DH went out and bought a different sized trowel but this morning when the contractor put down the adhesive he used the whole gallon on half the floor and it's suppose to be enough to do the entire floor! I've been calling around trying to get more but no one stocks it - it has to be ordered! So DH is in the kitchen telling the guy to finish the drywall and forget the floor. We'll get someone else to do it! So my appliances are in the dining room, half of the kitchen floor is covered with adhesive and I'm calling around looking for someone who can put down Congoluem Duraceramic floor in the next few days! Wish me luck.

AmandaW 11-16-2009 09:21 AM

Good Luck! Oh that does sound like a nightmare. So sorry! Sending good construction vibes your way.

jtax 11-16-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyheypaula (Post 15558042)
It's a nightmare! He arrived at 11. The few tiles he laid Fri. are still moving on the floor so we've concluded that he used way too much adhesive. Over the weekend my DH went out and bought a different sized trowel but this morning when the contractor put down the adhesive he used the whole gallon on half the floor and it's suppose to be enough to do the entire floor! I've been calling around trying to get more but no one stocks it - it has to be ordered! So DH is in the kitchen telling the guy to finish the drywall and forget the floor. We'll get someone else to do it! So my appliances are in the dining room, half of the kitchen floor is covered with adhesive and I'm calling around looking for someone who can put down Congoluem Duraceramic floor in the next few days! Wish me luck.

Oh no! I am so sorry you are going through this. Sure hope you get the work done quickly and correctly so you can get those appliances back where they belong! Good luck!

jtax 11-16-2009 09:46 AM

Interesting night at the hospital! After getting 'wired up' with about 28 different electrodes, 2 belts, a finger oxygen meter and nasal meters, I looked like I belonged in horror movie - all the wired, hair sticking up, etc! I thought (all things considered) I slept pretty well. The tech said otherwise and said I think you will be back for another night of testing. GRRRR! He said that although I was asleep, I didn't get 'good' sleep until 4AM and it didn't last long enough (apparently you *should* get to the good sleep stage after 90-120 minutes) and I moved around a lot. Isn't life fun??? I was released at 5:30 (he woke me just after 5) and came home to sleep in my own bed without wires!

AmandaW 11-16-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax (Post 15558411)
Interesting night at the hospital! After getting 'wired up' with about 28 different electrodes, 2 belts, a finger oxygen meter and nasal meters, I looked like I belonged in horror movie - all the wired, hair sticking up, etc! I thought (all things considered) I slept pretty well. The tech said otherwise and said I think you will be back for another night of testing. GRRRR! He said that although I was asleep, I didn't get 'good' sleep until 4AM and it didn't last long enough (apparently you *should* get to the good sleep stage after 90-120 minutes) and I moved around a lot. Isn't life fun??? I was released at 5:30 (he woke me just after 5) and came home to sleep in my own bed without wires!

Oh wow sounds like lots of fun! Well hope the next one goes better.

harrahx2 11-16-2009 10:19 AM

Sounds like some people are having a rough time?

Paula, how sad and upsetting. We talk about folks being out of work and looking for work and you get this kind of crap? So not right! What is going on with our workers in this country?
Jeaneen, sounds horrible. I just don't think I could stand it. I bet when you got home, you just wanted to sleep. Rough night.
Cindy, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your mom and grandmom and I hope it all works out.
Tough vote, when must we vote by??? I think I am with Cindy....put the names in a hat!

MelenaPrincess 11-16-2009 10:49 AM

Votes in by 8pm. I haven't checked my PM';s...I know they are there, but I don't want to let out any secrets :)

AmandaW 11-16-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15558810)
Votes in by 8pm. I haven't checked my PM';s...I know they are there, but I don't want to let out any secrets :)

Poor Kimmie! LOL

ms.rhetta 11-16-2009 11:56 AM

Paula, sorry to hear about the Kitchen nightmares!

Jeaneene, sounds like Mike's sleep study. He had it re-done at a private institution and still failed. He now wears a CPAP at night. (he looks so funny but don't tell him I said so) and wakes up with his face all mushed -- he would probally scare the neighborhood kids!

But CPAP therapy is a God send. I actually sleep, it isn't very loud and he doesn't snore,,,,,, ahhh rest!

Hugs to all!

ms.rhetta 11-16-2009 02:34 PM

HI Gang, quick post before getting back to my chores.

I just updated my blog with a couple of Christmas/winter cards if you're interested in taking a look!

MelenaPrincess 11-16-2009 05:04 PM

You have won the right to host the next challenge!!

devonsmom98 11-16-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15561155)

Congrats, Paula!!!!:p

Kathi127 11-16-2009 06:43 PM

Congratulations Paula!!! Can't wait to see what your challenge is for us!

AmandaW 11-17-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

WHOOHOOO! CONGRATS Paula!

AmandaW 11-17-2009 03:19 AM

Good Morning Ladies! Hope you all have a great day. I've got some stampin to do my Mom's B-Day is the 30th so that needs to get done today.

Kathi127 11-17-2009 04:23 AM

Good Morning Everyone, unfortunately I have some sad news to share. It seems like that's all I've been doing lately. We lost our Yellow Lab Sadie last night, as most of you know she has not been doing well since we lost Rusty almost a month ago. She has not been eating well and the appetite stimulant they gave her really didn't do much and they couldn't give her anything stronger. She has been progressively getting weaker and by yesterday things took a turn for the worse. Her breathing became much more labored and she was losing her bodily functions. We took her in to the vet for a consultation and he said she was in a lot of distress and suffering greatly. He recommended that we let her go and we agreed. She passed away peacefully. My son Rob is taking it pretty hard, she was really his dog, he got her when she was a puppy. But she's now back with her buddy Rusty and I know they are happy to be together again. It's just hard to believe that exactly 4 weeks to the day that we've lost another beloved pet.

I truly hope this is the last unhappy news that I have to share with you for a long, long time.

CindyL 11-17-2009 04:23 AM

Good morning girls!

Congrats Paula!

Hope you all have a great day!

AmandaW 11-17-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 15562906)
Good Morning Everyone, unfortunately I have some sad news to share. It seems like that's all I've been doing lately. We lost our Yellow Lab Sadie last night, as most of you know she has not been doing well since we lost Rusty almost a month ago. She has not been eating well and the appetite stimulant they gave her really didn't do much and they couldn't give her anything stronger. She has been progressively getting weaker and by yesterday things took a turn for the worse. Her breathing became much more labored and she was losing her bodily functions. We took her in to the vet for a consultation and he said she was in a lot of distress and suffering greatly. He recommended that we let her go and we agreed. She passed away peacefully. My son Rob is taking it pretty hard, she was really his dog, he got her when she was a puppy. But she's now back with her buddy Rusty and I know they are happy to be together again. It's just hard to believe that exactly 4 weeks to the day that we've lost another beloved pet.

I truly hope this is the last unhappy news that I have to share with you for a long, long time.

SO SO sorry Kathi.

Mrsjvb 11-17-2009 04:28 AM

Big furry hugs out to you and your family, Kathi....

CindyL 11-17-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Kathi, I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie. Sending ya big hugs!

harrahx2 11-17-2009 04:31 AM

Go Paula ~ Go Paula

Congratulations to Paula! Great fun.
Kathi, I am so sorry. I am glad to hear how you phrased it, about Rusty and Sadie being together. Very nice way to picture it in my mind. Let's hope it's smoother sailing for everyone for awhile!

rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::

MelenaPrincess 11-17-2009 04:57 AM

Kathi:

I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard enough to loose an animal but to go through it twice in such a short period has to be heart wrenching. I'm sending you big puppy hugs. I am sure that Dusty is keeping you company now and that Sadie and Rusty are looking down on you all together.

EmGee458 11-17-2009 05:05 AM

Congratulations, Paula!!!

Just to let you know if I'm MIA for a couple days we had power outages yesterday that knocked out my DSL line...so I can't get online at home... :(

I can check in at work but I'm hoping they get the DSL line fixed soon! I'm in Internet withdrawal at home!!!!

Rose0165 11-17-2009 05:07 AM

Kathi - more tears as I type but you are right, they are together and that is important. I know Dusty will bring you much relief.

Paula! - congratulations! Loved your card.

jtax 11-17-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

WooHoo Paula! Congrats on winning the challenge with your beautiful card. I had fun making it at the SBS!

jtax 11-17-2009 05:55 AM

Quote:

Oh Kathi, I am so so sorry to hear this very sad news. Glad Sadie had her special buddy, Rusty to greet her. Hugs...

AmandaW 11-17-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 15563103)
Congratulations, Paula!!!

Just to let you know if I'm MIA for a couple days we had power outages yesterday that knocked out my DSL line...so I can't get online at home... :(

I can check in at work but I'm hoping they get the DSL line fixed soon! I'm in Internet withdrawal at home!!!!

Ick don't you hate that. Hope they get it fixed soon.

heyheypaula 11-17-2009 06:39 AM

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry about Sadie. Sending hugs from me & Molly.

heyheypaula 11-17-2009 06:41 AM

Wow! I won! Thanks everyone. I'll be back later with a new challenge.

jtax 11-17-2009 06:47 AM

Mary, hope you get that DSL line back soon. We will be missing you...

AmandaW 11-17-2009 07:04 AM

Well I did it.....I finally broke down and ordered a watermark. Found some really cute ones @ http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2009/04/s...atermarks.html only $2 that's not bad.

Wanna know why I broke down? I was looking around on Ebay and found a lady selling handstamped cards some of the cards are going for $25 + so I started looking at her estore and what do you know I came accross one of my cards/my photo! I contacted her and ebay she deleted the listing but said that it wasn't my photo....Really it was my mess in the background! At least steal a good photo of a good card. Not my crap! LOL

I guess this is a big problem because after doing a search here on SCS I found several threads about this very problem who knew. At least CASE the card and take your own photo. So do they buy all the same supplies or what? Very weird.

Anyhooo wanted to share the link....I see Kathi already found them. I love the one Kathi has but ordered a different one. Didn't want to cramp Kathi's style.

MelenaPrincess 11-17-2009 07:13 AM

Wow Amanda. I guess if she doesn't already have the supplies, if she has someone paying $25 for a card she could go out and buy what is needed. I have had a watermark for quite a while and before that I used a little piece of paper with my info on it in the scan of the card to show that it was mine. That was how we did things back then. In fact, I just looked at an old tutorial here a while back and that is how most people marked their cards. Seems silly now.

ms.rhetta 11-17-2009 08:18 AM

Good afternoon!

What a morning, first I over slept a bit, went to Bible study and ran out to Ft. Meade.

I had forgotten that part of post is "detour" city. I dropped my computer off for Amanda's hubby to (hopefully) fix and got to see the beautiful SBS cards. Beautiful work ladies!

I also got to see Stacy and pick up my scency order. Thank you! You look awesome by the way!

The co-missary wasn't bad. Today was little old person day. You know when the ladies can't even see over the top of the buggy any more. Any whoo, I'm glad to have it done with!

Now I just need to get some stuff vacuumed so I don't have guilt over stamp time later today.

Please pray for me, I'm startting to struggle with depression due mostly to the weather.

Kathi; I am so sorry to hear about Saddie. You will be in my prayers as will your family.

Amanda; Oh wow, the watermark thing I'll look into. I bought one a while back but haven't figured out how to get it to attach to the photo. Sounds like Ebay is on top of it though.

Congrats Paula! I really liked your card! Just beautiful.
Mary; sucks to have the computer get screwed up!

I'll catch up with you guys soon, back to work for me!

EmGee458 11-17-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 15564045)
Well I did it.....I finally broke down and ordered a watermark. Found some really cute ones @ http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2009/04/s...atermarks.html only $2 that's not bad.

Wanna know why I broke down? I was looking around on Ebay and found a lady selling handstamped cards some of the cards are going for $25 + so I started looking at her estore and what do you know I came accross one of my cards/my photo! I contacted her and ebay she deleted the listing but said that it wasn't my photo....Really it was my mess in the background! At least steal a good photo of a good card. Not my crap! LOL

I guess this is a big problem because after doing a search here on SCS I found several threads about this very problem who knew. At least CASE the card and take your own photo. So do they buy all the same supplies or what? Very weird.

Anyhooo wanted to share the link....I see Kathi already found them. I love the one Kathi has but ordered a different one. Didn't want to cramp Kathi's style.

I bought one a while ago but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it on my card!!

jtax 11-17-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 15564739)
I bought one a while ago but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it on my card!!

Exactly why I haven't bought one!

AmandaW 11-17-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax (Post 15564873)
Exactly why I haven't bought one!

LOL! I'm sure I will need my DH help.

MelenaPrincess 11-17-2009 09:08 AM

Watermark tutorial...
Open the photo of your picture, do any resizing, cropping, photo editing, etc. you normally do.
Open the file of your watermark
Use your select tool and outline the whole watermark
Then go to "Edit" and select "COPY MERGED". It will copy all layers of your watermark
Click on your photo then "PASTE"
From there use your move tool to move the watermark wherever you would like it in the picture.

Hope that helps.

MelenaPrincess 11-17-2009 09:10 AM

Thank you Tracy! I got a wonderful prize pack in the mail. Beautifully done. Where did the little felt deers come from?

AmandaW 11-17-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 15564909)
Watermark tutorial...
Open the photo of your picture, do any resizing, cropping, photo editing, etc. you normally do.
Open the file of your watermark
Use your select tool and outline the whole watermark
Then go to "Edit" and select "COPY MERGED". It will copy all layers of your watermark
Click on your photo then "PASTE"
From there use your move tool to move the watermark wherever you would like it in the picture.

Hope that helps.

I'll let you know when I get my WM if this helps me. LOL I'm sure it will sounds right.