Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3641  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Christyne, I gave my talk today at he KH so I was going over and over that today. I kept wanting to do other things but I didn't want to end up not practising which was what I really needed to do.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #3642  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 161 Likes on 128 Posts

Morning ladies...

what a night....i went for a hike with my friend Devon last night down at the gorge. Then we went for ice cream (i know what a waste of a walk! lol) When i got home my sister told me that we may have to take my dad to the ER because his hands and feet were swollen. His one hand he couldn't even close. My brother went over there and gave him some gout pills and my dad the stubborn man he is said he would make a Dr's appt in the morning. So of course i didn't sleep at all last night. I went there this morning to drop off Abby and they are still swollen but not as bad. So now i am sitting here waiting to find out what time his Dr's appt is cuz i may have to drive him. Thankfully i have an extra manager on today! I always worry too since i lost my mom...i always think people are going to die. I know my dad isn't gonna die (at least i hope not!)... at least my friends kept me amused while i couldn't sleep by their crazy text messages, and the not bf made me cry, i really had no idea he was that sweet..it was nice to know!

Ok i should get some work done!! Hope you all have a super day!!!

hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #3643  
Die Cut Diva

Janet- I hope your dad is ok. I know it's so scary to get those calls. I remember it was new years eve/new years day 04/05, my sister, my brother, and I were at a friend's house celebrating. When it hit midnight we did our round of cheers and hugs and tried to call our parents. When they didn't pick up we figured that they must be doing some partying of their own and didn't think much of it. 10 minutes later my phone rang and it was my mom, at first I thought that she was returning our call but she was crying and sobbing so much that I didn't understand her. Anyways, it turned out that my dad had a stroke and was on his way to the hospital. Needless to say we all rushed there. My dad has made a recovery and there's little side effects to his stroke (knock on wood and thank goodness). But now every time I get a late night call I always think the worst. Although I'm not sure why it's late night calls that scare me since tragedy can happen at any time of day...lol.

Christyne- I hope that all went well yesterday with your DS and DD's appointments. I've got 2 bunches of bananas almost completely ripe. Black spots are appearing so I'm thinking they'll be good for Monday!

Suzanne- so have you figured out if you can come on Monday?? Christyne is making scrumptious banana bread and I'm thinking of making some wontons for lunch....YUMMY!!

Ina- I can't wait to see you again on Monday.

Eilis- congrats on your new job!! Hopefully you can make it out on Wednesday night to tell us all about it.

Teresa- what's KH? How did your speech go?

THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! I can't believe it's only been a week since I came back (not even), it feels like it's been forever since I went away! Life sure does catch up quickly....I have so many projects on the go that I think I might've bit off more than I can handle. Between my monthly classes (which is on Monday and I don't have anything prepped yet), to a girlfriend's daughter's baptism invites and thank you cards, to a friend's invites that I'm working on (that's what the taken with teal is for)...and the swaps that I joined here...all to be done in the next few weeks and then just regular daily mommy and family things....

Oh I just had a thought...let's do a girls retreat weekend. Let's see if we can find a cheap cottage or something to go for a weekend to craft, talk, and let loose. Anyone interested??? There's also a Sunday in May at Janet's too..ok, I'm feeling better now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #3644  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi Suzanne! Man, petty is SO annoying!

I'll pass on the image swap. I used to do them through this board and had WAY too many! I just purged a whole bunch of them. Thanks for asking though.

Where the heck is everyone else again today??!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #3645  
Forum Fanatic

I am trying to get a couple things done before I set my arse down for the weekend. I am in alot of pain, head hurts, back pains causing chest pains, TOTM.... a little feverish too but I have to go take my temp.

If I can make Wednesday, I will bring some images i have. I have a stack of images that I never use.

Um. what else. Late night calls. You know.. you just know people's calling habits... especially your parents. One night after i first moved to Ontario and had only been here a few months my dad called at 10:30. I was super tired and happened to go to bed early that night. That was the call I got that my grandma had been hit by a truck and died. So.. from that night forward, I am afraid of calls from my parents any time after 8pm.. because they just DON"T CALL THAT LATE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #3646  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

Yesterday, I was in class all day. I had to re-certify for my ACLS. I'm good for another 2 years now! Today, I haven't been on-line either. Took the dog for a long walk this a.m. Laundry and house cleaning and some yard work this afternoon. Now, I am taking a break.
Tomorrow, Melissa and I are going to Scrapfest 2010 in Kitchener. Last year, I spent a bundle, and seeing as my co-enabler is going with me, this year probably will be even worse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM   #3647  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Everyone....UGGG, thought Friday (and this week) would NEVER end!
My Brother is now throwing a HISSY basically because I wouldn't lend him my car to pick up the kids in St. Cath. tomorrow morning. I'm driving my BF into work early and I'm really not a big fan of him driving my car anyhow...and he knows it! He's written off more cars than I have owned in my life! My plan was to drop of BF at work and then head to St. Catharines to pick up the kids myself. BUT NOOOO.....He's now freaking out so much that they are his "kids and I'm not picking them up..." Whatever! I don't need this!
Monday....Sorry I forgot to get back to you! I have to take Mr. BoJangles to the VET! I didn't realize that he's overdue for his shots and I need him to get them for his grooming appt next week. (His hair is matting on his ears-from rubbing his face on carpet-and he looks homeless!)
I'm in for Wednesday for sure though. Have it on my calendar...
I really need a good night of SLEEP! BF is coming over tonight, so maybe??

http://www.treasured-crafts.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #3648  
Die Cut Diva

Ina- sounds like a day of fun is to be had tomorrow! Have fun and don't spend bundles...LOL...who am I to say that, I don't know the meaning of budget and self control (even though I really should since I have 4 kids to put through college/university!)

Suzanne- BF??? Is this a new one or did I miss something? Too bad you're going to miss Monday but there's always Wednesday! As for a good night's sleep....I don't know about you but having a boy sleep over and sleep (in the actual meaning of it) does not really go together! Have fun "sleeping"! :p (I'm teasing!)

As for your brother...ummm...may I be so bold to say that he's taking you for granted! First of all if I'm not mistaken, you already lend him your home every other weekend for his visitations with his daughters and now he has the audacity to be upset with you because you won't lend him your car too! If it's such a big deal to him to pick up HIS kids, then why doesn't he get his own car (or rent one if he can't). Otherwise I'd say, suck it up and be thankful for having such a great and generous sister. I for one probably can't do what you're doing. I know you do it for your nieces and I admire and respect you for being such a great person! (((HUGS)))

Oh and for the image swap, I'll have to pass too but if there's anything in my collection (pretty much all SU) that you would like, I can stamp it for you. I just don't swap images since I usually forget what I have and then it builds up. I can bring my catalogue for you to browse if you'd like.

Christyne- I posted today!!! Didn't you read my great long post!

Karen- I hope you feel better! I hope you can make it out on Wednesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 03:52 AM   #3649  
Pearl-ExPert

Janet, Did your Dad's doctor prescribe progesterone, or those tight elastic stockings, or something more serious?
Diana, KH = Kingdom Hall. My talk went really well. I had people email me that night and yesterday to tell me how much they liked it and even at the P.O. the next day people were telling me there!
Karen, this weekend is shot for you but you will be fine again for Wednesday. Get a hot water bottle and a glass of wine.
No image swap for me because I don't have coptics.
Is it ever cold out! I don't know what the temp is but I just went to the end of the drive to pick up the newspaper and found it is cold and windy out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #3650  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

MOrning ladies...It turns out my dad has gout. They gave him some drugs to take. He has to see our family dr. on tues to get blood work done and stuff. Thank god it wasn't anything serious.

My brother also got laid off yesterday...ugh...so now he is looking for work and he has a kid in college and one in university!

well i should get going...i have so much to do today!

hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #3651  

Howdy everyone!!!

Diana, I don't know how I missed your post yesterday, but I clearly did. My apologies!!! Your bananas sound like they'll be just right by Monday - make sure no one eats them!

Suzanne - I'm sorry to hear about all the drama in your life! Hope it gets better soon!

Janet - I hope your dad heals up quickly. My heart goes out to your brother!!!

Karen - Feel better soon and come out with us on Wednesday...it's Demetre's!!!

Ina - I hope you did well at your class and that you had fun at ScrapFest today!!!

Everyone else, have a GREAT rest of the weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #3652  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, I passed my ACLS! Good to go for another two years! Now I have to recertify for Paediatric Advanced life support and Neonatal rescuscitation (NRP) I've been told I can do the NRP at our own hospital on May 3. But I will wait until fall to do the one for kids.
Diana, what does cooking class look like? Do we all demonstrate a recipe? What do we need to bring?
Suzanne, what kind of images are you looking for? I can leave a few with Diana to give to you on Wednesday. I don't need a return, as I have a whole box full of images that haven't been colored yet from swaps I have been in. Oh, yes, about the bf and sleep.........are you saying he is so boring he puts you to sleep? Otherwise, I figure bfs are not too conducive to actual sleep!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #3653  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

morning ladies....man am i beat! What a weekend! lol i went to Metalfest and had a blast! My nephew smashed his head off the stage though! ouch! Hes ok though Today i am going to Kellie's to stamp I haven't stamped with people in years!

Ina-congrats on passing your test

Suzanne- your brother sounds like my sister!! lol

Have fun tomorrow cooking!!

hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 AM   #3654  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Ladies! It's a sunny and beautiful Sunday! I can't believe the weekend is half over! ARGH...is it me or is time passing WAY too quickly. On the bright side, at least tomorrow is cooking class Monday!

Ina- the last cooking class that Christyne and I did, we both made something that we thought the other person would like to learn how to make. We didn't demonstrate it to each other, more like we just made it together. You can bring whatever you'd like. Christyne is making banana bread and fresh buns and I will be making wonton noodle soup.

Ok...off to clean the house before the inlaws get here!

Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys the rest of their weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #3655  
Die Cut Diva

oh and oops...CONGRATS on passing your test Ina!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #3656  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by corrosive69View Post
morning ladies....man am i beat! What a weekend! lol i went to Metalfest and had a blast! My nephew smashed his head off the stage though! ouch! Hes ok though Today i am going to Kellie's to stamp I haven't stamped with people in years!

Ina-congrats on passing your test

Suzanne- your brother sounds like my sister!! lol

Have fun tomorrow cooking!!

hugs
Have fun at Kellie's today Janet! I LOVE stamping with people too...the creativity and inspiration that one gets from that is incredible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #3657  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kellie and i had fun gave her some copic lessons and enabled her just a bit ;) She has an amazing room!!! I am jealous!! lol
hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #3658  
Stazon Splitcoast

Janet, I love that yellow duckie card on your challenge blog! So cute, and I love the bright colors and the buttons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #3659  
Forum Fanatic

Ina congrats on your re-cert!

Suzanne, sorry to hear your bro is being a donkey's butt. Don't take it from him, you are doing more for him than he deserves! And ya.. is this the same bf? Or a new one?

Oh Janet! Glad your dad got diagnosed so he can be treated!
That totally sucks about your brother! I know how that feels! What industry is he in?

As for Wednesday, I'm not sure if I can make it. I will try. I self-diagnosed-ish today and realized its the shingles come back. I pretty much got progessively worse and have literally been laid out on the couch or in bed all weekend. Today was my first trip out and that was so Mike could take me to the pharmacy to get medication. Luckily last time I broke out the doctor wrote me a repeat prescription so I just called today and filled it. I am going to be much more DILIGENT this time 'round. I skipped the last pill last time and took two of them kinda late, plus I drank one of the days.. okay maybe two of the days that I was on them. Anyhoo.. funny thought.... it was the first time we went to Demetres I think that I was suffering from shingles the first time - the meds were over but I was still having the numbness on my right side.....

Time to get healthy! I know I know... *runs away from Christyne*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #3660  
Polyshrink Goddess

Janet- Your sis want a new brother? I'll gladly swap siblings with her!
Ina - Congrats on passing the test....tests suck! LOL
Oh...THE BF thing. It sure isn't the one I ditched a little over a month ago! This is an EX that has kinda crept back in....LOL But things are going quite well, so.....we'll see.
I told my brother off more than once this weekend and I think maybe he finally figured it out....at least I hope so! Either way, the nieces had a great time.....except for when the oldest had a fever of 102 F conveniently at bedtime (LOL) Some Tylenol,then some Motrin a while later....a cold cloth and some cuddles and all is good. I just PRAY that I don't get sick! I can't afford to really!
Was out for Sushi tonight for my friend's birthday, good times!
To the VET with Mr. BoJangles tomorrow...I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he figures out where were are going!
Looking forward to Wednesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #3661  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Karen...my brother sells car parts. He is hoping to go to another place that is hiring...keep your fingers crossed!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkarenView Post
Ina congrats on your re-cert!

Suzanne, sorry to hear your bro is being a donkey's butt. Don't take it from him, you are doing more for him than he deserves! And ya.. is this the same bf? Or a new one?

Oh Janet! Glad your dad got diagnosed so he can be treated!
That totally sucks about your brother! I know how that feels! What industry is he in?

As for Wednesday, I'm not sure if I can make it. I will try. I self-diagnosed-ish today and realized its the shingles come back. I pretty much got progessively worse and have literally been laid out on the couch or in bed all weekend. Today was my first trip out and that was so Mike could take me to the pharmacy to get medication. Luckily last time I broke out the doctor wrote me a repeat prescription so I just called today and filled it. I am going to be much more DILIGENT this time 'round. I skipped the last pill last time and took two of them kinda late, plus I drank one of the days.. okay maybe two of the days that I was on them. Anyhoo.. funny thought.... it was the first time we went to Demetres I think that I was suffering from shingles the first time - the meds were over but I was still having the numbness on my right side.....

Time to get healthy! I know I know... *runs away from Christyne*

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #3662  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Ina I love that image!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowrose46View Post
Janet, I love that yellow duckie card on your challenge blog! So cute, and I love the bright colors and the buttons.

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #3663  

Good morning!!! It's cooking school day! I just need to get the peeps off to school and I am good to go! I need to stop at the ribbon store on my way up. Anybody want anything???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:39 AM   #3664  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't sleep well last night, so I am having a late start. I still need to go to the post office to mail some swap cards, drive up to Arthur to pay my car insurance (due last week) and then I'll be on my way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM   #3665  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

morning ladies! Have fun cooking!! I love cooking but never do it. If i lived on my own i would cook for sure.
Busy day at work for a monday! ugh...lol oh well it will make the day fly by i hope!!

hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #3666  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Karen...my brother sells car parts. He is hoping to go to another place that is hiring...keep your fingers crossed!!
Hope he gets it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #3667  

Hi Karen! How are you feeling???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #3668  
Pearl-ExPert

Karen, did TOM leave yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #3669  
Forum Fanatic

I feel like crap.
But a bit better. I can move around a bit easier, but muscles are still sore....

Did I mention TOM was here? Or were you keeping track of my cycle? LOL!! j/k
Tail end of TOM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 AM   #3670  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

morning ladies! Have fun cooking!! I love cooking but never do it. If i lived on my own i would cook for sure.
Busy day at work for a monday! ugh...lol oh well it will make the day fly by i hope!!

hugs
Janet, I live on my own and I don't cook. Most of the time it is much easier to just make some scrambled egg on toast, or a bowl of oatmeal, than to plan a meal. I eat lots of snacks in between, quite often fruit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 AM   #3671  
Stazon Splitcoast

Di, I had a good time yesterday. It was great seeing you and Christyne again! Yummy won tons and potato bread!
We had a lovely meal last evening too. I thought the host and hostess would be cooking a Chinese meal, but it was all take-out. Delicious anyway. And we laughed and laughed! The men brought their spouses, so I wasn't the only woman (token woman on an all male board) It was all fun last evening.........no business talk at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #3672  
Die Cut Diva

Hi everybody!!!!!

Well things were going well and then BAM!!! I got hit over the head with some serious Crap!!!

Here's the low down...DH found out Thursday his brother has COPD and is now being tested for Lung Cancer.

I got a call Saturday morning!!!! from Southlake hospital that my dad had stroke Friday Morning..yes I was pissed I wasn't called when it happened. They got an earful.

That same Saturday we saw my dad came home and DD went out with her BF to see a movie. She called two hours later to let us know she and her BF got into a huge car accident. Both cars are done for. Bayview and HWY 7 completely blocked and one women was sent to the hospital.

DD is fine..she is bruised up but no serious injury. She is still shaken and so is her BF. He's just a mess...poor kid is going to need therapy...he keeps apologizing to me...he is clearly tortured by the event of almost killing two people including himself. Needless to say DD is back to her B-I-A-T-C-H self ... LOL

My Dad is doing much better and may need surgery for a plaque blockage on the side of throat or something like that...they told him it should've been done when he had his first stroke 12 yrs ago, but they'll probably look after it now. Dad isn't able to use his hands so he's got nurses to help him with whatever he needs...he's got some cute @ss nurses giving him a bath, feeding him, dressing him etc. No wonder he's feeling better!!!! LOL You should see him flirting with all the nurses...he's been smiling from the time he got into the hospital apparently...what a joke...lol...

And well DH brother never really did take care of himself properly so DH isn't surprised that he's ended up with these problems...he smoked alot and used crack...so lung cancer is highly anticipated. But he too is "doing" what he loves to do and is still doing it...MEN!!! LOL....

I swear I need a show of my own...lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 AM   #3673  
Die Cut Diva

Wow was it something I said... :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #3674  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning ladies...

Michelle- i am so sorry all that stuff happened to you!! Sending hugs your way!!

Ina- i love to cook and if i was on my own i would cook all the time!! I cook once a week for my sister and bil.

Karen- hope you are feeling better!

I was off yesterday and got my car washed...hung out with the not-bf all day. I am off today i think i am gonna go to the gorge for a hike. Its sooooooooo nice out

hope you all have a super day!

hugs

Janet's cards!
Janet's Scents

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #3675  

Hi everyone! I'm hanging out at the hospital for my pre-surgery clinic today. A whole lot of "hurry up and wait". ARGH!!! Oh well...you gotta do what you gotta do...

Michelle-YIKES! You've some freaky stuff going on...you could be the next Jerry Springer or something!

Janet-I hope you have a great time on your hike! Take some pics and post!

Karen-I hope you're improving a bit!

Everyone else, have a GREAT day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #3676  
Polyshrink Goddess

HEY everyone!
Michelle...I think if we were to co-write something we'd have a best seller on our hands for SURE! Hope everything gets better, at least you seem to be in ok spirits....

Are we meeting tonight? I thought this was the Wed Night thing today? Please fix me if I have the wrong day!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #3677  
Die Cut Diva

Just popping on quickly to say that I'm heading out! I'll comment on everyones' posts a little later!

Suzanne- YES TONIGHT IS THE DEMETRE'S NIGHT!!! SEE YOU THERE!!! Hopefully you still have my cell number in case you need to reach me. I might be a little late, but not by much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #3678  

WOOHOO!!! I'm leaving in about 20 minutes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #3679  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whew! So glad someone responded! LOL
I'm still at work, but will leave shortly...
I probably won't stay late, I'm so tired....but excited to get together with you all......YAY

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #3680  
Die Cut Diva

Once again IT WAS A BLAST ladies!!!

Ummm...Suzanne, I just read your post about not staying late...you know that doesn't happen when we go out right??? lol...hope you're not too tired tomorrow, but at least DL won't be there.

Teresa, I hope you got home ok too!

Christyne, you're in my top 5 too!!!

Can't wait for Wings Nite tomorrow...I mean..next month! :twisted:

Michelle- when it rains, it pours. I'm sorry to hear about everything that's going on with you. Hopefully it all sorts itself out soon.

Ina- I really enjoyed Monday. Your brocolli salad was scrumptious...I have to admit that I finished it off myself that night.

Christyne- Monday's baked yummies are officially GONE!!!

Janet- how was your hike today?? Maybe I should go hiking now while the bugs are still hibernating...once they're out, I'm not going to be!

Karen- hope you're feeling better and enjoying your new job.

A night out with you ladies leaves me feeling energized (or it could be the tons of sugar and caffiene that I had)....off to the craft room I go....
Reply With Quote Likes