Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punches being reconfigured???

Holy cow! I just figured out that most all punches will be the new design with the new catalog. Although I like that I can store lot more punches in a small space, I am not sure if I like the new ones that much that I want to get rid of all old style and get new style punches.

I feel sorry for the demos :(
Hope this is okay to say here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the EK new style punches and had bought several before SU even came out with them...I am hoping you will be pleased with how well they work as well as the easy storage they offer by locking closed...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

IMO the demos will not necessarily need to reinvest in new punches to replace ones we already own. One "new style" punch would show off the features and benefits of the improved, reconfigured punches. The demo should be able to sell the customer on the improved punch and still demonstrate with the old one. And, if any customer is dying to have an old style punch as demonstrated, speaking for myself I'd gladly trade them for a new one. LOL

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Oh gosh, no punch replacements for me. I have all the punches in the old style and the new punches in Occasions and SAB in new style. I can easily explain to customers about the change and the impracticality (financially) of replacing them. I wouldn't want a customer to think I had to do that as that's not necessary for me to conduct business effectively. Just a simple explanation about our revamping should do it and I have a couple new punches to show off. When we get new things, we (as demos) do not buy it all. I wish I could, LOL!

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

That is good that you all have a plan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I don't think they mean for us demos to have to buy all new punches...they are just going to that style...which I'm not a huge fan of but oh well. I'll keep using the ones I have and showing customers the cool points about the new ones...they can lock and stack for storage!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndiAnnaJonesView Post
That is good that you all have a plan
My "plan", sadly, is often motivated by my wallet :(

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I'm not a big fan of the new punch style. I like the idea that they are easier to store but One of my new ones already doesn't work right. I used it to make a few flowers and now it gets stuck! I tried wax paper etc and nothing helps. All my old ones have been used a LOT and all still work perfect. I got it in January so that doesn't seem like a long life. I do love the new shapes and will buy more but I wish they still were the old style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your punch is no longer working, have your demo call SU! about a replacement. They are very good about replacing defective product.

I'm like the other ladies, I am not replacing the punches I already have, but will use those and buy the new style for the new punches I don't have. I like the new design, myself, and haven't had any problems with them so far.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
I'm not a big fan of the new punch style. I like the idea that they are easier to store but One of my new ones already doesn't work right. I used it to make a few flowers and now it gets stuck! I tried wax paper etc and nothing helps. All my old ones have been used a LOT and all still work perfect. I got it in January so that doesn't seem like a long life. I do love the new shapes and will buy more but I wish they still were the old style.
Yes, I agree with Jan. My fancy flower punch didn't work either. Did the same thing as yours but from the get-go. Just contact them, they will send you a new one, they are awesome like that! My replacement works just fine!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 03:58 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

personally I don' t find the new style all that much easier to store. still weighs the same, still takes up the same amount of space volume wise.. and frankly, I like the idea of stringing up a dowel or curtain rod and mounting the old style on the wall for easy access.

the new style.. have to use up a drawer or shelf both of which make it harder to visually see what each punch is.

and I find them them actually harder to use..and that's saying soemthing as most punches I cannot use at all( bad hands/wrists)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 04:03 AM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
personally I don' t find the new style all that much easier to store. still weighs the same, still takes up the same amount of space volume wise.. and frankly, I like the idea of stringing up a dowel or curtain rod and mounting the old style on the wall for easy access.

the new style.. have to use up a drawer or shelf both of which make it harder to visually see what each punch is.

and I find them them actually harder to use..and that's saying soemthing as most punches I cannot use at all( bad hands/wrists)
Wasn't saying I "like" them:-) Just that some people do like the locking and stacking thing so I try to use it as a selling point....I just CAN'T put things out of sight or I'd never use them! I also need to hang up a couple of more IKEA rails since I've got punches all over my craft room....they are taking over!!!! I guess that being said, I have a few stacked up (waiting for their new home) and I guess I can see where *some* people would like it. The new style does still fit on the rails.

And if I am working with more than one at a time I do lock them and stack them on my desk just to kind of get them out of the way, so I guess it is a nice feature to have....I just don't leave them there or like that, make sense?

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Just when my hubby put up the Ikea rods for my punches...they change THAT, too! I do have a few of the baskets and have the EK punches in those hanging bins...I guess I just don't 'do' change well, lol. I'm thrilled to get some of the old In-Colors back, though...and my wallet won't be able to take on buying new punches just because they changed the shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 AM   #14  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcolemonView Post
Just when my hubby put up the Ikea rods for my punches...they change THAT, too! I do have a few of the baskets and have the EK punches in those hanging bins...I guess I just don't 'do' change well, lol. I'm thrilled to get some of the old In-Colors back, though...and my wallet won't be able to take on buying new punches just because they changed the shape.
You don't need to buy new ones to replace old ones! Just a different casing, punches still the same. And they totally fit on the rails still...they just won't all look the same...bothers me but I'll get used to it! And it's good to shake the OCD up now and then:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcolemonView Post
If you leave the new-style punch open (unlocked), you can hang it on the rails/rods...

Initially I thought I'd like the new punches because I'm all about consolidation, but I'm not convinced that they've worked out all the bugs yet, so right now I prefer the old style. I do have (and use) several of the new ones, but I'm just not thrilled with them. We'll see how it goes from here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Realize.......it's not Stampin' Up coming out with the idea of new punches. Those are manufactured by EK Success. Also, new doesn't have to mean better. I've used a few purchased in the store and don't find them better, just different.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I prefer the old style even though they are bulkier. They feel sturdier and the plastic housing seems less cheap. But I'll still get some of the new ones, especially the new sizes of the scallop circles.
Reply With Quote Likes