Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/canada-%2A-southern-ontario-coffee-sugar-girls-461096/)

ScrappingMommyof3 09-28-2009 05:51 AM

Canada * Southern Ontario Coffee and Sugar Girls!

Thought this would be a good idea for us...especially if we are going to do this once a month!

This way if no one is hosting a swap, we have somewhere to chat...

MWAH!!!

stampinkaren 09-28-2009 06:06 AM

So if Southern California is So Cal... Southern Ontario would be SoOnt...Eww.. just doesn't have the right "ring" to it.. LOL

tmalaryk 09-28-2009 07:51 AM

31 hours to go!

stampinkaren 09-28-2009 08:16 AM

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I"m freeezing!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I can stay too long tomorrow girlies.. sorry!! We have a kind of packed week because there are 2 custody nights and we're listing the condo on the weekend, plus we're hopefully going to see a few more places on wednesday evening. But I am going to tell bf "well, I am going to just drop off this swap since Diana will be in town and then I dont' have to go all the way up to Bradford" which should buy me 1-2 hours... =)

stampinkaren 09-28-2009 11:15 AM

Ok i just had two cran & vodkas so i'm warmer now..

mommyof4boys 09-28-2009 11:36 AM

Hi Ladies!!! OOOHHH this is such a good idea Christyne!!

Karen- that means that you're going to miss Christyne :( or are you?? Well at least you're gonna be able to make it out for a bit. Did you want me to bring the Stephanie Plum books?

Are there reservations?

27.5 more hours till Big Daddy's....:twisted::mrgreen:

ScrappingMommyof3 09-28-2009 04:08 PM

Oh! I hope we don't miss each other Karen! I'll try to get there as SOON as I can...you come a little later Karen and at the very least we should manage an air kiss as we pass each other in the foyer - LOL!

mommyof4boys 09-28-2009 05:10 PM

hehe...hopefully we'll all be able to have one toast together!

btw...Ina posted on my swap thread (just in case any of you miss it) that MelissaL is coming as well! woohoo!!

tmalaryk 09-28-2009 06:55 PM

I better glue another label on another jar of jam!

mommyof4boys 09-28-2009 08:31 PM

lol...you're so funny!!

stampinkaren 09-29-2009 06:05 AM

Who's showing up at 7 again?
I wont make it for 7 for sure... maybe 8.. I just don't want Diana to be alone...

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 06:38 AM

I think Ina and Melissa are coming together and they'll be there for 7pm. What time did you make the reservations for?

Ina/Melissa- if you guys are ok with it, maybe we can change the reservations to 7:30??

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 06:38 AM

Oops...forgot which thread I was responding in...don't think Ina and Melissa subbed here yet.

stampinkaren 09-29-2009 06:44 AM

LOL I ddin't yet.. have to do that right after this meeting I'm hopping into.. so 6 bodies, right?

tmalaryk 09-29-2009 07:07 AM

Not sure what time traffic will get me there but I am aiming for 7pm.

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 07:09 AM

Ok...did you want to leave it for 7 then. I'm aiming for 7 as well and I think Ina and Melissa are too. The restaurant doesn't open until 11:30 so we still have to call in our reservations, did you want to make it for 7 or 7:30? I'm good either way.

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 07:11 AM

I just got a PM from Ina and they're heading there for 7:30, lol...Ina had thought that we originally said 7:30. So it's just me and you Teresa....7:30 then?

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 08:19 AM

Reservations are made! Tonight @ 7:30 under the name "Splitcoast"...woohoo...so excited. See you ladies soon!

stampinkaren 09-29-2009 10:23 AM

Hey Diana! Thanks for making the reso's!
Man.. its just looking more and more like I wont even be able to make it tonight! GRR!!

tmalaryk 09-29-2009 11:04 AM

Got the info and can't wait!

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15230269)
Hey Diana! Thanks for making the reso's!
Man.. its just looking more and more like I wont even be able to make it tonight! GRR!!

awww...that sucks! You've got to come, even if it's for a little bit! You've got goodies to pick up!

ScrappingMommyof3 09-29-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15230824)
awww...that sucks! You've got to come, even if it's for a little bit! You've got goodies to pick up!

Yeah! Think of the poor, sad, lonely goodies! I'm just taking DS to meet the teacher and plan to be there close to 8:30. See everyone soon!

mommyof4boys 09-29-2009 08:40 PM

Absolutely awesome tonight ladies!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all the wonderful conversations, company, and goodies!!!!

What are we doing next?!?! :mrgreen::-D

Sama 09-29-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof4boys (Post 15234498)
Absolutely awesome tonight ladies!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all the wonderful conversations, company, and goodies!!!!

What are we doing next?!?! :mrgreen::-D

Vancouver is ONLY 4.5 hrs away by air....*wink*
just a suggestion....:rolleyes:

Sama 09-29-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingMommyof3 (Post 15231846)
Yeah! Think of the poor, sad, lonely goodies! I'm just taking DS to meet the teacher and plan to be there close to 8:30. See everyone soon!

Hey Christine!!! that was a totally rad surprise!! LOVED 'meeting' ya via voice!! I should have red past post #18 then I would have know about your delay!...Man! seems that U can outtalk me too!! LOL ahaha looks like I met my match!!!:mrgreen:**muwahhh**

ok ok I'm NOT from Ontario....I'm just a Fraservalley girl...crawling back to BC now.....LOL:mrgreen: 'NITEEEEEEEEEEEEE ya alll!!

yellowrose46 09-30-2009 05:04 AM

O.K. I'm subbing now! I had a great time last night and the goodies were/are awesome! Thanks so much. Paola, what a surprise to all of us that you called! We toasted to you with our 'water/iced tea' glasses! After all, the laws have changed re: drinking and driving and I can't afford to get caught! Sure wished you lived around here........if you ever come to visit, there will be a huge party to celebrate!

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 05:12 AM

For sure Paola..we all agreed that should you come visit we would all drop what we were doing and PAR-TY with you! I hope you heard us "cheers" to you last night while you were on the phone with Christyne.

Ina- it was wonderful to meet you last night. I hope Melissa is ok and that you pass her our well wishes and hopefully she can join us next month.

I absolutely LOVE getting together with you ladies. It's always such a blast! :mrgreen:

stampinkaren 09-30-2009 06:26 AM

Morning all ~ What a fun night! WEll, for me it was a fun "hour" LOL! I got a text from bf "are u on your way"? just as I was rounding the corner home.. so my timing was perfect! hehe.

Man.. the roast though.. terrible! It was WAAAAY too dry - even though it was tasty... but I didn't complain! LOL

Party with Paola!! ~ Niagara Falls awaits!

I was caressing my jar of peach jam last night licking my lips.. hehe
I just need to go grocery shopping so we have some bread! LOL!!

And um.. here's my OFFICIAL PUBLIC APOLOGY for skipping out on the bill!!!!!! Yikes! I'm such a dunce! I was going up the onramp to the QEW and went SH****T! So I text Diana.. I will repay you next time! I feel like such a dorkus!

tmalaryk 09-30-2009 07:14 AM

Karen, we laughed and decided you were on a roll from lunch. You probably forgot because imho it seems very homey in that restaurant and you wouldn't think of a restaurant bill coming to your table at home. The waitress was very good with not coming over every minute to see what was going on.
Everyone - I LOVE all my goodies from last night. I don't know what I'm going to use first but I'm making it a point to make a list of things I want to create before our next get together and on that list should be to use some of the crochet flowers on a card or tin or something.
I'm going to have the best lunch today...my leftovers from last night!

stampinkaren 09-30-2009 07:24 AM

I forgot because I usually never leave a place that serves alcohol early... LOL!

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 09:48 AM

lol...not a problem Karen. As you know, I didn't get your text until I got in my car but you were covered. :p:-D We did have a little giggle about you still being on your lunch buzz but we knew you didn't do it intentionally. No worries, your glass of wine was only $1000 so you can repay me next time...lol. :twisted::mrgreen: KIDDING!!!

stampinkaren 09-30-2009 12:26 PM

hahahaha!
Geez, my reputation preceeds me! LOL

Seriously though, I had 2 drinks at lunch and they were not wine so I was good.. hahaha

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 12:40 PM

It's all in good fun..no worries! :-D

stampinkaren 09-30-2009 12:44 PM

So.. we should also hunker down a date for holiday cardmaking too! Teresa, will you still come if you're surrounded by Christmas trees? LOL!!

If its just a bunch of us getting together to play with paper, it wont matter what we're all making! LOL

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 02:54 PM

We can craft at my place if you'd like. It might be a little bit of a drive for Teresa though. But you are more than welcome to come here. :D

MelissaL 09-30-2009 03:03 PM

Hello ladies...So sorry that I couldn't make it last night. Sounds like you all had a blast. Next month for sure!

Thank you for the lovely gifts, too. Diana, you need to teach us that flower! :-)

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 03:29 PM

Hi Melissa! I hope you're feeling better and there's always next month.

I will definately teach you guys that flower, just remind me to bring my scallop circle punch and some paper to our next outing! :D

tmalaryk 09-30-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinkaren (Post 15238609)
So.. we should also hunker down a date for holiday cardmaking too! Teresa, will you still come if you're surrounded by Christmas trees? LOL!!

If its just a bunch of us getting together to play with paper, it wont matter what we're all making! LOL

Yes I probably would still come to stamp. What should I bring? I wouldn't at all mind the drive to your place, Diana!

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 05:33 PM

So all now we have to decide on is a date...thoughts ladies...weeknight or a weekend? I vote for a weekend...maybe a Sunday, that way we have all day. But if its more convenient, we can do it on a weeknight. I don't mind how late you ladies stay but I was just thinking of the drive home and work for some of you the next day.

yellowrose46 09-30-2009 05:46 PM

Seeing as there is driving involved, probably on a weekend. I probably wouldn't be able to attend, seeing as I am only free one weekend in October. But I'm sure the rest of you will have a great time!

mommyof4boys 09-30-2009 05:52 PM

I was thinking it might not work in October since this upcoming weekend is already October, the next weekend is the Thanksgiving long weekend (I won't be here), Karen won't be here the following two weekends (17th and 24th) and the one after is Halloween. Maybe we can have our stamping fest in November and get together in October on a weeknight again. Thoughts ladies?

yellowrose46 09-30-2009 06:03 PM

Sounds good to me! Yes, I will be off this coming weekend and the 17th, but working the 10th, 24th weekends and off to Texas the last week of the month.

ScrappingMommyof3 10-01-2009 01:27 AM

Hi everyone! Thanks again for all the fun the other night and for all the wonderful goodies!

Teresa, your jam is FAB!!!
Karen, that lip balm - YUM! I want to eat it - LOL!
Diana, my DD wants to know how to make that box...tell me quick before she steals mine - LOL!
Ina, those flowers are GORGEOUS!!! I need to make a Christmas card and use some of those snowflakes - SO CUTE!
Melissa, hope you are able to join us soon and that you are feeling better!!!

October is TOTALLY out for me! November would be better, but also depends on when DD will be going in for surgery. You all pick a date and if I can make it, I'll be there for sure!!!

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 04:41 AM

Christyne- haha...that purse is so easy to make. There's a tutorial online but I had to tweak the measurements so it would fit A2 cards. It's still a little tight but at least it works.

Here's the recipe:

Supplies:
Corner Rounder
1 3/4" Circle Punch
Strong Adhesive
Paper Scorer

Cardstock
1 - 6 x 11
1 - 6 x 7 1/4
1 - 1 1/2 x 11
2 - 4 1/4 x 10
4 - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2

DSP
1 - 5 1/2 x 10 1/4
1 - 5 1/2 x 3 1/2
1 - 1 x 11
2 - 3 3/4 x 10

Center 1 x 11 dsp onto 1 1/2 x 11 cs, score at 1" on each side (this is the handle)
Center both 3 3/4 x 10 dsp onto 4 1/4 x 10 cs, score at every 1" and fold (mountain folds)
Score 6 x 11 cs at 3", 6", 10 1/4", round the corners on the 3" side
Round the corners at one end of the 5 1/2 x 10 1/4 dsp and center onto the rounded cs side, only put adhesive until the first scored line.
Tuck the scored ends of the handle into the center of the next section.
Adhere the rest of the dsp to the cs. Fold along the score lines.
Score 6 x 7 1/4 cs at 3" (dividing the 7 1/4 side), attach the 3" section to the small flap (with the flap on the inside of the box)
Round one end of the 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 dsp, mount onto 4 1/4 side with rounded edge down (this piece isn't centered, just eyeball it to line up with the top portion leaving the same amount of space on the bottom and the sides, the top will have more space)
Adhere the two 4 1/4 x 10 to each side of the "box"
Punch half a circle into each of the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 pieces
Insert and adhere them into the box, make sure you don't make it too snug otherwise it'll be really tight.
Decorate your box and voila!

Hopefully that makes sense otherwise I'll have to find that online tutorial for you.

tmalaryk 10-01-2009 04:44 AM

What weekend are you available, Ina?

tmalaryk 10-01-2009 04:47 AM

Just noticed the purse instructions! Now I can try!
Christyne, I don't mind waiting until November to get together.

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 04:53 AM

We can do another weeknight get together in October and do a weekend in November if that works out better for most of us...Or we can put it off until early November. Either way works for me. :-D

ScrappingMommyof3 10-01-2009 05:41 AM

Thanks for the purse instructions!

I could do a weeknight in October, but definitely not a weekend - YIKES!!!

A November weekend would work, though it all depends on DD's surgery date/recovery time, etc...

stampinkaren 10-01-2009 06:23 AM

Morning all~
Melissa! I wish you could have come! How's your ankle/foot?

Hmm.. October seems full for everyone!
Shoot.. short meeting.. BRB

mommyof4boys 10-01-2009 11:13 AM

Ok...how about we pick a weeknight in October after Karen gets back (the week of the 26th) and as for November we can craft here at my place. My birthday is on the 20th and since I'm turning 30 I hope that DH is planning something BIG for me. So that weekend is out. I was thinking a Saturday that way we have ALL night....how about either the 14th or the 28th??