Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chemo Angel Thank You

Hi Ladies,

I guess about 2 months ago I put out a request for cardfronts to use for an organization called Chemo Angels. I had recently sent the organization close to 500 cards to sell to raise funds. I also send out 30+ cards a month to those patients that have a birthday that falls in a particular month, sympathies to families of patients who lost their fight, or encouragement to those that are tired of fighting.

Well I want to make sure that I acknowledge all the wonderful women who sent me cards. I believe most are from Splitcoast Stampers.

A HUGE Thank you to:

Kate Dirienzo
Terri Shafer
Felicia Beasley
Alyson Levin
Tiffany Wells
Christine Roguska
Susan Davis
Patti White
Sonya Forman
Karen Foltz
Sue Miteff
Angie Helland
Diane Sayre
Krista Beken
Lisa Woods
Heather Carter

Every single one of these women sent me an envelope or box filled with card fronts or whole cards or cards with envelopes.

I can't Thank you enough for your GENEROUS donations. Every single one of these cards will be used for the Chemo Angel program.

I want you to know that on a regular basis the Chemo Angel program will get a letter from a patient telling of how their mailbox overflowed with cards for their birthday or how a patient may have lost their battle but their last days were filled with cards and hugs from Angels across the country.

I recently sent a sympathy card to a family. The wife had lost her 40 yo husband and now was raising 3 children on her own. This woman sent me a Thank you card...not one from the funeral home...a hand written card...Thanking ME for thinking of her and the kids. I cried. That card is really for all of you as well because your generosity makes it possible for me to send these cards out. Cards are expensive and I could never afford to buy the amount of cards I typically send out...your donations make it possible for me to keep the cost down but the amount of cards being mailed out high the way it should be.

Sorry for the length of this post but I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate your generosity and to let you know how much it means to these patients and their families.

Bless you all!!

Angel hugs,
Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Chris - you are more than welcome. Actually - I should be thanking you for taking on this huge responsibility. I too have sent cards to Chemo Angels, however, have not had the time as of late. I am glad there are "Chris'" out there that are able to do so on a regular basis.

If you ever need more cards, card fronts, envelopes, postage, etc - let me know and I will send some your way.

Thank you again for doing this!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Chemo angel thank you

Thank you for posting this it has been informative for me. I did not know about Chemo Angels when my husband was undergoing his chemo this summer. Thankfully he is doing well now and should be here to watch our two young girls grow up.

I will be making cards now for Chemo Angels too. Should I send them to you or are you overwhelmed?

Letha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Karen,

Thank you so much for the offer!!! Chemo Angels is holding a fundraiser this month. Since they are a non-profit organization they must have a lawyer and bookkeeper to watch over everything, plus they incur costs to send out items (blankets, chemocaps, medicated lollipops, etc) that people donate for patients. The Angels incur the costs to their patients so the organization never asks us to donate to them as well. Last October was the first year they held a fundraiser of sorts because they were close to being out of funds.

So I would never ask for anything for me (except cardfronts..LOL!!) but I know they would appreciate a donation of ANY size. You can let them know I sent you if you want. I currently have a can that I've been putting my silver change in at the end of the day, I will send this to them before the end of the month.

Thanks again for your generous offer to help me.

Hugs,
Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2004, 04:47 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Letha,

I am THRILLED to hear your husband is doing well. Please give him a big Angel hug for him. I pray he never needs to be added to my list.

I tell you there are days when I get my Special Assignment list that I sometimes wonder if I can keep doing this. But then I kick myself in the butt and think how selfish I am to even feel that way.

The ages of the patients are all over the place, but it seems that recently I have gotten lists with a number of sympathies having to go out for very young children. I begin my day reading these lists and crying. I have gotten into the habit of waiting until I get home to open the e-mail.

Card donations are always welcome to either Chemo Angels or me. The organization mailing address is on the website I believe. If you can't find it let me know and I'll get it for you.

You can e-mail me at:
[email protected]

Again hugs to you and your family.

Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

bump...I just to make sure all those that donated see the post.

Thanks,
Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 01:14 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

bump
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:20 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

your very welcome - working on another batch as a mater of fact!

This ahs beena crazy month so I may not be able tpo mail them until the becinning of November!

Smiles from your Angel Helper!!! (I love that name you bestowed upon me! )

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 05:52 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Kate,

I don't know if some of the ladies on the list above are from you passing my name onto them. If they are please "Thank" them for me.

I completely understand the craziness. I worked 12 days straight with the weekdays starting at 8 am and not getting home until 7:30 at night. Even Saturday and Sunday wound up being 6 hours each day. You think I had some important job or something. I'm a numbers cruncher..but when your division of the company didn't make their numbers :( for the quarter we must be very creative in the way we show this to the Corp office. Bad numbers, pretty pages!! You know...I should have suggested maybe rubberstamping the balance sheets or the Profit and Loss statements! LOL~~ :lol:

Anyway, whenever you get a chance to send cards trust me it is GREATLY appreciated.

I'm actually low on my ready to go cards so I have to go through and sort through the cardfronts and seperate by just need to be made into cards vs need to alter wording. Then I have to put the plea out to my girlfriends for extra pairs of hands to help with cutting cardstock, altering etc. I have to say I'm very, very lucky to have so many wonderful Angel helpers.

Again, Thank you to you ALL for your help.

Hugs,
~~Chris~~
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 06:19 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Christine,

I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the person that you are to take up this generous responsibility. My 45 yo sister has a chemo angel and we both thank her everyday we wake up. The program is wonderful and brings a brightness to a very bleak time of life. My sister is alone with no family nearby so you cannot imagine how much her angel means to her. Again thank you.

I didn't read your first post about card fronts, but will search it down and see the requirements. My cards will be coming shortly as well as my donation to the organization.

Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 07:00 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh Sheila,

Thank you! It's notes like yours that make an Angels day! It's what the program is all about. I'm glad the Angels have spread their wings around your sister.

When you sign up as a Chemo Angel we are told from day one NEVER to expect a response from your patient or their family. They are going through so much with the chemo / radiation treatments. The families are exhausted as well with worry, running back and forth, and everyday caring for the patient, working etc.

If we're extremely lucky we do get a letter from the patient or their family and it is rare. I was a fortunate one, I had an 7 yo little girl. When I said "had" I am HAPPY to report she graduated the program and is doing well. Her mother and I still keep in touch, she is pregnant with her second child and her husband is in Iraq. (If you recently saw the Oprah show she was one of the Surprise Baby shower mothers.)

Thank you again Sheila and please, please give your sister a big hug for me.

Much love,
Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes