Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Retirement List

The retirement list is finally available!! No real surprises except perhaps Embrace Life - nothing that I need to rush out and buy. They have even put certain items on sale. Go SU!!! What I am really thrilled about is that they have provided all the lists from day 1 - we usually have to wait for the accessories until about 2 weeks before the new catty. Lots of ribbon, DP and cardstock for the non-retiring colors are on the way out. They must really be doing a major revamp!! Can't wait to see that new catty (30 more days to go!!) - new stamp sets, new DP, new ribbon, new cardstock - I am drooling already!!LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillstampinView Post
The retirement list is finally available!! No real surprises except perhaps Embrace Life - nothing that I need to rush out and buy. They have even put certain items on sale. Go SU!!! What I am really thrilled about is that they have provided all the lists from day 1 - we usually have to wait for the accessories until about 2 weeks before the new catty. Lots of ribbon, DP and cardstock for the non-retiring colors are on the way out. They must really be doing a major revamp!! Can't wait to see that new catty (30 more days to go!!) - new stamp sets, new DP, new ribbon, new cardstock - I am drooling already!!LOL
Me, too! Don't forget you will start to see some cards going up into the galleries as early as this week. We were allowed to order some preview sets - and I was really happy with them this year! So, some of us will have some examples up for you to have a sneak peek at soon!
I was surprised about Close as a Memory going... I love that set and use the flowers on may projects:-)
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I finally need to break down and buy Viola and his accessory set. I used to use my mom's all the time before I moved out of state, and have been meaning to get it. He makes the best coasters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Did anyone notice all the punches that are retiring?? Does anyone know if they will be available in the new catty in the new streamline form or is SU going to stop carrying punches??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not a demo, so I'm not certain about this....but I think most of the punches are being restructured, not retiring. I noticed that many of them had an * by them on the list. I assumed it's because they're being streamlined. How cool is that? I wish all of my punches were the thin type. They take up so much less room.

I noticed that a lot of the Halloween stamp sets are retiring. That hopefully means new fun Halloween stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 163 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Did anyone notice all the punches that are retiring?? Does anyone know if they will be available in the new catty in the new streamline form or is SU going to stop carrying punches??
?? Am I looking at the wrong page? I only saw 6 punches that are retiring.

Last Chance Punches
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeisaJaneView Post
I'm not a demo, so I'm not certain about this....but I think most of the punches are being restructured, not retiring. I noticed that many of them had an * by them on the list. I assumed it's because they're being streamlined. How cool is that? I wish all of my punches were the thin type. They take up so much less room.

I noticed that a lot of the Halloween stamp sets are retiring. That hopefully means new fun Halloween stamps.
Hi, you are correct. The punches in their current form are retiring and are being reconfigured. We assume to the new style.

Im looking forward to new Halloween sets, too! :-)
HTH
Jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Can someone tell me what's going on with the 5/8" chocolate grosgrain ribbon? I didn't see an asterisk, are they really getting rid of it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabatgirlView Post
Can someone tell me what's going on with the 5/8" chocolate grosgrain ribbon? I didn't see an asterisk, are they really getting rid of it?
From what I've heard (though I haven't seen the new catty yet) it really is retiring. They may be making room for the new Early Espresso which is going to be one of the core getting started colors since all the getting started colors will be available in the different accessories. Just a theory though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

My biggest surprise was that they are finally retiring "Itty Bitty Backgrounds". That set was one of the first I bought when I became a demo in 2003 just for the random "sprinkle" stamp; I still use it to this day! ( no longer a demo though )

Biggest confusion was over retiring card stock and 1/4" grosgrain ribbons in colors that are staying. Not sure what is going on there. I will be sad if they stop carrying 1/4" grosgrain at all....I see many cards with much wider ribbons; I guess that is the trend but I still like the 1/4". It's a nice accent without overwhelming the card IMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I will be sad if they stop carrying 1/4" grosgrain at all....I see many cards with much wider ribbons; I guess that is the trend but I still like the 1/4". It's a nice accent without overwhelming the card IMO.
I agree, I really like 1/4" ribbon for accents. I don't think it is going away, they just are adjusting which colors will be offered in the ribbon. They are focusing on some core "getting started" colors and so they may be just retiring out some of the continuing colors for now so they can focus production on some of these getting started colors.

Granted, I haven't seen the new catalog yet, but some samples from the latest Stampin' Success magazine have the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

please cna someone post a link- i cant find the current retired list???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by camcas2View Post
Hi there
this link has all the pdfs for the retiring items
hth
jaydee

http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/18215.asp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #14  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
I finally need to break down and buy Viola and his accessory set. I used to use my mom's all the time before I moved out of state, and have been meaning to get it. He makes the best coasters!
Okay, you can't just say that and not show us pictures!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWstamperView Post
From what I've heard (though I haven't seen the new catty yet) it really is retiring. They may be making room for the new Early Espresso which is going to be one of the core getting started colors since all the getting started colors will be available in the different accessories. Just a theory though.
That totally makes sense, thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't believe all the Chocolate Chip ribbon they are retiring!! GASP! I know they will have that new Early Espresso color coming out, but no more Chocolate Chip ribbons? Sob...

Quick question, will Pink Pirouette be coming back? I thought I remember seeing it on a list that it was!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfanView Post
I can't believe all the Chocolate Chip ribbon they are retiring!! GASP! I know they will have that new Early Espresso color coming out, but no more Chocolate Chip ribbons? Sob...

Quick question, will Pink Pirouette be coming back? I thought I remember seeing it on a list that it was!
Yes Pink Pirouette is returning as a core color!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think your theory is right on from what I've heard.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by camcas2View Post
See my website by linking below. All the retiring lists are on there.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1mom02View Post
Yes Pink Pirouette is returning as a core color!
Thank heavens! I love this pink!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I agree... I love this set and just bought it today. Thankfully it is one of the only sets that are retiring that was on my wish list. I was surprised at how small the retiring list was as far as stamps go... from what I was hearing and seeing I thought it was going to be practically the whole catalog. Thank goodness it isn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
My biggest surprise was that they are finally retiring "Itty Bitty Backgrounds". That set was one of the first I bought when I became a demo in 2003 just for the random "sprinkle" stamp; I still use it to this day! ( no longer a demo though )

Biggest confusion was over retiring card stock and 1/4" grosgrain ribbons in colors that are staying. Not sure what is going on there. I will be sad if they stop carrying 1/4" grosgrain at all....I see many cards with much wider ribbons; I guess that is the trend but I still like the 1/4". It's a nice accent without overwhelming the card IMO.
1/4" grosgrain is staying just in fewer colors. What seems to be tricky at this time of year is the "reconfiguring" and how those items being reconfigured are misinterpreted to show as "last chance" as it IS last chance but only in a limited way. It's not a trick, LOL, but some things are "last chance" if that spool of 15 yds of ribbon will become a spool of 20 yds (all hypothetical). So to deplete the 15 yds they have to move them along as a "last chance" item. Same with card stock. Let's say we now have x sheets and in July we'll have y sheets in a pack. They have to move the packages with x sheets off the shelves.

I, too, was surprised (a little) about Itty Bitty. It certainly was a workhorse for many of us!

Hope that helps.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #23  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Cardstock Reconfiguring

I believe the reason there is so much cardstock retiring is because of the significant price increase. With the new catty, regular 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock will be $6.95 for 24 sheets instead of the previous $5.50. The number of sheets in the neutrals is going down from 40 to 24 and is the $6.95 price as far as I've been told by my upline.

I first saw this when I made my new preorder EARLY Tuesday morning 6/1, and noticed the prices of the new cardstock then. I was very shocked! My upline says the reason is because SU has been absorbing the price increases for quite some time and can no longer do it. I think there should have been some discussion, though by SU to demos - if there has been, I missed it! I did just put in a large order, though, of extra packs of my favorite colors to offset the increase for some time. Not only does the pack of paper go up by 26%, the shipping cost goes up, too (a new pack will now cost $.695 in shipping vs. $.55, and the so does the tax!! We're going to have to start charging more for classes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystallfrenchView Post
I believe the reason there is so much cardstock retiring is because of the significant price increase. With the new catty, regular 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock will be $6.95 for 24 sheets instead of the previous $5.50. The number of sheets in the neutrals is going down from 40 to 24 and is the $6.95 price as far as I've been told by my upline.

I first saw this when I made my new preorder EARLY Tuesday morning 6/1, and noticed the prices of the new cardstock then. I was very shocked! My upline says the reason is because SU has been absorbing the price increases for quite some time and can no longer do it. I think there should have been some discussion, though by SU to demos - if there has been, I missed it! I did just put in a large order, though, of extra packs of my favorite colors to offset the increase for some time. Not only does the pack of paper go up by 26%, the shipping cost goes up, too (a new pack will now cost $.695 in shipping vs. $.55, and the so does the tax!! We're going to have to start charging more for classes!
Yikes! $5.50 to $6.95 seems like a big increase - it's actually 26%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also saw on another message board where the 12x12 single colors will be a combination of part smooth and part textured - won't be able to get a pack of all smooth anymore (don't remember if the number of sheets changed or anything about the price). While I like the idea of being able to get more than just a few sheets of a color in textured (hated having to buy an assortment pack and end up with colors I'd never use just to get textured in a particular color), it stinks if you don't use textured and need a high number of smooth 12x12. Now you won't have any choice but to deal with the textured even if you don't want it. It's great for those that use textured.

It would have been nice, though, if something was put on the SU website about the info. Hate having to get it second or third or fourth handed from various sources. Why not just have a notation on the website that particular items are will be available in the future but in a different configuration.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #26  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

Quote:

Granted, I haven't seen the new catalog yet, but some samples from the latest Stampin' Success magazine have the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.
From the listing of items on the new demo $99 deal, it appears that ribbon will be available in 1/8", at least in black taffeta.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
It would have been nice, though, if something was put on the SU website about the info. Hate having to get it second or third or fourth handed from various sources. Why not just have a notation on the website that particular items are will be available in the future but in a different configuration.
We do. I have a list on my blog that shows the "last chance" accessories and SU has put asterisks by the items being "reconfigured". They do want us (demonstrators) to be the ones to communicate the info based on the style of the business we're in (direct sales). Every demo has access to this info. I put it on my site, for my customers, a few minutes after it was released. Hope that helps

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamperView Post
From the listing of items on the new demo $99 deal, it appears that ribbon will be available in 1/8", at least in black taffeta.
The Starter Kit actually has 4 Sneak Peek items in it! FYI....

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star StamperView Post
We do. I have a list on my blog that shows the "last chance" accessories and SU has put asterisks by the items being "reconfigured". They do want us (demonstrators) to be the ones to communicate the info based on the style of the business we're in (direct sales). Every demo has access to this info. I put it on my site, for my customers, a few minutes after it was released. Hope that helps
That's fine for customers who actually communicate with demonstrators and I know I appreciate demos who do put very good information on their blogs (it helps those who prefer to not have to deal with the sometimes hassle of dealing with a person). But there are a lot of people who just shop online and go through whichever demo so they don't have to pay the higher just through SU price. I guess the "cost" of just ordering online is that you don't get all the information. It's just confusing when you order online to see items that aren't being retired per se and wondering why they are listed. Unless you've searched the web and frequent blogs where a demo has listed that information, you'd have no idea. Unfortunately, not all demos are good at communicating via their blogs or in person or emails. Thank goodness for those demos who are good at it or some SU customers wouldn't know what the heck was going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #30  
Kookie Creator

So does anyone know....are the SU inkpads going up in price also or did
they stay the same??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeisaJaneView Post
I apologize if this is a silly question, but I can't see any asterisks next to any of the "last chance" punches on the SU site. Where do you see the list with the asterisks?

For those who have or have seen the new IBC, is there a horizontal slot punch in it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #32  
Kookie Creator

I need your help.....I just pulled all my retired cardstock and have just relabeled
with all the new current colors in the new catalog. Now I am to the new
In Colors and cannot find the correct names anywhere. Can anyone help me,
please!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

This was the only things I got, and I used my hostess benefits on it so I didnt even really "buy" him. I have always loved that turkey in the accessories! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridiculously ObsessedView Post
I need your help.....I just pulled all my retired cardstock and have just relabeled
with all the new current colors in the new catalog. Now I am to the new
In Colors and cannot find the correct names anywhere. Can anyone help me,
please!!
Pear Pizzaz, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Poppy Parade and Blushing Bride.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #35  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridiculously ObsessedView Post
So does anyone know....are the SU inkpads going up in price also or did
they stay the same??
they stayed the same! yea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #36  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
I also saw on another message board where the 12x12 single colors will be a combination of part smooth and part textured - won't be able to get a pack of all smooth anymore (don't remember if the number of sheets changed or anything about the price). While I like the idea of being able to get more than just a few sheets of a color in textured (hated having to buy an assortment pack and end up with colors I'd never use just to get textured in a particular color), it stinks if you don't use textured and need a high number of smooth 12x12. Now you won't have any choice but to deal with the textured even if you don't want it. It's great for those that use textured.

I tend to agree with the majority of what you've posted but I wanted to point out something that I'd heard from someone else: the textured CS is only textured on one side ... it's something, anyway?
Reply With Quote Likes