Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   *New thread started**Sevierville, TN (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/%2Anew-thread-started%2A%2Asevierville-tn-370813/)

LynetteA 09-03-2008 08:02 AM

THANKS SHERRI!!!!

slhawes 09-03-2008 04:50 PM

Update

Ok ladies, I made some calls today got some information and I am working on trying to finalize a good weekend. My main concerns are the following, the best hotel rates, best room rate and if they will throw in any perks for us. Also, it would help if I knew how many for sure would be staying with the group or finding rooms on your own. This plays a big factor in trying to negogiate the price of the room and meeting room. Many of the places need us to guarantee a certain number of rooms to get the meeting room cheap or free! So if you would not mind please PM me if you will be staying with the group and how many will be staying with you. Also, if you are just coming to stamp/scrapbook and have fun with us please let me know that also, that way I know how big of a room we will need. Thank you for all your help ladies.

Sherri

onelightningchic 09-04-2008 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slhawes (Post 11176808)
Ok ladies, I made some calls today got some information and I am working on trying to finalize a good weekend. My main concerns are the following, the best hotel rates, best room rate and if they will throw in any perks for us. Also, it would help if I knew how many for sure would be staying with the group or finding rooms on your own. This plays a big factor in trying to negogiate the price of the room and meeting room. Many of the places need us to guarantee a certain number of rooms to get the meeting room cheap or free! So if you would not mind please PM me if you will be staying with the group and how many will be staying with you. Also, if you are just coming to stamp/scrapbook and have fun with us please let me know that also, that way I know how big of a room we will need. Thank you for all your help ladies.

Sherri

Thanks for all of your work Sherri. Lynette, Sara and I will be staying on site and sharing a room.

slhawes 09-04-2008 04:38 AM

Thanks

Ellen, Lynette and Sara I have you all down. Safe trip to Ellen and Sara and Lynette keep us all posted on how Sara is doing.
Have a safe trip.

Sherri

jknorp 09-04-2008 04:43 AM

Sherri, Mom, Trish and I will be staying on site (LOL) did you have us down for a room!
Janet

Softangelkisses 09-04-2008 04:01 PM

I am undecided on where we will stay. If DH wants to come down and make a mini vacation of it, we will stay where we always stay, if I bring my mom with me, we will prolly take a room!

slhawes 09-04-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softangelkisses (Post 11191107)
I am undecided on where we will stay. If DH wants to come down and make a mini vacation of it, we will stay where we always stay, if I bring my mom with me, we will prolly take a room!

For right now I will put you down for Saturday, scrapbook/card/ gathering. If you need to change it to make it a room that will be fine just let me know. Thank you for your response.

Sherri

vegaswife 09-04-2008 05:04 PM

Hey girlies!
I am thinking that I will just drive up there for the gathering/stamping/card making/partying...whatever! Let me know if I can help you on this end in any way!
Denise

slhawes 09-04-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswife (Post 11192241)
Hey girlies!
I am thinking that I will just drive up there for the gathering/stamping/card making/partying...whatever! Let me know if I can help you on this end in any way!
Denise

Denise,
I have you down for Saturday only. Thanks for letting me know. If I run into a wall with arrangements I will contact you.

Sherri

nikki1578 09-04-2008 05:27 PM

Hey Sherri I will probably be staying someone else and coming on the day we get together and stamp. Thanks for all of your hard work. :)

slhawes 09-04-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki1578 (Post 11192776)
Hey Sherri I will probably be staying someone else and coming on the day we get together and stamp. Thanks for all of your hard work. :)

Thank you for letting me know, I have you down for Saturday only.

Sherri

stampinbuddy2002 09-05-2008 05:45 AM

Regardless of who comes with me, my friend or my DH, I will need a room.

slhawes 09-05-2008 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinbuddy2002 (Post 11197929)
Regardless of who comes with me, my friend or my DH, I will need a room.

Thanks for letting me know I have you down and will let you know the details once I have them worked out.

Sherri in TN

ladybugmomma 09-05-2008 09:03 AM

If our plans stay in March I will be able to join. Should it go to Feb I can't. I am the host of "Uncle" Russell's Jam Session that will be benefiting the Alzheimer's Association on Feb 28. My grandfather is "Uncle" Russell. He passed away earlier this year from complications of phneumonia contributed from Alzheimer's. He had been diagnosed for over 8 years. During this time the Alz Association was a God Send to us. Anyway, his birthday was on the 28th and we are celabrating his life and love of music that day.

mcbetty 09-05-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slhawes (Post 11176808)

Sherri

I'm not sure what happened to the other hotel, but referring you back to
this message on this thread This motel has a large conference room with round tables, and you are allowed to bring in food from outside. We've had box lunches served there, so that gals don't need to leave in the middle of the day. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel if you don't want the continental breakfast there. Across hiway from Dixie Stampede for those who know where it is.

I'll be there the last weekend of March, so that conf. room isn't available then. But worth a try. There is a fee for the conf. room though; lower than other hotels around there.

teresa2315 09-05-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynetteA (Post 11169402)
Russell Lee is in a $2500 photo contest this month and needs your vote!

Dear friends and family,

I just entered Russell Lee in the Great American Photo Contest. The baby photo with the most votes this month wins $2,500 (that could be a nice amount to put away now for college!!). Please do me a big favor and CLICK ON THIS LINK TO VOTE. We really appreciate it. Thank you.

Lynette Allen

P.S. - Please forward this email and help me get more votes!

Voted for Russel Lee

teresa2315 09-05-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswife (Post 11192241)
Hey girlies!
Denise

Where will you be driving from? I am in Maryville.

teresa2315 09-05-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbetty (Post 11200800)
I'm not sure what happened to the other hotel, but referring you back to
this message on this thread This motel has a large conference room with round tables, and you are allowed to bring in food from outside. We've had box lunches served there, so that gals don't need to leave in the middle of the day. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel if you don't want the continental breakfast there. Across hiway from Dixie Stampede for those who know where it is.

I'll be there the last weekend of March, so that conf. room isn't available then. But worth a try. There is a fee for the conf. room though; lower than other hotels around there.

This looks like a nice hotel...Is the retreat date still March 6-8?

vegaswife 09-05-2008 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa2315 (Post 11200858)
Where will you be driving from? I am in Maryville.

Hidee neighbor! I live in the Eagleton Village area. Do you know where that is? Maybe we can carpool!

teresa2315 09-06-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswife (Post 11207275)
Hidee neighbor! I live in the Eagleton Village area. Do you know where that is? Maybe we can carpool!

pm'd you....:)

nikki1578 09-06-2008 08:43 AM

good afternoon ladies, hope everyone is enjoying there sat. anyone have any plans for today. I am going to work on some swaps i need to get finished other than that nothing really. well everyone have a great sat. chat with you ladies later on. :)

mcbetty 09-06-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teresa2315 (Post 11200906)
This looks like a nice hotel...Is the retreat date still March 6-8?

I don't know. Sherri is making the arrangements.

slhawes 09-06-2008 02:16 PM

Good evening ladies, have some ideas and some plans but want to wait until Ellen is back either Monday or Tuesday. I want to go over everything with her and make the final plans with her approval. This is a team effort and I want to wait until the captain of the team returns. Just hold on ladies and we will have it all worked out shortly.

Don't forget to let me know if you are planning to stay at the hotel with us. Most of the hotels need us to book 10 plus rooms to get the meeting room, (at a discounted rate) so that plays a big part in where we stay and what we do.
Have a good evening will try to check in tomorrow some time.

Sherri

vegaswife 09-07-2008 07:23 AM

Ok...so I have never been to one of these gatherings, so i have had all these ideas swirling around in my head. Maybe everyone bring a snack to share, everyone that wants to bring a gift to swap(stamped stuff or other stuff if you are feeling froggy:)). Recipes...doorprizes......hmmmmmmmm!

Sorry for the rambliing but wanted to bump it up and "talk" out loud!!!:p

Happy Sunday!
Denise

nikki1578 09-07-2008 08:53 AM

good afternoon ladies. hope everyone is having a great sunday. :)

Softangelkisses 09-07-2008 11:21 AM

Have we got a date?

nikki1578 09-07-2008 03:16 PM

ok ladies have a great week. talk with you ladies on thursday. :)

vegaswife 09-08-2008 03:43 AM

Happy Monday!!!NOT but doin the bump!!!

LynetteA 09-08-2008 06:30 AM

HI girls!! Been out of the loop for awhile...I see things are moving along quite nicely!!Thanks Sherri for taking over the hotel reservations!!!! you go girl!!!

slhawes 09-08-2008 07:36 AM

Lynette,

Have you heard from Ellen, How is Sara doing? I have some calls to make so if you talk to Ellen let her know to call me on my cell so we can get things wrapped up.

Thanks for keeping all of us in the loop.

Sherri

LynetteA 09-08-2008 08:15 AM

Sara is doing fine. The surgery went well and she was supposed to go home yesterday. I have not heard from Ellen this morning but will let you know when I do....

onelightningchic 09-08-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynetteA (Post 11233425)
Sara is doing fine. The surgery went well and she was supposed to go home yesterday. I have not heard from Ellen this morning but will let you know when I do....

Hey, I am back!!! Whoohoo!. Doc Reports that surgery was a genuine success. Sara reports that she has not felt this well in years, except for the incision discomfort. She could get clogs, but apparently these are not too troublesome as there is a magnet inside her head that can be adjusted by another from the outside. She is looking forward to coming to the TN event in March or whenever we decided. I will get caught up tomorrow or next day as I can. Thanks everyone.

vegaswife 09-08-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchic (Post 11237170)
Hey, I am back!!! Whoohoo!. Doc Reports that surgery was a genuine success. Sara reports that she has not felt this well in years, except for the incision discomfort. She could get clogs, but apparently these are not too troublesome as there is a magnet inside her head that can be adjusted by another from the outside. She is looking forward to coming to the TN event in March or whenever we decided. I will get caught up tomorrow or next day as I can. Thanks everyone.

\

I am so glad everything went well. Is there another thread talking about what surgery and why? Not meaning to be nosy....I am just not in the loop I guess. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Cyber Hugs to you and Sara!

onelightningchic 09-09-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswife (Post 11237827)
\

I am so glad everything went well. Is there another thread talking about what surgery and why? Not meaning to be nosy....I am just not in the loop I guess. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Cyber Hugs to you and Sara!

I will PM you the link.

Softangelkisses 09-09-2008 06:04 PM

BUMP off of page 2!

jknorp 09-10-2008 04:16 AM

The date did change to Valentine's Day weekend or President's Weekend whatever you would like to call it.
Sherri is out for a while due to her daughter having a baby Luke Thomas. She will try to get on as much as possible but her MIL doesn't have internet (can you imagine)? So that is why she tried to do all the ground work before she went.
I will ask Sherri and Ellen to get the dates switched on the main page to avoid further confusion.
Thanks
Janet

LynetteA 09-10-2008 04:21 AM

Valentine's Day weekend???? Don't think that will work for me....Well, maybe....DF is not very romantic and would probably thank me for going so he doesn't have to take me out....LOL

vegaswife 09-10-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jknorp (Post 11258367)
The date did change to Valentine's Day weekend or President's Weekend whatever you would like to call it.
Sherri is out for a while due to her daughter having a baby Luke Thomas. She will try to get on as much as possible but her MIL doesn't have internet (can you imagine)? So that is why she tried to do all the ground work before she went.
I will ask Sherri and Ellen to get the dates switched on the main page to avoid further confusion.
Thanks
Janet

Sounds good!

ladybugmomma 09-10-2008 07:37 AM

Since we have moved back in to Feb, I will have to bow out gracefully. If it changes to anyother month but Feb., PLEEEEESE PM me as I would love to join. My Feb is just too hectic already. Remove me from the 1st thread under 6x6 pages. Thanks!!

jknorp 09-10-2008 02:16 PM

I am so sorry.......I just talked to Sherri....apparently Valentine's weekend isn't going to work either for some reason. So please keep checking this thread to keep updated on the dates. I am not sure actually when we will be going. The problem with the original dates is that 20,000 teens will be there for a youth event and eating out will be a problem. Valentine's weekend is very expensive because of the romantic area. Earlier is a problem for some because of the snow travel and later in March is a problem for others.................anyone have any suggestions?
Janet