Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this be a no-no?

A local demo is having a stamp camp in a couple weeks and included in the price of the camp is a set in the Holiday catty that I don't care for. The price for the camp is $30...would it be a no-no for me to offer to pay $20 and just not take the stamp set??

I'm torn, b/c the demo is my DD's teacher, and I don't want to make her mad! I'll be volunteering in the classroom today, so I'm gonna ask her then, but I just wanted to get SCS opinions on it before I approached her.

What would you do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:06 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here camp is probably centered around that set and each person would have their own to use. You might suggest to her that you don't care for that set, but would love to attend her class and could you substitute one of similar style/value. I wouldn't be offended if one of my customers asked me that.

As a demo, I know it's hard to please everyone, but I try to be flexible.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:06 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I know its a lot of work to get ready for a stamp camp...i would go ahead and pay the 30.00 and just trade it on scs if you don't like it... jmho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:07 AM   #4  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, you may be using the stamp set at the stamp camp. How do you think someone will feel about letting you use theirs? She has probably figured in all costs also, so if it's a $10 set, you wouldn't be paying $10 less, it would be about $7 less (to allow for commission). She has probably figured all of that into the cost and felt comfortable with that number. Another option is for you to take the class and pay the $30, but then trade the set here on SCS if you decide you don't want it. Who knows??? You may decided you NEED it after all the cool projects you do with it. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Chances are that her entire camp is based on this stamp set. If you have no interest in the set, don't sign up for the camp. By having customers purchase the set for the camp, she is adding to her sales as well as ensuring that everyone has their own supplies to work with. I would guess that she probably hasn't considered this situation occurring, so you would be putting her in an awkward situation. She's going to want to answer you right away, and either cave in to something she doesn't want, or turn you down, which she doesn't want to do to for fear of offending you.

I'm speaking as a demo of 7 1/2 yrs. It's a tough call all the way around. But is it fair of her to let you attend the camp without purchasing the set when everyone else had to?

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I agree with what others have said here, I would do the camp if you want to, and just trade the set, or not go. I have seen demos offer if you attend the camp then you get x amount of dollars towards your order or such, but never seen them offer to take the set off or trade for a different one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmm, I guess I didn't think of that...the set is Wishing you ($19.95) so I thought offering $20, that would be fair...but, I didn't consider that might be what the camp is based around.

I'll ask her today and see what she says...if it based around that set, maybe I'll just opt out of this one.

Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly.sutterfield
Chances are that her entire camp is based on this stamp set. If you have no interest in the set, don't sign up for the camp. By having customers purchase the set for the camp, she is adding to her sales as well as ensuring that everyone has their own supplies to work with. I would guess that she probably hasn't considered this situation occurring, so you would be putting her in an awkward situation. She's going to want to answer you right away, and either cave in to something she doesn't want, or turn you down, which she doesn't want to do to for fear of offending you.

I'm speaking as a demo of 7 1/2 yrs. It's a tough call all the way around. But is it fair of her to let you attend the camp without purchasing the set when everyone else had to?
I'm going to ask her if the camp is based around this one set or if this is just one of the "perks" of attending the stamp camp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I know from some of the camps I've been to and used a set that I thought I would never in a million years buy, is now sitting on my shelf. Just seeing other stuff made with it and you sometimes learn to love the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Maybe she would be willing to let you see some samples of what you'd be making to see if it's something you would like. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask her for more details!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, her and I discussed it today and come to find out, the demo she usually does stuff with is having her own camp (the one I asked about)...she's doing something totally different!

I'm so glad! Now, I can go to her stamp camp, plus it's $20 cheaper!
Reply With Quote Likes