Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   CLOSED - 01/12/08 Greater Cincinnati, OH/Kentucky Shoebox Swap (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/closed-01-12-08-greater-cincinnati-oh-kentucky-shoebox-swap-301558/)

Inkonmyhands 11-17-2007 09:54 AM

CLOSED - 01/12/08 Greater Cincinnati, OH/Kentucky Shoebox Swap

Hi, It is Bonnie here from CT (inkonmyhands). I am flying from Connecticut to Cincinnati, OH to meet and do a shoebox swap with some SCS friends. I would love to meet all of you. I will be in town from Thursday, January 10th thru Sunday, January 13th. It is going to be a weekend of fun, laughter, and STAMPING. I would love to meet as many SCS friends as I can while I am there.

1. Bonnie Burgess-Mosher (inkonmyhands)- ** Calendar cover (aka checkbook cover) - I am supplying the calendar and post-it holder
2. luv2stampmamajacki (Jackie) - ** Dinner food Card and Valentine's Nugget box
3. sgc - (Sandye Curry) - ** Bagels and muffins Photowallet and card
4. tammy miller (Tammy Miller) - ** will bring whatever is needed Acetate card and coaster
5. Daisyfreak - (Joy) - **Soda, plates, cups, bowls, napkins & plasticware Cello bag w/topper and card
6. Lovingyoualways - (Julia) - **will bring whatever is needed 3-D item and card
7. Shayks - (Shay) - Juicy Juice
8. tokeefe -(Tracy O'Keefe) - ** Soda Card & card holder
9. sammyda1030 - (Samantha Davis)- **BROWNIES
10. julie in OH - (Julie) - Chips **2 unusal card folds - Valentine's and Birthday
11. bmxmom - (Karen)

Don't forget your camera!

Inkonmyhands 11-17-2007 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DIFFERENT HOSTESS THIS TIME GIRLS! SEE POST #43 FOR DETAILS.

HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST - TAMMY MILLER!!!

luv2stampmamajacki 11-17-2007 01:34 PM

Bonnie - found it :mrgreen: Send me paypal info so I can go ahead and get this paid. Sending the link over to a thread I seen from a bunch of KY girls looking for a get together.

lovingyoualways 11-17-2007 01:59 PM

I really want to come but sheesh I haven't even started stamping again yet. Don't know if I can figure out anything for other people to make let alone myself lol.

Inkonmyhands 11-17-2007 02:00 PM

Girls,

Come on sign up! I am changing by the minute. My new avatar is my daughter and myself. I cut all my hair off. I would never have done this heavier because I felt my face was too fat.

Bonnie

sgc 11-17-2007 06:21 PM

Shoebox swap

I'm glad I finally got into the site! I have not been on SCS much for several days! Liz had her first high school swim meet on Wednesday night, I ran around all day Thursday and Friday, Liz ran in a 5K run this morning and Jim and I helped at the event, then Liz and I went to the a play, and this evening we took two other grandchildren out for dinner and a movie! Whew--I think I can spend all day tomorrow stamping. We leave Wednesday for our annual Thanksgiving ski trip. I am already planning my "swaps". Really looking forward to this:) Can't wait to meet all of you ladies--I feel like I know you already.

Sandye

tammy miller 11-18-2007 01:34 AM

this is rolling right along how much fun will this be!

Inkonmyhands 11-18-2007 01:58 PM

Oh! I am so excited about this. The time can't come fast enough.

Bonnie:mrgreen:

daiseyfreak 11-19-2007 01:08 PM

sign me up!

lovingyoualways 11-19-2007 01:13 PM

I would love to come. Can't guarantee my projects will be the hottest because I am just getting started. But I will give it my best effort lol. Really excited.

Inkonmyhands 11-19-2007 04:44 PM

2 MORE SWAPPERS

Daiseyfreak & lovingyoualways,

I am thrilled to be meeting 2 more people from SCS. When I find out the name of the place (yes it is already confirmed that we have it) I will have you send me a registration form and your money. Welcome, welcome. If you need ideas or questions, please let me know.

Bonnie:mrgreen:

Inkonmyhands 11-19-2007 04:46 PM

Lovingyoualways,

I just looked at your avatar. My (small) Boston Terrier, Baby, has the same dress. Is that your dog. She is soooo cute.

Bonnie:rolleyes:

lovingyoualways 11-19-2007 04:51 PM

Yup that's our baby in her graduation outfit for dog training. She's spoiled rotten!

I look forward to meeting some people. I work at home and I must say I get really bored not having anybody to do crafts with.

Inkonmyhands 11-19-2007 05:02 PM

You will be in good company then because I work outside of the home but with all men. The one women I worked with left so the men don't want to talk about my stamping. I have my own stamping room at home but no one stamps there either. My kids and husband stamp with me every Mother's Day, my birthday, and if I am making something for them like my daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday invitations. I am excited you are able to join us.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 11-19-2007 05:06 PM

LOL yeah my husband only plays when my new technology I just had to have breaks down or I can't figure out.

I did at least figure out how to assemble my hot foil machine. It has only been sitting in my closet for a month. Now I just have to figure out how to use it lol.

daiseyfreak 11-19-2007 06:27 PM

I am so excited to be meeting some of my SCS swapping buddies! I also love shoebox swaps, I had one a while back and it was a blast!

sgc 11-19-2007 06:35 PM

So glad to see that our list of people is growing!

Sandye/sgc

luv2stampmamajacki 11-19-2007 06:48 PM

We are going to have a great time Ladies! Can't wait to meet everyone!

shayks 11-19-2007 07:11 PM

Interested, but I will have a brand new baby. I'm sure he'd sleep a lot. How do you feel about newborns that are nursing and can't stay with daddy all day?

lovingyoualways 11-19-2007 07:14 PM

It's cool with me, who doesn't love babies?

Inkonmyhands 11-20-2007 07:48 AM

It is totally cool with me. I LOVE babies. He won't upset me. I can tune things out. That is why I should have had a lot of kids. So if I don't talk much (yeah, right) you will know I am tuning you out too.

Daiseyfreak,

Please feel free to PM me with any details about this shoebox swap that you think I am missing or just how you organized yours. This is only my 2nd shoebox swap and I didn't organize the first one so . . . I have a lot to learn.

Luv2stampmamajacki,

Still need the place we are having it.

Everyone,

As we get closer we can post what stamps sets we are using (NVR on anything) and color of ink pads. That way if someone else has either the stamp set or the ink and they want to bring it so things go along quicker they can.

Bonnie

daiseyfreak 11-20-2007 08:41 AM

I would def. recommend each person bring their own stamp and scrub and mist, b/c if we're going to have 2 or 3 boxes a piece, we won't have enough for each station, so if everyone could just bring their own, everyone would have one at each station they visit!

daiseyfreak 11-20-2007 08:46 AM

Hey Bonnie, here's a thought, how about using your post #2 as a sign up post, you could use it and edit as people put down what they're bringing:

Shoebox Swap: stamp set used, color

Morning snack, Lunch, afternoon snacks –what food or drinks people are bringing

Goody Bags – is everyone making these?

Door Prizes - what people are making

This might help to prevent a lot of duplications, and we can have more of a variety!

Inkonmyhands 11-20-2007 09:46 AM

Great thoughts. I will get this done over the holidays. Once I communicate with my partner in crime in this shoebox swap I will get that all organize. You know I have to have a partner in this since I don't live any where close. My partner in crime is luv2stampmamajacki. Sgc is also helping me get out and about while I am there. You girls are so wonderful to me.

Bonnie

P.S. Sgc (Sandye) is the weekly RAK person on the wish thread. Lets flood her mailbox for when she comes back from her holiday trip.

luv2stampmamajacki 11-20-2007 03:29 PM

Oh please join us, I love babies and with 5 grandsons I pretty good with keeping them busy too! There is plenty of room (3 to be exact) so he could have a space of his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shayks (Post 7767230)
Interested, but I will have a brand new baby. I'm sure he'd sleep a lot. How do you feel about newborns that are nursing and can't stay with daddy all day?

luv2stampmamajacki 11-20-2007 03:39 PM

Bonnie

The name of the place that we have reserved is Meadows of Farmview Club House in Florence KY 41042 (about 15 miles south of Cincinnati) I don't have the exact addy but is right off of the main highway - which is US 42. Anyone driving will take I75 either North or South and take Exit US42/Mall Rd and follow it about 2 miles. It is a private club house for the condo's my daughter owns/lives. Like I said it is just like a small 2 bedroom ranch condo, with living room- 2 seperate rooms (1 very large that is set up as with round tables and chairs), kitchen. Very nice decor.

I will drive by and get the actually addy tomorrow as my friend is out of town for the holidays and my dd keeps forgetting to drive by for addy. Very simple directions that I can send or download so all will be able to find.

WOW - half way full. Sounds like Joy has some really cool ideas.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkonmyhands (Post 7770978)
It is totally cool with me. I LOVE babies. He won't upset me. I can tune things out. That is why I should have had a lot of kids. So if I don't talk much (yeah, right) you will know I am tuning you out too.

Daiseyfreak,

Please feel free to PM me with any details about this shoebox swap that you think I am missing or just how you organized yours. This is only my 2nd shoebox swap and I didn't organize the first one so . . . I have a lot to learn.

Luv2stampmamajacki,

Still need the place we are having it.

Everyone,

As we get closer we can post what stamps sets we are using (NVR on anything) and color of ink pads. That way if someone else has either the stamp set or the ink and they want to bring it so things go along quicker they can.

Bonnie

Inkonmyhands 11-20-2007 03:41 PM

Jackie,

I just PM'd you for this info. Is it o.k. to call you in a minute.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 11-20-2007 03:43 PM

Thanks!

Is this correct?
http://www.townecondos.com/index.php...el2=directions

Inkonmyhands 11-20-2007 05:04 PM

Jackie will respond about the place. It sure sounds like where she told me it was.

Bonnie

lovingyoualways 11-20-2007 05:07 PM

Sounds good!

Inkonmyhands 11-20-2007 05:15 PM

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS?

:mrgreen: I have a couple of questions for all of you that are signed up so far.

TIME - 10am - ? - What time would you like to stay to. We have the clubhouse to 12 midnight so . . . If you want to stay for supper we could stamp and swap until right before dinner, clean up, have dinner, chat and then you can go home when you wish.

FOOD - Breakfast - Someone has offered to bring some breakfast food already
Lunch - We thought for lunch we could provide a lunch meat platter, rolls, etc. and salad.

Dinner - My partner in crime if we stay late said she would make lasanga and rolls.

So I guess we would really just need people to volunteer for drinks, chips, desserts (cookies, anything easily transportable).

GRAB BAGS - We will provide one to everybody

DOOR PRIZES - Any donations are welcome. Everyone will get one whether you donate one or not.

FYI - A few of us are bringing a small gift for everyone. This is NOT expected by any means but if you want to do the same that is fine. Gifts can be as simple as a homemade stamped cardstock box.

Any other suggestions to make this a wonderful shoebox swap are welcome!

daiseyfreak 11-20-2007 05:46 PM

wow, Bonnie, this all sounds awesome!

I can bring all the cups, plates, bowls, and napkins!

sgc 11-20-2007 05:51 PM

This is sounding awesome! I'll bring as assortment of bagels and muffins. Jackie, is there a coffee pot there?

Sandye

lovingyoualways 11-20-2007 05:55 PM

UM...I'll bring whatever we need, just let me know.

I'm still scratching my head on projects lol.

We only live about 20 minutes from there so I can probably play for a long time.

NoraCH 11-20-2007 11:17 PM

Are there any vendor restrictions? I don't really own much SU stuff.

Inkonmyhands 11-21-2007 04:25 AM

There are NO VENDOR RESTRICTIONS! We would like to see a variety of different stamps. I know some of us are doing a project but we would love to see cards too so don't be afraid to do just cards. We would love to see different people too, join us.

Bonnie

P.S. Hi Tammy, I know you are excited about this too you just having told us that yet.

NoraCH 11-21-2007 06:31 AM

So we could do something other than cards-ATCs or small book/journals, for example-as long as it fits in the time limits?

luv2stampmamajacki 11-21-2007 06:32 AM

Yes this is the place - WOW how did you do that???
Sorry for the delay, after talking with Bonnie last night I ended up making Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge with the grandson so he could take some to his teachers this morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingyoualways (Post 7775740)

luv2stampmamajacki 11-21-2007 06:34 AM

Yes - coffee pot, oven, refrigater is all available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgc (Post 7776879)
This is sounding awesome! I'll bring as assortment of bagels and muffins. Jackie, is there a coffee pot there?

Sandye

luv2stampmamajacki 11-21-2007 06:37 AM

Either one sounds like fun!
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoraCH (Post 7780902)
So we could do something other than cards-ATCs or small book/journals, for example-as long as it fits in the time limits?