Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   CLOSED - 01/12/08 Greater Cincinnati, OH/Kentucky Shoebox Swap (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/closed-01-12-08-greater-cincinnati-oh-kentucky-shoebox-swap-301558/)

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 02:22 PM

are you hinting for him to go the weekend of the

ummmmm, January 11 and the 12? lol

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 02:35 PM

yeah I told him that I might just make it a weekend thing and shop on sunday lol and he said he would think about it.

Inkonmyhands 01-01-2008 02:57 PM

Can't talk now but I am making each of you a present. Wanta know what it is? Shh! Can't tell it is a secret?

Bonnie

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 02:59 PM

nooooooo, you have to share now, you can't do that to us

share, Bonnie, share pleeeeeeeeease!

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 03:00 PM

Julie, you have to let us know how your date went!

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 03:38 PM

so mean :( Sniff Sniff

do tell do tell Julie!!!

Inkonmyhands 01-01-2008 03:53 PM

Now if I told you then you wouldn't have anything to look forward to.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 04:10 PM

UM who needs surprises I'm meeting lots of new great ladies that's enough surprise for one day lol. Well I'm off to reorganize my craft room some more.

tokeefe 01-01-2008 04:41 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!
Well Project One is done complete/ finished and ready to go.
Now onto Project Two. I know what I am doing but have to wait and use "THE BIG MACHINE" copier at work tomorrow then I'll get it all done and ready between the rest of this week and next.
One more trip to Walmart and I should be set.

Bonnie...that's not fair of you to tell us something like that and keep us in the dark. Ladies I say she must give us a clue each day...What do you all think?

So what are the plans for Sunday? Did I read someone say shopping?

luv2stampmamajacki 01-01-2008 05:31 PM

Bonnie - your not playing fair:o

Ok - I have both of my projects done-
1st one is a card - friendship
2nd is a Valentine nugget box

I suggested to Bonnie that on Sunday we drive over the river to Archeiver before Bonnie has to catch her plane home, so I think that is what we are going to do, I know Tammy is joining us so the more the merrier!

Bonnie.. sending you a PM to touch base with you:mrgreen:

julie in ohio 01-01-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 8175102)
Julie, you have to let us know how your date went!

Very possible that I met the man for me.... Will let you know after our next few dates. :D

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 05:40 PM

no, we need more details Julie!!!!! who hooked you two up? what did you do, what does he do, where does he live?

luv2stampmamajacki 01-01-2008 05:44 PM

Bet you thought I forgot!

9 More Days

Julie -do tell!!!!! :rolleyes:

julie in ohio 01-01-2008 05:44 PM

We met online. We went out to dinner, we were supposed to see a movie afterwards but opted to close down the restaurant and talk for 4 hours instead. He is a shift manager at a manufacturing plant. He lives one exit away from me in Fairborn. Any more questions, I didn't even tell my mom I went out yet, lol.

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 05:45 PM

aww that's so nice sounds like our first date. We hung out TGI Friday's for a long time but they stay open late. When is date two?

julie in ohio 01-01-2008 05:47 PM

Later this week. He asked if I wanted to go out again but we didn't set a time yet.

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 05:50 PM

yeah, so excited for you Julie!

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 05:51 PM

So much fun! Michael and I talked online for a couple weeks before our first date...and then we were married 6 months later lol.

luv2stampmamajacki 01-01-2008 05:56 PM

Great way to start a New Year - YOU GO GIRL!:-D

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingyoualways (Post 8177454)
So much fun! Michael and I talked online for a couple weeks before our first date...and then we were married 6 months later lol.

wow, you guys must have great chemistry to get married after 6 months! How long were you engaged? Chris and I were together 6 months before he proposed, but he got the ring 2 months after we started dating!

tammy miller 01-01-2008 06:38 PM

Hey all hope everyone had a great day. I worked the majority of the day on my craft area which happens to be in my bedroom. wow what a mess anyway I thk it will work out better now got rid of a lot of stuff I just had to have in the begining but never used.

Julie glad to hear about your first date sounds like it was a hit. now that you all mention it my hubby and I met in July got engaged in Dec and married in may so that was not very long either we are working on 21 this year.

we did miss you Joy and Sandye

Jackie I can not believe you went shopping! I have always heard what you do on new years is what you will be doing the rest of the year. I guess I will be cleaning and Jackie will be shopping!

Shame on you Bonnie for teasing us that way now we have to wait 9 days to find out what goodies you have for us!

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 06:47 PM

thanx, it's nice to be missed :) I absolutely can't wait to meet you ladies! I started workin on my second project tonight. I hope my SU paper comes in that I ordered- SOON!

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 06:47 PM

Bonnie, come on, give us a hint!

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammy miller (Post 8178216)
Jackie I can not believe you went shopping! I have always heard what you do on new years is what you will be doing the rest of the year. I guess I will be cleaning and Jackie will be shopping!

NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!
That means my husband is going to laying in the recliner sick and I'm going to be reorganizing my office. Oh, and doing laundry. Ugh this year is gonna be great....

Quote:

wow, you guys must have great chemistry to get married after 6 months! How long were you engaged? Chris and I were together 6 months before he proposed, but he got the ring 2 months after we started dating!
I will prbably get this wrong and I'm not looking through my journal to double check lol. We dated about 2 months before he knew he would propose. It's a really funny story. I think I might save this until we meet because it's a lot of typing.

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 07:31 PM

ok, and Julia, you have to tell me about the highway story.

lovingyoualways 01-01-2008 07:37 PM

MAN I knew you wouldn't forget that one lol.

daiseyfreak 01-01-2008 07:40 PM

nope, I'm not gonna forget, ok gals, I've got to TRY to go to bed, have a good night!!! chat with ya tomorrow!

lovingyoualways 01-02-2008 05:13 AM

wow this weather sucks now I wish I went shopping yesterday :(

lovingyoualways 01-02-2008 10:37 AM

Ok I just thought I would list some of the things I know that I am bringing with my so far and the things I can bring need if needed.

cuttlebug-if needed
crop a dile
atg-if I get my tape in time lol
heat gun-if I can find it ugh

hmm...thought this list was longer lol. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Inkonmyhands 01-02-2008 11:06 AM

My hint for today is I stamped on it. LOL. Nice hint, right. Everyone is back in work and school today. I went to work for 2 hours but then I don't go back until Monday. That is o.k. because on Thursday I will be on a plane. Do you gals get lots of snow? Pray it snows so hard that on Sunday I get stuck in KY. I have enjoyed being with my family for the last 11 days I didn't want to wake up this morning and see them off. I would really not work if I could send my daughter to a private school, take vacations, buy lots of stamping/scrapbooking supplies, etc. and not have to work. Going to my weight meeting tonight. Wish me luck. Having exercised really all week.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 01-02-2008 11:37 AM

Oh yeah real nice hint NOT!

Does anyone like puppy chow? You know the stuff with rice chex and chocolate? I thought I would make some for the swap. I love love it.

tammy miller 01-02-2008 12:14 PM

I see Bonnie is at it again. shame on you. You are only doing b/c santa has already come and gone! I love puppy chow, I think I will bring something salty, not sure what yet but we will enjoy it! I am working on a list to at this point I hope it helps. will talk to you all later! Bonnie I got your card thanks so much!

tammy miller 01-02-2008 12:17 PM

I know how about a cheese ball and crackers? I also have a chicken one that is really really good so I will bring both got that Jackie? she is making a list and checking it twice! saw her 2 goodies today, very cute.

Jackie and I were talking today and we need to know if any one or all of us except for bonnie of course has the backing of paper packs you know the cardboard you get?

well we need this so that we do not mess up the tables and of course when I was cleaning yesterday I threw out bunches so if each could bring one or two that would help

lovingyoualways 01-02-2008 12:27 PM

lol just stop by big lots and get the huge table cloth that is felt backed it's only 2.50 I have one on each of my craft tables.

I'll look and see if I have any.

tokeefe 01-02-2008 02:39 PM

Hi Ladies: Gee sounds like all the food fixings are taken. I thought I would make the bagels and chip dip/ bring some cokes/ and who knows what else when I go to the store.
I am bringing: MY cuttlebug and folders/ extra paper/ my carry-it-all/ hot gun/ and whatever else I find that I think we might need.

Tammy: I have hundreds okay at least 30 of these 8x11 cardboard backins that you are thinking of. Work gets at least 2 or 3 in every pack as they are doing payroll and I have been collecting them. LEt me know if you want me to bring those.
Thanks and I will chat with you all real soon.

luv2stampmamajacki 01-02-2008 02:53 PM

Ok - Tammy I am putting you down for 2 cheese balls and crackers,

Julia - your down for puppy chow- I love this stuff, and once I eat all the brownies than I can have puppy chow too :mrgreen:

Thanks Tammy for asking for the cardboard- because we will be using very nice game tables for our project areas I just want to make sure we have something to protect the table but still be able to work. For past stamp camps and here I use the card board that comes with paper packs, this way is easy and can be tossed if need be, plus it's nice to use to test stamp images. I have about 12 but would like one for every project. If you have some great if not I will pick up a roll of white paper

Ok so it looks like we have 10 for dinner on Friday evening (still waiting to hear from Crystal & Karen) - is 6:30 good for everyone? The table will be reserved for SCS friends -

Ok - be back in a bit - I am starvin - so I need foooooooooooood!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tammy miller (Post 8186555)
I know how about a cheese ball and crackers? I also have a chicken one that is really really good so I will bring both got that Jackie? she is making a list and checking it twice! saw her 2 goodies today, very cute.

Jackie and I were talking today and we need to know if any one or all of us except for bonnie of course has the backing of paper packs you know the cardboard you get?

well we need this so that we do not mess up the tables and of course when I was cleaning yesterday I threw out bunches so if each could bring one or two that would help

luv2stampmamajacki 01-02-2008 03:07 PM

8 MORE DAYS MS. BONNIE!

Tracy- I would be most grateful if you could bring some, I normally use 12x12 but the 8x11 will work just fine.

I 've got my list here with what everyone is bringing - snack and door prizes etc so I will add bagels/dip. sounds good. Actually I will put what everyone is bringing down here in a little bit. So we all can see it.

This way the marjority of the fee we paid will be used for all the little extra and what nots.

Tammy and I today came up with a couple of other surprises that will happen through out the day - for some bonus prizes! too We are going to have such a great day! Hopefully we will get some projects completed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokeefe (Post 8188343)
Hi Ladies: Gee sounds like all the food fixings are taken. I thought I would make the bagels and chip dip/ bring some cokes/ and who knows what else when I go to the store.
I am bringing: MY cuttlebug and folders/ extra paper/ my carry-it-all/ hot gun/ and whatever else I find that I think we might need.

Tammy: I have hundreds okay at least 30 of these 8x11 cardboard backins that you are thinking of. Work gets at least 2 or 3 in every pack as they are doing payroll and I have been collecting them. LEt me know if you want me to bring those.
Thanks and I will chat with you all real soon.

lovingyoualways 01-02-2008 03:11 PM

There is a fridge right? I was going to bring a few cans of mt. dew. I get really cranky if I don't have some really cold mt. dew lol. Plus I can't remember who is bringing drinks so I'll just be safe and bring some mt. dew lol.

tokeefe 01-02-2008 03:24 PM

I'm bringing a couple 2 liters as well...Coke/Diet Coke/ Sprite...anybody besides lovingyoualways drink Mt. Dew?

tammy miller 01-02-2008 03:30 PM

Hey ladies it looks like we are getting closer and everything is falling together! I have 2 pepsi and 1 mt dew 2 ltr products here I will bring. I drink diet and finally my hubby has switched to diet as well so we wont need them.

How are you ms Jackie you hanging in there?