Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #1  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any babes online from OK City??

My dh & I are moving to Oklahoma City within the next month (if all goes as planned). I know I've seen OK City in some locations so I just wanted to check to see if I was just seeing things or if you're really out there!!

Give me shout out & some location advice! I've seen things in brochures & online about he downtown area & I'm really excited about experiencing all that, but what else should I know about as a "newbie"?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #2  
Queen Shouldareadahead

C'mon!!! There must be some OK City babes online!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I am not in OKC but I am in Tulsa, I used to live in Norman which is close to OKC. There are all kinds of things in OKC, are you interested in the tourist type things? You need to check out bricktown, it is downtown and it is the area around the bricktown ballpark. They have a water way that goes through the town and there are all kinds of restaurants and stuff. It is just a nice little area. There are the botanicial gardens. They have a big art show every May I think it is, it is pretty neat. There are all kinds of museums, just depends what your interests are. The OKC bombing memorial is a place you need to go see. There is the omniplex, it is a children sciences museum and the zoo is there with it. I am not crazy about the OKC zoo but the Tulsa zoo is nice. There are the horse races also in that area. There is a fire fighters museum, the cowboy hall of fame (I think it is called the cowboy and heritage museum now), there is a wrestling hall of fame in OKC or Norman. You shoudl go check out the OU campus in Norman. There is a big mall at 50th and Penn. I hope this helps you some, I can give you more info if you would like, just let me know. I can also tell you all the neat stuff to see in Tulsa, it is only about 1.5 hours away from OKC. Have a safe move and welcome to OKlahoma, you will be saying Ya'll before you know it!!

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

We are from Oklahoma City........I live in South OKC. My co-worker lives in Nw Okc. OUr stampin up demonstrator lives in Norman which a subburb of OKC actually about 15 minutes from my house, and would love to get you with her.

Why are you coming to OKC...moving ? , new jobs ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  
Lizzie

I live in NW Oklahoma City.

We have 3 big malls and we are the home of Hobby Lobby! Plenty of Michaels' and scrapbook stores and 1 -3 stamp stores.

There are about 5 - 6 of us that get together that are SU crazy people! We have a Demoer that we love. If you need one for this area, we would be happy to give you her name.

Do you know where you will be living in OKC? Where are you moving from?

Give us a shout when and if you get here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Me, Me, Me!

I live in NW OKC.

If you want some visitor's information you can go to http://www.visitokc.com/. They have lots of links to all kinds of things.

You just missed the Arts Festival (April every year...put on by the Arts Council), but in South OKC, at the Community College, there is a Labor Day Arts Festival.

All the other suggestions here are great...Bricktown, the Omniplex, etc.

As a newbie, you'll need to be aware that there is a Sonic on just almost every corner. The Corporate Headquarters are here.

Ummm...The city is laid out on an easy to follow grid...I am directionally challenged and I can find my way around quite easily.

There are hidden jewels all over the place. The cultural community is great and there are lots of fun things happening all the time!

Let us know when you get here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #7  
Queen Shouldareadahead

I knew there were some OK City babes online!!

We're relocating to OK City because my dh got a transfer with the company he works for, Eaton. His office will be towards the airport area, and if memory serves me correctly he talked about looking at houses in the Norman area. I can't remember exactly right now because it's still so abstract to me.

I haven't been to OK City yet (we plan to go next weekend-June 10th-to look at houses), but I've been to the Tulsa area. We visited some friends before Christmas who had just moved there. I didn't realize it was only 1.5 hours from there to OK City, though! Cool...

We're relocating from the Jackson, MS area (where we moved to after living in Greensboro, NC for about 4 years), so we've already become accustomed to the ya'll--oh, and I'm originally from Arkansas. It's still not what I usually say, though.

As for demonstrators, I hope to sign up when we move! I thought it may be a good way to get to know some new people. Is that going to be a bad move?? I would love to meet you ladies once we get settled!!

WOOHOO!!!! I found some OK City babes!!!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

look forward to meeting you when you get here. LIzzey (liz) is my office mate
You might consider looking in the area of 119th and May.,...The housing additions are Rivendale which is quite expensive..also my sister in law (the Avon lady) lives in the area called the Fountains....The area around 104 to 149th Santa Fe west to May Ave is a growing area....I live a little North of there around SW 44 and Penn

Also, Norman is good not real familiar with that area but that is where our Demo lady live and 1 of the others in our stamping addiction group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM   #9  
Lizzie

Norman is a good place to live. Home to the University of Oklahoma Sooners!

My Demo gal lives in the Norman area. We are having our summer stamp camp June 25, and we always have a good time.

So where in Arkansas? I was born in Ashdown, in Little River County. Grew up in OKC.

Moving to Oklahoma is a good thing!

My best friend who got me started in stampin' and scrapbooks lives in Norman.

I am having a stamp "party" the end of August, my birth month, also the new catty will be out. You are more than welcome to join us. I might hold it at my friend's house in Norman, her house is bigger than mine and she is also re-decorating!

Liz
[email protected]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #10  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzie
Norman is a good place to live. Home to the University of Oklahoma Sooners!

My Demo gal lives in the Norman area. We are having our summer stamp camp June 25, and we always have a good time.

So where in Arkansas? I was born in Ashdown, in Little River County. Grew up in OKC.

Moving to Oklahoma is a good thing!

My best friend who got me started in stampin' and scrapbooks lives in Norman.

I am having a stamp "party" the end of August, my birth month, also the new catty will be out. You are more than welcome to join us. I might hold it at my friend's house in Norman, her house is bigger than mine and she is also re-decorating!

Liz
[email protected]
I grew up in the Little Rock area in Arkansas. I've heard of Ashdown, but don't know where it is exactly--nor do I know where Little River County is (where's that blushing emoticon??). I lived in AR for 26 years, but there's still a lot I don't know!!

I will certainly look you up on that end of August thing!! I may be a demo by then, though, so your demo may not want me there. If I'm not a demo, I'll certainly come! My dh's start date is supposed to be on July 1st, but he still doesn't have that as a definite.

YAY!! I HAVE FRIENDS ALREADY IN OK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

It looks like the Air Force will be sending us to OKCity by Christmas. So I'll be a newbie too. But you never know with the air force till you actually have orders in hand!!
~Jodie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #12  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevjop
It looks like the Air Force will be sending us to OKCity by Christmas. So I'll be a newbie too. But you never know with the air force till you actually have orders in hand!!
~Jodie
COOL!!! And by then, I'll be more familiar with the area, so if you do come, I can show YOU around!!! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi!

I visit my inlaws frequently in Edmond, a suburb just north of OKC. GREAT community, TERRIFIC school system (if you have kids) and that whole area has a great, friendly vibe to it.

I have my stamping buds up there, one is a member here, robynstamps!

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 06:42 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusgottastamp
I knew there were some OK City babes online!!

We're relocating to OK City because my dh got a transfer with the company he works for, Eaton. His office will be towards the airport area, and if memory serves me correctly he talked about looking at houses in the Norman area. I can't remember exactly right now because it's still so abstract to me.

WOOHOO!!!! I found some OK City babes!!!! :p
Hi me again from Tulsa, the company that I work for is a distributor for Eaton (I assume it is Eaton/Vickers, hydraulic parts right?) , small world...I am on their website daily and have to talk to our Eaton rep occasionally. Good luck with your move. I may have to come to OKC to see you all!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

This will be good info for my sister. She is also moving to Norman - next month - and will be on the hunt for a new Stampin' Up demonstrator. Looks like she will have some good choices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #16  
Queen Shouldareadahead

OK, ladies....went to OKC this past weekend to house hunt. DH's hobby is vehicle restoration, so we have "special" garage needs...long story short, we didn't find what we needed this weekend, so he is continuing the search since he has reported to work there.

Anyway, it looks like Edmond is going to be the area where we're going to live. Norman didn't have anything in our price range that met our needs (man, that area is expensive, huh?? Realtor said it was because of OU!), but we haven't ruled out OKC proper.

It is BEAUTIFUL there!! We were amazed that when it rained it was COLD rain, though! We have hot rain here in the summer time. Anyway, I think we're going to be quite happy there!! I really hope I get to meet you guys!! I understand the Norman residents are considered "Southsiders" and Edmond/NW residents are considered "Northsiders." My question is: do they socialize?? ;)

I'm really psyched about the move...

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss missy
Hi me again from Tulsa, the company that I work for is a distributor for Eaton (I assume it is Eaton/Vickers, hydraulic parts right?) , small world...I am on their website daily and have to talk to our Eaton rep occasionally. Good luck with your move. I may have to come to OKC to see you all!!
OMG!! I guess I hadn't checked back when you posted...

With dh's new job, he will be in the Truck division, but the hydraulis/fluids is what brought us to Jackson, MS area. Vickers is here!! That's so funny!! Just out of curiousity, who is your Eaton rep? There's always a slight chance I've met him/her. Anyway, it's the same company, but he's working for a different division in OKC.....yes, small world indeed....and do come see me!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Woo hoo! You will love Edmond! It's such a nice area and it's really growing. As for Normanites and Edmondites socializing, they probably do, but I live in North OKC (almost in South Edmond) and I've been to Norman about 3 times since I moved here 7 years ago. It's just so far away!!!! was that whiney enough?
In my job as fundraiser, I have noticed that North OKC-ites and South OKC-ites don't run in the same circles...with some exceptions.

Good luck on finding that perfect house with the perfect garage!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2005, 07:09 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusgottastamp
OK, ladies....went to OKC this past weekend to house hunt. DH's hobby is vehicle restoration, so we have "special" garage needs...long story short, we didn't find what we needed this weekend, so he is continuing the search since he has reported to work there.

Anyway, it looks like Edmond is going to be the area where we're going to live. Norman didn't have anything in our price range that met our needs (man, that area is expensive, huh?? Realtor said it was because of OU!), but we haven't ruled out OKC proper.

It is BEAUTIFUL there!! We were amazed that when it rained it was COLD rain, though! We have hot rain here in the summer time. Anyway, I think we're going to be quite happy there!! I really hope I get to meet you guys!! I understand the Norman residents are considered "Southsiders" and Edmond/NW residents are considered "Northsiders." My question is: do they socialize?? ;)

I'm really psyched about the move...

OMG!! I guess I hadn't checked back when you posted...

With dh's new job, he will be in the Truck division, but the hydraulis/fluids is what brought us to Jackson, MS area. Vickers is here!! That's so funny!! Just out of curiousity, who is your Eaton rep? There's always a slight chance I've met him/her. Anyway, it's the same company, but he's working for a different division in OKC.....yes, small world indeed....and do come see me!!!!

Well our Eaton rep varies by our branch location but the 2 that I work with most often are Kevin Dupont and Jim Barnard, I have to talk with Jamie Muscha some also b/c I enter rebates for one region of our company and she works with our approvals. I use to talk to a guy from Eaton all the time but for the life of me I can not think of his name right now, it was about 4 years ago though, maybe it will come to me. My parents were going to move to OKC a few years ago and they had special garage needs also (my dad has a shelby cobra that he has built) they found that they were going to have to move to Edmond also to get what they were wanting. Edmond is a great town. It is a little ways from Norman though but I don't know of any reason why they would not socialize. Edmond has a nice little college in town also, though it is no where near the size of OU. Good luck finding a house and enjoy your time in OK.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #19  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Well, miss missy, I don't recognize those names. I thought that it was unlikely, but you never know!

OK...my dh & I have purchased a home in Edmond! We will be all moved in 2 weeks from now. I will pm you ladies when we get settled so that maybe we can meet and stamp! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #20  
Lizzie

Congratulations on moving to Oklahoma. You will like Edmond. I am on the "North side" of OKC, my best friend lives in Norman, and my Office-Mate/friend lives "south". We are all stampin' buddies, so the 2 sides do mix! Our Stampin" demo gal's address is Norman, but she really lives closer to Moore. Her husband races cars, don't ask what kind, don't know, have only met him once or twice. He hides when we get together.

I don't check this site very much so if I don't answer back, it just means I am out of touch!

Liz Howard
Oklahoma City....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

Hey, I am from Lawton. I am about 1 1/2 hours from OKC. I was raised in Tulsa and then married military. We are just now moving back to the state of OK, but there are a lot of things to do and see. Good luck in your move!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats on your move! You will love it there!

I am from Arkansas too (Rogers/Bentonville), Moved to Midwest City when I was in the 3rd grade and lived there until I married a military man! I have been to Jackson MS and lived in Columbus MS so I think things will be a bit different for you! But it should be an improvement hehehe.... my husband is from MS so I like to give him a hard time!

I hope you find the perfect home!
And take time to enjoy all OK has to offer!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes