Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrahx2View Post
Tracy, honey, I know you liked that man. I have now dubbed you (in addition to the T & A) as Racy Tracy for your marvelous banana..........ummm, I mean card. Is that your husband? He's such a sweetie that you don't need that cute homeless man!

Cindy, I would ask the cows. I am very friendly. I talk to anyone, just ask T & A! Actually the homeless man was cute and they were just jealous. And Cherie, I think you had a total visual.......combing Tracy's monkey card and that man. Not nice Cherie! Behave, your husband will be home soon!
OMG Jane! We don't need everyone calling us T&A! LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #42  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Tracy, honey, I know you liked that man. I have now dubbed you (in addition to the T & A) as Racy Tracy for your marvelous banana..........ummm, I mean card. Is that your husband? He's such a sweetie that you don't need that cute homeless man!

Cindy, I would ask the cows. I am very friendly. I talk to anyone, just ask T & A! Actually the homeless man was cute and they were just jealous. And Cherie, I think you had a total visual.......combing Tracy's monkey card and that man. Not nice Cherie! Behave, your husband will be home soon!
What the heck are you going on about?...I think I forgot to take some drugs...I'm confussed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Those of you heading to convention next week have a great time!! Safe travels too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Let me know if you'd like to go on the waiting list. There are usually cancellations closer to the date.
Thanks Cindy - I'll just keep an eye out for the next one!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't forget to check out the food list and let me know what you'll be bringing.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #47  
Inking Addict

Default August 29th Swap

Please add me to waiting list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Default confused

Hi Cindy, I'm a little confused with this one. I read all the post and didn't see where anyone asked to sign up. The first post was put on the waiting list. Was this a private invite before it went on splitcoast? Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 05:56 AM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

I'm surprised, too, because I just FB you not too long ago asking if another was in the making.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Good early afternoon ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, this swap was handled a little differently than my previous ones after discussion with some SCSers. With vacations and convention coming up and a few other reasons, I took pre-sign ups for this one. I didn't get approval from the church until mid-July for the date and figured it was easier to handle this swap this way. I don't feel that I need to explain my decisions, but since it's been brought up, I will. I didn't want the drama and contention from the last few swaps again. Some people don't follow "rules" as they are announced - i.e. leaving before everyone has completed your swap, hoarding swaps at the end, not using SU products. Also, there was complaining heard by myself and other swappers from a table of gals complaining about certain cards they were making saying they didn't like them. Ya know, if you don't like a card, don't make it. Don't make unnecessary rude comments about someone's card. You don't know if they could be sitting at the table next to you. Most of you know that my mom plays an integral part in putting this swap together. She's one of the people who got screwed out of making a card at the last swap, because the person left without checking to see if everyone was finished with her box. When Momma ain't happy, I'm not happy. Have consideration with others and also their supplies. Some people's supplies at the last two swaps were really messed up.

I do these swaps for fun, and I usually hear good comments about them. These past two swaps I've heard some negative things from swappers concerning the way their stamps and ink pads are returned and the people not liking certain cards. I don't want to stop having these swaps, because I enjoy getting together and making wonderful cards and eating some yummy dishes that I wouldn't normally have, but I'm getting tired of the crap.

I'm moving on right now from this discussion. I will not discuss this anymore. If you don't like my decisions, I'm sorry. I'm trying to handle this in the right fashion, and I feel like I have. I know I can't make everyone happy in life, but life still goes on.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

Cindy, does this mean if we weren't invited this time, we won't be invited in the future? Personally, I'm just hurt because I know that I follow your rules and none of the issues you mentioned applied to me. Heck..I stay and help clean up, vacuum and move tables. I do know I'm guilty of using a couple of non-SU materials like pop-dots, but sometimes it's hard to have enough supplies for 30 people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Cindy, I guess since I didn't get a personal invite this time I won't be asked to come back either. I don't think I have ever done anything wrong. I have been coming to your shoebox swaps from the beginning. I used to bring my daughter til there was a decision not to bring children anymore. That totally hurt my feelings ( when the kids not happy the momma not happy) but I came back for more. I'm glad I don't run my business like this. To pick and choose what people I want to deal with. Because I wouldn't have a successful one. That's enough from me since I don't want to get nasty since were all good christian people. Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #54  
Gallery Gazer

Cindy,

Thanks for putting this information out there. I for one really appreciate our hostesses, since I know all the work that goes into hosting a swap. I did learn rather quickly that as a hostess you are not always treated with respect, as if you are required to do these events.

Thanks again for all your hard work. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do besides bringing baked goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #55  
Gabfest Goddess

Cindy,

You are a great Hostess and I hope you continue to host stamping events in the future. Just remember you can't please everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

I never said she wasn't a great hostess. I just don't understand why I was cut off the list when I was one of the original people to come. I even remember a time when there weren't enough people and I brought 4 shoe boxes 2 for myself and 2 for my daughter before she wasn't allowed to come anymore. I thought I always followed the rules. If there was a problem at a swap. It should have been mentioned at the time of the problem. Just say I have a few announcements that I need to make and say them in front of the group that it pertain too. Then the problem should be solved with the correct group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

Pam if you have a problem maybe you should PM Cindy. If you haven't done anything wrong there isn't a problem, maybe there are just more bodies than seats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have not attended one of Cindy's swaps but was hoping to do so this time, however, at least I'm on the waiting list! I know being a hostess is a LOT of hard work- there are never enough spots for everyone who wants to attend and you can't ever make everyone happy. In regards to WHY Cindy handled it the way she did- I certainly can understand. Some stampers do not respect other people's property. They figure that if it isn't their's who cares? I have had many items ruined at different swaps, items go missing never to be found, because people don't care. For this reason, I do not take my beloved Copic Markers to a swap for fear that they'll be ruined.

Some stampers are snobs...there are many abilities and levels of stampers. Just because a card is simple or the colors aren't to your liking, doesn't mean that the stamper isn't due respect. There is no place for rude comments. Out of 30 different cards, you can expect there be a few that you're not going to like. If you don't like the product don't make it-or better yet, don't go.

In regards to children being allowed- I have to agree that a swap is no place for children. If your child wants to stamp, find them a child's swap or start one yourself.

Cindy, I have no problem with how you are handling this swap. This is NOT a business- this is a private get-together, and she is allowed to handle it anyway that she would like. From everything I've heard from my friends who have attended Cindy's swap, she is a class act.

::stepping off my shoebox now::
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #59  
Inking Addict

Cindy,
I don't know what to say, but thank you for letting us know how you feel. Pam and Donna had introduced us to your swaps that includes myself, Lynn H, Mary H, and Kelly. Our first time we did not know what to expect we went with what was suggested from Pam and Donna. Once arriving we rec'd very little direction on what to do, but went with the flow. We enjoyed making the cards and getting wonderful ideas. The 4 of us only attended 2 of your swaps and now feel that this mud slinging is about our group. This is fine that you choose not to include the 4 of us anymore, but would like for you to know that please do not penalize Donna and Pam for introducing us to your swaps. ( their intentions were fellowship and bringing in new people) Pam and Donna's intentions were good and honorable and have been with you since the very beginning and please do not shut them out. We followed rules to the best of our knowledge. We did not hold boxes, we treated everyones supplies with respect and I know we stayed to the end. Amen !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #60  
Forum Fanatic

Received 163 Likes on 140 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pampartoView Post
I never said she wasn't a great hostess. I just don't understand why I was cut off the list when I was one of the original people to come. I even remember a time when there weren't enough people and I brought 4 shoe boxes 2 for myself and 2 for my daughter before she wasn't allowed to come anymore. I thought I always followed the rules. If there was a problem at a swap. It should have been mentioned at the time of the problem. Just say I have a few announcements that I need to make and say them in front of the group that it pertain too. Then the problem should be solved with the correct group.
Unfortunately this usually doesn't work. The group or individual that is causing the problem never sees themselves, they think it doesn't pertain to them. I have seen this over and over in different situations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I wasn't done as I said I was above. No, this does not mean if you weren't included in this swap that you can't come to others. This swap was handled differently as stated above. There is only room for 31 people - I can't make it larger, because we'd be there a long time. I'm sorry some of you feel left out. I knew that would happen. This was a fast paced swap, and I handled it the way I saw fit and how others said to give it a try. I appreciate the help that everyone has provided in the past, I appreciate stepping up to the plate to help out with empty spots, I appreciate everything - even the criticism, because sometimes the criticism can make things better. I could call people out on the carpet and embarrass them in front of their peers at these swaps, but I'd rather not do that. People just need to listen when I make announcements about certain things and follow through.

The next swap (if I have one) will be handled as they have always been. Sign up on the thread, etc. Then everyone can decide if they want to attend or not. These swaps used to be fun to get ready for, now I'm feeling just drained from all of this.

From here on out, I'd appreciate posts on this thread being related to this swap - whether it is to sign up for food, talk about your card, etc. If there is much more stuff posted, I will cancel the swap, and then everyone loses. As I said before, I cannot make everyone happy with the decisions I make whether for a swap or in life.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now onto happier things, what sort of yummies are you going to bring? If you haven't signed up for food yet, check out what is needed in an earlier post on page 1.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #63  
Inking Addict

May I just make a suggestion for future swaps. Since the Church is large maybe two hostess in two separate rooms with each host having 20-25 people and this would resolve the waiting list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Still looking through the cookbooks for some bake good ideas, since I know Brownies are taken care off, must find something else yummy to make. Really should go back to Amish country and just buy lots to bring.lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #65  
Gabfest Goddess

I found a recipe for whoopie pie's online...... Maybe I'll send it to Tracy as a little hint. giggle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
I found a recipe for whoopie pie's online...... Maybe I'll send it to Tracy as a little hint. giggle

I have plenty of Amish cookbooks she can borrow. I say every Christmas baking season that I'm gonna try whoopie pies and I never do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Still looking through the cookbooks for some bake good ideas, since I know Brownies are taken care off, must find something else yummy to make. Really should go back to Amish country and just buy lots to bring.lol

How were the sticky buns covered in icing?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Really good after being heated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #69  
Gallery Gazer

The ones with the nuts were really GOOD! and DH loved the apple dumplings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary McWilliamsView Post
May I just make a suggestion for future swaps. Since the Church is large maybe two hostess in two separate rooms with each host having 20-25 people and this would resolve the waiting list.
I've had all sorts of suggestions regarding this. But I like keeping it at the 31 people. If we raised it to 40-50 people, that's more work for me especially with set up and getting everything else together. There are also other people in the area that have swaps on my off months for that reason as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #71  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
How were the sticky buns covered in icing?
They were to die for!!! I can't wait to get back up there to buy more! And the chocolate chip cookies were huge and oh so delicious! It's a good thing I don't live closer, I'd weigh 500 lbs. in no time! Do you remember the road we were on where we bought the stuff from the family at the end of their driveway? I definitely want to patronize them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #72  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
They were to die for!!! I can't wait to get back up there to buy more! And the chocolate chip cookies were huge and oh so delicious! It's a good thing I don't live closer, I'd weigh 500 lbs. in no time! Do you remember the road we were on where we bought the stuff from the family at the end of their driveway? I definitely want to patronize them again.
Me to! At this point 500lbs here I come they were really GOOD! Mmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Cindy, You are right, this has got to stop, alot of people are really getting their feelings hurt and stamping is supposed to be fun, not hurtful. You certainly can't please everyone and you are definitely running the show so it turns out to be a Cindy Linthicum swap, not splitcoast. I'm sure all the girls are being excluded because of association to me. I know I peeed you off last swap about treating the new stampers so unfairly. You took them off the sign up list and they were sliptcoast members and put other people in their place that wasn't even signed up. They didn't say a word and were thankful they were on the waiting list and got in. They are brand new, they make mistakes and I thought as stampers we should show them or help them and teach them, not exclude them. It was very upsetting for me to read Mary's post and she thinks its all her fault and has called everyone she knows that was excluded to aplogize. Thats terrible. I thought our problem was over and
we went on as adults and had a wonderful time at the last swap. The next day you raved about how good the swap was and now come back 6 months later with all these problems.
Please just exclude me and include all the others and there certainly is no hard feelings. I have always loved the swaps and wait patiently for them to come and made so many freinds and you do a wonderful job and appreciate your hard work. I'm guilty of eating to many cookies but all the other things you mentioned certainly don't apply to me Pam or Lynn. I'm sorry they are hurt, they can come without me. I'm entitled to my opionion too and this just needed to be said. Have fun and please take me off you list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

For the record, I did not take anyone off the list on the last swap if they had SCS id's. They needed to sign themselves up and let me know they were part of SCS which no one did until the bomb fell. I'm sorry you feel this way. It is not a Cindy Linthicum swap - it is a SCS swap - I've had several people on here contact me regarding how things are handled. Some things good, some things bad. I even took a survey of all of those attending a while back to get a feel of what the group felt. I could have easily made all of those decisions myself, but I left it up to the group for a vote. No one has any idea how I feel right now or what it takes to make a swap successful. I'm sorry people are hurt. No matter what I do or say, it will not make anything better. It's up to you all if you attend swaps in the future. Maybe it's time for new blood to take over and find a location to have a swap and put one together. I'm the bad guy here no matter what.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default W~O~W

:( I have been reading this thread with some sense of sadness. I love the swaps, no matter where I have gone or who was the hostess or what cards were made, I have made friends, laughed, had my feelings hurt when someone made negative comments about my card, and got over it. I have learned a great deal and hopefully am getting better, maybe and maybe not. The one thing I have not done is to be a hostess for a swap. Maybe we all need more swap time so if anyone else has the ability to hostess and organize, let me know and I will attend. I don't have the skill set necessary to obtain the gifts and prizes, make the nice packages, find the space, set it up, make all the plans, pay out the money, wait for folks to pay, have folks cancel at the last minute, have folks not show up, make extra cards in case folks don't show up, have people complaining about anything and/or everything, keeping track of the food, dragging everything to the location, setting up, handling emergencies as they arise, all the while trying to make some cards. Then cleaning up, including the food area as well as the stamping area, putting away tables, putting away chairs and making sure everyone has all their supplies, meanwhile tracking down unclaimed supplies that got mixed up. Having said that, I commend Cindy and Cathleen7 (Reisterstown Swap) for doing all that and more. I wish I had the ability to do it. So rather than people being hurt, hurting others or putting hurtful words out there for everyone to read, step up and plan a swap. I would love to come and meet some more nice people. I think everyone would enjoy more swaps. Not a sermon, just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #76  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

:( I have been reading this thread with some sense of sadness. I love the swaps, no matter where I have gone or who was the hostess or what cards were made, I have made friends, laughed, had my feelings hurt when someone made negative comments about my card, and got over it. I have learned a great deal and hopefully am getting better, maybe and maybe not. The one thing I have not done is to be a hostess for a swap. Maybe we all need more swap time so if anyone else has the ability to hostess and organize, let me know and I will attend. I don't have the skill set necessary to obtain the gifts and prizes, make the nice packages, find the space, set it up, make all the plans, pay out the money, wait for folks to pay, have folks cancel at the last minute, have folks not show up, make extra cards in case folks don't show up, have people complaining about anything and/or everything, keeping track of the food, dragging everything to the location, setting up, handling emergencies as they arise, all the while trying to make some cards. Then cleaning up, including the food area as well as the stamping area, putting away tables, putting away chairs and making sure everyone has all their supplies, meanwhile tracking down unclaimed supplies that got mixed up. Having said that, I commend Cindy and Cathleen7 (Reisterstown Swap) for doing all that and more. I wish I had the ability to do it. So rather than people being hurt, hurting others or putting hurtful words out there for everyone to read, step up and plan a swap. I would love to come and meet some more nice people. I think everyone would enjoy more swaps. Not a sermon, just a thought.
Very well said Jane, I totally agree. With so many people wanting to attend the few swaps we have each year it would be great if others would plan and hold swaps during those times when Cindy or Cathy are not having them. Tracy and Amanda have held several now in the Ft. Meade area and at first they weren't able to fill all the slots but the last two were well attended. I would love to attend more swaps and am willing to drive a distance to attend one. Several of us from Ft. Meade drove 2 hrs. to PA last year to attend one. I have not hosted a swap myself but I know how much work goes into planning one and it is very time consuming. So for those who want to jump all over Cindy for the way she has handled putting this latest swap together I encourage you to plan one of your own. Please don't criticize someone until you have walked in their shoes. And just for the record, I have missed out on several of Cindy's swaps in the past year or so because I didn't know when they were being posted but I just waited patiently for the next one and hoped that I would be able to get in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #77  
Rubber Obsessor

Jane and Kathi, I totally agree with you that it is alot of hard work that goes into a swap and myself and my friends have always helped as much as we could. Its easy for you to sit back and crititcize, you were personally invited to sign up for the Cindy swap and 10 of us were left out that has attended for many years. Our feelings are really hurt, if it was a pick your best friend swap and invite them personally, why didn't it just stay private instead of posting it on splitcoast. Its like throwing it in someones face. It hurts. The splitcoast forum is to post for get togethers inviting the splitcoast community, not privately pick and choose.
I can be the bad guy here, I just hate having my best friends hurt. We all thought Cindy was our freind. So sit back and have fun because you can, you were privately invited too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #78  
Stampin' Fool

This is all I have to say: (at least for the moment). We all enjoy the swaps and I realize the enormous amount of work involved. I always try to pitch in and do my part, just like others. I think the only reason why we're feeling slighted is because this was never posted publically, so why even post it at all. We KNOW what a great time we'll be missing. The last swap where the lights went out was fantastic. Everyone just kept stamping and we all managed to have a fantastic time. Most of use stampers still talk about that swap. Those of you that were lucky enough to be invited can say what you want, but if you were omitted, for whatever the reason, you'd be hurt, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #79  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning everyone! Hope all of you have a great day!
Happy Birthday Tracy!

Cindy I'm sending you a PM....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #80  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Ft. Meade swappers

Hello to everyone. I will be at the 8/29 swap and am looking forward to it very much. I love swaps, and am not far from Ft. Meade (Pasadena), so I would be interested in future swaps in your area if you would be interested in more people in the future. I have been coming to Cindy and Cathy's swaps for about 2 years now, and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of them. I thank both of them for all the work that goes into them. Looking forward to seeing everyone 8/29, and will miss those that won't be there this time around. Cheers, Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes